Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901659 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 35 at choretime heading for a high around 60. Was prolly colder but forgot to reset the hi/lo thermometer. Frosty but it's warming up quickly. Set the salvia back out on the landing before I left the ranch. Mrs. Cheviot was off with her gal pals today so will have to be on my guard tonite. Looking at corn yesterday. Looks good from the road but when you get out in it, it's like those parts missing chickens we used to see in the grocery store. A little early just yet to be taking stand counts or making any rash decisions. And mark n, the weeds ain't doin' much either. Needs to warm up for spraying just as you said.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 37 when I got up and hoping to get to 65!!  that will be nice for a change..  going to Alex this morning..  don't need much just a few things..  might be a good day to get the mower moving too before the grass gets to long!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Beauty morning,already strong sunshine at this hour,ticks are out in full force in my area,thinking about putting a dab of frontline on the back of my neck I had so many crawling on me last night,worthless little some beeches had me up all night,we swedes have very little body hair so we feel every little critter crawling on us.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful morning. Might go fishing later.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 39 here going for upper 60s today. Beautiful morning for sure. Just another day in the salt mines here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I did get the boat in the water yesterday.  Felt good.  Will go for a ride in it today and check things out.  Cooper will get his first boat ride.  Man was he a handful last night.  I think the loaf of bread he and Buddy ate was hyping him up.  Glad he is nutless so at least I don't have to worry about him breeding everything in site.  LOL  Beautiful morning here.  I have some putzing to do outside too. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 38* early & 'sposed to see 64* later.  :scratch: Pretty sure they missed the high yday so won't be surprised if we get near 70* today. The Barge Guy showed up at lunch time yday :happy1: :cool: so we will put the canopy on that later this afternoon after we get back from GR. 'Bout it for now, have a great day!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Might have to try to find some matting material to use where the water will run out to the yard from my building site. Don't want it washing out if we get a good rain and there's no grass yet. Got to read the directions on the 2 4 D bottle again to see how cold we can go and the spray to still work. I finally have the time to get rid of these "Norwegian Daisies". Have a great day all..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Beauty morning,already strong sunshine at this hour,ticks are out in full force in my area,thinking about putting a dab of frontline on the back of my neck I had so many crawling on me last night,worthless little some beeches had me up all night,we swedes have very little body hair so we feel every little critter crawling on us.

Permethrin on clothes works great for ticks.    They sell spray cans, or get concentrate in farm dept.  Cheap, stays in clothes when washed for several washes.     

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Might have to try to find some matting material to use where the water will run out to the yard from my building site. Don't want it washing out if we get a good rain and there's no grass yet. Got to read the directions on the 2 4 D bottle again to see how cold we can go and the spray to still work. I finally have the time to get rid of these "Norwegian Daisies". Have a great day all..... :happy1: :happy1:
:scratch: :scratch: i thought they were iowegians tulips!!! :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers......busy day today. trip to st cloud then full bore on garden planting.  :happy1: :happy1: with  :toast: and a  :campfire: :happy1: gotta make sure the rows are straight ya know!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
delcecchi is right about Permethrin. I ware Permethrin impregnated light colored pants tucked into my socks. Ticks rarely make it above my knee before the fall off.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed permethrin is the only thing that deter's ticks article I read said ticks eat deet...lol about 3 years ago the FDA had permethrin pulled from store shelves as they claimed it was to harmful to humans,then revised said it was okay on clothing only.had carpenter ant's one summer,works on them too,just dusting the dead tree area they were feeding on.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We used to used to apply flea and tick "medicine" to the dogs.  I think the primary ingredient was permethrin.  Had two dogs get cancer.  We don't do that anymore.

So as for my clothes...  Yes, I'll spray my outer layer hunting clothes, but I will be sure to keep another layer of clothes between me an the permethrin saturated cloth.

Nasty stuff.  Just ask the ticks.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 39 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. More looking at corn & soybeans today. Frost did ding some of it altho the corn should be fine as the growing point will be below the soil surface for quite some time yet. I saw a few emerged soybeans along the field margins yesterday that got toasted altho again, not that many emerged & not that many that were emerged being affected. We first started using permethrin in field crops about 35 years ago under the trade names of Pounce (FMC) & Ambush (ICI). Used properly, great for controlling a broad spectrum of insects. Cheap too since the patent came off. Have also used it as a pour on insecticide in the sheep in conjunction with injectable ivermectin for lice control. Cleans the problem up well. Kills crabs & head lice too. This afternoon I get my 2nd COVID shot. Be interesting to see if I react to this one... :scratch: Did some preventative therapy for COVID last nite. One can never be too careful... :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/12/21, 10:01:06 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 39 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. More looking at corn & soybeans today. Frost did ding some of it altho the corn should be fine as the growing point will be below the soil surface for quite some time yet. I saw a few emerged soybeans along the field margins yesterday that got toasted altho again, not that many emerged & not that many that were emerged being affected. We first started using permethrin in field crops about 35 years ago under the trade names of Pounce (FMC) & Ambush (ICI). Used properly, great for controlling a broad spectrum of insects. Cheap too since the patent came off. Have also used it as a pour on insecticide in the sheep in conjunction with injectable ivermectin for lice control. Cleans the problem up well. Kills crabs & head lice too. This afternoon I get my 2nd COVID shot. Be interesting to see if I react to this one... :scratch: Did some preventative therapy for COVID last nite. One can never be too careful... :happy1:
Where'd ya get the crabs?

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

You have to ask  :confused:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

glenn told me about it... :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So dotch, little G & T  last night do the trick? curious minds need to know.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes you can purchase husband and wife licenses online as long as you have her DL#, birthdate, and last 4 digits of SS#.
Gonna try for some panties this afternoon!
Pannies  :tut: :tut:
« Last Edit: May 05/12/21, 12:59:14 PM by roony »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :confused: so dont you clowns got something to do!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sheez........dont noone work anymore. :confused: went into st cloud and that town was crazy!!!!!

my wife also went into st cloud to get here 2nd Moderna shot and some grub, she said the same thing.  :doofus: :doofus:

time to plant garden, drink beer and start a fire!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Truck is packed, see ya on the flip side fellas!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

have a great weekend Bobber!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Have fun boober!  :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes you have fun!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
WTF.. don't you gotta work! It's only wed. :confused: :doah: :scratch: ..

Good luck fishing!! Have a good time and drink one fer us!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 46 here going for 69...   saying a chance of rain tomorrow morning, not a big one but some...  we need it!!  other than that not much going on, still haven't mowed..   the grass just isn't growing like it should be...  seeing lots of folks watering their yards already..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 49 here heading for 71 it says. Made 73 yesterday, sure felt good. Got our pine trees sprayed last night. Felt good to get that done. We have had the new growth curling in and dyeing on some of them and found out a couple years ago that it is mites. Need to have them sprayed before the new growth starts. So we are good there. Yes, we could you some rain for sure. Everything is raelly slow to green up. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Another week or two and I will be spraying my spruces, especially the black hills that look terrible.   Did it last year, hope it helps.     Maybe I should give them a shot of insecticide too along with the fungicide.     What did you use?

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We used Neem oil which is a fungicide I believe. It is what we were told to use by a lady from the state that comes in to the local green house. It seemed to help last year. It is organic. If we get anymore curl this year I am going to go with the hard core insectisides next spring.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........yesterday was a good day for getting things done. should finish planting the garden today!!!!!!!!!! then the fence needs to go up!!!!!! :doah: kinda sucks having it but its prevents bunnies.........and this year a dog from entering!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

and that dog is already in a time out!!!!!!!! :confused: :banghead: just wouldnt leave the sheltie alone!!!!!! :angry2: :doah: go word da brudder is at the cabin........i'm sure he'll want fishing advice soon!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

we shall see what i can accomplish today!!!!!!!!!! sure hope boober dont run out of beer!!!!!!!!  :confused: