Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901873 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :scratch: :scratch: hmmm there's something falling out of the sky..leaving blotches on my deck?????? not much though???????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly.  Get a job!!!  They are everywhere and in every field.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 70 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Not quite as hazy and there is a breeze. Prolly want to get thru my corn field sticky traps this a.m. if I can. Got the Stude back from the shop. The fuel pump they ordered didn't work (lever wasn't at the proper angle to make contact with the cam shaft) so they wound up going to plan B & installed an electric pump. We'd agreed on that ahead of time but now the amp meter wants to run pegged to the positive side when running it down the road. Stude was using generators in '59 as were all car companies before 1960 and that's what this one still has on it. Wondering if we solved one problem and created another one that'll wind up needing an alternator to fix it.  :scratch:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my doctor visit done and all went well..   got truck tire pressure sensors all working proper again and scored a 1/2 ham at the store!!  thanks again snow for the heads up on the sensors!!!   Mark looks darn good!!!   it rained in Alex very good, got home and had 1.2 inches here!!!  would have been nicer slower but we will take it!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well got my doctor visit done and all went well..   got truck tire pressure sensors all working proper again and scored a 1/2 ham at the store!!  thanks again snow for the heads up on the sensors!!!   Mark looks darn good!!!   it rained in Alex very good, got home and had 1.2 inches here!!!  would have been nicer slower but we will take it!!
:pouty: :pouty: you get all the rain, we get dribbles. :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
what ever!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  Got a tenth here in my back yard.

Told ya so Mike!!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Congrats! You win the "You always get all the rain" award for the day! :mooning: :mooning:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,darn right swampy out out the door this morning,77 degrees,heavy thick air only going to get worse by the sounds of it...stay hyderated folks,be safe ,check on the old folks if you have them in your life.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 71 here and so so out side..  a light breeze is all for now..  going for the upper 80's today..  got a few things to do today and the outside stuff should be fun...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 70 and the air is thick like snow said. Miserable this AM. One of those days that I wish we had AC in the house. Going to be a project weekend now. We were going to go to the Effie Rodeo, but changed our minds. Several times. Need to get some stuff done before the fall comes. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....yep supposed to get butt ugly today.  :thumbs: :thumbs: try and do what i'd like to get done outside done this morning!!!!! momma is going to bail on me tomorrow, going up to her sisters camper by mille lacs with her granddaughter and new fiance, i guess to show him off!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: seriously though he comes from a pretty big family and is pretty family orientated.......so not a bad thing.

uddder den dat i got nuttin!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We were just talking about how we better start the AC sometime this morning.  We have some haze from smoke today and a little breeze picking up.  Looks like we will be near 90 today.  Yuck!  I have been welding up the wifes clothesline poles.  My welding is getting much better now.  I am using 2 1/2" square tubing for it.  I even cut pieces to close the ends since I remember birds made nests in the open pipes when I was a kid.  I will putz with it this morning before it gets hot out.  I have to drill holes in some concrete sono tubes that were here when we bought the place.  Will use expanding bolt anchors for it.  Hope it works.  You all have a great Friday. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We were just talking about how we better start the AC sometime this morning.  We have some haze from smoke today and a little breeze picking up.  Looks like we will be near 90 today.  Yuck!  I have been welding up the wifes clothesline poles.  My welding is getting much better now.  I am using 2 1/2" square tubing for it.  I even cut pieces to close the ends since I remember birds made nests in the open pipes when I was a kid.  I will putz with it this morning before it gets hot out.  I have to drill holes in some concrete sono tubes that were here when we bought the place.  Will use expanding bolt anchors for it.  Hope it works.  You all have a great Friday.
i made my own wash line poles to back in the day when we had the house built. my dad got me a bunch of old railcar airline pipe. that stuff is double walled and was a bugger to drill through. i used threaded eye bolts for the lines. you could tighten them with the nuts, when the thread ran out i'd loosen them all the way up, retighten the lines and start over!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

have fun with the welder LPS!!!!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am using those eye bolts too.   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 70* :doah: & a light breeze ~ 4:30 when I went out :fishing:. Wind started to pick up
 about the time I came in(7 ish) & we shootin for the upper 80's again here today. With the lake so low there's an abundance of weeds down at the dock so we took ~ 2 hours yday to clean up a few of them. They're still down there drying a little before we bring them up the steps & that will be 1 of our early projects today. I've also noticed 5 or 6 of the places along my way out to the big lake that appeared to have had to take their lifts out of commission in the last week or so.  :crazy: No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday's rain didn't amount to squat here. Not even enough to float the red dinger in the rain gauge. Fish fry was a hit yesterday, must of served around 400. A lot of them were in "to go" boxes to the local nursing homes. Eight or nine fillets "accidently" fell into my pick up before I left. No much going on today, get ready to shoot ATA targets in Glenwood tomorrow is about it. Here's a picture from last night for today's garage update. Have a great day, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks real nice Mark!!!  kudo's to you all on the fish fry too!!!   :happy1: :clap: :applause:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 72 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Fat man warnings out for afternoon to our west. Looking for excuses to stay out of corn fields today. Stude continues to baffle. Possibly the voltage regulator. Brought in a spare that he'd taken out of it when he rebuilt the generator. Was OK then so see if that changes the picture. He ordered a new one too. If that doesn't change its tune, looks like an alternator changeover in the works. Won't be original but that already changed when the electric fuel pump was installed. Didn't buy it to show, bought it to cruise.

Lookin' good mark n!  :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lookin garage mark...well done.

so shootin at glenwood eh? one place I  never been,wheel chair shooter,all American Rick Nelson is from that area,ever bump in to him?curious as it's a small world in registerd trap shooting,I see monticello sportsman club has they're annual mini grand coming up,great shoot and club if ya never been,right up there with the cabelas shoot in owatonna.

Have fun shoot'em all,wish ATA would post the state 2021 trap shoot results.curious who is still shooting from my old days and past squad members.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Garage looking good Mark! :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday's rain didn't amount to squat here. Not even enough to float the red dinger in the rain gauge. Fish fry was a hit yesterday, must of served around 400. A lot of them were in "to go" boxes to the local nursing homes. Eight or nine fillets "accidently" fell into my pick up before I left. No much going on today, get ready to shoot ATA targets in Glenwood tomorrow is about it. Here's a picture from last night for today's garage update. Have a great day, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
yep...........aint gonna be big enough!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yes sir pertty nice. you gonna have a phone in there so the wife can check up on ya!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's a picture from last night for today's garage update...

They are moving right along.  How many guys are on the crew building it? 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow, Glenwood is a fun time. Everyone knows each other they are very welcoming group to new shooters. I’ve know Rick for awhile, haven’t seen him around much lately. I plan on being in Monticello for their shoot too. Maybe not Saturday but Sunday stop by if you’re in the neighborhood. Mike does a job there too.
Steve, they have a five man crew here. Thinking the only thing left to do after today will be the garage doors. Don’t need a phone in it either, glenn we have cell phones. :rotflmao:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn is still used to calling Sarah in Mt. Pilot... :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn is still used to calling Sarah in Mt. Pilot... :doah:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just hit 90 here.  They keep talking about bad weather maybe coming later on.  Hope we dont get any hail.  All done welding up the clothesline poles.  How to paint and install them.  Tried spray painting but too windy.  Nap time boys. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I squeezed a quick snooze in after lunch. Felt so good it feels like another one! Good news on the Stude front: The spare voltage regulator I kept did the trick for now. Guy thought he might've fried the other one when he left the key on too long. New one on the way. If it gives us any more grief, a single pole alternator will solve it.  :happy1: