Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903942 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm eating a nice pile of mine right now!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Just picked a half ice cream pail myself. Being the nice guy I am I shared some with my mom.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 51 going for the upper 70's...  a very nice day yesterday for sure!!!  got a few things going on today but I'll still get the bike out later for sure again!! have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here this morning heading for 77. Was a nice weekend for sure, made 80 here yesterday. Good thing it was a dry heat. Barry, my current boat that we will be selling is a 1997 Crestliner 1750 Fish Hawk sc with a 90 hp Mariner on it. We bought it new in 1997. Been a good boat for us. So if you boys know anyone looking let em know and I can give more details. Should find out some time today when we can pick up the new one. Might be Friday. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
She's  DANDY this morning,fools on the road at such a early time,gee whiz folks gotta be in a hurry,driving the speed limit on 35E I got passed on the shoulder for cripes sake :crazy: fricken morons.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......yeppers...........looks like a beaut of a day!!!!! :happy1: gonna need to water stuff though. looks like we are finally going to get some much needed rain mid to end of the week. depends on what weather terrorist site you look at  :confused: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sure am getting that itch to head north again........this sunday...........look out fishies!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice morning.  Was 79 in the house last night so I left some windows cracked since we put the screens back on yesterday.  It's 69 in the house right now.  Can handle that.  Going up to 84 today.  South winds at 17.  Will be nice on the river.  Have a good Monday.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, it says we have 58* already & will hit 81* later. Got someone coming to fix the corner of the cabin damaged by the derecho last year. :happy1: Had to go to Angie's List though as our guys & all the locals are swamped or no longer do roofs. My project today will be to put a new cable on our lift as the old 1 bit the bullet last night. :rolleyes: Done it before, this cable was just cheap galvanized as I wasn't goin to pay the $200 for OEM last time. Found enough SS to do it twice on Amazon for $40 & luckily got it for Xmas last year. Better run, hopin your Monday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, it says we have 58* already & will hit 81* later. Got someone coming to fix the corner of the cabin damaged by the derecho last year. :happy1: Had to go to Angie's List though as our guys & all the locals are swamped or no longer do roofs. My project today will be to put a new cable on our lift as the old 1 bit the bullet last night. :rolleyes: Done it before, this cable was just cheap galvanized as I wasn't goin to pay the $200 for OEM last time. Found enough SS to do it twice on Amazon for $40 & luckily got it for Xmas last year. Better run, hopin your Monday's a good 1.
:evil: tight-azz!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :mooning: :pouty: Says the guy :doofus: who only buys 1 saw blade cause he just spent all his $ on a couple of new scopes for his guns when the old ones were still under warranty. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: Says the guy :doofus: who only buys 1 saw blade cause he just spent all his $ on a couple of new scopes for his guns when the old ones were still under warranty. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:
yeai doubt they where under warranty.........lets just say they were cheap scopes...... to the best of my knowledge i dont think they did warranties back then like they do now....... :scratch: :scratch: besides i dont regret getting these new scopes  :happy1: :happy1: glass is way more clear!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Trying something new today. One of the other trap coaches and myself are going to have our first league shoot today. It's 50 rounds of sporting clays followed up by 9 holes of golf. Sounds like it's a once a month thing and fairly flexible as far as days and times. Should be fun, yard work be damned.......for today. Have a great day all.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
You..........................cheap scopes!! :shocked:                   ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a good plan Markn!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

well off to check my asparagus patch!!!  only have a little left!!! 
« Last Edit: May 05/17/21, 08:38:09 AM by mike89 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Trying something new today. One of the other trap coaches and myself are going to have our first league shoot today. It's 50 rounds of sporting clays followed up by 9 holes of golf. Sounds like it's a once a month thing and fairly flexible as far as days and times. Should be fun, yard work be damned.......for today. Have a great day all.... :happy1: :happy1:

Where ya shooting,what club? better question ,where did ya find the ammo? none on the shelves in or near the metro except 2.75" 12ga oo buck shot.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. We got dry cleaned again over the weekend; no rain. Got about as dirty as I can ever remember mowing the lawn. At least it'll look nice until the dandelions poke thru again. Kinda tough to tell where you've mowed sometimes where there are none. Best keep on moving. Got more farmers to talk talk down off ledges... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 56 here this morning heading for 80 today. It were a hot one yesterday. Luckily there was a little breeze off of the lake when we got home so it was 74 at home. That cool lake water paid off. It was 90 in Roseau yesterday afternoon. :puke: Leaving work et 9:30 today. Wifey has dentist appointment in Grand Forks and needs a driver after. Well, just another short day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning feller's,just like that,summer is upon us...sun glasses at 0630,dang squirrels in the feeder's 55 degrees,one can feel the dew pt rising already,yard is dryer than a popcorn fart,little precip tomorrow is welcome if it happens.good day to all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 56 here and going for the mid 70's again..  and getting drier here every day...  when I checked my asparagus patch it is even slowing down, go figure with no rain...  got a few things going on today so that will keep me busy some what!!   :rotflmao:  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........as Mikey and Gunner say  :sleazy: :rotflmao:  got a few things on the agenda for the day!!!! AND its one day closer to sunday.........when i head back nort!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

did anyone watch the #4 news last night at 10?????? Amellia has 25 years at the #4 and they did a piece on her coving stories......pretty cool!!!!!!!!! is she considered a cougar!!!!! :scratch: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/18/21, 07:51:16 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 54* early & talk is 77* will be the high. :scratch: Believe that when I see it as they missed it yday by a bunch as we had 86*. Almost felt like July except it wasn't humid. Got the lift fixed by 11, the roof people sent an e-mail early yday asking if Friday was OK. Went out :fishing: last night, only 1 nord that was just a bit too big, sure was nice out there though. Got a couple things lined up for right away, after that who knows. Maybe I'll just be like glenn ;) & cuss the dog(neighbors). :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Have a good day gents!!
« Last Edit: May 05/18/21, 08:09:33 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 54* early & talk is 77* will be the high. :scratch: Believe that when I see it as they missed it yday by a bunch as we had 86*. Almost felt like July except it wasn't humid. Got the lift fixed by 11, the roof people sent an e-mail early yday asking if Friday was OK. Went out :fishing: last night, only 1 nord that was just a bit too big, sure was nice out there though. Got a couple things lined up for right away, after that who knows. Maybe I'll just be like glenn ;) & cuss the dog(neighbors). :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: Have a good day gents!!
yea well......he aint starting out the morning very well either. :surrender: :bs: :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's your buddy!!!   Boar Jr!!!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Gonna be another hot one.  Gonna be high winds this afternoon too.  I will putz around here on the river for awhile till it gets too bad.  The west wind is what hits us hard here.  No other big plans yet.  Here is a pic of the night time action last night.  Coon or bear?  There was a suet block thing laying on the ground beat up too. The untouched feeder didn't have seed in it.  The Shepherds hook rod is fairly strong.  Not sure if a coon climbed it that it would bend like that but who knows.  I'm leaning bear.  Have had one every year for 4 or 5 years now.  Just passing through I think.  A youngster having a good time.  Don't we know Glenn?  Well enjoy your day.

« Last Edit: May 05/18/21, 09:07:38 AM by LPS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
First time shooting sporting clays at this club. Got my butt kicked. Golf wasn't too bad considering it was the first time either of us played there too. Well back to yard work, some of the planted grass seed is coming up behind the house, going to put down some more seed today by the new garage after I disk the snot out of it. Have a great day all..... :happy1: :happy1:

snow, we shot at Viking Valley just North of Ashby. Great place, very challenging. They had a bunch of shells (Rio) on hand, don't know what he charges for them. I have some ammo left over from last year when I didn't shoot any registered targets (ATA).
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Second thought a bear would have just pulled the feeder off.  I see the hangar isn't bent.  Now I'm leaning coon.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I am leaning bear myself. Coons don't have the weight to bend the shepherds hook.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Second thought a bear would have just pulled the feeder off.  I see the hangar isn't bent.  Now I'm leaning coon.
we've been pretty fortunate at the cabin........havent had bears mess with the bird feeders much at all. i know there around!!!!!! i see deer scat and tracks around the feeders.....no bear or coons!!!!!!! :happy1:

and the only bear around here at home is when the wife wakes up ornery!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well don't piss her off so much then!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
First time shooting sporting clays at this club. Got my butt kicked. Golf wasn't too bad considering it was the first time either of us played there too. Well back to yard work, some of the planted grass seed is coming up behind the house, going to put down some more seed today by the new garage after I disk the snot out of it. Have a great day all..... :happy1: :happy1:

snow, we shot at Viking Valley just North of Ashby. Great place, very challenging. They had a bunch of shells (Rio) on hand, don't know what he charges for them. I have some ammo left over from last year when I didn't shoot any registered targets (ATA).

didn't know ashby has a gun club....5 stand or walk thru course? curious either way its all fun pulling the trigger,sounds like the price was right shooting rio's as in free....shot my share of rio's,they sure stink when shot in warm weather they use a slow burn powder,they don't like the cold either,I remember we had a bunch of "wolfer's" when the temps got below 30 degrees,we had to warm up our rio ammo on our vehicle floor during shoots heater on high in the fall.