Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901111 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 70 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Hazy here but can't smell the smoke. Relative humidity hangs in there altho it was comfortable doing chores. Not so much in the corn fields yesterday afternoon. Get all sweaty and covered with corn anthers & pollen. Look like one of those Hostess snowballs when you come out of there. At least the mosquitoes weren't as bad this trip thru. Studebaker is getting some surgery done today. Hopefully it cures the major oil leak. If not we go on to plan B or C.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The smoke in the air seems to be affecting me today, sore throat and slightly short of breath. Looks like we have a chance of rain Friday night. Hope so!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. 69* and an unreal thick smoky haze here predicted for the next couple of days.
Speak of the Devil.............  He's alive!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sure you didn't sneak a few of those Pall Mall's Art?  :scratch: I saw the rain chances too at 40% for Friday nite. 50% over in Reb & Delbert land.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The smoke in the air seems to be affecting me today, sore throat and slightly short of breath. Looks like we have a chance of rain Friday night. Hope so!

I'm feeling the same way Roony.  I seem to clear my throat some anyways and the smoke sure isn't helping. Had a little sore throat yesterday.   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here, been clearing my throat a bunch last night and today.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Been hawking up corn pollen loogies for a while so it's kinda hard to tell if the smoke has had much impact... :scratch:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Momma and I went out and picked blueberries this morning. :sleazy: :evil: :rolleyes: this is half of the 40 lbs  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Uffda. :doah: went out to work with shadow a bit. Sun popped out and did it get sticky. :puke:

Time to pull a Dotch and take a nap. :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey! Don't you have some smurfberries to eat?  :tut:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

just got back from riding the bike and I seen some blue sky!!!!  but it is warm out!!  talked to the tire shop and they are going to take care of the tire sensors tomorrow after my doctor appt...  one down one to go..  check engine light in the car...  emissions I'm guessing..  next tuesday for that...  get them done...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Momma and I went out and picked blueberries this morning. :sleazy: :evil: :rolleyes: this is half of the 40 lbs  :happy1:

so what shade of blue is your mouth???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

so what shade of blue is your mouth???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
not telling. :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey! Don't you have some smurfberries to eat?  :tut:
why yes, yes I do. :sleazy: :mooning:

And I now have done both  :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 70 this morning and humid, going for 90, yuk!!  Doctor appt. this morning and then get the tire sensors fixed in the truck. then wash the truck!!  got a few other things to do but will see how hot it gets..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here this morning heading for high 80s today. Barely made 70 the last 2 days. I liked it. In the last 24 hours we had .11" of rain. Jack Sheet. They got 3/4" in Warroad here. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed mike,hot and steamy out the door already,however lite showers here feels good.heading to mid 90's today,less smoke after a nice east wind last night.

good day to all

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........this heat is getting really flippin old. alot of towns in the area are getting stricter watering bans. not much planned for the day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
The patio was wet this morning, like a heavy dew that's all we got for rain. Going to help out at the senior fish fry this afternoon at the fairgrounds. Our local sportsmen group does it. Probably bring a couple large bottles of water with too. Looks like some steel may go up today on the garage. Here's the picture from last night. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We finally got some rain this morning.  About .3".  We have puddles in the driveway.  Been awhile.  More possible later today, will believe it when I see it.  Mid 80's for today. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The patio was wet this morning, like a heavy dew that's all we got for rain. Going to help out at the senior fish fry this afternoon at the fairgrounds. Our local sportsmen group does it. Probably bring a couple large bottles of water with too. Looks like some steel may go up today on the garage. Here's the picture from last night. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
Mark, are you going to insulate and finish the inside?????????

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking good Mark!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 66* here when I went out to hang the clothes & mid 80's later. I don't believe :scratch: we got much above 70* here yday either as we had 68* when we got home around 2. A few sprinkles again early today but it looks to be about done though. Some light rain in GR yday until ~ 10:30 & the road was pretty wet when we drove into town. Got company comin in a few minutes as Sis & BIL are on their way up. That's it from this neck of the woods, hopin your Thursday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just thought of this and thought i'd share what we seen tuesday on our way home from Illinois.

somewhere along the line in wisc we pulled off the freeway to take a break, get gas and something to eat. on the sidewalk next to the building at this truck stop there was this gal with a little kid standing there with a sign that said. NEED GAS!!!!! never thought much of it, not far away was a van with the doors open and a kid sitting inside. there  is a little subway shop there also with a couple guys out there with some subway products.

on my way to the bathroom i heard the couple in front of me talking about her, overheard her telling him to look at the back of the sign.  so of course i did also.......and it read need money for rent.......god bless. i about  :puke: they were friggin hustling.

so i did my thing and went out to burn one, so i was pretending not to be paying attention. asi watched i noticed that those guys with the subway pop where in kahoots with this gal holding the sign. :doofus: thought it was well, lowlife........they had money to buy subway but not gas. you could definetly tell they where together because these guys and the gal where talking to each other. by that time the rest of the crew came out and pretty sure the gal holding that sign new i was watching, i kinda shook my head and walked away and she new it. 

i guess the moral of this story is its a reason i will never give anything to these panhandler types!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm of the belief that ~ 90-95% of 'em are scammin. :crazy: :pouty: : :thumbs:                                                :angry2:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, at this time I plan on insulating and sheetrocking the South wall only (the one in the front of the picture). If I find a need to be in it during the Winter I will add a wall down the center and then bring it back to the South wall just before the garage door in the corner (left side of photo). I'll have a 18' by 34' heated shop then. Getting pretty pumped up about it. I see there's some of that wet stuff coming down now. Nice steady rain too.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
just thought of this and thought i'd share what we seen tuesday on our way home from Illinois.

somewhere along the line in wisc we pulled off the freeway to take a break, get gas and something to eat. on the sidewalk next to the building at this truck stop there was this gal with a little kid standing there with a sign that said. NEED GAS!!!!! never thought much of it, not far away was a van with the doors open and a kid sitting inside. there  is a little subway shop there also with a couple guys out there with some subway products.

on my way to the bathroom i heard the couple in front of me talking about her, overheard her telling him to look at the back of the sign.  so of course i did also.......and it read need money for rent.......god bless. i about  :puke: they were friggin hustling.

so i did my thing and went out to burn one, so i was pretending not to be paying attention. asi watched i noticed that those guys with the subway pop where in kahoots with this gal holding the sign. :doofus: thought it was well, lowlife........they had money to buy subway but not gas. you could definetly tell they where together because these guys and the gal where talking to each other. by that time the rest of the crew came out and pretty sure the gal holding that sign new i was watching, i kinda shook my head and walked away and she new it. 

i guess the moral of this story is its a reason i will never give anything to these panhandler types!!!!!
Yep waht Gunner said. Most of them are scammers. Especially now a days with now hiring signs everywhere you turn.  :angry2: