Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902840 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys, 66 here this morning heading for 78 today. Getting some rain in Warroad this AM. Back in the salt mines. Boy the smoke was so heavy last night that we had to shut the windows because the wife was having trouble breathing. Better this morning but can still see it in the air. Debating on whether or not to go to the Effie Rodeo this coming weekend. Well, have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys, 66 here this morning heading for 78 today. Getting some rain in Warroad this AM. Back in the salt mines. Boy the smoke was so heavy last night that we had to shut the windows because the wife was having trouble breathing. Better this morning but can still see it in the air. Debating on whether or not to go to the Effie Rodeo this coming weekend. Well, have a good one boys.

Geez  JB,that sucks,heavy smoke haze down here,hopefully the rain will help clean the air up,hope so....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 67* for us & on our way to 81*, I'm hearin. We're under a Dense Fog Advisory until ten & the smoke is so heavy here I could smell it when I was out earlier. I didn't get much hurt put on our weeds yday as it started raining just about the time I went down to the lake & that's OK. Did get a couple more  :fish2: last night but both(26" & almost 18") were in the slot. :cool: A couple little things to start & from there who knows. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1!   
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Smoke is even reaching down here. Making for some great sunsets and a smoky orangeish moon last few nites.
« Last Edit: July 07/20/21, 08:56:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morn rebby ya ol knucklehead yu!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Very hazy! Can hardly see the lake, and can smell the smoke.
And yes, welcome back Reb!
« Last Edit: July 07/20/21, 08:16:24 AM by Cooperman »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup hazy here too.  Got a shot of rain too.  Just enough so I can't mow the weeds for awhile.  The lawn is looking pretty bad.  Hope it greens up some now.  We too couldn't have our windows open last night.  Well have a good one.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morn rebby ya ol knucklehead yu!

Why thank you! Dat me!  :bonk:  Morning, Mr. Boar!
« Last Edit: July 07/20/21, 08:55:21 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
And we’re off. This mornings garage picture. Should be done Friday, maybe Monday. Later .... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 80's. Haze here too. Probably keeping it from getting any hotter here than it is. Oh well, at least it's humid and miserable for creatures not in AC including moi. Need to venture into the corn to remove & replace a couple series of sticky traps after lunch. Luckily the beetles on those removed can be counted in air conditioned comfort. Also need to send some soybean plant samples to the diagnostic lab for confirmation of phytophthora root rot. The symptoms are textbook but the seed company is trying to claim it's rhizoctonia. Not even close.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very hazy! Can hardly see the lake, and can smell the smoke.
And yes, welcome back Reb!

Wow...and now, even for us, way down here in the banana belt.....

..AIR QUALITY ALERT FOR ROCHESTER IS IN EFFECT FROM 12 PM CDT TODAY THROUGH 6 AM CDT THURSDAY...

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Smoke from wildfires in Ontario and Manitoba
is expected to mix down to the ground over northern Wisconsin and
move into central and southeast Minnesota this afternoon. Fine
particle levels are expected to reach the Orange AQI category, a
level that is considered unhealthy for sensitive groups, today across
central and southeast Minnesota and remain in the Orange AQI category
tomorrow. Fine particle levels will begin to improve across the state
beginning Wednesday evening as winds will begin to move the smoke out
of the state. By Thursday morning air quality should be improved
below alert levels statewide
« Last Edit: July 07/20/21, 05:13:53 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hard to believe the smoke carries so far.  Looks like light fog here.  Just went for a boat ride and looks like fog on the river. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pulled this pic off The Mille Lacs webcam at Lyback's the other day, early evening.
« Last Edit: July 07/20/21, 05:17:53 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  only been on the big pond once when the lake laid down.  Well momma went and got the shot, pretty much had no choice with the office opening back up,  sounds like some separation if you didn't get it yet. My company could care less it seems,  but the heck with it, just hate being told I need it. I've done the flue shot for years, I guess what's another..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well maybe the side affects will get you to drink better 🍺🍻 :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya Bobber, about what I did..  mass hysteria!!  oh well........    :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys from the smoky wonderland. 66 here this morning heading for mid 70s. Only made 70 for a high yesterday. I liked it.  :happy1: Smoke is supposed to get worse here later in the day. May get some rain mid day too. I hope so. Look forward to more pics of the garage project Mark. Always like to see project pics.  :happy1: Well boys, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin feller's,gloomy sunrise again today,hazy heavy air,you guyz up north still gettin a snoot full of smoke I see,bad deal,you need a good stiff NW wind/rain to flush it out,hope for the best.

good day to all,be safe.

mark looks good,your plan is coming together,are you putting a course of block down to keep the structure elevated off the floor or putting a 2x6 plate down around the perimeter.curious about your plan of attack.

Down here the cost for a 2x4 stud is $6 each hope you have material connections up there.
« Last Edit: July 07/21/21, 06:55:12 AM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all; 64 and hazy humid to start..  did get a few things done yesterday but slow and easy outside..  looks like the air pressure sensors in my truck might be all messed up.. put air in the RR tire and the RF showed an air increase!!!  the rear didn't change...  oh well..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all; 64 and hazy humid to start..  did get a few things done yesterday but slow and easy outside..  looks like the air pressure sensors in my truck might be all messed up.. put air in the RR tire and the RF showed an air increase!!!  the rear didn't change...  oh well..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Mike,not a big deal regarding your trucks tire air pressure sensor,must be a GM truck as this occurs often,stop by your local GM shop,service advisor will re-calibrate the sensor's for you easy peasy fix,a no charge operation at my shop and only takes a couple minutes to do.

FYI

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Mike,not a big deal regarding your trucks tire air pressure sensor,must be a GM truck as this occurs often,stop by your local GM shop,service advisor will re-calibrate the sensor's for you easy peasy fix,a no charge operation at my shop and only takes a couple minutes to do.

FYI

yup Chevy, I check it out!!!   thanks!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had a good chance for a shower or two last night but not a drop.  Like JB said more chances today.  My fingers are crossed.  Will head all of the way to town today and pay some bills and pick up supplies.  The dogs like that. When they are happy I am happy.  Kind of like it works with the wife.  LOL  The shed must be an exciting project Markn.  I am envious.  You all have a good day. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........cloudy and not to bad here. says a high if 81 today. hope the sun says under all day. garden plants would love it.

not sure what the plan of attack is yet......other then a good Dotch power nap!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 61* early on & it's lookin like the upper 70's will be the top. Boy was it hazy out on the lake last night & we're under another AQA again today. :pouty: It wasn't much as I SEE NOTHING  ;) in the gauges but it appears like we got a few sprinkles overnight. :happy1: :cool: Headed to GR here in a bit, have good day boys.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's a picture from last night. I can't take any credit for it's building. I'm having a contractor doing it. My work starts when they're done and there was some prior to putting it up (clearing a ton of trees and brush). Shelves, work bench, electrical, landscaping and all of that stuff I will be doing so Aug. looks busy. Snow, they are putting a treated 2x6 plate straight on the slab. Douglas Co. requires a 12" by 16" footing with two rebar below the 4" slab. That's why I'm sneaking off for my July league round of sporting clays and golf today. Have a great day all, later....... :happy1: :happy1: 
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. 69* and an unreal thick smoky haze here predicted for the next couple of days.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well off to Alex to get a few things!!! 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking good Markn.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Markn,you must have a good supply of target ammo you lucky dog,I've been holding off shooting as I can't get re-supplied on target loads.

Tell ya what when I  built my over sized garage years ago I knew whatever I  built wouldn't be big enough,luckly I  have a 60x100 pole barn as well,I decided to put a row of 12" block down to keep the plate off the floor to minumize rotting over the years from moisture,I did the cement finish work as I was in the trades as a finisher,2" pitch from back to front for mid winter snow melt.one thing I decided to do and dang glad I did it was usining "storage trusses" to untilize attack space 10' ceiling 6x12 roof pitch,steel roof,snow slides right off,but just ain't big enough,my buddy told me whatever I build it won't be big enough,he was spot on...as we age we collect more stuff/toys,never ending,pole barn is full as well,never know what ya might need some day so put it in a corner...