Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4941643 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 54* to begin the day & lookin for the low 70's to be the top later. We had a few sprinkles when we were startin HH ~ 5 & then again when we went over to see the neighbors ~ 6:30-7. Then around 8:30 we had a gully washer with > .4" in 15-20 minutes. Still not enough, need more tonight & tomorrow. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
it will be sold fast, if not already...  and she will most likely get an offer over that... 
:scratch: Wonder what they're tellin 'em about the neighbor?  :whistling:                    ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
it will be sold fast, if not already...  and she will most likely get an offer over that... 
:scratch: Wonder what they're tellin 'em about the neighbor?  :whistling:                    ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
that he is a super nice, friendly feller....................... :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............wonder if boober took that boat rideto get away from the kids  :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

man what an awesome morning!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: weather terrorists last nite on the news showed a map of expected rain amounts tomorrow, says st cloud area .14  :pouty: think i peed more then that during the nite!!!!! :confused: oh well, i'll take what i can get.

got a few things on the agenda, but i definetley see a  :campfire: and  :toast: on that list!!!!!!! :happy1: besides momma gotta leave me unsupervised for a while today,  :evil: she gotta go to a bridal shower this afternoon. she also needs to get our cherries that came in today!!! nummy!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, no boat ride last night. Mornin forum fellas the kid and I went out slingin buzz baits and spinner baits early and had a blast. Lots o bass and a 21" norten that we let go free. Watched momma loon pop up next to tge boat and tear a little sunnie up and gave to her little ones not far off, pretty neat. Lookin like it's steak n eggs soon...See ya!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Mid 60s and a little breeze this morning. Sitting out on the patio drinking coffee and looking at the lake. Beautiful morning. Hoping to get the call that the boat is done, but not holding my breath. He hadn't looked at it yet when I called him yesterday afternoon. So we shall see. Would be a great day to get some boat time in. Otherwise we will find some projects to work on. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning. Woke up to this.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. Woke up to this.
:rotflmao: Yea what's your point?? :scratch: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Morning bud!! :nerd: :nerd:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
how's the new job Boar??? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
how's the new job Boar???
rumor has it his boss got hauled away in a straight jacket. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Job is real good. Enjoying it much. Getting used to getting up at 330 instead of 7 but I'll adjust. Work is very simple with a clean controlled environment. Better pay, 100% coverd free medical is what blows me away, should done this 10 years ago
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds great!!!  so how far of a drive is that for you?? 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Job is real good. Enjoying it much. Getting used to getting up at 330 instead of 7 but I'll adjust. Work is very simple with a clean controlled environment. Better pay, 100% coverd free medical is what blows me away, should done this 10 years ago
that's great to hear. :happy1: some employers just know how to treat there employees good.

Yea that medical is unheard of these days, but keeps good people there.

Glad it's going good for you my friend!!!👍👍👍👍

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Rigjt on brother!! I know people that have had major medical  issues and have never seen a bill. Family plan is only 37 bucks a pay period. My plan is free
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Rigjt on brother!! I know people that have had major medical  issues and have never seen a bill. Family plan is only 37 bucks a pay period. My plan is free
so that tells me single coverage for the employee is fully paid by the employer and family coverage is somewhat funded by the employee. But 37 bucks  :scratch: that's one hellofa deal  :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
On my way to the land this morning I stopped and BS's with the farmer on the way in.  Also, the guy who made my hay was loading bales off his field so I took the opportunity to visit and make a deal for making the hay off our fields.  I give him a great deal but he looks to be dependable and fast so that means something to me.  Also, he will make our hay when he makes the second crop by the farmer.  Some farmers think we are nuts but we want to wait until most of the birds and animals are grown and able to fend for them selves.  Fawns, turkey chicks, crains and lots of birds are nested or living in the high grass and will be killed when the hay is cut.  By late August the young ones are able to escape the machinery.  I planned to clear a couple downed trees in a north plot. I haven't planted this one for a few years but planned to do so this year.  I had to remove two 10-12 inch trees from the wheeler path to get there.  To my surprise, both trees were cut up. I remembered cutting one that blocked my path to a stand and my friend must have cut up the other one so not too much to do to clean up the plot.  While I was at it I cut up and cleared an aspen that fell on another plot in the woods.  Deer flies started to get to me so I called it a day.     
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a light rain now.. had some earlier too..  not much but it's rain..  61 now and the high is 64..  not much going on today so I like that..  a good day to watch the rain I'd say..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here and heading for 61 today. No rain yet. Only 50% chance of rain now. Sure could use a good soaker. Got some projects done yesterday. My body can feel it this morning. No boat yet, so work in yard is what we did. Hopefully the wind stays out of the west today so we can burn some brush. That will be the plan for today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I thought it would be raining when I woke up this morning.  Like JB said our chances are not like they were yesterday.  We still may get some and I hope so.  No wind and kind of dark out so there is always hope.  We sold our pontoon boat yesterday.  Nothing fancy but a plain jane boat in good shape.  Now I am looking at a 2012 Kawaski 650 XC Mule.   :sleazy:  Needs tires and a battery.  I made an offer and am hoping they take it.  Always wanted a side by side.  This would be a good way to get into one.  It is not a fast one with 25 mph as top speed.  It is governed.  Supposed to be a good workhorse though.  Always fun to get new things.  Will keep you all posted.  I hope youse guys don't get rained out at the gig in Alex but hope the rest of you get the rains you want.  Have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there!!!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there!!!!   :happy1:
X2  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 59* at last peek & on our way to 63*, some light rain as well. The radar looks promising so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Neighbor said he had almost .55" on Friday night & asked if we seen the pea sized hail. We did, as we'd just got in the garage from a little late HH over with them. Went for boat ride yday early pm, lots of people out. 'Bout it for today, hopin your Father's Day's a good 1.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........not much rain so far. there still talking more, doesnt sound like a lot more but better then nuttin.

yesterday afternoon our grandaughter called my wife, insisted Sue put her on video. she proceeds to show us an engagemment ring on her finger. there out in the black hills with his family 4 wheeling. Mariah, the granddaughter proceeds to tell us she hasnt told anyone else yet.

after it all sunk in a bit, it hit me. brought a few tears to the old crusty codger!!!!!!! we pretty much raised her in her younger days. musta did something right that she'd tell her grandparents she is engaged before even her mom and dad!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. .01" at the ranch with more heading our direction over the course of the day. Had a splendid day at BTT50's yesterday. My friend Jim and I got there in the Stude easily and parked on the east side of the Coliseum. Went off & got some breakfast then got a text from my buddy Bemidji Billy who parked just a few cars away from us. Hadn't seen him for 2 years since all this COVID nonsense hit. Walked as far as I can ever remember at the event then had a few beers with Billy after that. Weather was just gorgeous & everyone was having a good time. Left about 4 p.m. & got out just as easily for the run home. Was nice with just one car rather than babysitting a whole group of codgers in their cars who suddenly decide after being there a couple hours they wanna go home!  :rolleyes:

Only fly in the ointment is an oil leak on the Stude has worsened so time to get it up on a hoist to see what needs to happen. Oh well, it's only money.  :doah: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hoping for some rain here. What seemed like such a sure thing is looking more doubtful. Same story different day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hoping for some rain here. What seemed like such a sure thing is looking more doubtful. Same story different day.

bout the same here too...    :thumbs:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn it!!  3 times now the power has flicked off and right back on this morning...  electrics love it.    :doofus:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
darn it!!  3 times now the power has flicked off and right back on this morning...  electrics love it.    :doofus:
maybe you should turn down the beer fridge. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe you should turn down the beer fridge. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

cold beer is the best!!!   so nope!!!    :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
plus I have the crack pot going today, cooking up some corned beef chunks I got a bit ago...   going to make a ruben hot dish....  just need to get some rye bread tomorrow....