Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901448 times)

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats JB to you and the Mrs. Headed to town this morning to give the Alex kids a send-off to the state trap championship on Friday. Hope they do well, shot pretty well last night at practice. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya.  Congrats JB.   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,"Todd Rundgren" Blast from the past,70's? he fadded away after his one hit wonder didn't he.Ican see ole glenn tapping his foot to his polka tunes from glen miller days. ;)
« Last Edit: June 06/24/21, 09:56:48 AM by snow1 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 75 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. As roony pointed out, very mugly today.  Dewpoint is 70 presently so that's not comfortable. The good news is there are better chances of rain for the weekend and chances every day thru Tues. Congrats JB! Just don't tell her it seems a lot longer than that... :rotflmao: Ya snow, Rundgren wasn't a guy who got a lot of airplay on AM Top 40 radio after Hello it's Me. He went off on discovery mode to avoid being labelled mainstream. His background was as a producer & engineer so he had a lot of talent besides music with interesting results. His stuff got more play once the FM format took off. The most unusual thing about his albums was you'd find almost anything from hardcore rock and roll, to pop ballads to even some country occasionally. Maybe not as talented as glenn's fave but certainly an influential individual behind the scenes.  :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFlcAGo-_Yc      
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: my fav is a canuck band..........RUSH!!!!!

i thing rundgren did more writing songs for others didnt he???????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: my fav is a canuck band..........RUSH!!!!!

i thing rundgren did more writing songs for others didnt he???????

He did some of that but finished a lot of unfinished work and didn't take the credit for it.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so ma and i decided we need to replace out AC unit. we had air maxx mechanical out last friday and gave us the news after he spent an hour working with a tech on the phone. i stopped in there shop today and talked to  them about it. little sticker shock but whatever. $3900.00 but with a federal rebate and xcel rebate we will recoup $900.00 of that!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

looks like next wed or thursday. i told the lady ill be headed up north but the wife should be home. she looks at me and asks where up north.  i said do you know where talmoon is.......she looked at me and said noone knows where talmoon is. told her we are 7 miles west of there....she goes......by spring lake......yep. she tells me her brother used to own the little spring lake store........SMALL WORLD!!!!we talked about alot of things then.  :happy1: said her hubby is from deer river and he went to school and friends with one of the guys from terex i know!!!!!

i also realized i may need to find a part time job.  :pouty: :scratch: :doah: i was one of  them guys, take my list get what i need and get the hell out. i'm finding myself "shopping"  :confused: more...meandering through the store just looking!!!!! :tut: i have a reputation to uphold!!!!! i need something so i dont have that kind of time !!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats jb!!  I'm not going to touch the side work Glenn,  but you can always net my fish for something to do.. :happy1:  :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
3500.00 here for my AC..
« Last Edit: June 06/24/21, 06:38:12 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats jb!!  I'm not going to touch the side work Glenn,  but you can always net my fish for something to do.. :happy1:  :rotflmao:
:scratch: :surrender: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A friend's house went on the market last Thursday. Two days before that the agent sent out a "coming soon" announcement and they had a dozen showings scheduled the first day.  They received 9 bids that day.  Being an open house was scheduled for Sunday, they had the agent tell everyone to put in their best offer by Sunday afternoon and my friend will decide Sunday evening.  Not sure how many offers he got but he accepted an offer $35,000 over his asking price.  He had a higher offer but it was a VA/FHA loan so he opted for the 30 day closing with no inspection.  That's two days on the market.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea it's crazy deadeye. :scratch:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dandy start to the weekend,65 degree's out the door,beautiful sunny morning,be safe all.

Markn shoot straight have fun!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 to start the day here and going for 83 again...  got a few things on the agenda today, but nothing pressing..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another nice morning.  Mayhaps I can finish mowing the pasture this morning.  Looks nice to have it mowed.  The horses don't eat everything so looks kind of ragged in spots.  That is all that is up here.  Except something is stinking in the garage.  I wonder if I left some minnows sitting around somewhere.  Need to find that today too.  Maybe Cooper can help with that.  LOL 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here heading for 79 today. Yah, the markets are crazy for houses right now and every thing else. My truck is the first vehicle that I have ever bought that appreciated. For gits and shiggles I check KBB on it yesterday and it is worth 10k more than I paid for it right now. Problem is if I sold it then it would cost me 20k more to replace it. Looking like a nice day today. Other then my back hurting. I have a big knot right in the middle just below my shoulder blades. Making it hard to breathe.  :angry2: Hopefully it mellows out as the day goes on. Well, need to fight thru another day in the salt mines. Have a good Friday boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........yep a nice day. weather terrorists say a high of 87. got to finish up my pressure washer project today and i wanna change oil on the truck. then its  :campfire: and  :toast: time this afternoon. the newly engaged granddaughter is taking grandma to rochester today for an eye appt so i will be unsupervised for most the day!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Mike.........you been riding that scooter?????? you aint mentioned that lately.

LPS, make sure cooper rolls in it though first!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The aches and pains seem more common as I get older too JB. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy is that the truth!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i have no idea what your talkin about............ :evil: :surrender: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy is that the truth!

You guyz are spot on,as we age the body goes first,my issues is my mind thinks I'm still 30ish when trying something physical then my body says "don't do-it" as a reminder...bitch getting old.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 61* at last peek & gonna end up ~ 80*,they're sayin. Went for a extra early full moon boat ride this mornin, clouded up pretty quickly though. A real small perch & a rock-o on steroids, must've been close to 2#'s. Not sure what's on the calendar yet, our company could be pullin out tomorrow early so that could influence my day. Have a good 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh almost forgot,it's "bring your dog to work day"

FYI

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Out of here. Headed to deer camp to drop stuff off and then Bemidji to shoot trap. Three hundred targets today and another three hundred tomorrow. Need to practice. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. More comfortable today as yesterday the air was so thick you could cut it with one of those Pioneer knives! Used to dodging Ruby terds walking down to the barn to do chores. Now the turkey has gotten into the act. I forgot how much the tame ones can crap & this wild one is no slouch either. More gawking at weed control in soybeans today. Wifey is outta here on Sunday again so more chicky on the grill. Hope sasquatch shows up so we can talk about old times... :coffee: 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Out of here. Headed to deer camp to drop stuff off and then Bemidji to shoot trap. Three hundred targets today and another three hundred tomorrow. Need to practice. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:

Show off.... ;) where are you finding target ammo? nothing around the metro,except cabelas is boasting limited supply for $10/box topgun(lead pellets) I'm brand specfic for SC these days not just registered shooting but practice as well,seems winchester AA's ain't happening ,talk is august  and that's a maybe.
« Last Edit: June 06/25/21, 10:40:13 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. More comfortable today as yesterday the air was so thick you could cut it with one of those Pioneer knives! Used to dodging Ruby terds walking down to the barn to do chores. Now the turkey has gotten into the act. I forgot how much the tame ones can crap & this wild one is no slouch either. More gawking at weed control in soybeans today. Wifey is outta here on Sunday again so more chicky on the grill. Hope sasquatch shows up so we can talk about old times... :coffee:

Boar is going to visit you???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

you get all the good company.....
« Last Edit: June 06/25/21, 10:11:49 AM by mike89 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, said he was bringing Robert too...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman