Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902418 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I took one of the blown speakers out of the camper last week and set it on the step as I was cleaning up old caulk.  I went to look at the speaker and it wasn't there. I look for Cooper and sure as heck there he was sneaking around the wood pile with it in his mouth.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  He is getting much better at bringing things back to me when I call him now.  It is funny as heck though. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 38 here this morning heading for 51 today. Dogs are funny what they will grab and go with. We finished cleaning up the woods along the road yesterday afternoon. Now we are going to clean up all the stuff laying down. If we get to it. Lots of brush to burn now. Just need the wind to calm down or blow off shore. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a good day yesterday!!!  hope everyone else had a good day too!!  couldn't even buy a beer at HH yesterday!! got a few things to do today and I have to remember to pay my property taxes this week too..  have a good day all!!     :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning folks,chilly start,spittin rain,42 degree's,agreed yesterday was a dandy weather wise smoked a porketta shoulder roast,side of smoked 5 bean baked beans,dang pup got in to the fire pit ate a bunch of burnt crap before I caught him,not sure who was worse in the house last night,the smell was un godly between the two of us,had to turn the ceiling fan on to clear the air,thinking of investing in a fart snffer deal you plug in the wall....good grief.

good call Mike,forgot about our property tax due on the 15th,thanx for the headsup! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........yep was a good day yesterday!!!!!!! :happy1: got my snowmobile trailer bed back on, just got get to fastenal to pick up more screws.

i see where it could get down to 30 again tonight!  :pouty: sure wish that would quit. i'd like to get the rest of my garden in before the rain forecasted later on in the week.  oh well.....it'll get there. looks like wed will be the garden planting day!!!!!!!1 :happy1:

left for a while yesterday to help the kid, left shadow with the wife, i get home and he's limping. :confused: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I just looked and tonight is our last night below freezing too.  Then 60's for highs and 40's for lows.  Will feel like summer.  Hope that lasts a long time before the hot days show up.  Knocked down a huge dead elm this weekend so will work on cutting it up for firewood.  Good stuff and nice and hard yet too.  I have to boat almost ready to go too.  My kicker is a ratchet type system as you raise it up so it is recommended to strap them in their raised position so they don't bounce down and break the motor mounts.  SO will install a nice eye ring to hook that too.  Curious to see how Cooper handles being in a boat.   :rotflmao:  I am sure it will be a blast.  Glad I have vinyl floors cuz he will jump in the river and get muddy before he gets in.  I can guarantee it.  LOL  Well have a great day all of you.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 34* at 1st glance & 51* is 'sposed to be the high. :scratch: They missed it a bit yday as I seen 55* here so....................we'll see about today. Will put the finishing touches on yday's putzin & go from there. Have a good day! Oh wait!! Glenn................. :tut: :pouty:................. :whistling:..................... ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: May 05/10/21, 08:24:35 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I just looked and tonight is our last night below freezing too.  Then 60's for highs and 40's for lows.  Will feel like summer.  Hope that lasts a long time before the hot days show up.  Knocked down a huge dead elm this weekend so will work on cutting it up for firewood.  Good stuff and nice and hard yet too.  I have to boat almost ready to go too.  My kicker is a ratchet type system as you raise it up so it is recommended to strap them in their raised position so they don't bounce down and break the motor mounts.  SO will install a nice eye ring to hook that too.  Curious to see how Cooper handles being in a boat.   :rotflmao:  I am sure it will be a blast.  Glad I have vinyl floors cuz he will jump in the river and get muddy before he gets in.  I can guarantee it.  LOL  Well have a great day all of you.

LPS, regarding your boat,have you thought about a transom savor? dandy device iffin you trailer alot,in your case maybe over kill?

buddy has a young 6 month old yellow lab,saturday after we hooked the boat up we put the little sheethead in the boat to get her aquainted somewhat,apparently she didn't like it and jumped over board,full face plant on the driveway,labs,= boneheads boy the crying,she put on a show,glad she didn't hurt herself just scared her more than anything,then we put her back in the boat again,knot head leaped again this time we caught her.pretty sure its gonna be a long summer for training this pupper,stubborn lab's ugh.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow I have a 115 4 stroke.  I don't have a transom saver yet but have been thinking of getting one.  I don't trailer a lot but have a trip planned later this summer so would be nice to have one for that.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed,money well spent,115 puts alot of strain on the transom bouncing on the road,might as well let the trailer axel ease the abuse.Where ya heading on your trip?out state?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No real big trip but will be a rendezvous with 2 old friends.  We are renting a house on Ottertail Lake.  Will be a great time.  One of them loves to cook too so that is a big plus.  I am hoping there is a dishwasher so I am not it.  Only a 200 mile drive but still been thinking of getting one. Only have to buy it once so may as well get it for that event. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
never fished ottertail but over the years herd good reports from friends that fish it,goodluck.

few years back old fishing buddy decided to fish the midwest walleye tour,was involved with some walleye league bought a 619 ranger  slightly used with 250 hanging on the transom,no transom savor just a motor lock he figured was good enough traveling all over for this league.,by july his boat was shipped to ranger to replace the transom his walleye fishing was over for the summer.Hard lesson.
« Last Edit: May 05/10/21, 09:56:08 AM by snow1 »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Guys, I've been out at the land since Friday and see a few had questions regarding the three document everyone should have.  I think the durable POA was answered but I can add a little regarding POA's.  A POA can be for one financial thing (closing maybe) all financial dealings or something like your health care.  If you do one make sure it covers all that you want.  A POA without a "durable" clause automatically is no longer in effect if the person who granted it becomes incapacitated through illness, dementia, accident etc.  The "durable" POA remains in effect after the granter becomes incapacitated.  Big difference.

POA's, Healthcare Directives and to an extent Wills are simple and you can usually follow the requirements (notary and two witness's). Trusts are in a completely different category and level of complexity.  The $1,200 seems inexpensive and would require some research to make sure it includes all that it's intended to do.  In simplest terms, the "trust" owns everything and the "Trustees" have full power to manage the trust.  A designated "successor trustee" has the same power when the original trustee dies.  Nothing changes, no probate, no attorneys, no public notices.  Note: a normal trust will contain a will and a pour over will which moves everything that's not specifically titled to the trust into the trust.  Such as cars, guns, etc.  A good trust will also have set up successor trusts for all who stand to receive money or property.  This protects this inherited property form ex-spouses and creditors.  The biggest benefit of a trust is with real estate
and avoiding probate.  No problem with financial accounts such as checking, savings, IRA's etc as the pass to the designated beneficiary upon death of the account holder.

One thing that deserves mentioning because it also avoids the dreaded "Probate" is a simple "Transfer on Death Deed" or "Beneficiary Deed".  This is a simple two page document available on line which you simple list the property (your house) and all those who should own it when you or the last of you if married dies. You just need to have it notarized and then filed at the County Recorder office. Cost to record is less than $50 so it your heirs will thank you every day for doing this.  This avoids probate and the person or persons listed on this recorded document simple own it the day the last owner dies. 

Again, I am NOT an attorney or financial planner.  This is just stuff we talk about during the course of the day.  I do have a "Trust" which includes a will and durable POA and successor trusts mostly due to the land I own.  From time to time I can simply add or change parts of the will as to how things get divided etc.  No need for a "Transfer on Death Deed" for my house as it's owned by the trust.  Anyone who owns a house should make that a very STRONG recommendation to look into, prepare and record a "BENEFICARY OR TOD DEED" as soon as possible.  This can be revoked or changed at anytime and will save your heirs untold time, effort and money when the time comes.
Let me know if anyone here has recorded a TOD or Beneficiary Deed or even heard or read about it. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
D.E message sent

FYI,

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Cold Saturday & missed the showers but yesterday was nice, topping out at 64. Corn emergence has been spotty & come to find out there's a new fungicide some have been promoting that's potentially slowing it down. Hmmmm...otherwise has been an interesting morning. A retired pastor who reads my column religiously (pun intended) came in with a dead bird to ID (wood thrush) & a farmer who's also a column reader stopped to visit about pheasants & numerous other things. A kinder, gentler Monday morning than I am perhaps used to... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A little more screwing and my trailer is done. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh you and your screwing!!!  looks good!!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Is momma helpin? :sleazy:                     ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Is momma helpin? :sleazy:                     ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
not telling.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Needs to warm up a bit, gots dandylions to spray......... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here this morning heading for 62 they are saying. Trailer looks good Glenn!  :happy1: Wifey and I went over to Clementson after work yesterday to check out the sturgeon trying to make their way up the rapids to spawn. Seen a few. Pretty cool to see. Some biggins in there. Barry, you going to check it out today? Sounds like there were more there over the weekend. Might be tailing off some. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, that would be cool Jb!!!  33 here and hope to see 60!!  got a few things to do today and could be get the lawn mower out again.. sure is a nice looking morning with all the blue skies!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........thanks for the kudo's on the trailer guys!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: by the time that needst o be replaced again, i shouldnt care!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sure was frosty this morning.   i had 27 when i looked at 6 am. this frosty morning stuff is getting old, especially when ya get antzy to get the garden planted!!!!!! :pouty:  :rotflmao: my mom is coming home today so i'll go see her as well as a few other things in richmond to do!!!!!!!
might even take a road trip to st cloud.....a few things there i need to do......mainly bring my gun in.  :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
She's a dandy morning,hope all you folk's had a great "birthing person" sunday,good grief... where do these clowns come from? growin "crack" baby or what?My mom was resting peacefully at fort snelling,hope she liked the flowers.

haven't herd how the natives did on mille lacs this spring,pretty sure the dnr wants to keep the results low key to keep things civil around the state,even the locals whar few are left around the lake are quiet this year.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning fellow guys.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellow guys.
morning sunshine!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Thanks for the heads up on the Sturgeon JB.  I will go check them out.  So cool that we can get right up next to them.  Some biggies too.  Finally going to be a warm day today.  Got lots of things I want to do too.  Gonna be a great day.  The trailer looks great Glenn. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 31* here & shootin for ~ 60*. It appears we have finally lost that NW breeze, at least temporarily. I pulled our walker out of the shed & got it fired up so I did a quick lap around the cabin. Been waterin the flowers around some of it & the rest stays shaded, that's the only grass growing here. The neighbor came up yday & he'd like a hand with getting the canopy on his lift sometime today. Still got a few little projects to mess with too. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1. Glenn..........glenn............. :scratch: :doah: aw hell, never mind! :banghead:  :surrender:           
« Last Edit: May 05/11/21, 08:17:47 AM by Gunner55 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
28 this morning but it's suppose to warm up to 60 or so. Very little dew. Waiting for the dandies to pop their heads up before I start mowing.
Got a coon raiding our feeders. It is avoiding getting trapped so far. I may have to pop him tonight if I get a chance.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
go gett'em roony!!!!!!!!!1 :fudd: :fudd: :rotflmao: