Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4875385 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Some light rain~ 4 a.m., .02" at the ranch & .04" in Bugtussle. Speaking of bombs going off, picked up the aftermath from pruning trees Saturday. Then yesterday, I decided to make another mess by pruning the lower limbs off about a dozen nannyberries. They were nasty to mow around & under so I got fed up. As an encore I cut all the ash, mulberry & boxelder saplings out of the flower bed. Plan on moving a bunch of perennials out of that bed so it'd nice if they were accessible. Dumped a heaping Gator load of crap off of it in the brush pile. Still have the nannyberry aftermath to pick up but can make a direct beeline to another major brushpile with that. My favorite part tho is painting the sapling stumps w/generic Garlon. Doesn't take much chemical & they don't come back.  :happy1:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good deal on the wedding JB.  Sure hope for good news.  Dotch can I spray that stuff on dogwood along my fence?  In the last couple of years I got all of the trees and brush cut down so I can pull my mower behind the atv and mow it now.  Looks good.  BUT the dogwood is still in the fence line.  Have cut it many times.  Would be nice to get rid of it.  Well I won the bottle of brandy from my brothers.   :happy1:  Was fun watching.  Good for the winner.   :happy1:  Rain/snow here all morning.  Looks like it may even go through the night.  I have to drive to Greenbush early tomorrow morning to get Coopers noogies taken off and fix his eyelid.  Will be nice to get it done. No breakfast for him in the morning.  That will be a challenge!!!!  He loves his mealtimes.  LOL  Well stay warm and dry today. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
So Garlon is just Tricopyr?   I see that at fleet farm.   
How does it work on creeping charlie?   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Should do a good job of eradicating what's there Barry. Can be sprayed on foliage but coverage is crucial. Fresh cut stumps are my preference. That or turn the sheep out when I start to see new growth.  :happy1:

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld0B0001.pdf

Should be pretty good on creeping charlie too del. Corteva makes a product called Turflon that's made for turf. It's straight triclopyr.

http://www.cdms.net/ldat/ld0BC008.pdf
« Last Edit: April 04/12/21, 11:36:12 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Dotch.  I will be looking for it and getting me a gallon of it.  I see it on Amazon for about $60 a gallon. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Even though it's not listed for control, for laughs last nite I painted some stinging nettles with the stuff just to see what would happen. Looked at them tonite. They did not like that one bit! I have no preconceived notions that it will control them. I just enjoy making things like nettles and thistles miserable.  :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, I'll be picking up some next trip to FF.    Be ready for if it warms up again.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 and snowing again this morning. The roads were sloppy. It was a "slow ride, take it easy" kinda morning. Heading for 37 here today last i seen. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 here and no precip yet...  should get to 32 and some snow they say..  got a few things to do today and that's enough...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning boys been real busy trying to get sping stuf done. trying to relax no, been traveling to. tired of it but now its times to settle in fornthe winter, 3 inches last night
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just started snowing here about 15 minutes ago.. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 29* & snowin, the ground is white. 'Sposed to hit 37* here today too with total snowfall of 1-2".The snow was finished by ~ 10 yday for us. I messed around outside 'til around then before I got a little chilly & said that's enough.  :scratch: Not sure what is on my agenda for today yet, just have to see what jumps in front me. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hey gunner, Probably head over your way later. :sleazy: have them steaks ready. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: We ate the steaks, might  :scratch: be able to find some of LPS's meadow muffins for you though. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
3 1/2” here. Kind of depressing.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
can still some grass here yet..  and it seems to slowed down some...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. .01" of rain at the ranch & .05". Not a lot on tap other than try to figure out their goofy protocol to get a COVID shot tomorrow. If you want something effed up have this state govt. do it.  :rolleyes: Be more fun to look at tractors methinks.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey coopy, how does that snow stay like that?? :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. .01" of rain at the ranch & .05". Not a lot on tap other than try to figure out their goofy protocol to get a COVID shot tomorrow. If you want something effed up have this state govt. do it.  :rolleyes: Be more fun to look at tractors methinks.  :happy1:
  :scratch: Easier here for us as we weren't eligible a month ago down home, getting the 2nd on 4/20.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The grass is green again here but if it keeps this up much longer it might not be in the morning. Glenn & his new buddy showed up ~ 10:30, he let 'em out of the truck so could say high. :happy1: :cool: Let Shadow run around a bit 'til we got chilly & he was better behaved than his Dad is sometimes. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Thanks again for the goodies glenn.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :cheerleader: :banghead:  Yea you seen him for 10 minutes. :rolleyes: :rotflmao: I don't call him a terrorist for a reason. :pouty: :rotflmao:

Let me know what you think of the pickled fish. :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 33 here heading for 37. Well sounds like the treatment for the D-I-L is surgery to remove the lymph nodes that have the cancer in them. Won't need chemo or radiation. She has an MRI today. So that is sounding promising. Since we are on the subject the daughter seems to be doing good to. She is done with most everything now other then she has to take a chemo pill for the next five years every day. She will have her reconstructive surgery this fall sometime. She is starting to work again some. So that is a good thing. Thanks again you guys for all of your support!!!!! Well, just another day in the slat mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got some fresh snow over night and some still coming down..  1/4 or so is all..  so my guess the roads will be a little slick this morning when I go to Alex...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well good news JB to kick start your day,can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you must be on,stay strong.

cold slippery start here on the roads,bridges and ramps in the metro.was surprised to see this cold and snow didn't detour the rioters last night,when is enough enough? good grief,these clowns burn their own town,throw stuff at our police,walz curfew lacks teeth like him.

Well hopefully we'll move on and get past this tragity,our police force have a thankless job these days,godbless them all.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/21, 07:23:22 AM by snow1 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  33 and wet here.  Not really raining but the deck is wet.  Not a lot on the list today.  That is a good thing.  The pup is doing good.  His eye is sore of course.  Some swelling around it.  JB that is good news on both fronts there.  Glad to hear that.  I am not even going to address the looting going on.  I guess I wasn't raised with that low of threshold of right and wrong.  The wife said she saw a magpie sitting on one of our horses back the other day.  That's pretty cool, wish I would have seen it.  You all have a great day! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds very good Jb!!  my best to them!!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, I seen 37* on my early trip to the garage today & we may hit 40* later. Kind of a fog/light mist hangin over the bay now & it's still dripping off the roof. We too are headed for the big city today as we need a few supplies as well.  'Bout it for now, have a good un.
« Last Edit: April 04/14/21, 04:20:46 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, I seen 37* on my early trip to the garage today & we may hit 408 later. Kind of a fog/light mist hangin over the bay now & it's still dripping off the roof. We too are headed for the big city today as we need a few supplies as well.  'Bout it for now, have a good un.

Wow! 408? That'll bake yer taters!  :campfire:

Mornin' gang! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. A light dusting of snow at the ranch & in Bugtussle but nothing measurable from either a liquid equivalent or snow depth standpoint. Still need to get scheduled for the COVID shot. Need clarification since I live in Steele Co. & the clinic is for Waseca Co. residents. The vast majority of my waking hours are spent in Waseca Co. I suspect they'll green flag it but they don't answer the phone until 10 a.m. Talked to a guy about a tractor but due to the distance it'll take some gymnastics to get it here should I buy it. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
was surprised to see this cold and snow didn't detour the rioters last night,when is enough enough? good grief,these clowns burn their own town,throw stuff at our police,walz curfew lacks teeth like him.

The non-curfew curfew sounds more like Mpls. Mayor Frye's doing than Good King Walz, but I don't know all the details. 

A press release Tuesday from the City of Minneapolis said [curfew] exemptions will be granted to specific community patrol organizations, including ...
  • A Mother Love, Center for Multicultural Mediation
  • Native American Community Development Institute (NACDI)
  • Corcoran Neighborhood Organization
  • T.O.U.C.H. Outreach
  • Change Equals Opportunity
  • Restoration Inc.
  • We Push for Peace