Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900931 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........woke up to a whole bunch of thunder and lightning.......then came the rain....... :happybounce: :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :blues brothers: :rocker; not sure how much we got yet but my rain pails are full, that means at least an inch!!!!!! sure do hope this storm/front pushed out the heat forecasted for today!!!!!!! :happy1:

had 2 dogs i was tripping over every time i moved........they sure didnt like that thunder!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: not sure what's on tap fer today!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hey that is a good way to do it JB.  Cloudy and a little breezy this morning.  Cooper is much more chipper today.  His bottom eyelid droops way down.  That is all part of it and will tighten up as time goes on.  I bet he appreciates being able to see better now.  Hooking up the camper today so we can leave early tomorrow morning to go get the new one.  Gonna be a marathon drive.  286 miles each way.  Can't remember the last time I did that many miles in a day.  The wife is coming along but I doubt she will drive pulling the camper.  LOL  At least she is good company.  That guy that killed his wife near Oklee is still at large.  They think he is on foot and are offering a $10,000 reward for him.  Keep your eyes peeled.  Maybe a hungry bear got him. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We have done that drive down and back in one day a fair amount of times. To many times. Hope it is a good drive for ya!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hey that is a good way to do it JB.  Cloudy and a little breezy this morning.  Cooper is much more chipper today.  His bottom eyelid droops way down.  That is all part of it and will tighten up as time goes on.  I bet he appreciates being able to see better now.  Hooking up the camper today so we can leave early tomorrow morning to go get the new one.  Gonna be a marathon drive.  286 miles each way.  Can't remember the last time I did that many miles in a day.  The wife is coming along but I doubt she will drive pulling the camper.  LOL  At least she is good company.  That guy that killed his wife near Oklee is still at large.  They think he is on foot and are offering a $10,000 reward for him.  Keep your eyes peeled.  Maybe a hungry bear got him.
dang that is a long drive. try Illinois and back the same day. uffda. took 3 days to recover. good luck LPS!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
drive safe LPS!!!   and hope ya really like the new camper!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are really excited about.  It's a KZ-RV  C261RB  There some youtubes on it.  I probably mentioned this already.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice looking rig, AC too right??  plenty of room for you guys and the critters!!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good mornin boys, we had 63* early & are headed for ~ 85*. Got a good chance of some rain later too. :happy1: :cool: It sounds like we're all headed for GR today as we need a few things. Not much else now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we got our usual .40" of rain. Oh well. Off the Dr. to get A1C checked and haircut I hope. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup ac and is a 4 season trailer.  All of the tanks are heated and insulated so the floors are warm when furnace is on.  Amish made. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like Roony and Dotch and those down that way are next for the weather...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
1.4 inches here in my back yard!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

also seen last night Cold Spring made the news again!!!!!!! :doah: :confused: and not for a good reason either. some jackwagon took a vehicle but a block on the accelerator and let it ram into a house. luckily noone was hurt. the couple affected had a restraining order on the guy, they are a mixed marriage with a BLM sign in there yard.

have no idea where in town this happened but its  :bs: :bs:. the offender looks like a real weiner........and is from richmond, just down the road. he's in jail.................
« Last Edit: July 07/28/21, 08:46:03 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Supposed to be at the Air Show at 9:00 am.....raining like a 🐄 right now.
Severe storms just west of us, headed right at us. Heat index of 105* for today and 93*.  Dewpont is already 70*. Gee, what a great day! No air show this am for me and my buddy. He's thrilled. Took the morning off. :angry2:
« Last Edit: July 07/28/21, 08:50:38 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Severe storms just west of us, headed right at us. Heat index of 105* for today and 93*.  Dewpont is already 70*. Gee, what a great day! :angry2:
awe suck it up and put your big boy pants on.  :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :rotflmao:

seriously i hear your pain bud!!!!!!!! with this crap i'd skip watching nude beach female volleyball!!!!! :pouty:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-90's. Fat man warnings out again today. As far as rain, we got sideswiped whereas like normal, roony always gets more rain than we do.  :pouty: Got the hay raked yesterday. Brutal. In a tractor cab w/no AC. Opened all the winders but with no breeze, that only helped if you went to beat hell. As rough as the one field is, that ain't possible. Rain so far probably won't hurt the hay but won't be dry by afternoon either. More rain possible tonite as this $hit weather moves out.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Severe storms just west of us, headed right at us. Heat index of 105* for today and 93*.  Dewpont is already 70*. Gee, what a great day! :angry2:
awe suck it up and put your big boy pants on.  :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :rotflmao:

seriously i hear your pain bud!!!!!!!! with this crap i'd skip watching nude beach female volleyball!!!!! :pouty:

Well, the planes won't fly and they don't do the inside plane tours in the rain/bad weather. Every time I plan something lately...... startin' to feel like L'il Abner's Joe Btfsplk.....:bonk:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so, will they just delay it till later when the weather clears out?????????????

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Well, the planes won't fly and they don't do the inside plane tours in the rain/bad weather. Every time I plan something lately...... startin' to feel like L'il Abner's Joe Btfsplk.....:bonk:
Can you do a tour up here and bring us some rain then???

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
so, will they just delay it till later when the weather clears out?????????????

Planes are here thru Sunday am, and are flying on Friday/Saturday am, so I can go then and catch the TO/landings. But buddy can't. He's PO'd as he**, like it's my fault.  :rolleyes: It's $20 just to get thru the gate, and I ain't throwin' $20 away for nothing!

seriously i hear your pain bud!!!!!!!! with this crap I'd skip watching nude beach female volleyball!!!!! :pouty:

Can you do a tour up here and bring us some rain then???

I sure would if I could, JB!   Rides are sold out, and kinda spendy. The B-29 rides are, depending on seat $1200-1500... for about a 20 mn flight. :shocked:  The Liberator is $1100 per ride. I paid $150 some years back for a ride in a 1927 Ford Tri-motor, and about the same for a ride in Miss Mitchell, a B-25.
Guess gas has gone up a lot.... :rolleyes:
Note that they are all sold out...lotsa money in this town! Heck, I can fly round trip to California 1st class for $700!!! And oogle the stewies!

https://www.airpowersquadron.org/rochester-mn
« Last Edit: July 07/28/21, 02:37:53 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow that is spendy. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd pay $10 for a ride to Red Wing with Glenn before I'd pay that.   :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :rotflmao: what makes you think I'm that cheap. :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy cripes, I have the AC set at 75. Went out to do a few things, change juice on the hummingbird feeders. Walking back into the house felt like walking into a freezer

Damn is that ugly outside. :confused: :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy cripes, I have the AC set at 75. Went out to do a few things, change juice on the hummingbird feeders. Walking back into the house felt like walking into a freezer

Damn is that ugly outside. :confused: :confused:

Mine's at 75* too. Dewpoint is a tropical 76* and it's only 84*, but it's like trying to breathe thru a wet rag.  It felt like that freezer too when I came in, my glasses actually fogged over, and one of the kitchen windows is fogged over in the corners! Plus now we also have an Air Quality alert thru tomorrow nite for heavy smoke particles..... been a lovely day. I feel bad for all the animals in those buildings at our local fair that started on Monday. Poor critters.  :undecided:
« Last Edit: July 07/28/21, 08:20:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'd pay 10 bucks to see Reb ride with glenn to Red Wing!  Mrs. Cheviot thinks we should go stay at the St. James Hotel sometime like we did one night on our honeymoon. I told her if we do, I'm cuttin' her off.  :tut:

Went into Neighbor's meat market this afternoon to get things squared away for lamb processing. When I came out my glasses fogged over so I couldn't see. No tellin' what the thermostat is set at in there. :scratch:

Animals are pretty well acclimated here by now with all this heat. If the pasture critters can get in the shade or out in the breeze, & the water tank stays full, they're fine. I did put an old furnace fan on the main group of lambs last nite. Moves a lot of air & they appreciated it. Since they're penned separately inside, the show animals the little neighbor girl is working with have a fan and clean, fresh water at all times   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I'll need to be paid quite handsomely for the job  :mooning:

Yea there are a few hotels in red wing better then st James.. country inn and they just but up a holiday inn express not far from pottery place

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 at the home place this morning with a strong north wind coming off of the lake. You know what that means. The smoke is pretty thick here. Thicker then Glenn's  :bs:. Ha Ha. Boar made me say it. The smoke smell is even strong in the offices here at work. We had to keep the windows closed on the house last night. so it was still 80 in there this morning. Nice cool breeze blowing too. Only supposed to be in the mid 70s today here. Just hoping we can open the windows up tonight to cool it off in the house. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good mornin all, 64 here and a good north breeze...  nicer outside for sure but like Jb the smoke is thick!!!  crazy...  got a few things going on today to keep me busy for awhile...  maybe try to get the bike out later too...   went by Markn's place yesterday and his new shed looks real nice!!!  got it filled up yet Mark?   :rotflmao:    have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 Thick air and smoky down here too. Air Quality alert.  *GAG* 

:shocked:
https://fire.airnow.gov/#
« Last Edit: July 07/29/21, 07:15:12 AM by Rebel SS »