Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901005 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Fair sized white pine on the corner of our yard got taken down and hauled away yesterday.    It had been declining slowly for years, might have gotten blister rust.    Anyway last winter finally did it in.    Called Hathaway tree service, they showed up on time and it was gone.    Except for the stump, flush with the ground, never know it was there.     

That guy driving the "claw" truck could win a lot of prizes at the mall.    He was really good.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Dentist visit this morning.  I can't believe how fast these 6 month visits come up.  Then we will go eat somewhere.  Not sure where yet.  Our lawn needs some attention. May get that today also.  Have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 54* here startin today & upper 70's for the high again today. Got an early start again today & went out   :fishing:. Little perch & nords were all that wanted to play, sure was nice out there though. Had a project that I got tired of pushing back that I jumped into yday. Had it done by ~ noon so glad I got it goin. Our company is still here, lookin like they're stayin another day or 2. 'Bout it for now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......yeppers.....looking like a good day today.  :happy1: :happy1: the #4 weather guy said next weeks temps look below normal temps with even some rain possiblities!!!!11 :happy1: :happy1:

yea mike..... i dont have much for green grass either.  :doah: :confused: :confused:

momma sat me down yesterday for a "talk". i thought oh oh.......now what.  :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: didnt hurt bad at all!!!!! :rolleyes: she said with fathers day coming up she wanted to get me that helix locator for the boat, but since i nixed it now till next year i ruined her plan.  :doah: i told her no big deal.....wait till next year then get it for 2 fathers day's.........hell i'm easy!!!!!1 :happy1: :rotflmao: what she dont know is i'm gonna go from originally wanting the helix 5 to the 7 now. :sleazy: :sleazy:

then the catch came.  :doofus: :rotflmao: we have a wedding coming up on her side. she said she needs something to wear and shoes for it.  :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: after giving her some guff.......i told her have at it.........i just dont want to see it as a wear it once andnever again deal!!!!!1
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a plan Glenn!!  also I too have a wedding to go to this fall, Gf's niece is getting married.. I told the niece I don't go  to weddings and she said you will mine!!!!  I have know her for a few years and future guy is also a friend of mine..  so I'll guess I'll be going for awhile any way!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Absolutely gorgeous day. Sounds like we've still got rain in the forecast so that's a positive too. And some farther out too. Hoping the boys get my hay baled today. It's ready anytime they are. So dry I told them they could even bale it with the dew still on. Mowed the backyard last nite after chores. Nice breeze so the bugs weren't too bad. New to me mower really pulverizes stuff so got covered with ground up dry vegetation when the wind caught it right. Tonite I should be able to do the main yard. Could do the trimming too but hate to get ahead of myself.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Here in the desert I won't think about mowing until after we get some moisture. I can hear the grass crunch when I walk across the yard.
« Last Edit: June 06/15/21, 06:57:04 PM by roony »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I mowed and it wasn't too dusty.  There are some brown areas starting though.  Our last rains were 5 minute downpours.  Felt good but no quantity.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  I did some mow lawnin today, just so I didn't need to bag it this weekend ( been watering). Dang the fam is looking to take a road trip perhaps this year, 4 of us  and 3 dogs going out west. Looking at renting a RV but holy moly they ain't cheap,  let alone fueling up and everything else in between. Tenting could be an option with a couple of vehicles but sure would be nice to cruise in style. We shall see I guess..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 at the moment and heading toward the upper 80's..  going to Alex this morning..  got some things done yesterday and will get more done today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 here heading for mid 80s today. Brought the boat in last night and he identified the problem right away. He almost had it fixed right there but could quite get it. There is a cartridge for the livewell pump that was never installed in the in the pump housing. It was laying in the bottom of the boat. He had me bring the boat home because I forgot to bring the cover and he didn't want it to get all dusty. So I will be bringing it back after work tonight. He said he would have it ready for the weekend for me. Also a light that inside that doesn't work and the 12v outlet doesn't work/ So he will check that out also. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Another great morning to be above ground...

JB,the joy's of boat ownership,ugh,if it ain't the boat,it's the trailer for us that live away from our favorite body of water.

Hit the back yard with two hours of water,sure brought the grass back to life by this morning,good to see the lush greenage again.

Later

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........got my boat water ready finally yesterday. momma's thinking of wanting to take it for a spin on a lake. i left all my fishing stuff at the cabin.  :pouty: but i think i can scrounge around here for some stuff.

supposed to get warm and tomorrow humid so the AC is gettin fired back up later!!!!!!! hope there right about some storms/rain coming.

not sure what today brings just yet  :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 59* when I went out  :fishing: & 83 is 'sposed to be the high. Got 1 eye today ~ 15-20 minutes before the sun came up, too big though. 1 nord too but it was too small, I don't even think :scratch: glenn would've wanted it ;)...........................to pickle. :smiley: Got some clothes on the line & most of 'em are dry already. Did just a little mowin to but it got too dusty specially with clothes out there yet. Company here through tomorrow AM is the plan now, they don't get over here very often so that's  :cool:. All for now, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Got a lot done yesterday. Neighbor baled my hay. Got 10 1/2 round bales off of <5 acres, same as last year so was tickled about that. He had a partial one in the baler that didn't have net wrap on it. Opened the baler up at my place to dump it off and it promptly unrolled itself down the hill! No biggy. Put the forks on the skidsteer and dumped it in the feeder. Lambs were happy. Mowed the rest of the lawn last nite. Looked like a dust storm. Heading to the TC tomorrow to pick up our registration material for BTT50's. Hope the guy with his hot chick wife/girlfriend shows up again. He went inside to get his registration stuff while she stayed out in the parking lot & wiped his car down. Reminded me of that car washing scene from Cool Hand Luke!  :shocked: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
This time take pics of the babe! Not into sheep personally.
« Last Edit: June 06/16/21, 12:41:36 PM by roony »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that was a good flic!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,pictures of her or it didn't happen.... :smoking:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I felt as hot as dragline today. Whenever we approach the day it is suppose to rain the weather terrorists start lowering the percent chance.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Might increase the chances if you talked the Warden into washing the '41 DeSoto Custom... :scratch:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Doubtful. Pretty sure the days of the warden displaying herself like that are long gone. :pouty:
« Last Edit: June 06/16/21, 05:53:52 PM by roony »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Was a bit dusty at the trap range yesterday in the MDHA booth. Got thru it, a bunch great kids stopped by. Got to run, large red pumper truck just pulled up and I need to watch six other guys pour 31 yards of concrete for my garage. Sweet. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning feller's,off to a toasty morning,75 to start,sticky,rain north and south east this morning according to local weather folks,ready for a cool down any day.

markn,trap range? if you shot good for you finding target ammo unless you reload,goodluck with the concrete,hope it doesn't rain on your project.

Beautiful red sunset last night wilst bbqing,this dry spell knocked down our skeeter population to near zero,at least we have that going for us.flies on the other hand are therviving...
« Last Edit: June 06/17/21, 08:38:32 AM by snow1 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here this AM heading for mid 80s again today. It were kinda sticky out side last night. No rain at our place, almost but it got pushed south of us. The boat is at the boat doctor. He said he would probably get it done today.  :happy1:  Been watering the grass and trees daily now. Trying to keep it green. Good luck on the cement mark. I bet that is exciting!  :happy1: Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 69 here and going for the mid 80's again..  sounds like things are moving right along Mark!!  no rain here yesterday either, some to the west and such...  got a few things going on today so I'll be plugging along with them..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice morning.  It is a go to the Landfill day today.  We sat on the deck and watched the dark clouds come over hoping for rain.  We got a few drops and a lot of thunder.  The lawn is getting brown in spots.  I did go get another one of those beef tenderloins for $9.99 lb so will cut it up today and freeze them.  They poured the concrete for the parking lot at the grocery store last week.  I wanted to come back with a lawn chair and watch the operation.  Impressive.  Have fun watching Mark. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........Mark, dont let that darn mikey make a foot print in your cement!!!!!!  :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well like gunner..i got a load of laundry out on the line this morning.  :happy1: trip to st cloud is in order for today. got an appointment with the vampire shop early afternoon to donate blood. that'll be the start of gallon #8. they must be really low on blood, sheez, i've been bombarded with emails and texts  :surrender: since i've become eligible again. even after i made the appointment!!!!!! :doah: doesnt hurt since the gals that do this are friendly and like to  :bs: too!!!!!!!!! :smoking: trip over to runnings is also on the list.

so yesterday our AC decided to not work, pissed me off, surprisingly my wife called yesterday a tech will be here this afternoon!!!!!1 :happy1: we dont have a furnace so no ductwork but we have this samsung wall mount unit with a compressor outside, that was replaced 2 summers ago under a warranty. has a heat mode to. so we shall see................

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks as if Dotch got rain last night, hope so anyway. Nary a drop here.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 62* here when I went out for a boat ride & 83* will be the high. Sure was another pretty sunrise. :cool:  Kind of glenn- like out there though. ;) :laugh: :laugh: Our company left ~ 1/2 hour ago, so back to our routine now. Got a couple irons in the  :campfire:, see what comes to the top. Have a good 1.