Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900953 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 here and might get to 60..  and the wind is doing it's thing here to from the NW...  got the yard mowed last night and oh did the dust fly!!  crazy weather..  at least they are still talking rain tomorrow..  going to Alex this morning to finish getting what I need for this weekend..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here this AM heading for a whopping 48 today. Meeting a feller after work today to maybe buy the old boat. He is coming up from Perham, so I am meeting him in Baudette. Also have the feller tomorrow that I talked to on Friday but wouldn't be home until the 27th. Feel bad for him if this other guy takes it. But he did not give me anything to hold and I told him I would take what he offered if it was still available on the 27th. Guess we will see what happens tonight. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I did have something happen last night night that was really cool..  I was standing in the living room looking out the patio door and all of a sudden there was a nice doe doe standing by the bird bath, 5 feet from the door..  thought maybe was going to drink from it...  but then she walked west about 50 to 60 feet and and kept looking around..  tail down but looking..  after about 30 seconds or so out from the weeds along the lake shore comes a fawn no more than 14 or 15 inches tall!!!!  and then started nursing!! after a bit they wandered off..   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Up and at em already.  We are having light rain coming down with big snow flakes mixed in.  Unreal.  It is 36 and on the radio they said a chance of frost tomorrow morning and the next morning too.  We will be going to get the Grandson tomorrow morning to spend the weekend with us.  It is always a good time.  He is almost 10 now.  Very nice kid too.  Fun to show him life in the country.  Man it is really snowing now.  LOL  Have fun in GR Gunner.  Good day to go shopping.  I'm going to hit the hardware store and the JD store too.  Have a great day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, wow what a change in weather. 37 balmy degrees. Looks to windy to be on a lake NY myself. Will hopefully get my gun sited in and cut wood today. Fire and 🍻 later.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Three racks going in the Pit Boss smoker today for Saturday night. Water the new grass and wash wheeler is on the agenda for today. Maybe a nap after lunch....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Three racks going in the Pit Boss smoker today for Saturday night. Water the new grass and wash wheeler is on the agenda for today. Maybe a nap after lunch....... :happy1: :happy1:

So you smom them now, refridge them, and how do you reheat them?

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Steven, I’m going to smoke them for four hours or so checking the temperature, adding apple juice and plan on reheating them on the Weber with a bit of Ken Davis bar b que sauce. Never done it that way but going to try. Wish me luck.
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's.  Put a new tire & rim on the trailer I haul the Gator on yesterday. Starting to see cords on one tire. Would've had the local shop throw on a new set but they're on vacation for a week. FF had a tire & rim for about $150 w/tax. Buddy of mine has a trailer just like it so once the local shop gets back from vacation we'll have a spare between us. Got the front part of the lawn mowed last nite. Gave the new to me mower a workout. Grass was heading out so it was tough but at least it wasn't wet. Needed to slow down tho, something not in a lot of farmer's vocabularies. Deck still isn't quite as smooth as the floating deck under the Agco Allis but I'll sacrifice a little appearance for speed and power.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that sounds good Markn!!  had the Harley at the dealer for a check up, picked it up this morning and rode it home...  49 degrees...  yikes!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya looks good Mark.  I have been using whatever sauce is on sale. I like Baby Rays but was telling the wife last week that I used to love Ken Davis sauce.  I need to get me some of that. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning, a great day! last day on the job! im done with propane!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
A fan of Baby Rays also. What adventure will you be off to now?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like sweet baby ray's too..  but i like rudolphs bar-b-que original very well too!!!  good flavor!!  famous dave's is good too!! 

Boar have a good day!! 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
im not sure we will see what tje comes up with the sun!
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
im not sure we will see what tje comes up with the sun!

you seem to find interesting one's too!!  good luck!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yea actually ill be starting at Digikey great starting wage and 100% medical dental and vision paid
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A dingy working for Digikey.  :happy1: how appropriate. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see their employment commercials and it make me want to work there.  Good for you Jeff.  Looks like a fun place to work.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck with the new job boar. Bennies (insurances) are a great thing. Worth seven, eight bucks an hour of wages IMO.
 Ribs are done, cooked, cooled off and in the fridge. I did have to try a couple, “cooks privilege”. Tasted great. Finish me beer and off to the sack. Night all. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 32 here.  Going to pick up the Grandson today so the wife is a little giddy about it.  That is great!  Supposed to be all day rain down in the Perham area so I hope we hit it so my truck gets a warsh.  May pick up a Papa Murphy's on the way home.  Those ribs look great Mark.  Makes me want some.  You all have a good day.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. we had 41 at home, but the wind is whipping off of the lake. Seen lots of frosty fields on the way in to work this AM. I know a few people that work at Digikey and they all say it is a great place to work Boar. Going to be a bit of a drive for ya? Well, da feller bought our old bought last night. I still have it at home until the check clears. Which he said was perfect since he will be heading back to Illinois tomorrow. He will get it when he comes back up. They have a family cabin in Perham. Nice feller. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning you's guyz,cold damp rainy morning,cold enough up north to snow according to last night weather report,30's?yikes feels like a octorber morning walking out the door.have a great day all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, we have a light rain going on and that is great!!  I too have heard good things about that place Boar!!  good luck!!  the temp is sure cooler!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 39* @ 1st peek & goin for 56* today. Wind has switched from NW to SE here so it shouldn't feel :scratch: quite a cool as yday. Not that busy in town yday & we were back out here by noon. There's a couple things on my list for early today & from there who knows. Hopin your Thursday's a good one!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  looking like wash out here for the day. Did lots of fishin yesterday the bro and i caught 14 sheepshead no walleyes but did find some really nice sunnies and crappies in the afternoon.  Might be a good day to run to town and re supply... See ya!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh happy day!!!  4/10ths of an inch of rain so far!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers yep a tad chilly here. probably throw the boat in the cabin lake and play around this afternoon.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Super looking ribs mark n!  :cool:

Mornin' gang! 48 at choretime heading for a high...oops! That probably was the high. .27" of precip at the ranch & .35 in suburban Bugtussle. Setting up for an all day rain. May be time to do my glenn impression & take a nap this afternoon! Glad we got some guys reeled in a tad rather than going balls to the wall on spraying herbicides yesterday. Was plenty windy in the a.m. anyway and with the cold temps expected the next few days, it's unlikely to do the corn any favors. Had some with their own sprayers picture frame their fields. For a lot of them, that's where 95% of their weed pressure is & with the cold, the weeds won't be growing anyway. If there is an injury problem, they'll be glad they didn't mess up the whole field.   :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I got up early to make coffee and start the day of Grandparenting.   :happy1:  It is 29 here and everything is covered with frost.  Glad we didn't plant tomatoes yet.  I wonder how if affected the asparagus.  There were some real short ones I didn't pick the other day.  Our best spot doesn't even have any showing yet.  Kind of worried about it.  ??  Not much of an expert on them other than they are fun to pick and fun to eat.  Tanner and I will take a wheeler of course to go check them all.   :cheesy:  Wouldn't be fun without that.  LOL  Well you all have a good one.