Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4951318 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all,stuffy/heavy air  in the metro out the door 65 degrees but high dew point,fell asleep early last night,missed dinner,so up early...had time to make breakfast which is rare in my house,so this morning fried egg sammich layerd with peanut butter and sliced banana,washed down with zero sugar lemonade,all fired up for a great day,

good day to all...
Now that is an interesting egg sammich.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 65* to start & lookin for the low 80's later is what I'm hearin. :scratch: BIL & I went for another ride on the 4 wheelers yday pm as the other 2 were headed to Big Fork. Heard on the radio that they'd just stopped takin spoiled food at the fairgrounds in GR from a week ago Monday's storm, yard waste & trees were still OK. Yeah I was hopin the AQA stuff was over too , mike, as it's tough on my eyes. :pouty: TWC says 9pm today now. The usual Wednesday trip to the big city is in store for us here. Hopin your squeak-free ;)  :laugh: Wednesday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got that portable ac for our camper and it does collect some water.  You can just keep the caps on and it will turn off when the water tank is full then you can empty it or have a hose go to a drain.  I used a 5 gallon bucket next to it the first night.  Barely got the bottom of the pail wet.  Now I use a 1 gallon pail and it hardly gets wet neither.  May have been not much humidity in the air.  The hose kicks out some real warm air.  An insulated hose would help.  We are thinking of running a 30 amp cable and water and cable tv in a trench out to our camper spot in the woods.  Would be a little spendy but nice to have it done.  Warm one here already today.  High 80's they say for the day.  I see 70's in our future next week.  Tomorrow will be cooler too with a chance of rain.  My fingers are crossed.  Have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
JB, LPS answered your question..  for the house I would use a large pail..  I used a 3 gallon pail and emptied it 2 time a day... it was way better than nothing!!!  and would make the wife happy too!!!    and yes snow's sandwich is interesting!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Back to Menards today to grab some nail-on boxes and wire to do the elect. rough-in in the new garage. Have 65 landscaping block coming on Friday, two pallets full at 77 pounds each. Should give my fat-azz a workout. Makes the beer taste better at 5:00. Got to go, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
We are thinking of running a 30 amp cable and water and cable tv in a trench out to our camper spot in the woods.  Would be a little spendy but nice to have it done.
[/i]

Boy, that's roughing it..... :rotflmao:  If ya could apply vauum to the tube, and make it big enough, ya could have it suck beers outta the fridge and WHOOSH 'em right out to ya.... Just like Mayo's tube system.  :shocked:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Back to Menards today to grab some nail-on boxes and wire to do the elect. rough-in in the new garage. Have 65 landscaping block coming on Friday, two pallets full at 77 pounds each. Should give my fat-azz a workout. Makes the beer taste better at 5:00. Got to go, later..... :happy1: :happy1:

Mark, are you having a rough time finding the supplies with everything in such short supply? I know it was impossible to find 4x4's and 6 by's down here this spring. The prices on 1/4" sheathing was insane, if ya could find it. I was at Menardo's to pick up a box of #16 galvanzied ringshanks, and the danged things were $10!  :shocked:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. A friend is coming down to pick up his lamb at the meat market today so will be fun to see him again. Prolly been 3 or 4 years since we were in Canada together. Speaking of AC, our central air acted up last nite. Temp was OK but my spidey senses detected that the humidity was higher than it should be. When I went down in the basement to turn on the outside water, I noticed water on the floor & dripping down through the furnace. Shut 'er down as it was cool last nite anyway. Unit hasn't been touched since it was installed in 2008. Some years we hardly ran it. It's had a workout this summer tho. Suspect it needs to be recharged. Guy is coming tomorrow. Think we'll live in the meantime.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Check yer A-coil drain tube, Dotch. Pour some water down it or run a wire/small tube up it. Might be full of certain small blue berries from sneaky woodland creatures.  :whistling:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Have to try that along with cleaning the outside unit with the garden hose as he suggested. We do have small creatures that lurk in the basement from time to time, some 4 footed & warm blooded, some 4 footed & cold blooded & some cold blooded with no legs at all!  :shocked: That drain tube is definitely large enough that something the right size could crawl up in there.  :scratch:
« Last Edit: August 08/04/21, 09:53:30 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, if water is dripping inside the furnace, and yer hume is high, the A-coil drain pan is getting full because the water isn't going down the condensation hose. That's where the humidity/condenstaion is supposed to run.  And spray those condenser fins out! They plug up every Spring with cottonwood fluff. I always hose spray my fins every 3 weeks or so all spring/summer long. Amazing the stuff in the air that gets sucked in against them. Sure ain't gonna hurt it any. If they're covered in stuff, they can't release heat off the coils and cool it.
« Last Edit: August 08/04/21, 10:23:39 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Reb, I grabbed everything I needed for the wiring and the only thing they didn’t have was 20 amp circuit breakers. That and the price of wire is out of this world high. Used to buy a 250’ roll for 50 to 60 bucks. $120.00 for a roll of 14-2 and a $173.00 for 12-2. Haven’t looked for lumber for shelves and bench’s yet. That’s next.
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
$173 for 12-2???!! Holy cripers! I better hang onto my 25' roll of it and the 14-2 that's sittin' on the shelf downstairs..... :shocked:
Don't go look at finished 1x8 pine boards for shelving.......$16 A PIECE for an eight footer.  Saw some cedar ones for $24 each....:bonk:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got my outlets roughed in yesterday and yes there's 17 of them. Should be enough. Waiting for local elect. contractor to call and let me know how much it's going cost to dig in the power to the panel. Should be my last big expense unless the six sheets of plywood I need for shelves breaks the bank. Oh well, it's only money.  :rotflmao: Hoping for some rain today, might get a few drops this morning, but then looks like nothing for the rest of the day. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, same on the rain here Mark..  couldn't you rent a trencher to help the cost ??  just asking..  nice looking morning other wise..  not much going on so have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin youes guyz,little humid out the door 69 degrees and drizzel,thankful for the precip,keep it coming as my pine tree's are stressing,would hate to lose them.

Mark agreed with mike about the trencher,saved me a bunch of cash trenching myself.

I like your outlet's,one or two is never enough and usually in the wrong places.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Gonna go pickup bales for the horses today.  They guy that has the nicest bales did make some for me.  I paid $35 ea for them last year and they were real nice bales.  The horses ate it all up and there was no coughing from dusty bales.  He has that mesh on them so water doesn't get in them as easily.  He called yesterday and said Barry you aren't going to like this but I have to have $55 for them this year.  He said he could sell them for $70 easily as that is what they are going for.  Oh well, Like Markn said it's only money.  On radar it looked like JB and us were going to get rain for sure last night.  We didn't get a drop.  We do have a skunk reeking though.  With the windows open we enjoyed it for half of the night.  Second time in 2 weeks.  Hope something eats him before Cooper gets too close to him. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here heading for a high of 72. Much gooder than the last few days. I am in agreement too. Rent a trencher and put it in yourself to save some $$$. I have done all my own electrical. Saves lots of $$$. Just pull the permit and go to town. Then you can build extra shelves.  ;) Last night I finished adding gravel and leveling it all out in the forms. Just need to add a couple more stakes and then the wire mesh. Won't happen tonight though. Need to get things packed to head down to deer camp tomorrow after work. Going to put some seed in the dust and hope for rain for some food plots. That will be the plan for this weekend. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Gonna go pickup bales for the horses today.  They guy that has the nicest bales did make some for me.  I paid $35 ea for them last year and they were real nice bales.  The horses ate it all up and there was no coughing from dusty bales.  He has that mesh on them so water doesn't get in them as easily.  He called yesterday and said Barry you aren't going to like this but I have to have $55 for them this year.  He said he could sell them for $70 easily as that is what they are going for.  Oh well, Like Markn said it's only money.  On radar it looked like JB and us were going to get rain for sure last night.  We didn't get a drop.  We do have a skunk reeking though.  With the windows open we enjoyed it for half of the night.  Second time in 2 weeks.  Hope something eats him before Cooper gets too close to him.
Yep radar showed rain all over the top of us last night. Not a drop at our place either. I keep telling the wife, we only get rain coming from the ground. Our sprinklers. Constantly have them running.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folk. T-storms and rain for me today. Bring it on, we're crispy down here. 66*, cloudy, with a nice east breeze. Barry, had the same thing with the skunk stench nite before last. One or more really let go, and I swear it was under my bedroom window. I sleep with all my windows open, and I had to close 'em it was so danged bad.

I wonder if skunks meet and greet like dogs....smell each others butts?  :bonk:  :puke:

Haved a good day, guys.
« Last Edit: August 08/05/21, 08:18:11 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 65* when I headed for the boat & 778 gonna be the high. We had a few sprinkles overnight :happy1:, neighbors gauge had .054, & TWC's sayin we have a pretty good chance for some more this PM. :cool: Kind of hectic yday shoppin with 4 people :rolleyes:, GR was busy too. Seen a few masks but not that many more than the week before IMO. No big projects on the list for today so I'll just see what pops up. Have a good day!! 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. A light shower passing thru Bugtussle presently. Take anything we can get. Looks like a modified Reb solution solved the AC problem for now. Another guy told me that he has to blow in his drain tube occasionally and it takes care of it. When I did that a hunk of crap came loose and went down the floor drain before I could see what it was. Water ran to beat hell out of it until it was empty. Went to the Oak Ridge Boys last nite. Had a tribute to Arik Matson, the Waseca cop who got shot and was crippled. They handed out blue glow sticks beforehand to support the blue. Oaks can still sing and put on a good show. Glad I got to see them.  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Told ya. Bills in the mail.  :evil: I do mine every year.  Spiders get up in there, and plug it up with webbing, then the dead bugs and crap/dust collect. Maybe even some of yer evil Jap hump bugs.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 08/05/21, 10:39:05 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'd replaced the air filter earlier & cleaned the grass clippings out of the outside until as well Reberoo. Ruby likes watching the water spraying out of the hose. All that farting around must've done the trick. The wife was complaining that it was too cold in the house when she got back from Albert's Leaf last night. Yer check is in the mail!  :happy1:

Just got done doing a 15-20 minute radio interview on Agri-Talk (Agri-Squawk... :rotflmao:) on crop condition & expectations for harvest. Gotta do rapid fire and think on your feet for the duration. They lobbed me a lot of softballs tho like they do for glenn's pal gov. Killjoy. Like shooting fish in a barrel.  :rolleyes:

Hay is going to be priced like gold & tight this winter Barry from everything I'm hearing. Very fortunate here to wind up with another 10 round bales at 1500# apiece off the <5 acres. Lamb price is at an all-time high. Even the cull price on aged ewes is higher than the lamb market was not too long ago and it wasn't terrible. Sheep better not give me any static or I'll sell them & the hay too!  :evil: 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You didn't have Glenn along for yer co-personality?!  :scratch:   :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  smoky hazy morning again...  60 here to start and going for the low 80's..  not much going on for big projects today so maybe a bike ride later...  see if I can find that bear again!!  hope not!!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! 60 here this AM heading for mid 70s today. Lots O smog in the air this AM, very low visibility. Not to smomey smelling though. Heading down to deer camp after work today. Got most all packed last night. Just need to pack some clothes, food and  :toast:. Then hit the road. Plant some seed in to da dust and then do a Cookie rain dance. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
TGIF fellers,heavy air and sticky out the door,nice little t-storm last evening,dumped a fair amount of well needed rain,brought green back to my yard.finally a morning w/o smoke haze,gives my house fart sniffin machine a rest not engauging during our days of poor air quality.

Enjoy your weekend,play it safe.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  smoky hazy morning again...  60 here to start and going for the low 80's..  not much going on for big projects today so maybe a bike ride later...  see if I can find that bear again!!  hope not!!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Don't look too hard........ :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Today I'm going to head West of Alex to pick up a wood-splitter I bought yesterday. Didn't feel like pulling it home behind the truck with a solid axle that far, using trailer today. Then a stop at Fleet. Workbenches were done on south wall of garage yesterday, two pallets of landscaping block showed up last night, appears to be some work ahead for me, but I need to get some skidloader work done first. Maybe a round of golf this afternoon will make it better. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm