Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901068 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't forget your green card Dotch.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Green card? We don't need no stinking green card, Blondie!

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man those were some great movies!!!  Miss those good ol Westerns..

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, its been a long time since there's been an innovative western. 

The 50 Greatest Western Movies Ever Made - A hard look at one of cinema’s oldest genresl

A lot of good ones not on the list and several I've never seen.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Man those were some great movies!!!  Miss those good ol Westerns..

2nd that!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I concur. If I see any of the Spaghetti Westerns or Unforgiven on when I'm flipping thru the channels, odds are I'll watch all or parts of them, again. Beats the hell out of The Hallmark Channel. Provided I have the remote of course... :rolleyes:

Contacted a human being at Waseca Co. Health Dept. who told me the COVID vaccination clinic was full for today but I could get in on the one next week. No problem with me living outside the county. Don't ask, don't tell. Didn't think so but you can't assume anything. When I go to the Waseca Co. License Bureau for tabs, they ask if I live in Steele Co. & I get butt jabbed an additional 10 bucks for wheelage tax. $10 higher there. Gotta love the People's Republic of Steele Co.  :angry:

« Last Edit: April 04/14/21, 02:20:18 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  :doah: Better?   :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 here heading for 44 today. Still icy on the lake yet. A strong south wind would change that in a hurry I think though. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
chilly and a gloomy morning in central minnesotathis morning but better than sub zero and or snow,all this rain has the grass looking good,as the weather gets better I look forward to G.T's fishing reports,then ya know spring has sprung.good day all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yea 32 and gray here too...  even a little mist in the air..  got a few things to do today, one is get my drivers license renewed...  had to make an appointment to do it here..  have a good day all!!!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. 30 and finally not looking like I have to dodge rain sleet and snow  :doah: :rotflmao: did manage to get a bunch of things off the to do list  :happy1: today and tomorrow play with firewood. Head home Saturday morning. My wife misses me. :sleazy: :smoking:

We go to paynesville to do all our license stuff.  No appointments needed
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 32* here & we may hit 50* again today. Got there late yday but with all the rain it didn't feel that nice. We've got a very light white tint to the ground here this mornin. They had the nets set up for taking spawn @ Little Cutfoot yday but nobody there early on. There was a couple trucks there when we came home but no one down by the water so it's probably a little early yet. Still have some decking to go on the dock so that'll be my early focus. Got a few days now the way it looks, so no hurry. Enjoy your Thursday guys.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. 30 and finally not looking like I have to dodge rain sleet and snow  :doah: :rotflmao: did manage to get a bunch of things off the to do list  :happy1: today and tomorrow play with firewood. Head home Saturday morning. My wife misses me. :sleazy: :smoking:

We go to paynesville to do all our license stuff.  No appointments needed

yea Todd county does things their way, other offices are open.. it's just closer there and I still have over 3 weeks to get it done... 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 35 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. A trace of precip at the ranch between snow & rain overnite w/.01" of liquid equivalent precip in Bugtussle. I wound up getting a COVID shot yesterday after all. The Health Dept. called & said they had an extra dose late afternoon so I went to Waseca. Was sunny & 70 degrees there, just like it always is. When I told them I knew roony I got special treatment. Arm feels a little sore from the shot but not as sore as the other one. Some are getting antsy about planting corn. Let's see, morning air temps in the lower 30's, average 2" soil temps in the 40's, ditto at 4", soil marginally fit, tear the layer of dry soil off the top it cools off more, calendar says April 15th, the forecast warms up latter half of next week, no appreciable precip in sight, it takes you 3-5 days to plant your corn. The ability for critical thinking has gone out the window.  :doah: 
« Last Edit: April 04/15/21, 09:25:38 AM by Dotch »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yah, I told them to make sure and save a little from the bottom of every vial so you could get your shot. Glad it worked out.
Us township clerks have a lot of bull, er I mean pull.
« Last Edit: April 04/15/21, 11:08:13 AM by roony »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I asked one of my neighbors, not my renter, about soul temps. He kind of scoffed at me and said anytime after the insurance date if the ground is fit he will plant corn regardless of the soil temperature. I think sweet corn seed is more temperamental though.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Key words being "ground is fit". My experience is that each farmer has their own interpretation of "fit". "Fit" usually applies best to the temper tantrum they have when it doesn't come up perfectly after being planted into less than perfect conditions.  :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I wonder how the corn will do that was acted a couple weeks ago out your way and not too far south of me.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There was a guy in here yesterday who was convinced everyone was a fool for not planting when it was 80 degrees out like they did. They planted about 40% of their corn. Some soybeans too. Had pictures of his corn & beans that had sprouted. Looked fine so far. My fear on the corn tho is that it's far enough along that the growing point may be above ground when an ill-timed May frost clips it. Had enough experience with early planted corn in the peat to know how that ends. Early planted beans as well, hundreds of acres worth, just a few years ago. A high degree of self confidence can be genetic too. This same guy's dad once stood up at a meeting back in the mid-80's & tried to belittle everyone who didn't plant Pioneer 3737 on every last corn acre. A lot of bags of 3737 were planted based on his browbeating. A lot of acres of 3737 were flat or dropped ears after the corn borers and stalk rots ate it for lunch. :doah:   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Not a farmer but planting beans seems frickin crazy to me and corn seems pretty risky when you figure what it costs to put an acre of corn in the ground.
Maybe you ought to talk some sense into those guys. Ha Ha

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  Kinda like planting radishes first part of march, eh!! 🤭 :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Only a lot less $$$$$ involved and its easier to cover a radish patch than an 80 acre field. Other than that exactly the same.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
If I remember most fields got planted late last year. Afternoon peoples,  for some reason I couldn't log in the last couple of days. Momma got tested on Tuesday and sure enough she's positive with some minor symptoms.  I stopped today at a rapid test facility and it turned out negative,  but still the work place doesn't want me around for a week.  Oh well, looks like I'll Glenn it up for a few days .. :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Noticed the plum tree up the hill from me is in full bloom.... I guess we will find out how that works in a few months.   Right along the street, plums and apples.   Great snack while taking a walk in the fall.   Maybe not this fall....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
If I remember most fields got planted late last year. Afternoon peoples,  for some reason I couldn't log in the last couple of days. Momma got tested on Tuesday and sure enough she's positive with some minor symptoms.  I stopped today at a rapid test facility and it turned out negative,  but still the work place doesn't want me around for a week.  Oh well, looks like I'll Glenn it up for a few days .. :happy1:

bet ya can do a Glenn better than him!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :confused: :tut: listen here ya 2. :confused: :tut: I dare he tries. :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :confused: :tut: listen here ya 2. :confused: :tut: I dare he tries. :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

game on Bobber!!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  :coffee:...maybe if I start mailing stuff to boober... :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :coffee:...maybe if I start mailing stuff to boober... :scratch:
:rotflmao: have at it. :rotflmao:

Dis boy it tuckered out. See ya
« Last Edit: April 04/15/21, 09:06:20 PM by glenn57 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy friday,and what a beautiful sunrise,just feels great to see the sun and feel the warmth.

Dotch thought about you  after the report on the news,of someone stealing a baby lamb yesterday from a farm in invergrove hgts,good grief whats up with that? my first thought was "peta".

takecare all,have a great weekend forcast looks like a dandy....
« Last Edit: April 04/16/21, 09:49:43 AM by snow1 »