Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901017 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin feller's,agreed thick heavy air again this morning smoke haz is back again,air quality alert for folks with breathing issues,heck of a light show last night but no rain.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep it sure smells like smoke around here. Going to mess around in new garage today and no it's not full.....yet mike. Going to build some racks for lumber to get that out of the way but be handy to get at for construction of shelves and benches when needed. I'll get picture as soon as the scissors lift is moved and out of the way. More coffee than time to get to it. Later....  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers. yep smoky here too but i'll take it any day over that heat and humidity we've had!!!!!!! not sure what i plan on doing yet......so i guess you could call it a gunner kinda day!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

on the news last night they had a map of all the wildfires in the northern part of  the USA and southern part of Canada.......there are ALOT of fires happening right now.  :confused: :confused: :doofus: 
« Last Edit: July 07/29/21, 08:40:48 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 63* when I walked out the door & the upper 70's is 'sposed to be the high. GR was BUSY yday, lots of folks grumblin about not havin power from Monday night's storm yet. Brother went to go to Aldi's & they were open but not doin business yet as they'd just got their power back on. We needed our tree crew to come in for a little TLC on the driveway & luckily they were on their way back to the resort nearby. We got 'em to pop over & put ours on the ground before we left for GR. :happy1: :cool: We cleaned it up when we got back in ~ an hour. Got a couple things that need doin so I better go. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. .36" of precip at the ranch & .09" in Bugtussle from yesterday morning's rain. On the slate today: Remove & replace a couple sets of sticky traps from 2 cornfields. Survey some corn to the north to make sure it didn't get smacked by the wind, then monitor the soybean aphid population. Maybe look at my wet hay to determine what to do with it. Probably need to be flipped again. Trying to get 5 acres of hay dry has suddenly turned into a royal PITA.  :angry: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I just finished signing up online for social security. Felling a bit older all of a sudden. Might have to take a nap...........
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
was today the day LPS was going to get his new camper?? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yes I believe so.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I just finished signing up online for social security. Felling a bit older all of a sudden. Might have to take a nap...........

mark,you'll adjust just fine like the rest of us old farts....now you'll be on a tight budget ,so pick your registerd shoots wisely.

I took a peek at our minn state trap shoot results,good to see some of my old squad mates still plugging away,couple  minnesota sr veteran all  americans are still at it but no longer scoring 200x200 like the old days in singles,even droppin 1 or 2 birds in doubles when 100x100 was the norm,as we age the wheels slowly fall off,hand eye cordination,eye sight dims etc...hang around a trap range long enough a guy could wright a whole chapter on trap shooting excuses "why I missed" lol

GOODLUCK mark retiring,you'll find your groove.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeppers.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
The smoke down here is unbelievable! I can't believe it can go 500 miles and not dissipate! You can't even see right now, and it's smells like a big fire right next door to you!  This is off our traffic cam a bit ago, they turned it toward the fields. Proof is in the pic!
Those are actually wind turbines you see. *click* on the pic....
« Last Edit: July 07/29/21, 02:35:55 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hazy here too but nor like that...    what's it like up there Jb?? 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Starting to smell it inside the house... :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  been outside all day and noticed the haze, but its really picked up lately with a strong smell of fire. I do feel bad for those that may have lost homes, not to mention the wildlife.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from raking hay, again. Got thoroughly smomed. Now I know how boar's road kill feels... :shocked:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from raking hay, again. Got thoroughly smomed. Now I know how boar's road kill feels... :shocked:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 and plenty hazy here yet..  going for 80 today...  thinking about going down to Costco today and get a few things..  other than that not much going on today!!   have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin peeps,sure had heavy air lately,last time I seen haze like this was May 1980 when st helen's erupted,last night the smoke stunk the neighborhood up like a old cigar.

here's to a better day and a great weekend

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It is just like that up here to. Just like Rebs described.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
It is just like that up here to. Just like Rebs described.

ouch..........

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!! 57 here this morning and it feels good. Had to open the windows in the house last night. Smome or no smome, the wife sadi we needed to do it. Was still 80 in the house when we got home. Down to 69 in there this morning Felt good. The wife has more trouble breathing with the smome. So when she said the windows. I waisted no time in getting it done. Hopefully the SW winds will push it back out of here today. Supposed to be 84 here last I looked today. Will be an early out today since I had extra time in this week. So plan to work on my on projects on the CNC before I go home. Some aluminum milling like HD if you know what I mean  ;). Well just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup I got the camper.  Left here at 5:40 am and got home last night about 7:30.  The camper is great!  Lot's of room and comfy recliners that face the TV.  Huge bathroom and shower and king sized bed.  Figured how to blue tooth the stereo to our cell phones whilst having coffee out there this morning in front of the electric fireplace.  These are all of the neccesities of camping Roony.  LOLOL  North Country RV in Ham Lake is a great place to buy a camper.  Everyone was just great to deal with.  Even the guys in the back room that do the maintenance on them.  Mark was our salesman and was super to deal with.  Gonna fill the water tank and get some stuff in it and then get it parked in our spot in the woods so it is ready for HH tonight.  Or maybe afternoon.  :sleazy:  It was so smoky here the other night that we woke up thinking something was on fire around us.  I had been welding that day so the wife thought the garage was on fire.  No faith in me.  I can feel it in my throat too.  Hacking more than usual.  Kind of a stuffed up head too.  Getting sick of it.  Cooper is doing great after his eyelid repair.  I think he is real happy to see better.  I can see it in his face as we do things around here.  I've come full circle.  I am back on the Cheerios Nut n Honey.  Pretty good for cereal.  See ya all later.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome Barry!!! Enjoy the new rig!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My truck was clean and hooked up to the camper for the morning take off.  When it got lighter out I noticed I had a layer of ash on my truck.  There is a couple of fires north of us in Canada that must have been the cause. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a real nice rig LPS!!!    :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Wow, that sounds great, Barry! I bet Cooper and Buddy even have their own beds already! :happy1: 

Made me think of a classic movie I saw this summer...hilarious! :rotflmao:

https://youtu.be/Ucb9O8q1eOc

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to mess around in the garage today, try to get some more of the lumber put up in side and start thinking about shelves for the junk I have. Later I need to hook up the camper. Headed to the trap range for our local sportsmen group's Fun Day/banquet tomorrow. They're doing an outside event instead of a banquet indoors. We're signed up for the trapshooting tourny, but there's raffles (30 firearms), outdoor games, food vendors and a band even. Need the camper incase I go over my three beer limit. One more  :coffee: and time to get to it for today. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:

LPS, enjoy your new camper!!!!
Snow, I plan enjoying myself. I left my place of employment last Aug. Just turning 62 in Sept. and if they don't start making any ammo available soon we're all going to quit shooting. :bonk:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 57* here early too & lookin like we may make the low 80's. A neighbor on the other side of the lake has sold his place & is having a garage sale so we went to that already. Everybody found somethin they could use so it was a success. 'Sposed to be a Red Alert for the AQI today here but I don't think :scratch: it's anywhere near as bad as yday  :happy1:  :cool:, at least at the moment. The breeze has shifted to the SW here so that's probably got somethin to do with it. :confused: Not much else planned, may try my luck :fishing: for a bit, later. Have a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........so LPS ya gonna break the new to you camper in tonight  :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: huh!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: enjoy!!!!!! :happy1:

went out yesterday and sprayed weeds around the aspargus, then grabbed a bunch of sweet corn ,peaches and cream variety. today i will blanche it and get er ready for winter..............nuttin better then tasting sweet corn that seems like its on the cob in mid jan!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

and since its a friday, i also see  :campfire: and  :toast: in my future!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: add a little more smome to the atmosphere!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. A few sprinkles this a.m. to start the day. Hay baling looks like a no-go. Hauled 4 lambs to the meat market & am waiting for a zoom interview from Brazil to start. Not sure how this'll work but we'll give it our best shot. After that, chase the wily soybean aphid & pay some bills. Thrilling day ahead like usual.  :rolleyes: