Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4945576 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow; shooting $4.50 boxes of Top Guns from two years ago. Tied for first on singles with a 98 then started the handicap out with a blazing 16. Ended up with an 82 and finally an 84 on doubles with the new 1100. Real happy with that. Light rain here in Hubbard Co. right now. Time for coffee, shower and breakfast. Have great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here and gray skies..  might rain but it won't be much they say..  but only going up to 74 or so here!  but it's very humid this morning to start..  got a few things going on today and that will be enough..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...........gray skies here too.....hope we get rain. not sure what i gonna do today.  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 61* last I looked & headed for 70*, I'm hearin. Getting some more of the still badly needed rain. Our company hit the road ~ their normal time & should be near Bobber's neck of the woods by now. Not sure what's in store for my day here, may have to go out :fishing: after the rain.  :scratch: Hopin your Saturday's a good 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had another quarter inch of rain last night.  I hope the guy I buy hay from got some of it.  He is not sure he will have enough hay so may not be able to sell me any.  I need 18 5-600 lb bales to get through winter.  Today we are headed to Park Rapids for a picnic memorial for the wifes sister who died a few months ago.  Covid prevented a family and friends get together so it is today at the park there.  I didn't quite get the pasture mowed yesterday.  Had enough sun the last two days and took a break.  Maybe finish it tomorrow.  Youse all have a good Saturday. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 & hazy at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Betting there's some air quality alert from the MPCA telling us not to breathe! :rolleyes: Heavy rain possible this afternoon. Fortunately no high winds or hail are forecast. Neighbors got all the round bales picked up and moved home yesterday so a good job done. Only bad thing is they didn't get it done in time to get fertilizer on the fields before next week. Oh well, more rain in the forecast. Hopefully the weekend rain will prime the pump so we can quit talking about drought for a while. Need to make a feed run this a.m. & this afternoon, a guy is coming to install a sorting system for the sheep. I didn't buy it so be interesting to see how it fits. If it doesn't work, I can blame the wife! I love it when a plan comes together...  :evil:
« Last Edit: June 06/26/21, 08:27:10 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here this morning and cloudy. Looks like it could rain. picked up .1 inch of rain overnight. Supposed to clear up later. Hoping to get out fishing, we shall see. Lake is nice and calm this morning. Good luck shooting Mark. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Put my rain gauge out. I hope its not the kiss of death. Both my neighbors are doing pre rain lawn mowing. I'm waiting.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch:odd, kinda wierd. so i'm out front putzing around and i notice the former neighbor lady and her new boyfriend pull up by her house......doesnt pull in the driveway just stops on the road???? they wave to me as they drive off. i walk into the garage and notice the realtors sign is still there but the sold sign is gone????????

not sure what that is all about......she took it as a souviner  :scratch: :scratch: not sure what that is all about, one would think she shouldnt have anything to do with it!!!!!!!1 :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Put my rain gauge out. I hope its not the kiss of death. Both my neighbors are doing pre rain lawn mowing. I'm waiting.

Feed procured, unloaded, softener filled & cheese curd supply replenished. Out of the red pepper curds so had to go with my 2nd choice, the horseradish curds. Next stop: Neighbor's Meat Market. Gotta keep my strength up to move panels, gates & sheep later. Tomorrow some guy is coming to buy a bunch of our little black lambs for a petting zoo. Looked at them last nite. Thought he could stuff 4 of them in 2 dog kennels. We said "no". Be lucky to get one in each the way they're growing & as wild as they are. Way more than market price tho which is already pretty high & we don't have to do the registration paperwork.  Forgot to mention, roony & the warden stopped by The Willows yesterday about the time we were finishing eating. I gotta say tho, she really doesn't look like the wardenly type...  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks can be deceiving.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 Afternoon peoples,  were getting some well needed rain, I see Dotch and Roony have some heavier rain down that way. With tge prime days going on we grabbed a "Ring" doorbell system,  only 40 bucks.  Kinda neat , Glenn should probably have one to see tge incoming oozing boxes from Dotchland  ;)  :rotflmao:  Anywho hopefully I can grill up some kaboobs later without getting too wet... See ya!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
youse guys down there get all the rain... :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
youse guys down there get all the rain... :pouty:
I hear you. :pouty: :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  were getting some well needed rain, I see Dotch and Roony have some heavier rain down that way. With tge prime days going on we grabbed a "Ring" doorbell system,  only 40 bucks.  Kinda neat , Glenn should probably have one to see tge incoming oozing boxes from Dotchland  ;)  :rotflmao:  Anywho hopefully I can grill up some kaboobs later without getting too wet... See ya!!
:confused: :tut: :rotflmao: no thanks I don't wanna know what he sends  :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He'll figure it out after the dogs roll in it... :happy1:

Rainfall update: Somewhere north of 2" so far here. Not done yet so won't make an official measurement until tomorrow a.m. Buddy of mine sent me a text from their place on Lake Francis by Elysian. 5.75" there so far. Like I told another friend, See? It pays to sacrifice virgins!  :evil: 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
He'll figure it out after the dogs roll in it... :happy1:

Rainfall update: Somewhere north of 2" so far here. Not done yet so won't make an official measurement until tomorrow a.m. Buddy of mine sent me a text from their place on Lake Francis by Elysian. 5.75" there so far. Like I told another friend, See? It pays to sacrifice virgins!  :evil:
That's my problem.  No virgins.   You got all those virgin sheep...   We have .08 on my gauge which sits on the table next to my weber.   Supposed to get like an inch but they changed their minds...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 icoulda peed on my deck and got it more wet then the rain we had!!!!!!!!!!!! and no beer was involved either!!!!! :confused: :doah:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just talked to the warden, 1.4 inches at home. 5+ inches of rain at one time is not good. It just poured west of Janesville on my wat to work.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear you got some rain roony. You guys were getting the short end of the stick, sorta like they were over by Waldorf. Looks like one more band to go, still west of Mapleton yet. Maybe that one will get to you del. Waiting to fire up the grill. Think I'll do some of the new flavored cooked brats once it decides what it's gonna do. In the meantime, drinking my Father's Day present. Enjoying it too I might add... :happy1: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rocker; :blues brothers: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: ITS RAINING HERE!!; :bow: :bow: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :Hunter:
« Last Edit: June 06/26/21, 09:47:45 PM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  basically no rain here...  and it sounds more like a wash out in the SW part of the state...  crazy for sure..  we got maybe 30 rain drops yesterday..  says a chance of rain again today, doesn't look like it to me..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 63* for us while on our way to 76*. Grabbed a rain jacket & went for a boat ride yday a little after 9 hopin I'd coax some more rain outta ol' Mother Nature but nadda. Looked like .3" in the gauge yet this mornin, so nothin overnight here. :pouty: Gonna be another roll with it type day here, have a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike..........thats crazy. we got an inch of rain overnight. you can almost watch the grass turn green this morning. it quit shortly after i posted that last night, but was i shocked to see that this morning. my rain water buckets are pretty full!!!!!!! glenn happy!!!!1 so is garden!!!!

morning fellers............ not sure whats on the agenda for today. maybe get a bit more serious on getting ready to head north wed morning.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Toasty and dry here. Already 70ish heading for 80s today. Moved the dock over some yesterday to give more room to get trailer down the ramp. Went out in the boat for a little while too. Then came in cause wifey was worried about a storm brewing to the north. Came in and put the boat on the used roller trailer. Worked like I hoped. Just need to do a little fine tuning. Now we are able to launch off of our own ramp. Today who knows what we will do. Go with the flow kinda day. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 63* for us while on our way to 76*. Grabbed a rain jacket & went for a boat ride yday a little after 9 hopin I'd coax some more rain outta ol' Mother Nature but nadda. Looked like .3" in the gauge yet this mornin, so nothin overnight here. :pouty: Gonna be another roll with it type day here, have a good 1!!
maybe you need to go over to INGER and join in on a few rain dance ceremonies with your lady friends!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :happybounce: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We got a total of 1.65" here, Hopefully some of the corn will recover. Looks like I'll be mowing on Tuesday after my weekend stint at work.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. I have lots to do but feeling real energetic yet.  I have some brush I want to trim up today and seed some more lettuce.  Other than that take it easy today. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. 2.31" officially at the ranch. 3" by Waldorf where they've been shortchanged a few times. 2.53" in the Bugtussle gauge earlier but there was a shower that passed thru there afterwards. Helped get the sheep handling system set up yesterday. A little more elaborate than what I'm used to but for what it costs, it better be. Took more moving other crap around than it did to set it up. Hopefully it cuts down on the need for colorful language. Heading to an auction in a bit. The guy who had the station & shop in Hartland is selling out. He's also a car club member so will show our support. Nam vet who saw some rough stuff from what I can gather. Good guy.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/27/21, 02:00:27 PM by Dotch »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They got a quarter inch at my land.  Things are looking pretty good as they go two quarter inch rain days apart two weeks ago which kept the hay fields watered.  I mowed a half acre plot which I will spray in a few weeks before planting. Hay and other plants were still growing vigorously.

Yesterday I found this 4 leaf clover and took it as a good omen for rain.  Worked a little bit. 

Easy to see the hay crop is not hurting yet. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***