Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902016 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, what a great day yesterday and today looks to be the same!!  got a whole lot done outside yesterday that I wasn't even thinking about yet!!  just to darn nice so I just stayed outside....   47 this morning and going for 70 today!!!  have a good outside day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Easter all. We did Easter with our kids and grandkids yesterday. Good time, good eats. Today I need to get the wood picked up we cut down yesterday. Or maybe just take it easy today do it tomorrow. Have a great day. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Easter boys! 34 here heading for 50s today. The ice sheet is now shoved all the way up to shore today. It is really moving around. Spent the afternoon cruising around down in Beltrami. It was in the 60s down there. It was a nice day yesterday. Hoping today is just as nice. May putz around outside today after making a good breakfast. I have Glenn's favorite thawing out now. Bacon  :hubba:. Have a good Easter boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......yep looking like another awesome day today weather wise.  :happy1: :happy1: went to the meat raffle before easter at moms. won a few  :toast: :toast: and 2 meat packages, the kid won 2 also. packages contained 2 nice ribeye steaks and a package of turtle bait!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: shrimp.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i love shrimp....it dont like me, but momma was happy!!!!! :happy1:

was good to see extended family, chow was good. also got to see the granddaughter with the eating issues, other then looking like a toothpick she looked good. they stopped by so Angel could see shadow. told her she needs to get better and when she gets home we still have a weekend plan for going to the cabin........sure hope that gets her to thinking.........
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope so too Glenn!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i forgot to mention too that i seen her plate of food....and she ate it all!!!!!!! it was a pretty good size helping..i was impressed!!!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 47* at 1st peek, & we're shootin for 63*, I guess. :scratch: Be little surprised if'n we don't get closer to 70* myself as they missed it yday by ~ 5*. Just like mike, I too spent almost all day outside messin around, this morning will be much the same. It looks like we lost a little ice overnight & with the forecast I'm thinkin there will not be much left on the bay by tomorrow. A little more yardwork to start this day, after that we'll see. Have a good Easter guys.
« Last Edit: April 04/04/21, 08:37:51 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's great Glenn!!  only a small area of ice left on the lake here..  should be gone today....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Easter boys.  It is a beautiful morning.  The river is the smoothest it has been since it opened up.  No wind so far and looks like it will only be about 5 mph.  SO that means we will have to have another fire today.  We split our wood for the campfire and should get us through the summer.  Cut down a twisted up gnarly boxelder that was interfering with a spruce tree.  That will be firewood too.  Need to clean bird houses too.  SO lots to do.  Watched the Twins game and enjoyed it.  Becoming more of a fan each year.  May even buy a hat.  Now I need to decide how we are going to cook our ham.  Have a great day!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' & Happy Easter gang! 45 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. More tails docked, tags and vaccinations done after chores. Finished touching up the SnowSweet tree & got the pear trees pruned. Get the rough prune done on the crabapples & that'll bring us up to cruise time at 2 p.m. Some of us from the car club are going up around Elysian & probably end up at Barney's in Waseca. Older group so they think supper is at 5 or before. At 5 I still have 3 hours of work to do yet. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 04/04/21, 11:05:35 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
She's a beaut for a monday,sounds like rain the next few days so enjoy what we have today.
« Last Edit: April 04/05/21, 06:52:55 AM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 35 here this morning heading for the mid 50s today. Still lots of ice out on the lake, but it is not looking good. Moving around a lot. Well, another fine Monday in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, what a great weekend!!!  got a bunch done and had such nice weather!!!  the last of the ice on the lake was gone yesterday..  one dock has been put in the lake I see too..  yup snow some rain coming our way too..  enjoy today all!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got a lot of stuff done yesterday and Sat.  Getting ready for summer.  Sure hope we get some of the rain this week as indicated.  Have some more projects I would like to get done before it does.  Would like to drag the pasture and break up the meadow muffins.  There is some green grass peeking through the brown here but not much.  I am a little stiff and sore from all of the activities and that is a good thing.  Need to do more of it. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 42* presently here & somewhere near 70* is gonna be the high. We have a small patch of floating ice as well as a narrow band along the SE shore. It should all be gone by days end, I'd think. Some rain here later too. Hope so, as we could use an all day soaker. No snow here....................yet, it'll probably wait 'til next week for that. ;) :rolleyes:  ;D ;D I see a little more rakin & some prep work for the dock install for early today. Another nice day, better roll. Hopin your Monday's a good 1!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. only big project for today is getting the boat home from moms. then unload it. serves as a summer stuff storage faculity during the winter months.

other then that enjoy the day!! :happy1: yeppers sure can use the rain.  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 51 at choretime heading for a high around 80. Beautiful day for a cruise yesterday. These impromptu runs are probably my favorites. We went from Otisco on backroads up to Cleveland and on down to Waterville to the Event Center, had supper at 4:30!  :doah: That's OK, when we got home ~ 6:30 we had chores to do. Had a little surprise when I went to feed the ewes we thought might be open. A tiny little ewe lamb came trotting out of the barn behind her mother when I was about to dump the bucket in the bunk. Thought that ewe might be bred. Got them moved into the main barn along with the two pens from the lambing barn. Pruned trees until dark. Had popcorn to celebrate Ruby's birthday & strawberry pie that Mrs. Cheviot had manufactured earlier. Nummy!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, it's warm out. Had to come in and strip down. :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
What are you in Inger??  :rotflmao:  Afternoon peoples the pick em up said 84 on the way home a little while ago, the pooches are panting pretty good from playing fetch. Also been some fires in the area,  to top it off I seen the worst accident I've ever seen yesterday here in town, I just can't shake it out of my head. 2 young adults  died and 2 survived, I just feel awful for the families. Well anyhow looking like more brats swimming in beer before getting sizzled...See ya!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What are you in Inger??  :rotflmao:  Afternoon peoples the pick em up said 84 on the way home a little while ago, the pooches are panting pretty good from playing fetch. Also been some fires in the area,  to top it off I seen the worst accident I've ever seen yesterday here in town, I just can't shake it out of my head. 2 young adults  died and 2 survived, I just feel awful for the families. Well anyhow looking like more brats swimming in beer before getting sizzled...See ya!!
:tut: :tut: you obviously have me confused with gunner!! :confused: :pouty: :confused:

Yea that accident made the 10 pm news.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here heading for 50 today. Went and got the oil changed in the wifey's buggy last night. Otherwise just another fine day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
spring boomers rolled through last night,makes for a nice fresh smelling morning,don't know about you guyz but tstorms at night puts me asleep,it was lights out after the first crack of thunder around 9pm I think? i remember the gunsmoke theme song as I faded out.with the tube on.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, no storms or rain here, yet..  45 going for 61 maybe..  rain later today...  got a few things to do today and one errand too..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to try to get another tree cut down today. Going to need a strap on this for correct dropage I thinks. Had 49 kids shooting school for high trap last night. Some pretty good scores for the first night too. More coffee, later....  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Took the carb off the WD yesterday and cleaned it out.  Have the battery charging.  Will put new gas in and hopefully she fires right up.  Would like to get the pasture dragged in case we get some rain.  Looks to be a nice day out.  Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 39* to begin & we may hit 60*later. We warmed up pretty good yday as it hit 76* here. Went for a afternoon wheeler ride & actually thought I could get rained on, but no go. Brother said he ran into 3-4 raindrops on his bike over by Marcell though. Some more dock work in store today but I'll have the waders on today. I'd like to at least get the rollout section in the lake. The water level is down quite a bit from last Spring so we may need to put the other 16' section back on that. Hopin we can get by for now without it & wait 'til the water is closer to 50*. All for now, have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornings fellers...... cooled off nice was way to warm yesterday!!!!!!! :shocked: was pretty pooped out to last nite....i need to pace myself!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: guess i dont have that mastered yet!!!!! :scratch:

yea no rain here either last nite, thunder and lightning though, think this is the first time shadow heard that.........based on his reactions!!!!! kinda funny too!!!!!! sounds like rain this afternoon.....if the weather terrorist know what there talking about.

gonna be a putz with the boat day today!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 51 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. A little rain overnight with a lot of wind. Power was out west of town for about 4-5 hours overnite. .04" od rain at the ranch & .05" in Bugtussle. Sounds like more rain on the way. Good deal for those who have small grains & alfalfa seeded. It's plenty early to plant corn yet altho some have. The insurance replant guarantee doesn't kick in until the 11th anyway. No reason to expose yourself to additional risk with no gain other than to be done a day or two earlier. And then the same guys bitch about the crop insurance costs being so high. Go figure... :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like I'm done with outside projects for the day. Been hearing thunder for a while, it's getting pretty dark out and raindrops on the deck

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
rain now.........