Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902354 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 here so no big ccol down over night..  going for the upper 80's today and then the 90's..   yuk!!  should do some mowing but it's only hit and miss because of the lack of water..  not much else going on so have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It's raining here!!!   :happy1: :happy1:  Hasn't filled my $2 rain gauge much but it is wet and sprinkling yet.  I did some grass seeding yesterday too.  Gonna be a bumper crop.  LOL  Now it does sound like the two incidents may be connected like JB said.  I am curious to see what is up.  Well you all have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........man you guys up by the border have all the troublemakers!!!!!!!! :evil: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

gonna plant some grass seed myself today.

looks like shadows pretty much pack to his old self. just gotta try and keep him mellow for 5-7 days. wish me luck!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 62* for our start & only :scratch: goin to hit 84* later. It looks like we may get a few sprinkles here too. Got back home ~ 1 yday, GR was pretty busy but not  :crazy:. Need to move the lift closer to the dock :rolleyes:, & have a couple new pulleys that'll be goin on as well. Have to see after that, have a good day!!
« Last Edit: June 06/03/21, 07:57:15 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Got sprinkled on yesterday but nothing measurable. Spent way too much time looking at eff ups. If I had a grand for every hour I'd put in looking at the one party's speed induced issues with their no till drill I could take one helluva vacation. The idea is to put the seed in the ground, not lay it on top under the trash & hope for rain. :doah: Got a little gardening done last nite so at least I got some therapy. A G&T or two might've happened while I was at it.  :scratch:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I spent a few hours reading about the dust bowl while we were in Misery spoiling our granddaughter. Not drawing any definite conclusions but it does bring to light the importance of soil conservation even though there may be some bumps in the road when changing from what have become more traditional tillage practices. The amount of topsoil lost in the dust bowl states is truly sickening as is the fact that it rendered thso much rich land useless for much more than sagebrush.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You should've lived in North Dakota when I did back in the early 80's. Summer fallow on about 1/4 to 1/3 of the acres. It was dry enough in those days that those might be the only acres to produce a crop the following year. Moisture accumulated in them as did nitrogen released from the organic matter. They were kept worked black all summer long and in the fall they were seeded with strips of flax 50' - 60' apart. More than once when I was scouting fields in the spring I'd see a big black wall coming & beat it back to the truck. Just dirt blowing ahead of a dry cold front.

There needs to be some eyes wide open thinking on everyone's part when it comes to conservation measures. Too many on both sides have blinders on and that includes those advocating carbon credits. They're nothing more than companies buying indulgences at $20 an acre from farmers. It'll cost almost that to include the conservation measures and the worst part is those who have already implemented them stand to get nothing. And the Chinese keep building more coal fired power plants. Go figure. 
« Last Edit: June 06/03/21, 11:00:28 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  everything is staged and the pooches are going nuts.  Tomorrow after work I tell em we'll head out, not sure they grasp that but dang its gonna be warm,  talking 100 western side of the state.  Might do a little fishin early then grab a cooler and a floatie and watch some bikinis the test of the day. See ya !!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
now that sounds like a great plan Bobber!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  everything is staged and the pooches are going nuts.  Tomorrow after work I tell em we'll head out, not sure they grasp that but dang its gonna be warm,  talking 100 western side of the state.  Might do a little fishin early then grab a cooler and a floatie and watch some bikinis the test of the day. See ya !!!
you'll go blind looking at that stuff. :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

I'm hoping my AC works tomorrow! :surrender: :shocked:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Got ours fixed today.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning gents,74 dergree's already dew point is climbing,54 already this early,might be sit in the sprinkler type weekend as tomorrow mid 90's,have a safe weekend all,stay cool

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!! 61 here heading for 98 today.  :puke: :puke: I hate this kind of weather. No AC for us. Never put it in when we built the house thinking the lake would keep us cool. For the most part at night it does cool down. Not sure what the weekend will bring. Just a go with the flow kind of weekend. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good Friday boys!! Stay  :cool:!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, hope the new AC gets installed today!!  if not it's going to be a long weekend I think..  so far I'm keeping the house fairly cool..  not muck on the agenda other wise..  have a good and cool day all!!!   :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Today marks 38 years of marriage to the luckiest woman in Waseca County. (The luckiest guy really)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup gonna be a hot one.  At 8 tonight it will be down to 79.  Tomorrow night at 8 it will still be 84.  I hope there is a breeze for you JB.  I was given those 2 cherry tomatoes yesterday so I have to build a platform for them this morning.  Oh ya I will be doing some ranching this weekend.  A friend will be out of town for the weekend so I will be doing his ranching duties for him.  He has 9 head of chickens that I will be in charge of.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Yes I will be a Chicken Rancher.  Roony that is great!  Congrats!  Well turn the AC's on and Mike I hope you will have one today too.  Have a good day!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........like JB i hate this weather with a passion!!!!!!!! :angry2: :angry2: hopin the AC works!!!!!!!! got some things i'll get done here in the morning..then we shall see...........might have to camp out in the house and annoy the wife!!!!!!! :evil:

ROONY......... congrats on the 38 years of wedded bliss!!!!!!!! what ya gonna surprise her with today??? :scratch: :scratch: :smoking: :smoking: :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil:

Mikey............iffin they dont get it in........might have to shack up with Linda!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

JB.......... got AC in the camper............there ya go..........setup camp in there!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats on the 38 years Roony!!! Yes Glenn there is AC in the camper and that is certainly an option if need be.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats roony!! Nine head of chicken,  that's funny lps!! Good luck hopefully they send ya home with some eggs.  :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 62* here when I came in from my boat ride. The computer says 94* for the high & the 24/7 Bemidji weather station is talkin 97*, we shall see. There were a bunch of things with wings sittin on top of water early today & the way my HDS 7 looked  :rolleyes: there'll be a lot more tomorrow.  The :fishing: was just starting to pick up a little. :pouty: Spent most of yday AM in the lake messin with the lift. :happy1: :cool: Not sure what's on the docket for early today yet. :scratch: Hopin your Friday's a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats roony!! Nine head of chicken,  that's funny lps!! Good luck hopefully they send ya home with some eggs.  :happy1:

Ya it is a fairly large operation.  We are almost in double digits of chickens. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 70 at choretime heading for a high in the low 90's. Drying out but could still find areas of fields yesterday where it would be more than possible to get stuck, especially where there was standing water.  :doah: Finish a few fields up then maybe sneak home & do some more gardening. Got a graduation to go to tonite so that'll muck things up if I don't. Also lawn to mow and fence to get back on top of at the kindly neighbors. Weaning Sunday, finners crossed. Wish I had 9 head of chickens and not 75 head of sheep & lambs! 
« Last Edit: June 06/04/21, 02:02:10 PM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well it sounds like my AC unit didn't show up...  they said they have a portable AC unit they are going to bring out and let me use until they get it in and installed...  don't know any thing about those but I'm sure it will help, some thing is better than nothing!!!   it's never so bad that it can't be worse....  just sayin..........

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the portable AC is cooking away!!   should do the trick until next week when the unit show up, I hope!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
you can always close a door or 2 in rooms you generally dont go in much and set up a 20 inch box fan  :rolleyes: :sleazy: :sleazy: to help move air around.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i fired up ours this morning.........so far so good.  :happy1: feels good after being outside this morning!!!!!! i know the dogs are enjoying it!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
done did that too buddy!!!  but thanks!!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
done did that too buddy!!!  but thanks!!!   :happy1:
:rotflmao: boy your pretty smart!!! :rotflmao: :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Only 94* here @ 3. :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My phone says 97 here. Earlier the digital on the east side of the house said 100.

It's yo depressing to look again. :thumbs:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, we have 2..one on the garage and one on the house... The house one said 100 and the garage one said 98. Either way it sucks!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!