Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905457 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
MORNING FOLKS,agreed LPS chilly start,in october this would be the norm/frost on the pumpkin's... today is national hamburger day,so get your grilling on.have a safe weekend all.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 34 at our place this AM, But we are right next to the lake. Lots of frost on the way in. Have fun with the grandson this weekend Barry. The wife and I have been looking for wild asparagus up by us, but no luck finding it yet. Going to camp down in Beltrami this weekend, so no ride in the new boat yet. Fun to use the camper too. Really like spending time down there. Otherwise another day in the salt mines. Have a good Friday and Memorial weekend boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 34 here too..  but sure is bright out with the blue skies!!!  start getting some food ready for this weekend, like tater salad for starters..  other than that nothing fancy for food..  went to HH last night and got in on the meat raffle for the first time in a few weeks..  won a pork chop package and man those chops are huge!!  1 1/2 inch thick!!  they will taste good for sure!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, what an awesome looking start to the day.

Put the boat in the cabin lake yesterday. 3 1/2 hours later couldn't feely fingers. :confused: :happy1: tried finding the crappies the DNR said we're still in here, no dice. :confused: trolled a bunch, nords where plentiful. Caught I'll bet 25 but I bet combined didn't weigh 30 lbs. :rotflmao:

Did catch a 26 Incher on front of the neighbors place. Was amazed by the lack of weeds, could troll anywhere pretty much.

I
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 33* when I started movin & 63* is 'sposed to be the high. :scratch: Spent an hour or so out in the boat~ mid-day yday too & it was a bit chilly even then. Pushed our lift out a couple more feet as it was a getting too shallow where it was. If don't get some rain soon we may be putting the extra 16' section back on the rollout dock. :pouty: 'Bout it for now, have a good day!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 33* when I started movin & 63* is 'sposed to be the high. :scratch: Spent an hour or so out in the boat~ mid-day yday too & it was a bit chilly even then. Pushed our lift out a couple more feet as it was a getting too shallow where it was. If don't get some rain soon we may be putting the extra 16' section back on the rollout dock. :pouty: 'Bout it for now, have a good day!
:doah: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :nerd: :embarrassed: :tut: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 38 for a low heading for a high in the mid-50's. 1.03" of rain in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch & 1.12" in Bugtussle. Possibility of patchy frost here tonite. Likely be some pots residing inside overnite as a result. Need to do payroll, head to the bank, stop at the meat market then prolly get some feed, pick up a prescription & mow the rest of the lawn. Would free up my day tomorrow for other stuff. Sunday is a surprise birthday party for a friend. Should do the cemetery run on Monday. Have a good 'un!  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
yea actually ill be starting at Digikey great starting wage and 100% medical dental and vision paid

Digikey is one of life's little mysteries.   How did a major electronic parts distributor get started and grow in Thief River Falls, pretty far out in the boonies...   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck on the new job. It was probably your boaranese that sealed the deal.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
work force

Norwegians & Swedes. Work ethic or as some of them will admit, not smart enough to know any better...:rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Them Scandinavians get all the good jobs.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 39 this morning going for the low 60's..  nice blue skies this morning again too..  company coming this afternoon for the weekend..  they been driving up from Worthington for years..  got a few small things to do before they get here but I am mostly done preparing...   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 36* early & goin for 65* later. Our company left early & should be hitting the north metro right about now. There's a few new faces over at the neighbors though so I'll probably wander over there later & see what they're up to. Had a little prep work needing done on the other section of the rollout so I messed with that yday. Went for a boat ride last night too, may try that again today. Couple little things on the list for early today. Hopin your Saturday's a good 1. :happy1: :cool:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Partly sunny here and windy already.  45 right now.  Had fun yesterday with the Grandson.  Let him drive the wheeler around in the yard whilst we were in lawn chairs.  Then I see a small tree bend over.  LOL  Yes he ran over a tree during a trip in the woods.  Didn't matter at all but I tease him now that that was Grandmas favorite tree.  Then we let him drive the Zero turn mower around the yard.  He liked doing donuts with it more than anything.  He did real good.  I moved the plow truck and let him mow where it had been sitting.  I think he ran over the extension cord near it but I didn't even look at it and it doesn't matter.  My fault for leaving it there.  SO we are having a good time.  Today we made reservations to go to Vince Shuite Bear Refuge.  We have been there before and it is well worth the trip.  Google it and read the story.  Cool as heck.  They have a real nice raised building so you can see them bring food out for the wild bears that just come through the woods to eat.  It is by Orr.  Another great day.  PS.  We do have him wear a helmet when he drives too.
« Last Edit: May 05/29/21, 08:01:07 AM by LPS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 38 for a low heading for a high in the low 60's. Low was 34 at Waseca, 37 in Owatonna & 36 Albert Lea. Have not heard from anyone wanting to jump off their grain bins this morning so feeling lucky thus far. Just going with the flow today after checking everything off the list yesterday. Feed to unload & fences to play with. Sounds like yer a good grandpa Barry. My grandpa never would've let me have that much fun but he was sort of deranged.  :shocked: Have a good 'un everone!  :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Let us know how you like the bear reserve.   It is not far from our cabin but we have never been.    I don't know if the bog walk repairs are done but that is a cool thing in Orr.   You might check it out.    Free.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the bear deal is cool, been there years ago...  check it out..  almost like feeding pigs the way they eat!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We were there when it was still the old logger feeding them. He was in an old trailer home with a wrought iron fence around it. Must have been over 30 years ago.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 38 for a low heading for a high in the low 60's. Low was 34 at Waseca, 37 in Owatonna & 36 Albert Lea. Have not heard from anyone wanting to jump off their grain bins this morning so feeling lucky thus far. Just going with the flow today after checking everything off the list yesterday. Feed to unload & fences to play with. Sounds like yer a good grandpa Barry. My grandpa never would've let me have that much fun but he was sort of deranged.  :shocked: Have a good 'un everone!  :happy1:
You always get less frost. We'll soon be home after spoiling the granddaughter for 5 days.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
howdy fellers, got home from the northland about 12;30. pretty much unloaded and things put away. Glenn's ole fun-o-meter is pretty much pegged out. time to feed me and bum away the rest of the nite..

oh dont worry i'm not done here for the nite!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup a little early for me to be posting.  The dogs wanted out and I thought I would get coffee ready since the wife is still sleeping.  It rained some during the night but not a lot.  Getting darker now as another rain cloud is coming over.  We had a busy day yesterday.  Went and bought our crops for the garden and got some in the ground.  Then took a nap and headed to the bear place.  It was a good time.  The last time we think we were there in August and there were a lot more bears.  There were plenty of bears though.  A big black boar kept hounding a big chocolate sow for some action but she wasn't ready yet.  It is mating season for the next month or so for them.  Got the Grandson some momentos and we each got some things too.  A good time was had by all.  Worth the trip.     Just saw a wet fox run through the yard.  When I first got up a black cat was just laying in the bird feeder here on the deck.  Looked friendly so I went out talking to it but it took off like a rocket.  ???  Never seen it before.  Raining now.  Hoping to get in some boat time today so I hope it is not as windy as it has been every day.   You all have a great day.
« Last Edit: May 05/30/21, 06:38:48 AM by LPS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, between the wind than some rain later what a day yesterday..  then a little after 4pm a car ran thru a stop sign and got clipped by a truck hauling some slabs of lumber..  front end end of the car was toasted!! no injuries so that is good..  today we will have a bonfire do plenty of grilling too!!  have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....rain thia morning. looks like a good time to run to st cloud for some things.  to wet right now to do outside stuff. lawn needs cutting, need to clean up some of  them damn helicopters  :confused: from the maple tree.  of course i could spend some time in the garden. get caught up so i can head nort next week again!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 51 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. .01" of rain at the ranch in the overnite.  Looked at frosted corn & beans yesterday altho it really didn't amount to much. More frost in the coffee shop & on social media than in the fields methinks. Redid a mess my neighbor made of the sheep enclosure in the barn there. He put the hog panels up 12" - 14" off the ground. Sheep would crawl right under it. Not sure what he was thinking but it sure was a PITA fixing it. Still have to finish the gate that's also messed up. Did chores & sprayed thistles until about 8 last nite. Said that's enough, had some cocktails & grilled a steak. Heading out later this a.m. for a surprise birthday party for one of my buddies. Cruising Minnetonka it appears in some kind of a pleasure boat tour. Hope there's someplace to take a nap. 
« Last Edit: May 05/30/21, 08:23:15 AM by Dotch »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 52* early here & goin for ~70* later. Looks like we may :scratch: have had some sprinkles overnight. Did a little on my project, mowed some, & then went for a boat ride around 4 yday. Pretty windy & a bit cool but still nice out there. :happy1: Had a bunch of company out there too. 'Bout time for the Sunday paper run, I'd like some boat gas & a few crawlers too, so I better run. Have a good 1.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So my wife and I both went into st cloud. We drove separately, I don't like her stores, she don't like mine. :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Anyhow, we both got home and came to the same opinion, people who didn't go fishing, camping, golfing, or away for the weekend where in st cloud shopping. :doofus: :rotflmao: checkouts weren't bad though. Nice not to have to wear masks, not even Menards or Costco. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, great looking morning!! 50 here looking for the low 70's...  another good day yesterday!!  even rained for about 5 minutes last night, about 1/10th of an inch..  great looking home page this morning to, thanks HD!!  remember a veteran today all!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1: