Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900788 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. .01" of rain at the ranch overnite with light rain presently. After chores, need a little breakfast, run some errands & get some feed. After that, put the charger on the Studebaker. It goes in for its annual physical & oil change Thursday. Might take it out tomorrow to see how it behaves. Got the next last ewe to lamb telegraphing a possible blessed event not too far off so need to keep an eye on her. Bet she'll totter off to the far end of the pasture in the rain to make my day entertaining.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i do it too here in town, sometimes it goes, sometimes not.

but that corner of county roads 4 and 29 up at the cabin is a gold mine for getting rid of stuff.  :happy1: :happy1: them finlanders take about everything!!!!!! :rotflmao: maybe some iowegians too!!!! :evil: :shocked: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i do it too here in town, sometimes it goes, sometimes not.

but that corner of county roads 4 and 29 up at the cabin is a gold mine for getting rid of stuff.  :happy1: :happy1: them finlanders take about everything!!!!!! :rotflmao: maybe some iowegians too!!!! :evil: :shocked: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: Glenn's girlfriends & their relatives grab everything we put down on our corner. :evil:          ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: They even towed, no key, the neighbors bucket loader tractor away 1 time last year. He called the Sheriff & the deputy knew right where to look for it.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny stuff fellas,  mornin peoples just got done with my errands the only thing I forgot was swing by and have the ladies run their fingers thru my hair why they cut,  oh well maybe tomorrow.  Just started spitting out here, maybe a good day to go thru the tackle to see what I need from Sheels tomorrow.  See ya!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny stuff fellas,  mornin peoples just got done with my errands the only thing I forgot was swing by and have the ladies run their fingers thru my hair why they cut,  oh well maybe tomorrow.  Just started spitting out here, maybe a good day to go thru the tackle to see what I need from Sheels tomorrow.  See ya!!
just don't end up like Deshawn Jackson. :confused: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :shocked:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Still :snow3: comin down here!  :rolleyes: Upper 60's by Monday. :crazy: Could get a little sloppy :scratch:, we need the moisture though. :happy1: :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Raining here.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lite rain...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
just don't end up like Deshawn Jackson. :confused: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :shocked:

Huh. I didn't know boober played football... :scratch:

Just penned that ewe up I was thinking would finally go given her actions earlier. Now I can relax a while and read about Pete Buttplug's mileage tax proposal!  :coffee:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Huh. I didn't know boober played football... :scratch:

Just penned that ewe up I was thinking would finally go given her actions earlier. Now I can relax a while and read about Pete Buttplug's mileage tax proposal!  :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: those kind of behaviors arent limited to football players...........

buttplug!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea he's another weiner............. :pouty: :doah: :doah: :confused:  :scratch: :scratch: which come to think of it..he does like.........awe never mind!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Now glenn, this is a family site... :rotflmao:

Wow! That sure didn't take long. I diddled around the house, then played with the Studebaker for a half hour and went back out to see what was going on. The lambs were a couple little whirling dervishes, wasted no time hooking on & the ewe was about as cooperative as they get.  Stude looks alright from 20' but it's dirty. That's OK. I need a dirty woman... :sleazy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiVPC8QHsQM   
« Last Edit: March 03/27/21, 03:01:58 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here to start the day and hoping for the mid 40's..  got a few things on the agenda today but mostly small things...sure is nice to see the sun today too!!!  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Was 18 here when we got up.  I see a few boats go by.  Too cold for me.  I would have been out there 20 years ago but I will wait for warm weather.  I saw an otter on my way to the landfill the other day.  Was in the ditch eating on something.  Ran into the woods.  Pretty cool animals.  I am surprised at how far from the river I have seen them.  Not much going on here today neither.  They wife is just itching to have a small fire so I hope it warms up so we can do that today.  Or at least not windy.  Thinking of some hash with eggs for breakfast....   :sleazy:   You all have a good day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 25* here too but we're only climbing into the low 40's. It finally stopped snowing ~ 11 yday & we even managed to melt a little of it. We didn't have a lot of sun either & the wind started blowin pretty good by late afternoon. Guess it could be worse though as I seen on AMHQ that Nashville had 6-8" of rain yday. :crazy: It's shapin up to be a normal Sunday here so it's off to get a paper in a bit. See where the day leads me after that, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey LPS the ships are in Duluth already... just watched one leave port

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........not sure whats on the agenda yet.....probably just another Gunner and Mikey kinda day. :evil: suppose i'll have to clean out the wet sunflower seeds from the feeders!!!!!

wifey said that locke lake by monticello was ice free last nite. went up to da pub and had a few beers and a bite to eat. good friday there is a fish fry at one of my old watering holes i'm going to check out!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: couple of my classmates put it on.  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. .23" of precip at the ranch over the past 24 hrs. Haven't been to town today so that one may wait until tomorrow. Docked tails, tagged and vaccinated more lambs this a.m. Hauled the 3 bottle lambs down to the main barn. Time they learned they're sheep. Debating whether I'm ambitious enough to make a FF run. Battery held a charge after letting the car run for an hour. Detailing the Stude & staying up until the wee hours of the morning watching hockey took a lot of starch out of me. It's at times like these I ask myself, WWGD? (what would glenn do)... :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. .23" of precip at the ranch over the past 24 hrs. Haven't been to town today so that one may wait until tomorrow. Docked tails, tagged and vaccinated more lambs this a.m. Hauled the 3 bottle lambs down to the main barn. Time they learned they're sheep. Debating whether I'm ambitious enough to make a FF run. Battery held a charge after letting the car run for an hour. Detailing the Stude & staying up until the wee hours of the morning watching hockey took a lot of starch out of me. It's at times like these I ask myself, WWGD? (what would glenn do)... :scratch:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you sure it was watching the hockey.........or  :drinking: :tequila; while watching hockey.  :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

oh and Glenn would start all over and kick some more  :moon: :moon: :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 this morning going for the upper 60's!!! and sounds like we better hang onto out hats too with the wind howling!!  got a few things to do today...  sure was a good weekend with the son and his family here for part of it...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here this morning and heading for 60 today. Like Mike said going to be windy. Red flag warnings. Fished Friday night and all day Saturday. Kinda slow fishing, but I did catch a 27" walter Friday night. It was a fatty too. Probably be the end of ice fishing for me. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Already getting windy here.  Gonna pick up as the day goes on.  Fargo is talking gusts to 50 or even 60 later on.  No fires today.  Did have a small one yesterday in our fire pit.  May have to go to town to get stocked up today.  Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........awe a monday.............and no salt mine here!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

still got some frost in the ground near the neighbors fence........cant get the garden markers out yet......... maybe today??? gotta help mom this afternoon.......guess a guy gotta start realizing at 84 and a pacemaker now, she'll need a little more help with heavy things. first gotta wait for a phone call to get some health ins stuff going for the wife.

thursday....the rona shot then an appt with some nurse to help me finish filling out my living will..........tough to answer some of those questions!!!!!! :doah: :pouty: friday a fish fry at a pub in richmond, then sat easter at moms.......maybe a meat raffle first.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 35* at 1st peek & we're headed just north of 60*. Got a few things I'd like to get at today, have to see how far I can get without being blown away. A lot cooler the next couple so some stuff may get pushed closer to the weekend. 'Bout it from here, have a good un.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 38 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Breezy so far with gusts up to 32 mph recorded in Owatonna. Got a couple more ewes w/lambs moved yesterday afternoon. Sure makes chores go more smoothly & quickly w/o having all those little pens. Lambs love it too. While Mom is busy stuffing her face, they really rip & tear. Pretty quiet otherwise.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi Guys.   We made it back from the Covid Jailbreak jaunt down to Amelia Island (Florida).  Great weather and a fun time.    No spring breakers there, just regular folks and a nice beach.   

Long day... See you tomorrow...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glad yer back del. The kids were just awful while you were gone... :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad yer back del. The kids were just awful while you were gone... :bonk:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea that dang gunner, Mike and LPS
 Just can't control them. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here and that is the high for today. Just going to cool off more for the next 2 days. The wind is a whipping worse than yesterday today with some snow when we left home this morning. The ice was pretty dark last night. Thinking with the cold and wind it may be white on top again tonight. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!