Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901899 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. In the past 24 hrs., .89" of rain at the ranch & 1.0" in Bugtussle. Ice is out on Beaver Lake but there's still a big hunk floating around on St. Olaf yet. A little more wind and rain and it should disappear soon. Still waiting on one ewe that's close up to pop. About the time ya think she's gonna go, she's off wandering around the pasture or stuffing her face at the manger. Cloudy, rainy, breezy and dreary, the kind of day that might call for a nap later on!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. In the past 24 hrs., .89" of rain at the ranch & 1.0" in Bugtussle. Ice is out on Beaver Lake but there's still a big hunk floating around on St. Olaf yet. A little more wind and rain and it should disappear soon. Still waiting on one ewe that's close up to pop. About the time ya think she's gonna go, she's off wandering around the pasture or stuffing her face at the manger. Cloudy, rainy, breezy and dreary, the kind of day that might call for a nap later on!  :happy1:
do you ever have any day that you dont consider a nap day???????? :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Isn't it about time for you to go back up north where you can't bother the rest of us?  :confused:  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't it about time for you to go back up north where you can't bother the rest of us?  :confused:  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao:  :rotflmao: gone as soon as the lakes are ice free!!!🤪 :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/24/21, 10:35:20 AM by glenn57 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You could troll around the iceberg on St. Olaf today. Anything to get you out of our hair!  :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut:  HEY!!                 :bonk: :banghead: :censored: :mad1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: just trying to help... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HET DOTCH, any plans, talk about visiting your Canadian buddy this year. Conversation over on IDO, it isn't sounding very promising. :scratch: :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut:  HEY!!                 :bonk: :banghead: :censored: :mad1:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :sleazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Boys. 23 here this morning heading for 40 something today.  Couple neighbors still out fishing last night. If we get home early enough after grocery shopping tonight I ma y venture out. We shall. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning,heavy frost this morning,at least the rain/clouds pushed out,makes for a nice afternoon. Two day's of rain sure greened up the grass,feels good.
« Last Edit: March 03/25/21, 09:16:19 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 here and going for the upper 40's..  kind of nice not hearing the wind howling too!!  got a few things going on today so I'll just plug along with them..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Not a lot going on here today neither.  Will go for a walk with the dogs and then work on my campfire grate some more.  Almost done.  I told them I would be ready to take our camper out of storage whenever we can get it.  Now to decide whether to have cereal or sausage and eggs for breakfast. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........24 when i looked buy sunshine!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: the rain helped green things up a bit. rubarb is showing signs of life as well as my wife's day lilies!!!!! looks like the horseradish may be starting to sprout too!!!!!!!1 :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: i have noticed our buddy Lee hasnt been around in a while???? :shocked: :doah: do you suppose he's helping da bears get ready for the draft??? did he have influence getting a new QB???????/ :scratch: :scratch: :confused: 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 24* at 1st glance & it looks like mid to upper 40's will be the high. Finished converting the Husqvarna from blower to mower yday but it was a bit more of a struggle than usual. Mainly because I didn't pull my car out :bonk: so it was a little cramped. Got a couple things in my sights for early today too, getting the wash machine goin is #1. Not much else now, have a good day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 24* at 1st glance & it looks like mid to upper 40's will be the high. Finished converting the Husqvarna from blower to mower yday but it was a bit more of a struggle than usual. Mainly because I didn't pull my car out :bonk: so it was a little cramped. Got a couple things in my sights for early today too, getting the wash machine goin is #1. Not much else now, have a good day.
man you sure do alot of laundry???? :scratch: :scratch: wadda do go roll around in the yard every day! :shocked: :evil: :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you shouldnt get dirty watching Ellen, OR Oprah!!!!!! :happybounce: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

dotch dared me!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :mooning: :pouty: First time on this trip & tomorrow it's 2 weeks. :doah: How often do you change your bloomers, glenn, once a week? ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/25/21, 08:54:38 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: First time on this trip & tomorrow it's 2 weeks. :doah: How often do you change your bloomers, glenn, once a week? ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: kinda personnel aint it!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :shocked:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like you mentioned Glenn, it has been awhile since we heard from the Bears fan.  Hope all is well.  The wife probably has him tied up.   :sleazy:

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys.  Driving me nuts watching the ice pull back from the shore. Back issues are kicking my butt.  Just hoping to be back on my feet in time for deer season at this point.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
HET DOTCH, any plans, talk about visiting your Canadian buddy this year. Conversation over on IDO, it isn't sounding very promising. :scratch: :doah:

Mornin' gang! 33 at choretime heading for a high around 50. Lotsa sunshine too so a gorgeous day on tap. After sleeping like a log and that little nap yesterday afternoon, I'll be ready for another power nap by afternoon.  :happy1: Take care of that back gr! I'll need all the help I can get come hay baling season!  training-087

Ya as far as Canadian travel in the near term, I wouldn't count on it. Communicating with one Canadian friend a few weeks ago, he was not optimistic for anything this spring. Talking with the friend from Bemidji who has the cabin in Canada, rumblings were possibly not until September if/when this COVID thing has run its course. He joked we'd get up there, open it up then have to close it up right away. We've talked in the past of making a winter trip. This upcoming winter might be the one in that case.  It has to have devastated the fishing excursion business just as it has frustrated those from the US who own cabins in Canada. I'm guessing the govt. there has been funneling some cash their direction but that only lasts about so long.   

https://www.ezbordercrossing.com/coronavirus-travel-issues/

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Mornin' gang! 33 at choretime heading for a high around 50. Lotsa sunshine too so a gorgeous day on tap. After sleeping like a log and that little nap yesterday afternoon, I'll be ready for another power nap by afternoon.  :happy1: Take care of that back gr! I'll need all the help I can get come hay baling season!  training-087

Ya as far as Canadian travel in the near term, I wouldn't count on it. Communicating with one Canadian friend a few weeks ago, he was not optimistic for anything this spring. Talking with the friend from Bemidji who has the cabin in Canada, rumblings were possibly not until September if/when this COVID thing has run its course. He joked we'd get up there, open it up then have to close it up right away. We've talked in the past of making a winter trip. This upcoming winter might be the one in that case.  It has to have devastated the fishing excursion business just as it has frustrated those from the US who own cabins in Canada. I'm guessing the govt. there has been funneling some cash their direction but that only lasts about so long.   

https://www.ezbordercrossing.com/coronavirus-travel-issues/
yea its nuts that not even property owners in canada cant even go and check on there property!!!!!!! pretty foolish if you ask me.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The fish are loving it.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
"yea its nuts that not even property owners in canada cant even go and check on there property!!!!!!! pretty foolish if you ask me".

There are two main Canadian couples we've gotten to know pretty well. It's been amusing when we've gone to Bill's cabin to have the Canadians over for lamb. One couple is conservative and the other is liberal, supporting Trudeau. When they get started on politics, Bill & I just sit back to listen. Sounds all too familiar. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet there aren't any adult beverages involved!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
None consumed by adults anyway... :bonk:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
None consumed by adults anyway... :bonk:
i was reminded earlier by one of my daughters i have an anniversary today. NO.......not sobreity.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

10 years ago today i had my quadruple heart bypass.  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!