Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901642 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin feller's,you gutz gettin an early start this morning,dang if I don't have a bumper crop of yellow flower's popping up in my yard already,after they seed one can almost watch'em grow, seem's they sprout a inch or two over night,sprayed the heck outof em last night....lot's of folks/boats heading north already,gas pump prices jumped from yesterday to this morning .20 in my area($2.89/gal),one would think the east coast pipeline issue happened here in the midwest but it's coming,I see michigan gov whitmer shut down the canadian pipeline yesterday,so now that makes three with biden /keystone pipeline oil exploration,so did the east coast colonial company really get hacked by the russian cyber gang?....hmmm

enjoy the day folks she's a dandy!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
dont kid your self snow........that gas price jump has alot to do with the weekend upcoming too. i refer it to gouging!!!!!! they always do that on big travel weekends........jerks!!!!!!! :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ya got that right Glenn!!  starting to go up here too....    :tut:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It has been $2.89 here in Warroad for over a week now and Cenex went up to $2.99 on Tuesday, Holiday has not yet. Diesel is $3.24.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 49* to start & 67* is the predicted high. :scratch: Got gas in GR yday leavin town & no change there since we came up on 4/30, still $2.79. GR was a hoppin town yday :crazy:, looked to be almost all locals to me. A few boats headin north early but 2-3 times as many on our way home, so bobber ain't the only 1 with the weekend off. Not much extra activity around the bay yet but expecting that'll change, starting today maybe. Too windy by the time we got back here so the canopy still needs to go on the lift. Not much else now, better roll. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice looking day out there.  I am going to plant some grass seed in a few spots today.  May go for another boat ride down to the bridge.  They are taking the old bridge down and it is fun to watch them torching big pieces off.  Then a crane puts the pieces on a barge. It is then taken to shore when it is full and an excavator takes the pieces off and snips them into smaller pieces.  Then a truck hauls them away.  Quite an operation.  Huge torches.  Must be 10' long.  They use liquid oxygen too.  Gonna be a good day.  You have one too.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 48 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Survived the overnite with the COVID shot altho since I hydrated in anticipation, I got up to pee about every 2 hrs. all nite long. :doah: Shoulder is actually less sore this a.m. than it was last nite so at least there is that. Car club meeting tonite at Barney's drive in in Waseca. Hafta wash the bugs off the Stude so I can put more back on it.  :scratch: We're giving out 2 scholarships for graduating seniors going into to auto mechanics. There were no candidates last year. This year there are two candidates. Someone has to fix our old clunkers!  :confused: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Pump was shot on the sprayer. two trips to FF and 100 bucks later. I mixed it 16oz of 2-4-D to 12 gallons of water. Sound right? Not sure, still some yellow out there. How long does it take for them buggers to curl up and die? As you can tell it's my first attempt at spraying. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, nice day for a boat ride,I'm jealous,stuck in town this weekend doing chores I've been putting off,figured I would get around to it "someday" as Pa kettle would say. ;)

Sadly glenn you are right fishing opener,memorial weekend  coming up,I know for a fact my small town gas station didn't get a fresh fuel dump since yesterday.

Just like 10 years ago,a hiccup of oil shortage  and holy hanna,gotta jack pump prices up now...it could be worse,news last night said one town out east that had some fuel,were charging $7/gal.As folks get desperate for fuel rage will set in,fights at the pump etc...not good.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL ,yellow flowers eh? I just eyeball the mixture myself and it works out,one year I was to lazy to replace my weed killer as I was out didn
't want to drive to the feedmill but had a jug of "killz all" figured no big deal turn the sprayer nozzel to stream rode around on the tractor spray the hearts of the yellow flower cluster's,took all summer to bring back the grass,hand dead spots all over ,worse than dog pee spots.Live and learn.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Pump was shot on the sprayer. two trips to FF and 100 bucks later. I mixed it 16oz of 2-4-D to 12 gallons of water. Sound right? Not sure, still some yellow out there. How long does it take for them buggers to curl up and die? As you can tell it's my first attempt at spraying. Later... :happy1: :happy1:

I dunno what the output is in gallons per acre on your sprayer markn but that amount should suffice thru most models. If you know rough square footage treated you can kinda figure backwards and come up with a ballpark idea idea of gpa and rate of product. An acre is 43,560 sq ft. I have to calibrate my 4 wheeler sprayer as I only use it every 3 or 4 years to spray Canada thistle patches. Can never remember what the output is at a given speed and pressure. Milestone isn't cheap so it's good to know that. As cool as it's been tho it'll take a while regardless of rate & product. I sprayed a fairly high rate of glyphosate with the hand sprayer and it took the better part of a week before I was confident it'd done the job.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn,
Another factor is the % of 2-4-D in your concentrate.  You need twice as much at 20% as you do at 40%. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, most 2,4-D comes as a 4 lb/gallon material. That info is on the label. There is some 6 lb./gallon out here too but most of what I've seen at FF & other places is the 4 lb. Typically we recommend about a qt./acre of that. Roughly 22 oz./acre of the 6 lb. material. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 48 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Survived the overnite with the COVID shot altho since I hydrated in anticipation, I got up to pee about every 2 hrs. all nite long. :doah: Shoulder is actually less sore this a.m. than it was last nite so at least there is that. Car club meeting tonite at Barney's drive in in Waseca. Hafta wash the bugs off the Stude so I can put more back on it.  :scratch: We're giving out 2 scholarships for graduating seniors going into to auto mechanics. There were no candidates last year. This year there are two candidates. Someone has to fix our old clunkers!  :confused:
Dotch, what vaccine did you get?? My wife got her 2nd shot yesterday also. Hers was the modera vacines and her arm is really sore today  no other side affects yet. Wish it would of made her more..... Awe never mind. :rotflmao: :sleazy: :smoking:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mine was the Moderna also. Nothing real noticeable except I'm tired. Not surprised after getting up to pee as many times as I did. I'll probably sleep like a log tonite. They did have the J&J shot available yesterday too but too late for this hombre.  :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, think we had 70* before I came in for a little lunch. Got our lift where I want it & the canopy on it by ~ 11. :happy1: Brother said that since all the vaccines are intramuscular the soreness at the injection site is mostly due to not having your arm relaxed enough.  :scratch: Makes sense to me.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Its all from the chip they put in ya. If the CONTROLLERS want you to have a sore arm you shall have a sore arm, if the CONTROLLERS want you to be tired you shall be tired. If they want you to be sick you shall be sick and so on for life eternal.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Its all from the chip they put in ya. If the CONTROLLERS want you to have a sore arm you shall have a sore arm, if the CONTROLLERS want you to be tired you shall be tired. If they want you to be sick you shall be sick and so on for life eternal.

Ya I know right???

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 50 here and gray looks rain to the south and east of us..  so if we get some it looks to be very little..  I finally mowed yesterday and it looks August!!  so dry and burnt already...  dust was flying all over...  I have a few things to do today but nothing special..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 here this morning heading for 70 today. So far a beautiful day with maybe a chance of rain throughout the day they are saying. We are going to look at a new boat tomorrow. I blame Barry for this, LOL.  :nerd: He said to Glenn to get gat a retirement boat. So We are starting early so it can be paid for by the time we retire.  ;) So tomorrow is basically to actually look at it and give the final yeah we want it. Then they will finishing rigging it up next week. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines here. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the spraying advice gents. I was told once to mix 1 1/2 oz to a gallon. I just have a Fimon sprayer you can get at FF and I'm using Amine 400 (2,4-D) for concentrate. I used their directions for backpack sprayers which is 4 oz to 3 gallons of water, or 1% concentration. I did about 1.75 acres at 4 to 5mph on the wheeler with 12 gallons of mix. The yard is still green as of this morning. Hopefully them little yellow flowers start to curl up today.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guyz,warm n gray here  as welll,smells like rain,we coulld use the precip.

JB easy....leave you're check book in the truck,less expensive to just look....besides best bang for you're buck is purchasing late summer/fall when dealer's need to liquidate inventory to minimize floor plan cost going in to winter,just a thought.What ya zero'd in on? alum or glass rig? curious as you live on or near the big water.Had  a chance to jump in a friends warrior this week on the mighty mo,strong south wind put 5'ers peaking heading south,darn nice rig cuttin thru the waves like a hot knife thru butter,almost as good as a ranger,very impressive and expensive,my tin can lund would've beat the shete out of me,then again in those waves I wouldn't head out,a cigar sittin on shore watching the show would be entertainment enough.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sure hoping we will get some rain today.  I am going to mow again and the wife gave me one of those cloth mask things that I can pull up when it gets dusty.   :happy1:  I will get the camper ready for the weekend too.  So JB what kind of boat are you zeroing in on?  How fun for you!!  Sure like mine and will take a ride again today with the dogs.  Check progress on the bridge.  Only one main section left to take off.  Yesterday as I walked to the dock I look and Cooper was already in the boat.  Then of course just as I pulled away from the dock he jumped out of the boat.  I coaxed him back in though.  All part of the fun.  You all have a great day, I'm gonna!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to look at a Skeeter WX1910. Fiberglass this time. Dealers are not going to be having a problem with carry over this year. They can't keep anything on the lot and the 2022s are going up 10%-14% is what they are saying. We have had our current boat for 24 years and decided it is time to upgrade. But we could always change our mind tomorrow.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks and sounds like a nice boat!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 52* when I went out to hang the clothes. :scratch: Thought doin some laundry might make it rain. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: They're sayin 66* later but I'm not buyin it as they missed it again yday. Got a couple small irons in the fire for early today too. Have a good day!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
jerkbiat, Keep us informed on how things go with the boat purchase.  A friend of mine is looking at that same boat. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 52* when I went out to hang the clothes. :scratch: Thought doin some laundry might make it rain. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: They're sayin 66* later but I'm not buyin it as they missed it again yday. Got a couple small irons in the fire for early today too. Have a good day!!

LOL, I just laid 5 yards of concrete,waiting for it to dry so I can finish it,so it will rain for sure now.

LPS bet cooper's tail was wagging the entire time....that's what they do the little shetes.lol
« Last Edit: May 05/14/21, 09:30:22 AM by snow1 »