Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4943707 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. 2.31" officially at the ranch. 3" by Waldorf where they've been shortchanged a few times. Haven't read the Bugtussle gauge yet but will sometime today. Helped get the sheep handling system set up yesterday. A little more elaborate than what I'm used to but for what it costs, it better be. Took more moving other crap around than it did to set it up. Hopefully it cuts down on the need for colorful language. Heading to an auction in a bit. The guy who had the station & shop in Hartland is selling out. He's also a car club member so will show our support. Nam vet who saw some rough stuff from what I can gather. Good guy.  :happy1:

Hartland, haven't heard that name in a long time!!!   good luck to your friend!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 63* for us while on our way to 76*. Grabbed a rain jacket & went for a boat ride yday a little after 9 hopin I'd coax some more rain outta ol' Mother Nature but nadda. Looked like .3" in the gauge yet this mornin, so nothin overnight here. :pouty: Gonna be another roll with it type day here, have a good 1!!
maybe you need to go over to INGER and join in on a few rain dance ceremonies with your lady friends!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :happybounce: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:
  :rolleyes: :tut: They're already busy gettin ready for the big party on Wednesday.  :sleazy: :pouty:                                                        ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: why, what you got planned with them on Wednesday. :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here heading for around 80 today. It is cloudy and looked like it might rain, but nothing  :pouty:. Maybe ome day we will get a decent rain. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
beautiful friday night sunset,red sky was brilliant,nice sunrise this morning,well needed soaking rain yesterday brought the yard back to lush green,thick air this morning but the sun is up,got that goin for us.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 63 here this morning and looking at 80 today..  got a few rain drops yesterday but measurable...  saying might get some today..  other than that I only have a few things going on today so an easy day..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 64* last I looked & headed for the mid 70's, they're sayin. It's lookin like rain here too & radar's sayin it will be startin anytime now. We had another shower last night ~ 6:30 that lasted nearly 45 minutes so we must've gotten another .1-.2" outtta that. :happy1: Headed for GR today as my brother has a dental appt. 'Bout it for now, hopin your Monday's a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The deck is wet.   :happy1:  The dogs came in wet too.  It has been sprinkling for awhile now.  No amounts but is great to just see wet.  SO I have to wait awhile before I go out and do much.  That's ok too.  Had filet mignons last night from the tenderloins I bought.  The are great.  I should actually go buy another one.  LOL  We went for a nice boat ride yesterday too.  Was a nice evening for it. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........frontline is on the hounds.......finish getting stuff organized and i'm outta here tomorrow morning.  :happy1: :happy1:

yea there talking rain here to, i'd like to run over the lawn before i leave...we shall see.  :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure what's happening right now....  I have what appears to be some sort of liquid on the windows and patio doors...  might have to send out for samples... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure what's happening right now....  I have what appears to be some sort of liquid on the windows and patio doors...  might have to send out for samples...
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: noticed that also this morning. Might be heavy due. My rain buckets are dry

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
light rain shower went by us..  done already and not very wet...   :doofus:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. .11" of rain at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. & .62" in Bugtussle. Likely more on tap over the next couple days. Crops are loving life. So are the weeds and the lawns. I was getting kinda fond of not mowing.  :sad: Looked like the auction turned out fairly good for the folks down in Hartland. Had to leave before it was over to load some lambs. Got to try out the new handling system. It should save a lot of bumps and bruises & cut down on colorful language.  :angel:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
No rain here yesterday but it looks like another good chance of it late afternoon and evening. Another nice rain would be great.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,recent news had a clip about bald eagles killing sheep on a idaho farmer's farm,claimed the eagles picked off 54 sheep...do you have issues with predator's on your farm? curious.

A large eagle nest has existed on his property for more than 20 years, but the birds have never affected his farming operations. Currently, the nest is home to two adults and at least two babies.

“They’ve never crossed paths till this year,” he said.

Since the first death, Matthews has lost an estimated $7,500 in revenue from 54 dead lambs.

“The damage under the hide is a hundredfold from what you see on the exterior,” Matthews said.

In one day, Matthews lost seven lambs.

“I truly think he was just honing his skills because you don’t kill seven of them out of need, ” he said of the eagle.
« Last Edit: June 06/28/21, 12:17:32 PM by snow1 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Birds is pretty smart.  I reckon that once an eagle figured out that it could take out lambs - not its natural prey - it was game on.   And now all the little eaglets will learn how to do it too.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they moved the sheep to other pastures far away from the nesting areas the article stated...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Vell.... Lotz of thunder, no rain just yet but radar looks like we are gonna get hit. Knocked out the dish  now I gotta talk to the wife  :confused: :rolleyes: think she said something about leaving tonight yet  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nothing here but the radar looks like you will get some rain and more maybe

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a nice rain, pretty much done for now

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here heading for 83 toady and still dry as a popcorn fart. Youz guys down south get all the rain. Wife did some mow lawning last night and I cut up some trees for camp fire wood that we had knocked down this spring. Not much else here, just need to get thru another day at the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning gents/ladies....well needed rain last night cooled things down quickly,little sticky this morning,lite rain passing thru,looks like on/off rain till noon in some area's.

good day to be above ground.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got a rain shower about 530 this morning and another about 10 minutes ago..  they are short and not lots of rain but better than nothing...  63 this morning and going towards 80.. muggy already too..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Bright sunny morning here.  Better get my stuff done early before it gets too hot.  We had 5 nice big radishes out of our garden last night.  That is a first for us.  We planted them last year but they didn't turn out to well.  SO will water the garden this morning also.  I envy youse with the rain.  Gonna be 90 on Sat near Blackduck on Sat.  93 here.  Ouch!
« Last Edit: June 06/29/21, 07:31:14 AM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 62* starting our day & we're shootin for ~ 80*. Some sprinkles here yday as we're leavin for town but they disappeared by the time we got 1/2 way there, neighbor said he only had .02". Pretty busy  everywhere we stopped in GR yday, bet it'll get worse as the weeks goes on too. Went out :fishing: last night, only a couple little perch, but sure was really nice out there. :happy1: :cool: Need to mow, boat could use some fuel too. That's it from these parts, have a good 1.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Guys,   Beautiful morning here in Wakemup Village on scenic Lake Vermilion...
Finally got the computer hooked up and online.    They finished installing new boatlift yesterday afternoon so got boat in water.  Did some weed whacking.   Mowing is done.   
Getting ready for some  :fish2: :fish2:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got home from Emmaville yesterday morning. Had about .2" in the rain gauge here. We got a nice shot of rain in Hubbard Co. Sunday night and it was still raining when I left yesterday morning all the way to Wadena. I shot all three days in Bemidji, pretty tried (and sore) by Sunday afternoon after 900 targets, but was lucky enough to make a couple of bucks. Need to wash up the golf cart and load it, then get things ready to go camping on Thursday. Have a great day, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Another .47" of rain at the ranch with .28" in Bugtussle. Got the fertilizer spread on my hay ground just ahead of it so felt fortunate there. It was just dry enough so I could drive the south patch without getting stuck in the wet spots, provided I went downhill. What a difference a couple weeks makes. When we baled it, you could've tossed a match in the windrows and it would've went poof! Never seen hay dry that fast. On today's agenda, finish an article and see if I can get the organ donor car to the glass guy & get that removed. Make it less hospitable for raccoons, etc. Mrs. Cheviot took off this a.m. so lots of possibilities. After I saw thru the leftovers, we'll do some serious grilling.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats markn,900rds? you reloading or find a honey hole of ammo? did you better your average last week or get a punch? what class you shooting in?I noticed a couple old timmer's I use to shoot with dropped from A class to C  class and took a reduction in yardage(sand baggers) just for a belt buckle....hahaha.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like about 3/10 of an inch of rain this morning...   :happy1: