Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904510 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well they took my offer.  We sold them our pontoon boat and then we bought this from them.  2012 Mule 650 XC.  Got it running and the tires held air so far.  Not for long I'm sure though.  The battery is toast too.  Will get a new one tomorrow.  Fun to drive.  Will be great to haul firewood with.  It is drizzling on and off here.  Was hoping for the all day rain they predicted.  I guess any precip is better than none. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We had a wheeler up north that had one tire go flat all the time. Had enough of that so brought the tire home, they just put a tube in it.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a great idea Glenn.  I have done that before too.  These tires are over a hundo each.  Tubes it is.  Thanks for the reminder.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The bill for 1 tube and labor was 38 bucks.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Another batch of pickled nords, this time I put a lemon slice in each jar.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a wheeler up north that had one tire go flat all the time. Had enough of that so brought the tire home, they just put a tube in it.

I did the same thing with the lawn mower...   tire keeps going flat, get a tube and fixed...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning gents,chilly start out the door 62 degrees but I'll take it,much needed rain yesterday has the yard back from the dead,lush green over night.

good start to the new week...

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Folks...  Well, made it back from the speedy trip to California for the funeral.    Very emotional for everyone.    Now to recover and get ready to go north to the cabin...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 48 here this morning heading for a high of 60 today at last look. So for your lose Del! We didn't get barely any rain yesterday, .04" is all that registered on the weather station. Not much else happening here today. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here to this morning, going for 63...  ended up with just over an 1/2 inch of rain!!  more than I thought!!   now to wait for the next batch of rain...  got a few things going today so that will keep me busy for now..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 50* early & we're shootin for 60*. We had ~ .85" in 1 of our gauges & I'm bettin :scratch: the neighbor will have more in his digital 1. So I'm gonna say we had a bit north of 1.5" over the weekend. :happy1: :cool: Sis & BIL are on their way up this mornin & should be here soon. Got a couple things in mind for my morning, see which I get to. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes all of our rain ended up at Gunners.  Was barely wet here.  Havinf fun with the new Mule.  Fun to sit together in it going for a ride.  The wife likes driving it too.  LOL  Got some things to do today so see ya later.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Deadeye, "deer flies" ugh,local feedmill has "the deer fly patch" for sale,seems deer flies always buzz our heads,this patch is a large piece of double sided tape you plant on your ball cap,works great and easy peasy to do-it-youself,dang deer flies always bopping the back of your head wilst mowing,annoying as heck,went thru two slabs of tape killing deer flies,fogot the body count but put a major dent on our deer fly population around my place.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
buy some double sided carpet tape... 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. .61" of rain at the ranch and .64" in Bugtussle proper. An inch by Hartland & .15" near Waldorf. The one rain gauge reporter in Owatonna got 2.97"! Glad we did BTT50's Saturday or we likely would've run right into that coming home. Got some banking to do, errands to run & no till beans to look at today. Other than that it looks like a routine Monday for this time of year. Ta ta!

Sorry to hear that del. Safe travels.   
« Last Edit: June 06/21/21, 09:25:05 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Spent over 9 hours at the State High School Clay Target Championship in Alexandria yesterday.  While working at the MDHA booth I had a great time talking with lots of young energetic shooters and hunters.  These kids really loved telling past hunting experiences.  Yes, it rained off and on but no thunder so it did not impact the schedule.  However, the strong gusty wind and rain showers may have reduced the scores a bit. My grandson shot over his average so he was happy. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........i know we never got a 1/4 of rain out it!!!!!! :doah: better then nuttin though. not sure what i'm gonna do today, but i'll figure something out!!!!!!!

Del sorry for your loss..........safe travels sir!!!!!!!

LPS.......make sure you strap the beer cooler down tight or you'll have foamy beer!!!! :doah: dont ask me how i know!!!!!! :doah: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

judging from gunners report.........lawn mowing will need to be done at the cabin next time i arrive..........should be a week from this wed or thurs!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Spent over 9 hours at the State High School Clay Target Championship in Alexandria yesterday.  While working at the MDHA booth I had a great time talking with lots of young energetic shooters and hunters.  These kids really loved telling past hunting experiences.  Yes, it rained off and on but no thunder so it did not impact the schedule.  However, the strong gusty wind and rain showers may have reduced the scores a bit. My grandson shot over his average so he was happy.

Good on you Deadeye,alex is a great shooting complex once one gets use to shooting towards the freeway.

curious if you noticed if they had plenty of ammo on hand?Still unable to find shotgun target ammo anywhere around the metro,cabelas clams to have some online for $10/box.crazy price but beggers can't be chooser's I guess.

trap shooting in gusty wind is always a challenge,targets dance up and down,worse is a strong wind on your back,drives the targets down right outof the trap house.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
It's chilly and a bit o the breezy side for the high school shooters today. Thanks deadeye and crew for coming up to help out yesterday in the booth. Kids always shoot better when they get here, Alex. And snow, we don't have squat for shotgun shells here. Took me about an hour or better to warm up last night when I got home. Sat out in the rain all day coaching. Got to go to pay for a nice 1100 I found this morning while at the shoot. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
markn,figured if there was a ammo supply it would be at the state shhot,I'm holding on to my supply until things loosen up.

Remington 1100 eh? I acquired my dad's 1100 when we moved him to senior care,very little use as I gave it a going over,gas seal is dry which I plan on replacing one day,never been a fan of remington in cold weather,always were single shots(semi's) but then I had cycling issues with my benneli SBE2 on occasion,not weather related either just a bad unfixable shotgun I dumped finally for the new beretta a400 xtreme,took awhile getting use to the change of POI as benelli was 100% high at 30yards,berertta is 50/50 at 30 yards,not use to covering the bird rather than floating the target,my trap gun same thing 100% high,most trap guns POI shoot high but rarely 50/50.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
markn,figured if there was a ammo supply it would be at the state shhot,I'm holding on to my supply until things loosen up.

Remington 1100 eh? I acquired my dad's 1100 when we moved him to senior care,very little use as I gave it a going over,gas seal is dry which I plan on replacing one day,never been a fan of remington in cold weather,always were single shots(semi's) but then I had cycling issues with my benneli SBE2 on occasion,not weather related either just a bad unfixable shotgun I dumped finally for the new beretta a400 xtreme,took awhile getting use to the change of POI as benelli was 100% high at 30yards,berertta is 50/50 at 30 yards,not use to covering the bird rather than floating the target,my trap gun same thing 100% high,most trap guns POI shoot high but rarely 50/50.

I LOVE my 1100's (I have several) Best cycling gun I've ever owned...more reliable than any Bennelli or Beretta....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
X2 HD,  the 1993 1187 I have has never seen a gun Smith and seen the bottom of a few sloughs.  Fer 350 bucks new its hard to replace..

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
It’s an 1100 Sporting Clays. I’ll get a picture of it tomorrow when I pick it up. Pat L. from Spicer had it on his gun rack at Alex. I did look at it last month when I was at his shop but was undecided at the time. He’s changing it over for the safety bolt be left handed. Can’t wait, think I’ll go up to bemidji for registered shoot this weekend and do some doubles with it. I need the targets for upcoming Minnesota state shoot and the practice. Later..
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 45 here heading for mid 70s today. Can't say we did much of anything after work last night. Just kicked back for an evening for a change. No word on the boat yet. I will call tomorrow if I don't hear from them to make sure I have it back by the weekend. Otherwise just another day in the  salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
JB ,early start this A.M. eh? or are you always a early riser?,little chilling again this morning at 46 degrees but better than a couple weeks ago at mid 70's at this time of day,I see 80 forcasted here later today makes for a great day,sadly from here till december we start losing daylight.  :sad:
« Last Edit: June 06/22/21, 09:35:31 AM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 here earlier going for 75 today...  sure is a nice looking day too..  I did get a few things done yesterday and might even do more today...  don't want to rush them!!  have a good day all..   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I finished mowing the meadow yesterday and I think I will start mowing the pasture today.  The horses don't eat it all.  I tell the wife it looks like Kentucky after I mow it.  LOL  Tonight is the guides meeting for the Take a Kids Fishing.  That is a fun get together.  Then tomorrow the big event.  Hope we can catch some fish for the kids.  Gonna be 88 tomorrow the last I saw.  Will be a hot one  SW winds at 16.  I think we will go out of Zipple Bay State Park.  The wind may not be quite as bad there.  Have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....... had to run up the water bill last nite.  :pouty: that little bit of rain didnt do much to break down the fertilizer i put on the garden.

yeppers.....looks like a nice day coming today!!!!! then the heat returns.  :confused: :confused: got a couple things in mind today, most of it to get ready for my next trip north. i'm gonna be soooo organized i'll be ready to leave sunday!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 46* to begin & shootin for 72* later. Talked to the neighbor after Sis got here & he had a little less rain on Sunday than we did so we might not of quite made 1 1/2" over the weekend. We did have a few sprinkles along with a couple quick showers yday again though. I did a little mowing yday too. Sounds like their boat's comin out of the shed today to prep for some lake time. :cool: Looks like a nice day for a little  :fishing: for me today. Not sure :scratch: what I'll have time for after that. ;) Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: June 06/22/21, 08:41:29 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 46* to begin & shootin for 72* later. Talked to the neighbor after Sis got here & he had a little less rain on Sunday than we did so we might not of quite made 1 1/2" over the weekend. We did have a few sprinkles along with a couple quick showers yday again though. I did a little mowing yday too. Sounds like their boat's comin out of the shed today to prep for some lake time. :cool: Looks like a nice day for a little  :fishing: for me today. Not sure :scratch: what I'll have time for after that. ;) Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: no time for the boat!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: you funny guy!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yea i reckon the grass at the cabin could be knee high when i get there, i didnt mow last time. but hey,,,,,, at least i'll be able to tell where i'm going!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: