Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946295 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
other than the wind,she's a beaut again,nice glow to the east as the sun is rising,robin's are making a ruckus this morning,must be staking out territory.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 27 here and only a few degrees warmer today...  made it to 72 yesterday..  and the wind is still blowing!!!   sure is beating the ice down too...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, seen 26* out in garage & that appears to be the high for the day as well. Some sideways light snow too. :crazy: It's a good thing the bay's not a little more open or we might have a 6-8' wall of ice piled up on our shore.  :rolleyes: Glad I got most my stuff done outside yday. :cool: Finally got our last tax paper on the estate from the accountant yday.  :happy1: So I'll be finishing my federal taxes & doing my state too, before the day's over. No more now, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......yep windy and chilly after yesterday!!!!!!! :confused: not sure the game plan for today yet!  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cold and windy as heck here.  We are all white again here. Snowed a couple of times so hard we couldn't see the river.  Maybe half inch?  Not gonna get too busy with anything today.  Can always do it tomorrow.   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cold and windy as heck here.  We are all white again here. Snowed a couple of times so hard we couldn't see the river.  Maybe half inch?  Not gonna get too busy with anything today.  Can always do it tomorrow.   :rotflmao: :happy1:

LOL.... LPS reminds me of "MA and PA Kettle....PA "I'll get around to it some day"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those were great shows.  LOL  It is blustery here.  I went to town and a guy with a boat was standing next to his tent which was blowing in the wind at the campground.  On my way home 15 minutes later no sign of him.  He packed up and headed out.  I checked the accesses in town and both were packed yesterday, no one in sight today.  Whitecaps on the river. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Reached 71 yesterday at the ranch and Mrs. Cheviot claimed she had 72 on the car thermo-meter. 1st liar doesn't stand a chance. Even tho it was windy last nite, the chorus frogs in the wetland had it cranked up. Impressive to hear them above the wind from almost a quarter mile away. On a still night it's almost deafening right by the pond itself. Cooldown today then warming into the mid-70's by Easter Sunday. Time to get out my Speedo!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man the wind is sure eating up the ice this morning!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man the wind is sure eating up the ice this morning!!!
been cleaning out the trees too. went to moms a bit ago.........all kinds of branches and twigs laying in yards.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea that too....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Took the wheeler down to check the mail & it was almost a white-out when I was at the mail box. :crazy: That wind is howling too, the forecast says it won't settle down 'til almost sunrise tomorrow. Just a little ice left down at the bridge.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I've seen pics on the book of faces and our lake chain is open,  way to early.  Afternoon peoples ya it's skirt alert winds as they say down south,  just not seeing any..Stopped by fleet farm after work to grab a few things , came out to find a shopping cart next to my truck, yep sure enough a perfect little dent in one of my doors, I didn't park next to anyone so it musta been a runaway in the wind  :angry2:  Why friggen people can't put em where they belong in the lot is beyond me, lazy pukes. Anywho gots ta start on Taco's soon.. See ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Degenerates!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I hate that too..  my legs could really be hurting but I still put the cart away..... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Usually there's almost as many carts between where we park & the front door as there is in the cart corral @ the Walmart in GR.  :angry: Personally I don't think they have time as ~ 2/3 of 'em are already on their  :censored: phones when they walk out of the store. :doah: :sad:
« Last Edit: March 03/30/21, 07:39:51 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Lazy  :censored:holes is what they are! Wife gets mad at me when I park a country mile away. That is the reason why. Morning boys. ( to start the day here heading for mid 20s. Some flurries again this morning. The ice on the main lake is soft enough that the wind was able to push it to the east. We had about 150 yards of open water last night. It is officially done for me now. Time to put the ice gear away. Maybe we will be able to put the boat in the lake this year before the end of walleye season . That would be a first. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
clear and cold but looks like a dandy day weather wise today. Packing up my gear for another assult on the western praires,the white devils are pouring in still.
« Last Edit: March 03/31/21, 08:14:40 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 17 here and might hit 33...  going to Alex this morning and re-supply...  I'm going to make tater salad again this weekend I think, going to use the recipe LPS sent me...  that looks really close to what my wife used to make...  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 12* to begin our day & it looks like we may not make 30* for the high. We're headed for the big city today too & have a few extra stops in the works so it may take up most of our day. That wind opened more of the shoreline in our bay yday, even out in front here. Kept it open over night too, pretty certain the channel & little bridge is ice free this AM as well. Better run, it's goin to be a full day. Stay warm & have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........headed to st cloud this am.........got intel about some 30-06 shells!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: udder den dat.....gt nuttin!!!!!!

Gunner dont spend so much time in Inger....you'll get your trip done quicker!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to get a few more things tossed away in the burning pile today. Two loads to storage garage and one to the dump yesterday. Then l need to pick up a carrying case for the new Stihl saw and get packed to head up to deer camp for a couple of days to get away.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was 9 here when I got up.  Back to reality I guess.  And that can be way over rated...  Getting the horses hoofs trimmed today.  Good to get that taken care of.  Not sure what else I can do.  Stay warm is the name of the game today.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Some snow squalls through the area catching the ranch and greater Bugtussle this a.m. Parking lot is white. Glad I drained the hose in the main barn as there was ice in all the water buckets. Wifey has the day off so I can hide in town. In the meantime it's payroll & bill paying time for the end of the month. Yee frickin' ha... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Some snow squalls through the area catching the ranch and greater Bugtussle this a.m. Parking lot is white. Glad I drained the hose in the main barn as there was ice in all the water buckets. Wifey has the day off so I can hide in town. In the meantime it's payroll & bill paying time for the end of the month. Yee frickin' ha... :rolleyes:
awd quit whining and spend some of that moldy money on something other then gin. :pouty: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
drove past Markn's place coming home from Alex..  that lad has been working!!! he has cleared tree's and brush and what all getting ready for his new shed...  I can see why he wants to het away a few days!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
The training curve for carrying brush is pretty short Mike. I think I could get you to “Master Brush Mover” in a few short lessons.
 :sleazy: :rotflmao:
Still have six or seven large trees to dump yet.  :cool:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you were on the SW of your yard with your wheeler, I honked the horn a few times but I figure the wheeler was running and ya didn't hear it!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  and I'll bet ya could be a great trainer!!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 here this AM heading for the 40s today. Like Snow says there is a nice glow to the east in the morning. Already starting to glow around 5 or shortly there after. Friday for us. We get Good Friday off for the last 3 years. We used to get Presidents day off. Liked that better. Oh well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 16 this morning and heading into the 40's...  got all my stuff done yesterday that I needed done and that's ok!!!  not much going on today...  have a good day all!!   :happy1: