Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902362 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. 1.06" of rain yesterday at the ranch & 1.02" in Bugtussle. Got a call this a.m. from the neighbor whilst I was in the oval office. Said their cattle were out and might've knocked my fence down south of the house. Checked it by the barn to see if it was charging & it was. Whew! After chores I made a closer inspection & found no sign they'd messed with it. Walked around out back and found the ewe flock. They looked up at me and went back to grazing. All was well. When I went to town I could see mud & cow chit all over the road. Ah, chasing critters when they get out. Good times.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
always good fun chasing them down!!   :thumbs:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Few things make my blood boil like animals that are constantly trying to get out & won't stay in. They're short-timers at the ranch. I don't need that aggravation.  :angry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHZmVHSP7A 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
another heavy air/haze morning out the door,59 degrees with a beautiful sunrise,got that goin for us,have a great weekend folks....

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here too and humid..  again going for 85..  got a few things done yesterday and have a few more today..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
mornin all, 59 here too and humid..  again going for 85..  got a few things done yesterday and have a few more today..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
morning fellers.........went out to the old campground to visit friends, took a  cruise around the lake. was an enjoyable afternoon. think it was the first time ever i spent more then a couple hours there without drinking a beer!!!!!!!! :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

got a few projects in mind for this morning, nuttin to strenious, so........then head up to Richmond........they are having there town days this weekend,,,river lake days!!!! i see they have a turkey leg stand.....i'm on it!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: check out a few garage sales and go from there.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 63* when I came in :fishing: & I'm hearin 83* will be the high. Had 3  :fish2:, 1 little perch & 2 eyes/ 1 was too little & the other was in the slot. Still a gorgeous sunrise. Never made it in the lake yday so I'll start down there today. I better run, hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Glad I got the last of the rootworm beetle traps put out yesterday. Corn is in full pollination mode. Lots of pollen & mosquitoes. Not a lot of beetles tho. :scratch: Lawn is growing like mad. Finished the backyard last nite. Now I gotta start over on the main part again. Tonite after chores, mebbe get the push mower out to trim some of the tight spots, then have some medicinal therapy & grill something after that. Dew comes on so early lately all it does is gum up the mower deck anyway. That's my story & I'm stickin' to it.  :angel:
« Last Edit: July 07/16/21, 09:13:50 AM by Dotch »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got some great news this morning. The trusses, lumber and steel for my garage will be here on Tuesday. With the heat next week they said they may only work until 2:00 or so, don't care fine with me. It's getting done. Going to finish coffee, load up my clothes in the camper and head out. Later.....  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys from federal dam. Just been hanging and chilling here with the kids and grandkids since Wednesday afternoon. About 70 and humid this AM. The beer is cold and that is the important thing. Time to cook some breakfast for the gang. Then we might take a boat trip over to Walker later. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like the Canadian border may be getting closer to opening. From my brother's overnite news info:

“Canada Prime Minister Trudeau said the border between the US and Canada could reopen in August to those fully vaccinated for COVID.”

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
read that too, we will see... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Also heard it bouncing back from a friend on the Canadian side of the border not too long ago. Yup, not holding my breath. Am sure Trudeau's feeling the heat from the tourism industry, as well he should.  It's a major part of their economy especially in the provinces from Ontario on west. And the US is by far the largest player.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here and going to the upper 80's..  hazy still here from the firers..  going to be a easy day I think..  I have nothing pressing going on!!  biggest thing will be smoking the tri tip roast today!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 63* early here & goin for 86*. Messed around in the lake a bit yday am as the lift got moved a bit closer to the dock & quite a bit deeper. We took the neighbor along with us to the meat raffle last night & I won. :happy1: :cool: We all won a free round too! :toast: No plans, yet, for today so a roll with it kinda day it will be. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......... other then trying to keep the garden alive, pretty easy day today. went up to river lake days and had my turkey leg.  :happy1: :happy1: it was smoked and pretty darn tasty. back for seconds today..........momma wants me to bring some home!!!!!! she also got on my case about getting some and smoking my own!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao:

guess the heat wave and no rain forecast starts out today!!!!!!! we got our water bill yesterday and i was surprised, in a good way,  :happy1: didnt have to go get a loan!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 63* early here & goin for 86*. Messed around in the lake a bit yday am as the lift got moved a bit closer to the dock & quite a bit deeper. We took the neighbor along with us to the meat raffle last night & I won. :happy1: :cool: We all won a free round too! :toast: No plans, yet, for today so a roll with it kinda day it will be. Have a good day.
your getting to be a regular social butterfly up there aint yea!!!!!!! :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

some day i may have to check that meat raffle out!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 70 here at Federal Dam this AM. Not even sure how hot it is supposed to be today. Haven't looked at the forecast. I just know to hot. Guessing the grandkids will want to do some tubing and skiing today. So will probably be a play in the lake kind of day. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
your getting to be a regular social butterfly up there aint yea!!!!!!! :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

you do know you have to buy the tickets right????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

you do know you have to buy the tickets right????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :banghead: :banghead: :crazy: well yea!!!!!!!!! i buy the ticket...........gunner buys the beer!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well yea!!!!!!!!! i buy the ticket...........gunner buys the beer!!!!!!!!

well good luck with that!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Got all the garbage hauled out after chores. Ran the push mower last nite and got all the nooks and crannies cleaned up. Will be mowing lawn once the dew comes off which probably won't be until after lunch. After I get it fueled up & clean out under the deck, I could make a FF run. Or I could do my best glenn impression & just putz... :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Got all the garbage hauled out after chores. Ran the push mower last nite and got all the nooks and crannies cleaned up. Will be mowing lawn once the dew comes off which probably won't be until after lunch. After I get it fueled up & clean out under the deck, I could make a FF run. Or I could do my best glenn impression & just putz... :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: your finally getting it  :happy1: if more of you clowns here would be more like me, this world would be in better shape. :happy1: :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Well there would be a lot more fish in our lakes anyway.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well my tater salad and tri tip roast came out very good!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea, no pictures didn't happen. :pouty: :confused: :evil:

Leech made me. :smoking: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea, no pictures didn't happen. :pouty: :confused: :evil:

Leech made me. :smoking: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

I hear ya!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here again going for 86 again...  repeat weather...  managed to get several things done yesterday, so a good day!!  even sold a dock ramp I had extra..  sooo when I made the tater salad yesterday I added a small amount of liquid smoke, man did that really up the taste!!  almost like I used smoked taters!!!  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. After breakfast it's time to attack the garden while it's still cool enough to stand it. Did some yesterday but it was later morning. Was wringing wet when I quit. After that mebbe a trip to FF & Cashwise for supplies. That last 1.75 is at a half tank... :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........well another river lake days in richmond is in the rear view mirror!!!!!!!! i even watched most of the parade!!!!!! :rolleyes: dont think i've watched a parade in 20 years. pretty impressed by the the different nearby towns that put some of there fire and rescue equipment in it.  :happy1: :happy1: might be another 20 years before i watch another one though. sitting for the parade started my son made a comment that really made me think.........he said.......just think last year NONE of this happened..... man where there people there.

so i supported a few organazations this weekend........2 different fire depts  and the richmond area hockey assoc. with the purchase of a few beers and the turkey legs!!! :happy1: not sure who i supported with the cheese curds though  :scratch: :scratch:!!!!!!  got to see and visit with a few people that i havent seen in a while too!!!!! :happy1:

oh yea..........the weather the next 7 to 10 days is really going to suck!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :angry2: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: