Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4947041 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, getting ready to head out for the rona shot.  :doofus: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 14* here & we're headed for 43* later. Our mission yday went quicker than expected & we were back here by ~ 1:30. Got a few outside jobs in mind for today once it warms up a little. 'Bout it from this neck of the woods, hopin your Thursday's a good 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Blow the foam off one more cup of coffee and then finish packing and head North for a couple of days. Hopefully my nephew don't work me too hard moving stands. Picked up a hard case for the chainsaw which was only $48.00. Pleasantly surprised there. I figured they would be in 80 to 90 dollar range. Got to go, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Having some java with Bob sitting on my lap as I write.  Good cat!  Glad it will be a little nicer today.  I have a pile of wood I need to split by our campfire area.  Was going to wait for the weekend but mayhaps I will do some today.  We shall see. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 15 for an overnite low, 17 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to low 40's. Got the Studebaker into town unscathed. Ran smooth & heater works. So does the defroster, on one side. One of the hoses must be unhooked under the dash. Takes a contortionist to get at it. That's what they make young whippersnappers for!  :happy1:

Almost forgot, we had the dreaded graupel show up yesterday. People cowered in fear... :shocked:

« Last Edit: April 04/01/21, 11:28:59 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Having some java with Bob sitting on my lap as I write.  Good cat!  Glad it will be a little nicer today.  I have a pile of wood I need to split by our campfire area.  Was going to wait for the weekend but mayhaps I will do some today.  We shall see.

I'll get around to it some day Ma....lol

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Tomorrow is the best day to start any worthwhile project.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tomorrow is the best day to start any worthwhile project.
:tut: :tut: except  :toast: :toast: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Too nice out to follow my own advice so I fertilized my rhubarb and cleaned up the asparagus patch.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey LPS, a ship is heading out of Duluth as I write this..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks I have to pay more attention to that now. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Too nice out to follow my own advice so I fertilized my rhubarb and cleaned up the asparagus patch.

That reminds me that I need to stop someplace and pick up some rhubarb roots and find a new place to plant them.    Also want to get two or three more of those norway spruce for the back yard.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 34 here heading for the 50s today. A good day not to have to be in the salt mines.  :happy1: First project of the day will be to load the wood shed. I was going to do it Wednesday night but the battery was dead on the skid steer. When I am done hauling firewood I will need to figure out why the new alternator is not charging the battery. Otherwise time to grab some unleaded coffee and watch the sun come up. Have a Good Friday boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 34 here and hopefully get to the low 60's!!!  got a bunch done yesterday and that was a good day!!  I too am starting to wonder about Lee?  not like him to disappear for such a long time...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, where is Lee.  :scratch: Have not heard from Coffee in a long time either.  :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there's another...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, where is Lee.  :scratch: Have not heard from Coffee in a long time either.  :scratch:
maybe  :queen: Borgie caught ole Lee drooling over the fishing gals and took away his puter???? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

coffee?????? last i heard he was in lust too!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

that boar feller's been pretty quiet lately too!!!!!!!! :confused: :scratch:

morning fellers........looking like the weather is going to warm up, but that dang wind!!!!! :doofus: thinking i'm gonna hit up a fish fry today at a local pub. momma agreed to be my driver!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 34*at 1st peek & we're aimin for the mid  50's. I thought :scratch: Lee popped in for a NFL thread last week just after glenn started worryin about him. ;) :rolleyes:  :laugh: Yeah, don't worry too much guys he still feels good enough to start a new thread to give us  :bs: about the Vikings. :shocked: :smiley: It was the 1 player who they could cut thread & that was 3/26, so he's OK. That wind put the hurt on the bay's ice again yday. The entire shoreline should be open today so it'll be able to move around soon, won't be long then. :happy1: :cool: Started a patch on our steps down to the lake yday so that will my 1st priority, a couple more irons in the fire too. Have a good day

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup looks to be a nice day.  Gonna putz around outside and enjoy it too.  Will go for a wheeler ride so the dogs can follow me.  I stay on our property so all is good.  Have a good Friday.  LOL

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high around 60. Breezy, again so it doesn't feel as warm as the temp might indicate. Forgot to change my calendar in the office & see it's a flock of northern shovelers coming in for a landing on a wetland not unlike ours. I suspect Lee may be keeping a low profile since Da Bears hired Carrot Top. Just watch, Dalton will suck overall but manage to beat the Vikes, twice... :doah: Need to harvest a few more pussy willows today if they haven't started to pollinate. Was going to prune my customer's apple trees but too windy, especially out in the wide open spaces where he lives. May poke around at some of ours where's it more sheltered instead & prune his tomorrow.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The wind sure has been doing a good job of pruning the dead limbs off the trees this away, kindling laying all over. Afternoon peoples,  was thinking a fish fry here also since some do the Lent thing but the wif said burgers and onion rings, whatta gal!! Anywho hoping to start our early mornin stroll with the pooches on the weekend's,  cuz they need it,  I know I don't I'm just along for picking up behind them.. ;) . Gotta run, see ya!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, very calm this morning!!  37 going for the 60's again!!  sure was a nice day yesterday, minus the wind...  not much going on overall today so I'll just go with the day!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Calm here to.  Wish it would stay that way all day.  They are saying N at 5-10.  That may not be too bad.  Sure would like to sit by a fire later on.  We shall see.  High of 57.  Can handle that.  No big plans just enjoy time with the wife and pets.  LOL  I even got up first and made coffee.    :sleazy:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 33 here this morning and heading to what ever LPS said. Little wind here off of the lake. Enough to keep the flags moving. I was up first to and made the coffee. Going to put a bear roast in the crockpot for supper. I think the plan for today will be to go for a cruise down in Beltrami state forest. The ice out the lake is looking mighty dark this morning. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 36* with barely a ripple on the ~ 1/3 of the bay that's now open. Our high may not make 60*, gonna be nice without much wind for a change. :happy1: Got my project finished yday & will have to see what pops up today. Hopin your Saturday's a good 1.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.............had a good time at the fish fry yesterday!!! :happy1: :happy1: think i even scored a place in the near future to turkey hunt and chase a few tree rats!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.............had a good time at the fish fry yesterday!!! :happy1: :happy1: think i even scored a place in the near future to turkey hunt and chase a few tree rats!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
oh you seen HD???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh you seen HD???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
naw, i'll hit him up for tree rats this fall too!!!!!!!!! this place is close to home.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 39 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Just a light breeze after yesterday's winds gusting to 35 mph. Harvested what are likely to be the last of the pussy willows for spring. Found more bushes and it appears we have both male and female plants by the appearance of the pistils on the females. No stamens or pollen yet so am guessing male plants are largely what I gathered. Getting mentally prepared to go prune my customers fruit trees. Coffee helps. Also out of material to make G&T's. That Stratusphere packs a whallup!  :happy1: