Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902505 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was a nice cloudy morning so we could sit on the deck and have coffee without the sun beating on us.  It is 80 now headed for 89 here on the river.  There is 15 - 25 mph winds forecasted.  Got the chickens all fed and took the wheeler and Cooper and picked some more asparagus.  SO when they are already tall and seeded out I suppose it is best to just leave them alone.  Right??  I got a nice bunch of about a dozen or so.  That is a good haul for me.  I just check them on our own property.  No other big plans for the day.  Watching food shows makes me want to cook something but too hot for that.  Salad time and we love them too.  Well you have a great Sunday.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you are right on the asparagus... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
you are right on the asparagus...
yep. what he said!!!!!!!!!  :happy1: that means you done been slacking LPS!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well the birds are taken care of this morning, garden is weeded and lettuce and spinach is harvested for mom!!!!!!!!! all thats left i guess is the haircut and to irritate my wife!!!!!!!!  :happybounce: :nerd: :nerd: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/06/21, 10:20:34 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Last I looked is mid upper 80s until the end of next week.
Yup, everything I saw yday says near 90* 'til Friday. :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here this morning heading for 80ish today. Nice and cool in the house this AM. Got some of the projects done yesterday. Camper is all washed up. Looks nice. Will probably put the cover on it tonight. Like to do that when we are not using it to keep the sun off of it. Also need to take one of the wheels off and get a new tire put on. It is wearing on the outsides of the tire. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 67 here and the rest is the same as yesterday..  got a few things to do today but nothing big..  got a couple done already..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Heading to the Falls today for an oil change and to stop at Big M.  I need a piece of treated 1/2" plywood for the floor in my trailer.  It was $67 online and by the time I ordered it it is now $74.  Need some deck boards too to replace a few rotten ones.  I hope I don't get robbed on the way home.  LOL  May have to stop and get me a Mushroom and Swiss burger too.   :sleazy:   You all have a great Monday!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 57* when I went out in the boat & it looks like we may stay just below 90* today. No :fish2: but it sure was a pretty sunrise. I didn't see very many bugs on the surface today but that's probably more due to yday's wind than anything as there still looked like there was some clouds of 'em under the surface. Not sure :scratch: what my next move will be. Find out when I get there, have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........not sure about youz guyz.......but this heat is getting pretty old!!!!!!!! :pouty: oh well, i guess sooner or later it'll give up. someone does need to do a rain dance........ROONY?????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

load up a few things for my departure to the northland tomorrow.........also gonna battle with the helicopters again!!!!!!!!! :doah: :confused: :confused:

stay cool fella, and dont let your meatloaf!!!!!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 74 at choretime heading for a high in the low 90's. Heading out shortly to look at soybeans and peek at a few corn fields to assess the herbicide performance. Glad I turned the AC on when I did the other day. Makes it harder to get up the ambition to go outside & work for extended periods. Drank water like a fish yesterday. Temp didn't get as high as Saturday but my activity level was higher and the wind just sucked it right out of a guy. Not supposed to be so windy the rest of the week so that'll be a plus. Getting too old to put up with some of this. Need a break soon.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
awe dotch............ice cubes in your gin, they dont count for water consumption.........i hate to be the one to break that to ya though!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wow!!  so many people drowned over this past weekend..  so sad........

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy hannah..the wind died down and did it get uncomfortable outside!!!!!1 :doah: :doah: di go through the garden and weeded, and cleaned up my helicopters though this morning before the heat arrived!!!!!!!

just gotta water and pull and clean radishes yet!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Mornin gents, we had 66 @ 1st peek & may keep it under 90* again today. Had a light show a little after 2 here last night, unfortunately the amount of rain we got didn't match the lightning. Got involved helping the neighbor replace 1 of the spindles on the deck of his mower yday. The parts run took longer than the wrenching did.  :happy1: :cool: Went out :fishing: last night with only 1 little slimer & a 2-3# sucker to show for it. Plenty of little black flies bitin though. :pouty: Got a couple things goin for today early, see what I get to. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69 her this AM with some rain. Got .1" this morning. Better than .0" I guess though. Supposed to make 80ish today. Yesterday was nice and in the 70s. I can handle that. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, packing and headed north!!! :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a safe drive Glenn!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 67 here here..  yea we had a light show too, but it was way north of us..  so no rain here..  maybe someday..  same here today as yesterday, take it easy outside...  watched a snapping turtle looking for a place to lay her eggs last night but she decided to wait..  she was only about a 12 inch long...   have a good day!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had lots of thunder and lightning last night too.  Ended with right at 1/2".  The lawn really needs mowing now.  Hoping it dried out so I can do that today.  May even go get a haircut.  Enjoy the day!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
geez! enough of this heat....brought my pup to the lake yesterday as he was suffering in this heat wave,had the sprinkler on for him but thought a drive to the lake would be a fun change,got to a small secluded boat launch on a seldom used local lake,county had a nice floating dock in place,my boy ran out on the dock ball in mouth,tail goin 100mph just all happy until he dropped the ball off the deep end of the dock, then jumped in after it,well he forgot how to swim and sank,came up treading water in place,eyes a blaze,had to coax him towards shore as he wasn't making much headway,thought I was goin in after him at one point,oh the look on his face,priceless,"Hekken" booby trap dad...all fun .

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Footings dug for new garage yesterday. Concrete next Thursday, they're all that busy. Headed to town to pick up about 60# of venison beer sticks, a stop at FF and then drop off a shotgun to get it fixed is my day. May try to cut the long grass in the SW corner of the yard. It's still wet there. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
where did ya have the beer sticks made Mark??? 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 71 at choretime heading for a high in the low 90's. Some chances for rain on Friday which would be welcome. Starting to see some subtle signs of the have's and have not's when it comes to prior rainfall. Lawns are slowing down and that's not a bad thing. Corn is rolling some in the compacted areas particularly and that's not necessarily a good thing. Better get at it. Can't drink all that water if I don't get out in the heat!  :doofus:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Lake Country Meats Mike. They do an awesome job. Half cheddar, half cheddar jalapeƱo.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes they do make some darn good sausage!!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Not often that I am the first one to post in the morning.  The thunder woke me up.  It is raining here and had been thundering for half an hour.  We have a few puddles in the driveway.  I have the $10 rain gauge out now and it hasn't registered much rain but nice to see everything get wet again.  Gonna try to get a haircut today.  We only have one barber in town now so he gets pretty busy at times.  I broke the belt on the lawn mower yesterday so need to pick the new one up around noon today.  Buddy is starting to get worried during storms now.  Seems to happen as dogs get older.  Will be another hot one today.  90ish.  I may boil me some bacon.   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Rained here last night while bergers were on the grill. Not even enough to get the patio completely wet. Going to get the sprinkler going before it's smoking a$$ hot out again. Cutting the yard may be on the agenda.......maybe. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 here heading for 90 today. Yep, we had some thunder and lighting this morning too. Was raining when we left for work. Not sure it will amount to much, but we will take it. Started watering the grass Monday night. Getting dry. Put the cover on the camper last night. Nice to keep the sun off of it when we know we won't use it for awhile. Otherwise, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning  folks,78 degrees at 6 am here,ishta will be another day at the lake with my boy re-learning how to swim.

LPS,suggest CBD oil for buddy,online @innovet pet products,both the oil CBD you add a couple drop's via eye dropper bottle comes with and also calming soft chew and 125mg CDB OIL;hard chew treats,works wonders on pup's that stress out in storms,fireworks etc.Sure help's my boy when he has seizures.

FYI.
« Last Edit: June 06/09/21, 09:15:25 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 72 here and no rain...  had 10 drops last night around730..  other the same today, hot!!   going to Alex this morning and get a few things...  have a good day all!!    :happy1: