Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901553 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE SO - ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
After a decent rain on Saturday we have been in a dry slot again with  just .09 last night. It seems as if it rains all around us and not too far away either. I'm thankful for what we got but its hard not to be a bit envious of others. Sounds like the monsoon season has ended for a while and hot weather is coming back.
Gonna go see mom and then do some mowing.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats markn,900rds? you reloading or find a honey hole of ammo? did you better your average last week or get a punch? what class you shooting in?I noticed a couple old timmer's I use to shoot with dropped from A class to C  class and took a reduction in yardage(sand baggers) just for a belt buckle....hahaha.

Snow, shooting Ammon I bought two years ago at $45.00 a flat. Was at AAA until a 92 jumped out at me on Sunday. 22 yards for handicap, been there for ever, class c for doubles. I’m trying to shoot more handicap and doubles because I’m starting to find 16s boring. Here’s a picture I took of that 1100 I bought.
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I love the lines of the 1100, and that is a nice piece of wood!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
markn nice wood on the 1100,my field grade is just plain ole walnut,not near that pretty,how does she cycle for doubles?,seen many semi's hic-up on second shot in doubles,singles do ya use a shell catcher or suffer the stink eye from the line? lol old timers can get testy sometimes on the line,I  don't see a raised comb or monte carlo stock is she a flat shooter?

back in my trap days practice ammo was $28- $30 /flat,cheapy estate,sometimes rio,and gun club registerd ammo I shot was gold metal paper $45/flat,miss the smell of paper hulls on the line.

Your lucky to have a stash of ammo.good luck next week

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow and Steve; its an 1100 Sporting Clays and that’s why the stock height on the rib and no Monte Carlo stock. Which is fine because I’m left handed and cut my teeth shooting 870s. Using it for sporting clays, shot doubles with it on Friday for fun. Got an 84 should have had a 90.... maybe. I do have a shell catcher but no plans on shooting any more registered targets with it....for now. As far as the “stink eye” from other shooters. Tough darts. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 here going for the mid 80's today..  what a day yesterday, just glad it's over and all is good!!!  but I still managed to get a few things done!!!  going to Alex this morning and get a few things!!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 Here this AM heading for upper 80s today. Saying maybe a chance of rain, but I won't believe it until it happens. Just going to keep getting hotter. Chit ton of May Flies on the patio this morning. I think they are in full swing now. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Gonna do some mowing today.  I don't think I will mow the entire yard jus the green spots.  Some rain would be nice but like JB, I will believe it when I see it.  Gonna be a hot weekend.  Fri, Sat, Sun well into the 90's.  Ouch.  That is survival weather.  Will have to stay hydrated!  Sprayed weeds yesterday.  That will kick in with the heat! 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Heading up to the land to spray the food plots.  Any day is a good day at the land.   :azn:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 60* early when I went out for a boat ride & it appears that the low 80's is gonna be the high today. I got ~ 80% of my mowin done yday & I'm not certain :confused: I'll even touch the rest 'til they start talkin about some more rain. Heard from glenn yday around 5:30 & it sounded like he'd just got off his mower. Got a couple little things in my sights for today to start, after that we'll see. :scratch: Hopin your Wednesday's a good day!
« Last Edit: June 06/30/21, 08:12:27 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to slip in a quick round of sporting clays this morning and then get some running around done to get some more stuff for camper and then mow a corner of the yard that is in a low spot. That should be enough for the day. Later.....  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Got the '59 Stude organ donor hauled to the glass man yesterday afternoon. Be nice to get the windows taken out of it before a hail storm decides to do it for me. Crops are taking off like a rocket. Corn looks like it's grown a foot since Monday. Mosquitoes are nasty in the corn and towards evening around the yard. They were just starting to let up before the rain. Weeded cukes then looked at the squash & decided I'd fed the bugs long enough. HH.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Back home after spraying three 1/2 acre plots, one 3/4 acre plot and two other small plots. Everything was going good until I got to a small plot across the trestle bridge and discovered I was missing the power cord for my sprayer.  Somehow I had lost it on my way.  Should be no problem to find it except I had driven over 3/4 of a mile through grass and overgrown trails.  I backtracked slowly all the way without finding it.  On my way out again I would park the wheeler and walk ahead and back then repeat.  Good new is I found it about 250 yards into my search.   :bonk: 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like my day yesterday!!!   glad ya found it!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  just got done doing the mess around in the garden, looks like I could take a few jalapenos and some gold zookini but I'll wait a day or so for some weekend treats. Last weekend's rain and fertilizer sure got things back on track, I should be mow lawnin as we speak but gots no gas so that'll be tomorrow's adventure.  All that trap shootin talk sure brings it back, shootin and playing ball on the same nights got hectic but I sure do miss it all, sucks getting old. Anywho gotta fly..See ya!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Hotter and hotter it gets. 70 to start the day at our place heading for the mid 80s today. Breeze off of the lake kept us warmer last night. Last Saturday out in the boat the surface temp was 77. Pretty warm for the big pond. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yes hotter and hotter Jb!!  67 here going for the mid 80's again..  sounds like the boys will be here to install the new central air,,,  that will be great...  the portable AC unit is helping but it isn't the same...  got a few things going on today but will not be over doing it outside..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers,agreed JB, HOT-n-sticky at sunrise,started using the headlights this morning as we slowly lose our daylight.was thinking of heading to the farm today but with no a/c yet and forcasted temps in the triple digits,taking a pass plus I  don't trust the local teenage terrorist already blowing off sky bombs and other fireworks.good day to all.local  price of gas in town here hit 3.09/gal yesterday,last summer it was $1.75/gal....uffda!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to finish packing camper this morning and head out after that. The campground we go to isn't on a lake, but has a very nice pool. Thinks I may be spending some time in it. Stopped at my beverage store yesterday and they didn't have my favorite beverage on hand. Ran out and don't know when they will get any back in stock. May have to start hoarding beer, if I find any. Stay cool, later..... :happy1: :happy1:

mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 63 here on the river this morning JB.  I can see the smoke from the Canada fires is making things hazy.  Maybe it will keep the sunlight dampened some.  There have been times when we don't want to go camping cuz it is too hot.  I could buy another Honda gen to pair with the one we have but to spend $1200+ for the second one is hard to swallow.  That is the only time we would use it too.  SO I had this thought yesterday.  Get one of those portable AC's like Mike is using for in the camper and could even use it in the garage for some help.  May not be big enough to really cool it down but may help.  Roony you could even use it in a tent.  :rotflmao: :happy1: Yes I am off to Menards today to get one.  They are $3-4 hundos.  ??  I see most of them use under 1500 watts so would work with a 2000 watt generator.  Just have to watch what else we are using or shut off ac when using the microwave which we hardly ever use.  I am looking forward to it.  I may ask Glenn to subsidize this since we will be meeting him this weekend.  Think it will work?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  No way.  LOL   Well see ya all later.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 64* when I came in  :fishing: & 83* will be our high, they're sayin. Got a couple things I started yday that could use some more attention, pretty sure :scratch: I won't get to both early today. :rolleyes: Neighbor showed me pics of a doe with 3 fawns on the edge of his driveway & movin our way when he came home from town yday pm. :cool: No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Went back to watering my stuff in the garden this morning. To my dismay the deer, all of a sudden, took a liking to my cucumbers and pretty much destroyed them. I am starting to consider them just another varmint, never use to have them in the yard here in my youth. The cukes were looking pretty dang good too. Hopefully they will grow back. A good spray of liquid fence is on the agenda nightly. A good spray of bird shot is under consideration.  :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:
« Last Edit: July 07/01/21, 09:28:25 AM by roony »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the fellers are here working on the new AC..  old one is out and now get the new one in place... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Got El Capitan mowed last nite after chores so was happy to get that done. Gets pretty long down in the bottom sometimes if I don't keep after it. Thawing a couple half legs of lamb for a get together on Sat. Gin supply is listing badly again so may have to rectify that in the meantime. Saw some tracks in the garden yesterday. Judging by their size it looked like a lamb was out. Long way from the other sheep so fawn was my bet. Deer are thick here too. Hardly a day goes by that I don't see one. They haven't messed with the vine crops, yet. Likely they'd eat the string beans first anyway. I've got 15 hills of cukes. Auntie Mar Mar wanted to make pickles & we enjoy them fresh. If the deer & everything else leave them alone, you're certainly welcome to some roony. 2 kinds, Green Dragon burpless & Muncher.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Dotch, I'm still holding out hope for mine. They munched on all 8 hills. Looks like they tool a bite of a zucchini leaf but didn't like it. I might have to trade you some venison for cukes.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yippee!!!   I have central AC again!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here this AM heading for 90s today.  :puke: 90s the next 3 days is what the forecast says. Da smoke in da air made the sun mighty red this morning. Was pretty cool reflecting off of the calm water. Hope to get some fishing time in this weekend and some  :campfire: and :toast: While we watch da fireworks. Just need to get thru 1 more day at the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning on this fine morning,little warm already at 65 degrees,forcast low 90's today and tomorrow,neighborhood was ablaze last night,folks just had to try out the new sky bombs,feel sorry for folks with high strung doggo's.

safe weekend to all.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 here and going for the 90's here too..  and Jb I agree with you  :puke:   got a few things to do today but nothing to over the top outside..  Barry did you get the portable AC unit for the camper???  I think that will work very good there!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1: