Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901564 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
now that's a nice ride!!!

well just did some mowing, good lord it's humid already...  but got the major part done that needed it...  not sure I want to take the bike out today!!
:scratch: what ride are you talking about???🤔 :scratch: :rotflmao:

well if I have to explain it, aw never mind you still wouldn't get it!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 here this AM headed for mid 80s again today. Sick of the hot weather.  :puke: Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
65degrees this morning out the door here,agreed JB enough of this hot heavy air,t-storm missed us here in central minn,dryer than a popcorn fart in south dakota,corn crop looks miserable in both states,soy beans  looking good both states that I  passed driving.

hopefully we get some of the rain forcasted later today.
« Last Edit: July 07/26/21, 08:34:13 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 67 here and going for the upper 80's again..  I agree Jb, the weather is not out friend these days..  very still outside too..  not sure what I have going on today but at least I got the mowing done yesterday..  have a good day all!!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........i agree JB, this weather sucks.  :confused: :confused: last night what i thought was a good potential for rain turned into a big bust.  :confused: fall and winter cant get here soon enough!!!!!!!

according to the weather terrorists, there is a severe heat advisory out for tuesday and wednesday.  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I was just thinking that this morning too Glenn. When is the snow going to start flying.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was talking to my Dad in Luverne yesterday.  I always thought August was the hottest month there.  Every year we realize that here it starts cooling off around mid August.  ??  That is getting close.  Well as we were watching the Twins yesterday here coming around the west side of the house is a Black Bear sow with 3 cubs.  They were just checking things out by the bent bird feeder.  The dogs barked so they scampered to the edge of the yard by the river and headed east from there.  After we gave them plenty of time to leave the area Cooper and I walked their route in the yard.  He was really smelling it and his hair would stand up and he growled a few times.  Funny as heck.  He got a little scared and ran toward the house twice.  LOL  Then came back and got back on the track.  Buddy didn't want anything to do with it and stayed on the deck.  Got a few things to do today including recycling and changing our water filter.  I think I can handle it.   :sleazy:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL LPS, got youself one heck of a guard dog eh?,bears bother your horses?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 61* early & goin back to the upper 80's. Got quite a bit accomplished yday so I'm :scratch: thinkin it could be a glenn type day today. ;) :laugh: Nothin real important in view so I may just go  :fishing: while it's still tolerable out there. 'Bout it from this quadrant, stay :cool: & have a good day!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 72 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Some rain was heading this direction but appears to have fizzled. It needs to wait until Wed. nite. Should have the hay baled by then that I cut yesterday. Was plenty toasty on an open station tractor for 3 hours. Got a case of the rip roarin' chits when I got back from that mission. No stool softener needed! :shocked: Stayed close to the oval office while finishing the window washing project. Got 'er done tho. Nice to actually see out the windows for a change.  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow I have not seen a bear in the pasture with the horses.  I have seen the fence smashed down like one had been there though.  When a coyote or a deer is around the horses really stare at them.  Then they run toward them.  Foxes don't seem to bother them.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 61* early & goin back to the upper 80's. Got quite a bit accomplished yday so I'm :scratch: thinkin it could be a glenn type day today. ;) :laugh: Nothin real important in view so I may just go  :fishing: while it's still tolerable out there. 'Bout it from this quadrant, stay :cool: & have a good day!
:banghead: :banghead: iffin you did a Glenn type day.....you'd be dog tired by 10 am!!!!! :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow I have not seen a bear in the pasture with the horses.  I have seen the fence smashed down like one had been there though.  When a coyote or a deer is around the horses really stare at them.  Then they run toward them.  Foxes don't seem to bother them.

Interesting LP, I  have pics from a rancher friend in MT he sent me few years back when he was running his fences for repairs,he came across a young black bear making a move to take down a young calf,didn't go so well for the bear as the pic's show the adult cows protected the young calf,even head butting the young bear between two cows,kinda funny the last pic was the bear leaving with his nead hanging down in shame.

What about wolves or a lion? gotta be some passing thru your area.do you check for tracks in your pasture? just curious.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a wolf come through the yard along the river about 8 years ago.  Didn't look like he was afraid of a thing.  Took the same path the bears do.  Except all of the bears are heading east and the wolf was heading west.  The coyotes do have a specific route.  Mainly along the fences I guess. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: :bs: You probably still have a coffee cup in your hand at 10 most days. :pouty:   :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Not often that I get to be the first one to post.  I had to get up early to bring Cooper to the Vet so they can do his inverted eye again.  Him and Buddy are boring holes in me with their eyes wondering why I am not feeding them.  LOL  Buddy will get his after we leave.  Cooper can't have any.  It's about an hour and a half away. Nice morning drive.  You all have a good one. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 at home this morning heading for mid 80s again today. You must be heading to I-falls this morning LPS? That is the vet that we use, Rainy River vet. Have a safe drive! Still no rain here. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 71 here and going for 89..   :puke:   taking the car to doctor this morning, check engine light won't stay off..  I'm sure it's emissions but may as well get it checked out..  other than that not sure what all I have going on today..  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, warm and not much dew this morning. Speaking of critters, I saw two young red fox come out of my machine shed when I walked out of the house.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............good luck to cooper, LPS!!!!!!! :happy1:

yea been outside a few times already.............she's gonna be butt ugly today!!!!!!!  :confused: :confused: :doah:been thinking of watering my trees in the yard. put the hose by it and let it slowly trickle for 8-12 hours, depending on the size of the tree!  :scratch:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Watering trees and grass is all we seem to be doing the last month and a half. Getting old.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,another stuffy one at that 76 degrees out the door,giant rain drops smackin the windsheild like baby water ballons,looks like some folks up north got bombed last night with t-storms and big time hail.

We're due today it looks like for a couple of rumbler's here in the metro.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS goodluck with cooper today,poor little pup,your lucky you can get in to see your vet,last week I called my vet,six week wait do get blood work check for heart worm/lyme,5 minute blood draw,most local vets won't take new clients,WTF? big time business,one place had an opening last month wanted $160 for wellness check and blood draw,last week they had an opening and raised the price to  $220 pound sand.  walked in to petco,$20 bill for blood work

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 62* when I got up & lookin like we may :scratch: stay in the mid-80's today. Got hit with another storm last night just after 6:00. Quite a bit of wind & rain for ~ 15-20 minutes. The tech for the generator was outta here by 1:30 yday :happy1: :cool: & it ran for a couple short spurts last night as the storm was rollin through. Got a couple must do's on the list for today so I better run. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 72 at choretime heading for a high in the low 90's. Fat man warnings out again today. Gotta get a haircut, finish an article & pull some rootworm beetle traps out of a couple corn fields this forenoon. This afternoon I'll probably rake hay in or on a tractor with no AC. Be wearing my best pair of Speedo's & that's about it. Getting tired of this weather too.  :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well took the car to the car doctor and sure as heck a purge sensor for the emissions system was bad...  pay the bill and be happy!!!  but the check engine ligte is off, foe now any way!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 at home this morning heading for mid 80s again today. You must be heading to I-falls this morning LPS? That is the vet that we use, Rainy River vet. Have a safe drive! Still no rain here. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

We used to use them JB but they don't do horses.  I switched to Greenbush Vet Clinic cuz they do horse castrations, floating teeth etc.  They send me the horses and dog shots unless we need rabies which they need to administer.  If they will be doing work around Baudette I can meet them at someones farm too.  Or else just schedule when they are in the area.  Snow I had to wait 5 weeks to get this done to Cooper.  They are all busy. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another light and sound show this morning..  woke up about 430 to it so not sure when it started..  raining fairly hard for awhile too and some hail..  ended up with 1.3 inches of rain it looks like so far...  might get more..  going to Alex this morning to get s few things...  other than that not much going on today...  might go to Costco Friday...  have a good day all!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here heading for 80 today and no rain.  :pouty: Yah LPS, forgot that you used the Greenbush vet. All we ever have had to take care of are dogs and cats. Greenbush is a bit of a drive. One thing about living in BFE, better be willing to drive. Because nothing is close. Spent the evening water trees with the skid loader last night. I back right into the water and scoop a bucket full and then go dump it on the ground around the trees. Usually 2 buckets per tree. Sure wish we would get some decent rains. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers,75 sticky degrees out the door,heavy skies with boomers moving in,erie atmosphere must be a dosie coming.