Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904759 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  Made it to deer river. :happy1: but holy sheep dung!!;  :pouty: what a change in weather, from warm sticky humid to almost long underwear. :doofus: :rotflmao: well off to pester the fish
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ah, we'll get some peace & quiet around here... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:mooning: :mooning: Yea don't count on it.  :nerd: :rotflmao: when can I get my gun I won. :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 49 and some light rain here, heading for 76 today. Going to be a roller coaster ride this week temp wise. Not much else new here. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all,sure is humid and gloomy already for so early,all in all a great weekend weather wise,dang wood ticks are out in force tho in my area,knocked down a bunch of tall grass.brush with " kills all" hopefully that will slow down the spread of those creepy critters my dog loves to share.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Dark and windy as heck here today.  I need to spray burdoc so that ain't happening today.  I need to mow though.  If I get that done it will be a good day.  Cooper wants on my lap so see ya later.   :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here going for 80 again..  had a good weekend and now get ready for the holiday weekend coming next..  got a few things to do today.   have a good day all..   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Might have to make a run to Spicer today to see if I can get my Remington 105 fixed. Didn't want to cycle the empty shells out on Friday while shooting sportys. I did shot a 36 with a borrowed shotgun so that was good. Looks like someone needs to mow my yard soon. Have a great day all.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 49* here & shootin for just north of 80*. Had a nice 30-45 minute shower already this mornin so with the fog I can't see 1/2 way across the bay. Never did take the boat off the lift yday :pouty: but did get my mowing down by the road done. :happy1: Not sure what's in the works for today yet, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  Made it to deer river. :happy1: but holy sheep dung!!;  :pouty: what a change in weather, from warm sticky humid to almost long underwear. :doofus: :rotflmao: well off to pester the fish
:scratch: Your surprised? I'm not!! You ALWAYS bring the NICE weather along with you. :banghead: :bonk: :doah:     
 ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 05/24/21, 08:36:42 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. 2.24" of rain at the ranch & .27" in Bugtussle. Nothing west of town. The drought is over for now at the ranch anyway. Heard my neighbor down the road mowing yesterday so just about got the mower out 5 minutes before he got done. Then it dumped.  Mowing lawn has become top priority between rains. That and figuring out where fields are dry enough to scout. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We got .25, I heard 1.5 just north of Waseca. Mowed yesterday.
Edit: I just got a call, NW of Waseca 4.6 inches!
« Last Edit: May 05/24/21, 12:50:27 PM by roony »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You always get your lawn mowed before I do... :pouty:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here going for 70 today. Supposed to be windy again today. Dropped the old boat in the water last night to make sure all was good and  :happy1: :happy1:. Purs like a kitten at a milk pail.  :happy1: Have a guy coming Thursday that wants it. So we will see. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
classic mike....so true,funny how we remember the important thing's in life.big time boomer's last night,house even shook,pup barked,still spittin rain this morning at my place,feels good this morning,not so humid.good day to all.
« Last Edit: May 05/25/21, 07:26:34 AM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 here and will heading toward 80 again and with the wind too..  but there is a cool down coming in Wed..  got some things done here yesterday and have a few more to do, just keep plucking away at the list...  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to town for ribs today. Need three racks smoked for eats on Saturday night. Should be nine  of us, maybe ten at deer camp for the holiday weekend. Going to put my Cub mower back together too so I can cut grass Thursday before everyone starts to arrive. Have a great day all... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Too windy to spray here already.  It can wait with no problem.  When we bought our zero turn mower at the JD place here I told them I thought our trade in which we bought there was 6 years old.  He checked and it was 10 years old. LOL  Time flies.  I think we have had our mower now for 3 years.  Thinking I might see what it is worth on a trade in.  Perfect condition.  They may want trade ins. ??   May be better than waiting 10 years.  We shall see.  Well everyone stay out of trouble today. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, had 51* when I went out :fishing: a little before 5. Had some action but no :fish2:, just went out so the others could sleep. Guess we're headed towards 80* again here today, gusts to 30 this PM too. Got some clothes in the wash & the boat could use a little gas. Boat came off the lift a little tough today so a nudge out a little deeper may be on the horizon soon too. Wash machine has finished, gotta run. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. .32" or rain at the ranch between 3 different shots & .27" in Bugtussle. Could brew up another batch of thundershowers later this afternoon like it did yesterday. I've had just under 5" of rain this past week & surpassed 5" for the month with this last rain. Listened to the neighbor mowing lawn last nite. It was still pretty wet right after the rain & sounded like it was making the machine work for all it was worth. Something to look forward to. At least I have lights... :rolleyes:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS,I was eye balling a toro zero turn time cutter for my place and doing my dad's yard every week,my 2015 huskie yard tractor started to act up,at the time my utility trailer was 60"s wide I couldn't back that zero straight back off the trailer if my life depended on it with those front caster wheels jumping the front end around I would roll that sucker off the trailer sideways with my luck,gotta be a trick or just practice,so I got another tractor,sure would like the zero tho,nice,power equipment shop tells me only issues with the zero is the belts.I'm not one to do repairs unless I can fix with duct tape or bailing wire,if that don't work I buy new.

« Last Edit: May 05/25/21, 11:52:38 AM by snow1 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. .32" or rain at the ranch between 3 different shots & .27" in Bugtussle. Could brew up another batch of thundershowers later this afternoon like it did yesterday. I've had just under 5" of rain this past week & surpassed 5" for the month with this last rain. Listened to the neighbor mowing lawn last nite. It was still pretty wet right after the rain & sounded like it was making the machine work for all it was worth. Something to look forward to. At least I have lights... :rolleyes:
That's a helluva Lotta water. Pretty sure its more like 1.25 or 1.5 at home. A few miles one way or another can make a huge difference. With all them sheep why are ya mowing so much? Hey. I got some old rolled up woven wire in the grove I can give you a real bargain on.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, and there are places that are reputedly up to 8" in the same time frame. As they say, the first liar doesn't stand a chance. I know up by Itron in Waseca, there was 4"+ from a semi-reliable source.

If the sheep wouldn't gnaw all the bushes, shrubs and planters off, one stretch of 3-strand electric about 200' long & the lawn would be enclosed as pasture. We used to let them graze the lawn some when I was a kid. Always chewed off things you wanted left alone first. I gave up mowing the windbreak last year. Need to take down the electric fence surrounding it & get the barrier up around the hazelnut bushes, hopefully this weekend. Did I mention I never get any help? :scratch: :rotflmao: Prime sheep chow in there. Lots of grass, dandelions & little 1' tall boxelder saplings. They'll chit like a goose after eating that stuff!  :shocked:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS,I was eye balling a toro zero turn time cutter for my place and doing my dad's yard every week,my 2015 huskie yard tractor started to act up,at the time my utility trailer was 60"s wide I couldn't back that zero straight back off the trailer if my life depended on it with those front caster wheels jumping the front end around I would roll that sucker off the trailer sideways with my luck,gotta be a trick or just practice,so I got another tractor,sure would like the zero tho,nice,power equipment shop tells me only issues with the zero is the belts.I'm not one to do repairs unless I can fix with duct tape or bailing wire,if that don't work I buy new.

I just saw a video today on that Snow.  It said always back the Zero turns onto the trailer.  Your traction is the back wheels so it will pull the front up nicely.  Makes sense.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got that 2" of rain last week and thought we were in heaven.  I saw on the news last night that we are still in the Dry designation and now almost Moderate drought.  SO the 2" just slowed down our nearer to drought status a few days. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  we bucked the wind out to Western MN a little bit ago,  not good for fuel mileage.  Ya that's a good amount of rain Dotch,  I dumped out 3" at the house since last Thursday but out here it's really dry. We're gonna try some wave jumping and wet a line after dinner, but might hafta find a quiet bay perhaps.  See ya tomorrow!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
still no rain here, yet..............  maybe thursday!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We just had a 3 minute rain here.  Still windy as heck.  Whitecaps on the river all afternoon. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, had 41* early & we may hit the upper 50's. Whitecaps on the bay here yday afternoon. We had ~ a 2 minute rain here last evening too LPS.  Pretty breezy startin out today as well but it that's 'sposed to settle down a little. Goin to GR today as we need a few things & it'll probably start lookin like a holiday by tomorrow.  :rolleyes: Have a good day!!