Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4960700 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, gray misty morning here..  hoping to get into the low 50's today..  got to get the rain gauge out so I can see how much we get..  keep for getting about it...  quiet here so far other wise...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 50* to begin the day & 'sposed to finish up slightly above 70* later. Got close enough that we could smell 80* here yday, local TV said we had 79*.  Managed to find enough stuff to make another 3-4 more trips to the curb for the city to pick up yday morning. Went for a stroll & by the time I returned, ~ 2:30, they'd picked it up already. Headed to Mason City later this mornin & after that we'll see. :scratch: Have a good 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 44 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. .04" of rain at the ranch overnite & .09" in Bugtussle. We've recorded measurable precip on 12 of the 27 days in the month and still don't have an inch total. Temps stayed cooler than forecast yesterday as well. Bizarre. Going to look at a tiller today in Owatonna then grab some feed. If the tiller meets my approval I may hook onto the trailer and go get it.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin peoples 42 going for mid fifties with a chance of rain on and off all day. Brought home our minnow/fish cage from the lake a while back, tore off all tge screen and replaced most of it yesterday.  Changed out line on some the rods with a few more to do today, that's a good rainy day project.  Have a good day gents!!
so is that screen small enough so those little fish dont escape!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yea...it was gunner's fault!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :sleazy: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure about anyone else, but this weather is getting really old!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :censored:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I think it's great!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally getting a few drops of badly needed moisture and the little blue guy is crying about it.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 38 headin for 60 they say, and not a cloud in sight. Probably alot of tge same today do the mess around in tge garage try to finish the fish cage and perhaps get the garden fertilized and fence back up,  shoulda Probably done that yesterday with the rain.  Anywho have a swell day gents!!
« Last Edit: April 04/28/21, 06:55:55 AM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 here this morning heading for 68 the last I looked. It was rather nice last night. The lake was like a mirror. Not to often you see the big pond flat like that. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
crisp and damp is the word this morning,but finally have the sun to dry things up after all the rain lately....good day to all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and fog to start with...  but that has burned off already..  going for the mid 60's here too..  going to Alex this morning and then this afternoon get the bike home...  that will be nice!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We finally got some rain...  Just over .6 by my new high tech rain gauge that I finally got around to installing.    Perfect timing since I had just put some fertilizer on the front yard.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally getting a few drops of badly needed moisture and the little blue guy is crying about it.
  :pouty: :pouty: roony.......roony..............roony.......... :pouty: not tired of the rain, just the gloomy, cool, cloudy and wind.  dats all !!!!!!!! today looks much more gooder!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

boober........dad had one of those fish boxes many moons ago too.............but creatures would get into them on the overnite way up in the wilderness, so now we make it a point to clean fish every night. now they just dig up the remains we bury behind the fish cleaning house.  :confused: :doah: doesnt seem to matter what we do, pee in the hole, dump bleach or ammonia......they still go after it.  :pouty:

morning fellers.........headed north tomorrow....... so i'll be tweeking the packing part today. few other things to.  gotta bring the boat in to Intune Marine in richmond. motor wont start for some reason, changed plugs, no go. think its not getting gas. AND I officially retired from outboard motor mechanic!!! :doah: :confused: though i'd check something out.....lost a little spring thingy.........urinated me off big time, looked for that damn thing for 45 minutes.

oh well, bad time of year to bring in a boat, but not like i dont have access to one or more up north. maybe also work on the snowmobile trailer a bit. as long as the plywood bed is off, gonna gring so rust off the axle and throw some rustolem paint on it. :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 46* here & we may hit 70* later. A bit warmer than expected yday as we made 75. Got gas @ FF over there for $2.62  so filled up, had some lunch & back here before 1. A little runnin to do here today & not much else on the list. Hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was 26 here at 6 am and is up to 39 already.  Going for 64 the last I looked.  Gonna put water in the camper today.  Get things started for the weekend.  Good thing the boat isn't in the water yet or that would be a huge distraction for me.   :sleazy:  Actually I have always had it in earlier but has been cold and windy most of the time.  Next week will be the official boat in week.  Have a good hump day.  It is Wed isn't it.   :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure about anyone else, but this weather is getting really old!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :censored:
:tut:  :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry:  :pouty:     :scratch:  Are you ever happy?  :rolleyes:  :doah:  You remind me of Gilda Radner!!   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/28/21, 08:15:02 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Brush gone from building site yesterday, stumps should be leaving today. Bought two front tires for my Cub lawn mower, the 6" ones. What a pain to put air back in them. So I put them, one at a time, in the kitchen sink filled with hot water and let them set for a few minutes. It seems they get about half full of water and softer, when you hit them with the air hose they will seat right away. No more wrestling around with them trying to put air in them. I left the water in them like we did with the tractors when i was a kid and that thing now turns on a dime. Win, win. Have a great day, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut:  :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry:  :pouty:     :scratch:  Are you ever happy?  :rolleyes:  :doah:  You remind me of Gilda Radner!!   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :taz: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I suppose I could be negative too. This dang rain will make me have to use more of my time and more of that high priced Biden gas mowing and cause me to wear my high priced mower out sooner while at the same time destroying the earth by contributing to global warming.
It don't matter much because I'll be dead before the earth is ruined anyway.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a high around 60. Cloudy & foggy. Fog expected to lift but supposed to remain cloudy the rest of the day. Rainfall yesterday amounted to .37" at the ranch & .32" in Bugtussle. Knocked farmers out of the field ~3:30 when it decided to open up. Got the tiller I purchased yesterday afternoon put away just before it hit. Nice to see it can rain when it really wants to. Should help activate the herbicides and germination on the seeds that were in dry dirt. And ya, ya had to mention lawn mowing didn't ya roony? I still like the idea of stringing 150' of electric wire & fencing in the yard. Might give the place the same ambiance as the outfit with cattle sleeping on their porch north of Waterville!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: April 04/28/21, 10:10:44 AM by Dotch »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That place use to be the showcase of Le Seuer County believe it or not.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I suppose I could be negative too. This dang rain will make me have to use more of my time and more of that high priced Biden gas mowing and cause me to wear my high priced mower out sooner while at the same time destroying the earth by contributing to global warming.
or you could shovel snow!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
or you could shovel snow!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Maybe week after next

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That place use to be the showcase of Le Seuer County believe it or not.

I heard that. I've sent people up 13 a few times and told them to look for the place with the cows on the porch. They've come back and said they thought I was just kidding. I never kid. OK maybe sometimes... ;)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
They took the county's name literally...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Brush gone from building site yesterday, stumps should be leaving today. Bought two front tires for my Cub lawn mower, the 6" ones. What a pain to put air back in them. So I put them, one at a time, in the kitchen sink filled with hot water and let them set for a few minutes. It seems they get about half full of water and softer, when you hit them with the air hose they will seat right away. No more wrestling around with them trying to put air in them. I left the water in them like we did with the tractors when i was a kid and that thing now turns on a dime. Win, win. Have a great day, later.... :happy1: :happy1:

went by your place about an hour ago and you do have it cleaned up!!  I see the stumps were still there, hope ya get them out ok...  looking good Markn!!! 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well just got the bike back home!!!  felt good to be on it!!!   :happy1: