Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901063 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here this AM heading for 51 today. Breeze is kinda brisk this AM. Not much else today other then get thru a day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Great morning,chilly but we have sun @ 5:58am,love it,pup does too,as he is ready to go for our morning walk at 0600.

little shete head at 8 years old I need child gates up as he cleans the supper dishes and the counter then recently he has a thing about tp paper,yesterday afternoon unrolled a brand new roll when I was out,trail from the bathroom to the dinning room.golden's gotta love em.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 36 here with some wind and going for 55..  hope the wind isn't as strong as yesterday, it made for a chilly day..  got a few things to do today, nothing big..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

and yes ya have to love the pooches!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......... back at the ole laptop again.  appears while i was gone those pretty yellow flowers appeared in the lawn  :confused: so once it warms up a tad i'll be out spraying lawn weeds. uddder den dat.....just a Mikey, Gunner and LPS kinda day!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice looking day out there.  I will have to go out and enjoy it.  I'm going to weld a spatula and tongs holder on my campfire grill set up.  Man it works great. Fun to cook on.  We are already planning what to cook this weekend.  Thinking fresh brats in beer and onions.  The 94 Ford was getting hard to start so have it at the mechanics so waiting for a call from them too.  It only has 84,000 miles on it so still a baby yet.  Looking like Cinnamon Life for breakfast today.  Good stuff. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 39* early & are aimin for 55*, I hear. :scratch: A little blue sky here early & it looks like the wind has went down a bit from earlier. See what it does by ~ 10, it wasn't too bad here yday until mid-afternoon. Pretty sure I can find a few things to keep me busy this morning real easy. Have a good un.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Three documents everyone should have.
1. Last Will & Testament or Trust,
2. Health Care Directive or Healthcare Power of Attorney.
3. A Durable Power of Attorney.

Your kids or heirs with thank you everyday if you have these valid documents.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Deadeye, what's this durable power of attorney you speak of??? :scratch: I have the first 2.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We keep talking about it but don't get it done.  Is a generic at home thing to fill out good enough DE?  Then get it Notarized I suppose? 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Deadeye, who can set up these directives? The will I’m sure is a lawyer but the other two I don’t know. Thanks
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the first two.  like Glenn not sure on the last one...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
What's the difference between durable and general power of attorney? A general power of attorney ends the moment you become incapacitated. ... A durable power of attorney stays effective until the principle dies or until they act to revoke the power they've granted to their agent.Sep 11, 2018

found this, darn big difference!!!  now I have to look into that... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What's the difference between durable and general power of attorney? A general power of attorney ends the moment you become incapacitated. ... A durable power of attorney stays effective until the principle dies or until they act to revoke the power they've granted to their agent.Sep 11, 2018

Yea I googled it to. But doesn't your will AND  health care directive cover that??? I have a wife that's listed as making them decisions. :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Column edited, proofed, & sent so on with my day. Got a relatively casual day expected but that can change. At least it's not Monday anymore. It cooled down and a coolish forecast means crop development will slow to a crawl, again. That's OK. It's early yet and some need a reminder we still live in southern MN not southern IL. Dealer came & got the new to me zero turn mower to do some agreed upon service work. Was impressed with our lamb crop. Little does he know he'll be taking some of them in on trade!  :whistling:     
« Last Edit: May 05/04/21, 11:22:46 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Yea I googled it to. But doesn't your will AND  health care directive cover that??? I have a wife that's listed as making them decisions. :scratch: :scratch:
I suppose it depends on they are worded Glenn... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well after having the living will paperwork for about 6 years, I finally finished it and had it notorized by the nurse that helped me fill it out when I had my 2nd rona shot, so it is fresh in my mind. Pretty sure it's covered??? :scratch: now iffin my wife passes first......

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Well after having the living will paperwork for about 6 years, I finally finished it and had it notorized by the nurse that helped me fill it out when I had my 2nd rona shot, so it is fresh in my mind. Pretty sure it's covered??? :scratch: now iffin my wife passes first......

Hope you didn't put Boar in charge of pulling your plug.   :bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Hope you didn't put Boar in charge of pulling your plug.   :bonk:
:shocked: :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea that ain't happening. :rotflmao: but then how would he learn to hunt and fish. :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here this morning heading for 50 something today. Only made it to 49 yesterday. We looked into doing a trust back in the early 2000s since our financial planner told us that was the strongest. IT was around$1200 back then and the price scared us away from doing it. I am guessing we should do something here in the near future though. Been skating by for along time. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  38 here and hope to see 50..  did get to 53 yesterday...  saying maybe rain today but it doesn't look like much..  going to Alex this morning and get a few things..  have a good day all..   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 32* here & shootin for 53*. We too are headed to town today. Not much else now, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here this morning heading for 50 something today. Only made it to 49 yesterday. We looked into doing a trust back in the early 2000s since our financial planner told us that was the strongest. IT was around$1200 back then and the price scared us away from doing it. I am guessing we should do something here in the near future though. Been skating by for along time. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
:scratch: :scratch: wowzer thats alot of cash to set up a trust!!!!!!!! :confused: mom put the cabin in a trust after a while after my dad died. she never said how the price tag was to do that thought.

morning fellers.....was a little chilly this morning. during the nite i got up and looked it was 30, when i got up for the day it was 35. good thing i didnt forget to put my garden plants inside last nite.  :rolleyes: big project for today is to spray paint the mild steel on my snowmobile trailer as long as the plywood bed is off. man what a pain that was to clean up the rust on that. kinda cool today so i'm gonna fire up the nipco in the garage. decided to clean up and do the wheelbarrel too. the more darn toys ya got, the more things ya gotta take care of  :pouty: :pouty: :doah: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like a nice day but would like to see some 60's instead of barely hitting 50 for a change.  I did get my tongs/spatula holder welded on my campfire grate system yesterday.  I tried to fix our blown outside speaker yesterday but had to order the right size so have to wait for that.  Glenn Cooper is shedding like crazy now.  Bad day to wear a black shirt.  LOL  I may cut down some dead elm today.  Have a good one boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like a nice day but would like to see some 60's instead of barely hitting 50 for a change.  I did get my tongs/spatula holder welded on my campfire grate system yesterday.  I tried to fix our blown outside speaker yesterday but had to order the right size so have to wait for that.  Glenn Cooper is shedding like crazy now.  Bad day to wear a black shirt.  LOL  I may cut down some dead elm today.  Have a good one boys.
have fun with that....holy man it was crazy when shadow was in full shed mode. i brushed him yesterday, he is still shedding but not near as bad anymore.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning guyz,looks cold up north this morning with rain moving in,maybe here in the metro as we'll get some as well,got my vortec scope came back from the wisc vortec location,paper work said they replaced the scope (no charge,warrenty) was happy with that until I  mounted it,either they boxed up my old scope or just another bad one? pee'd me off,dang cross hairs are all bent,she is a tack driver tho but annoying so back she goes.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope they get it right this time.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool and sunny, it sounds like it will rain tonight. Bought myself a new Stihl wacker with a blade yesterday. Paid about $450 for the dern thing. Seems like a great morning to spend in the woods. Tried it a little yesterday, seems like a beast but not too hard to handle. Then it's off to the dentist for some work this afternoon. Maybe a little rye after that....

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Supposed to be some showers tonite, predicting .1" - .25". Anything will be welcome but I'm sure Waseca will get more. They always do!  :bonk: What kind of Stihl whacker unit did you get roony? A gas model or one of them new fangled electrics? Talked to my neighbor who said he'd fix my weedeater & 18" chainsaw after he's done planting. Still looking at getting a smaller saw for lighter work. A couple places sell & service Stihl around here so they'll be the first places I look.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It is a gas stihl FS111R. 4 stroke but you mix the gas. Same mix as the chainsaw. With the sawblade she's a wicked looking thing.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It is a gas stihl FS111R. 4 stroke but you mix the gas. Same mix as the chainsaw. With the sawblade she's a wicked looking thing.
pictures or I don't believe it.  :tut: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: