Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4875488 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes tents will be allowed as long as they don't get in the way of RV's Roony.  LOL  Was going to spray doc today but windy already so will procrastinate one more day.  Nice morning.  May work on the inside part of our kennel.  Then if it rains the dogs can go inside the barn.  Have nice dog houses for them in there too.  Gonna boil up some bacon for BLT's for breakfast.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Very comfortable vs. what we had this past week. .05" of rain in Bugtussle yesterday with only a click beetle (adult wireworm) in the gauge at the ranch. He must've drank the 2 drops of water out of it. :scratch: Contemplating cutting hay today if I can coax the neighbors to hook up their discbine. See a little rain got moved into our forecast on Wed. nite. Rather lay this cutting flatter & not rake it. Easier to round bale that way but it takes a little longer to dry. Need to scout the last handful of soybean fields. Also make a feed run and head to the grocery store. Asswipe supply has reached a critical level!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: June 06/12/21, 09:10:08 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What do you know...  I saw one of those things just this morning crawling across the patio and wondered what it was.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
When I was growing up we were so poor my folks couldn't afford to buy us toys. I was forced to play with snakes, toads and insects. I spent hours flipping click beetles on their backs and watching them click to flip back over. I still spend hours flipping them over and, oh never mind... :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
When I was growing up we were so poor none of the other kids would play with me.  My mom would strap a pork chop bone around my neck so the neighborhood dogs would hang around with me. My hand me down shoes were so worn that I could step on a dime and tell whether it was heads or tails.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We never had a TV so mom would turn the light on in the oven and my sister and I would watch stuff bake. TRUTH

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 this morning looking very nice again today... I did get what I wanted done yesterday and even some extra..  not sure what I have going today but I'll find something to do..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here this morning and about 20 drops of rain. Barely enough to wet the patio. We finally got the new boat in the water yesterday after cutting the neighbors grass. They have not been here for a few weeks and it was ready to bail. Got about 3 hours of run time on the motor. It has a 10 hour break in period, but the first 2 hours are the most critical. Boat sure rides nice in the rough water. Hit some big waves with it. Only issue we are having is water is coming in from somewhere. And yes the drain plug was in. I am thinking that a drain line for the livewell may not have gotten hooked up at the factory. Only theory I have. But if we were sitting still in the water the bilge pump will kick on every 2-3 minutes. Something not right with that. Not sure what is on the agenda for today, but I will find a project to work on. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 57* early &  they're talkin only the upper 70's again today. :happy1: Too windy for my projects down at the lake yday so I found somethin else, maybe today. Got some friends from around Ashland that stopped by for a day or 2 on their way home. Neighbor's back too & he's got a couple things he'd like a little help with so I'll have to see where the day leads me. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I got the doc sprayed yesterday and we got the room in the barn where the inside part of the kennel will be cleaned out.  Hauled a trailer full of stuff out to the road and people were taking things.  I even went and filled it up again.  Hope it is all gone by the end of the day.  Then we went to the camper and cooked brats over the fire and slept in the camper after we watched the Twins win.  :happy1: :happy1:  It was a fun night.  Having coffee now and planning our day.  I was wondering how the boat was in all of that wind JB.  It was howling here.  You all have a good one. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hopefully its something simple jb, mornin forum fellas took the pooches around a nearby lake for a different walk, the Golden retriever was in heaven with all tge goose droppings,  until a whole flock decided to chase us up into someone's yard! Lol. Anywho it was a great day yesterday us and the kids gobbled up 2 racks of ribs patio side while enjoying some refreshments,  might go to a graduation later other than that probably warsh the pick em up.... See ya!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-90's. Hay mowing day. Hopefully the neighbor boys have the discbine hooked up and ready to go. They were busy yesterday and I had plenty to do myself. Wife is gone to Sedalia MO for a sheep show until Fri. nite. Pulled the "Oh, BTW..." crap on me last nite. She should know better by now. Had a friend's birthday party to go to then announced the 4-H kids would be coming to work with their lambs. They didn't come & didn't come so finally I told her to $hit or get off the pot. Told them they'd have to wait until tomorrow nite. Now they'll start coming over every evening which will piss away the time I'd worked hard to gain this past couple weeks. Unless I take off work so I can come home & work some more. Then I get behind at work. Getting tired of this nonsense.  :angry:   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I sympathize with you Dotch. I absolutely hate it when the warden or anyone else plans my time for me, esp on weekends when it's about all I can do to put on the lond night hours.
A little inappropriate behavior might free up some time for you. It works for me. Passing a lot of gas for instance.
« Last Edit: June 06/13/21, 11:04:25 AM by roony »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya roony. I can adjust when I get some prior notice but drop a bomb on me at the last minute like that especially after being out in the heat all last week & I'm not impressed. I couldn't believe my eyes when I jumped on the scale the other day. Keep this up and I'll be back to running 10K's...to the liquor store to buy more gin!  :rotflmao: I'll have most of this week to dream up something really annoying.  :evil:
« Last Edit: June 06/13/21, 02:27:10 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well HOWDY fellers...............i'm back!!!!!!!!!!!! :happybounce: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :sleazy: :mooning: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: my dogs sure where happy to see me.........jury is still out with the wife though!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: :pouty: :pouty:

a full comprehensive report to follow later!!!!!!!!!  :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
as Dotch would say there's that noise again!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
as Dotch would say there's that noise again!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The hounds say stay cool fellas,  the whipper snapper was having fun with them
 The lab didn't dig it..

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning gents,Fun pics Bobber,kids lookin cool....this hot weather lately and days at the lake has my boy with a hot spot,caught it early size of a quarter as this fungus spreads quick,normally I have a tube of "panolg" on hand for this and ear infection's that occure through out the year but ran out,my local vet declined my request to fill my order of panolog or like product w/o an exam,peased me off as the first app't open was in two weeks,second time this year my clinic pushed us off,last month it was blood work for heart worm,3 week wait,two days later petco did the heart worm check as we were a walkin,looking for a new clinic after 20 years ,any suggestion's for the northeast metro welcome.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 57 here this morning...  man it was hot yesterday, kept me staying in the shade as best as I could!!  not sure what I have going on today but what ever it is I will get to it..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We went for a nice boat cruise last night.  Was great!  Had some filets on the grill too.  Didn't look to see how the Twins did yet.  Too late for us.  Gonna do some putzing around here today.  Nothing too big. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 here also and heading for 74 today. It was nice here in the afternoon yesterday. High 70s in the afternoon otherwise was cool, cloudy and windy off of the lake in the morning. Worked on a couple of projects yesterday afternoon. Also looked at the water problem with the boat some. I thought I had solved it. Noticed the drain plug was not going in all the way. So I backed the boat down the ramp into the water and popped the access cover. Water was coming in right away. Not from the drain plug. Finally got the flash light pointed in the right direction and I could barely see that the water is coming out of the livewell pump. Either it is missing something or not hooked up correctly. It won't fill the live wells either. So I will be making a phone call this morning. I am assuming that any Skeeter dealer can do warranty work. I really don't want to drive 4 hours back to Morrhead. So I will call the dealer over North of Baudette even though I didn't buy it from them. I would have , but they did not have the model that we wanted. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck with that leaky water JB!!!!!!! had that issue with my boat but i think i got it fixed.

morning fellers........yea she was hot yesterday hear.......55 when i left the cabin. sure could use some moisture from the skies.  :doah: all this watering is getting real old. heard on the news last nite howard lake has a water emergency and no watering at all. we have an every other day thing......but i water when needed. new also said farmers crops are getting stressed.

i'll stay busy today doing something!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Topped out yesterday at 95. Again. After I knocked the hay down I stayed in the AC a while. Open station tractor with no canopy was warmish. Hay dried remarkably fast. Stuff I mowed around noon was almost fit to be baled already by 6 p.m. I've certainly baled it a lot wetter and it kept fine. Now just need to decide whether I'm gonna rake it or not. Leaning towards not. Raking in a cab w/o AC is vastly overrated. Mowed El Capitan last nite. Dry as a bone in the bottom again. Got a lot accomplished overall yesterday. Ruby was helpful as usual. She got her feet all green following the lawnmower & ate all my steak fat.  :happy1: 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to pick up my Remington 105 after a tune-up at the local gunsmith. Then to Osakis to get a tire fixed for the side by side and then see if the camper has any water leaks after sitting all winter. That's enough for today. Oh yeah probably at stop at the trap range later this afternoon to load 630+ cases of targets into the trap houses. State High School Trap shoot starts today. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn,
I plan to be at the State High School Clay Target shoot in Alexandra next Sunday.  Maybe see you there.  I will be in the MDHA booth all day. 
I think Alexandra High School is shooting that day.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Deadeye; I’ll try to stop by on Sunday to say hello. I do need to see you before you leave for the day and get the MDHA “box” from to give to the group that is there on Monday. Tried catching you last time but missed you by a few minutes and had to get back to our high school group. See you later.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here this morning heading for high 70s today. Nice evening last night. The boat is heading to the boat doctor after work today. Bringing it to Lake of the Woods Marine. The are a Skeeter dealer. Not much new otherwise. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dandy morning,nice 65 degrees,sunny....we have that goin for us,will be a good evening to bbq here.

lawn looks like a desert scape,no water ban in our city so I  might give my yard a drink later today.

good day to all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, nice morning today...  58 here and only going for 81..  still haven't mowed for at least 2 weeks now..  yes some is long but it's green yet...  not much else...  have a good day all!!   :happy1: