Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900758 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Markn you made me tired with your itinerary for the day.  LOL  Well it rained 3 times here yesterday and it really came down at times.  We got .8" of rain in all of it.   :happy1:  I was picking up bales in the field yesterday.  Maybe 7 miles west of town.  Not a drop there.  I got a better deal for picking them up.  Got them for $50 a bale.  I did help the farmer strap his loads too.  Have to unload the last load this morning but it is here.  Then I will get the camper ready for our weekend of fun out there.  Did you get any of it JB?  Looked like it came from your direction.  Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 65* early & headed for ~ 75*. Our wind switch to W then NW by mid afternoon yday so it was really hazy by around 5 here. :pouty: Pretty breezy yday PM too & yet this morning for my boat ride. It settled down though about the time the sun was 'sposed to start shinin. A real short list again today :happy1: so I'll just wing it. No more now, hopin your Friday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: August 08/06/21, 08:16:30 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Uh...Gunner.....Thursday was yday... it happens to us "experienced" pharts....
 :bonk: :rotflmao:     
« Last Edit: August 08/06/21, 08:13:21 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :taz: :banghead: :mooning: I just caught it myself............................. but it looks like  I'm a little too slow today :scratch: :doah:, at least for you.  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:                       There better!! :doofus:  :bonk:  :confused:                                  ;) ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 08/06/21, 08:21:06 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Markn you made me tired with your itinerary for the day.  LOL  Well it rained 3 times here yesterday and it really came down at times.  We got .8" of rain in all of it.   :happy1:  I was picking up bales in the field yesterday.  Maybe 7 miles west of town.  Not a drop there.  I got a better deal for picking them up.  Got them for $50 a bale.  I did help the farmer strap his loads too.  Have to unload the last load this morning but it is here.  Then I will get the camper ready for our weekend of fun out there.  Did you get any of it JB?  Looked like it came from your direction.  Have a good one boys.
Not a drop of rain up at our place. You get all the rain Barry.  :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
No Barry, it's just get woodsplitter, stop at Fleet and golf for today. All of that work-work stuff can wait until Monday.......or Tuesdayish. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. .07" of rain at the ranch & .08" in Bugtussle proper. Heading back down to the Freeborn Co. Fair after nite chores. Prolly see The Gin Blossoms tonite. I recognize a few of their tunes but that's about it. Speaking of gin, looks like we may have a rainy weekend on tap. Could pretend I'm in Canada: have a few tinctures & a big breakfast after chores, maybe a bloody Mary for lunch, have a few beers after sawing some limbs off a couple trees between showers, grill some lamb, perhaps, do a few shots, have some G&T's and watch the world go by.  :tequila; Or I could just take a nap!  :undecided:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
nothin better on a hot summer day than pine needles/tonic/toddy eh Dotch...

So Dotch you taking in the stones concert? can't believe a 80 year old rock band still has it goin on.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

So Dotch you taking in the stones concert? can't believe a 80 year old rock band still has it goin on.

That's cuz their the best danged rock band there ever was that's still playing with all the original guys, IMO.
Charlie Watts is out. Damn. Steve Jordan taking over until next year.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rolling-stones-charlie-watts-us-tour-1207707/
« Last Edit: August 08/06/21, 01:13:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
nothin better on a hot summer day than pine needles/tonic/toddy eh Dotch...

Might have to pencil that one in. Sounds like it's on for Oct. 24th. Only thing that might get in the way is if I'm in Canada.

In other rock & roll news, sounds like before he passed, Dusty told the boys the show must go on.  :happy1:

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/zz-top-carry-on-dusty-hill-billy-gibbons-tour-1235030502/

No MN venues listed thus far but some in IA in Sept. I believe.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS, geez, I think I sold my hay too cheap. At $5.00 a bale the guy got a very good deal.  He Cuts, rakes, bales and hauls it away.  It's just random grass hay, nothing special but keeps the cows and horses fed.  He made it last year after not being able to get someone to cut it the year before. Between my brother in law and I we have around 50 acres of hay fields.  Basically three fields a 20 acre, 24 acre and a 6 acre.  An ex neighbor who still makes some hay on his old land has been cutting the 6 acre field for the past 20 years mainly because I just wanted it cut and didn't charge him for the hay.  It's a rough humpy piece so I don't mind giving it away in exchange for getting it cut.   
Note: Pictures of the fields are from last year. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, very light rain this morning..  not much going on today so I can watch the rain if it gets serious!!  been working on my diet as my A1C numbers were a bit high..  easier said than done but I'm doing it ok over all I think..   have a good day all!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep mike, the driveway is wet, but under the trees it's still dry. Doesn't look like we will get much for rain either. Didn't make it golfing yesterday, not a show stopper. We did get the framework for 48' of shelving hung up. Looks nice. Today???????? Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pouring here!  :party1: 69* with thunder and lighning; heavy rains predicted for the rest of the weekend with some severe weather.....I'll take all the rain we can get! Article in last nite's paper about maybe water rationing possible here soon...in southern Minny???!   :bonk:

Bring on the rain! All ya got! No plans for me today, looks like some leftover pizza for bfast soon. Have a good weekend all.
« Last Edit: August 08/07/21, 07:56:23 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
same thing here Mark...   oh well....   omelet time!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 69 at choretime, heading for a high in the low 80's. .48" of rain at the ranch & .34" in metro Bugtussle. Got purty windy for a brief spell about 4:30-5-ish. Broke off some ash limbs & knocked most of the pears out of the trees. :sad: We needed the rain tho & more is expected to develop again tonite.

Auntie Mar Mar's hubby Unkie Gregory & I went to a good concert at the Freeborn Co. Fair last nite. Hadn't seen the Gin Blossoms before but was impressed. More sparsely attended than Sawyer Brown & The Oak Ridge Boys, not unexpected.  We sat about 12-15 rows from the stage. Two tremendous guitar players who alternated playing lead depending on the tune & their solos were outstanding. Rest of the band was solid. A lot of 40-something female groupies sitting around us so they were fun to watch. Made us feel like old geezers because we are old geezers. Reminds me, where's my stool softener? Oh ya, don't need it. It's sweet corn & cucumber season.  :coffee:     
« Last Edit: August 08/07/21, 08:42:41 AM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 62* to start & 75* is 'sposed to be the high. It looks like most they've taken the rain chances out of the forecast for us for today. TWC's says we still have a decent chance early tomorrow mornin yet though so................. :confused:, we'll see. Thought about goin out :fishing: ~ 5 but it was pretty windy already then. The youngest niece just arrived an hour ago so I'm not certain :scratch: what's in the plans for today. Have a good 1.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 69 at choretime, heading for a high in the low 80's. .48" of rain at the ranch & .34" in metro Bugtussle. Got purty windy for a brief spell about 4:30-5-ish. Broke off some ash limbs & knocked most of the pears out of the trees. :sad: We needed the rain tho & more is expected to develop again tonite.

Auntie Mar Mar's hubby Unkie Gregory & I went to a good concert at the Freeborn Co. Fair last nite. Hadn't seen the Gin Blossoms before but was impressed. More sparsely attended than Sawyer Brown & The Oak Ridge Boys, not unexpected.  We sat about 12-15 rows from the stage. Two tremendous guitar players who alternated playing lead depending on the tune & their solos were outstanding. Rest of the band was solid. A lot of 40-something female groupies sitting around us so they were fun to watch. Made us feel like old geezers because we are old geezers. Reminds me, where's my stool softener? Oh ya, don't need it. It's sweet corn & cucumber season.  :coffee:     

Aw shuckens....whatcha gonna listen to now out in the barn?  ;)

https://www.brainerddispatch.com/entertainment/television/7141228-Lawrence-Welk-Show-to-at-long-last-take-final-bow-on-South-Dakota-Public-Broadcasting

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We just got in the house from a night of camping under the pines.  Had coffee and made breakfast over a fire.  Fun as heck.  Was real foggy to start the day and now the sun is trying to peek through the smog.  Got the bales all unloaded so will put up the temp electric fence around them when I am done talking at youse guys.  Bucko has been munching on them already.  Not Jiggsy though.  He is eating green stuff in the pasture yet.  Now that I know that the cockroach plan won't work to clean up my very dirty truck I will have to do it myself.  Mainly vacuum up the dog hair.  No rain here today but mayhaps some around midnight.  Have a good one. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We got. 57" of rain early this morning and a bit of breeze. For once the rain didn't miss us.. My pears are protected but we got quite a few apples on the ground. Start the graveyard shift tonight. Have a good one all!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You'll have to haul those apples over to Karen's Shetland sheep. Oh, and you always get more rain than we do... :pouty:

Lawrence was glenn's fave Reb, altho he had a thang fer Cissy, especially when she did those twirls so he could look up her skirt...  :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, it's been pouring like a 🐄 here! Lotsa thunder and just plain heavy rain.
This should help alleviate some of the the drought, especially our corn crop....if it's not too late, which I kinda think it is, but I'm no farmer.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nothing over here, just the super light rain at 6am.... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked the rain gauge.....smack dab on 2.0" !! Have water puddled up and standing in backyard; haven't seen THAT in a few years.  :shocked:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked the rain gauge.....smack dab on 2.0" !! Have water puddled up and standing in backyard; haven't seen THAT in a few years.  :shocked:
I noticed so e heavy stuff over your way. I'm hoping we can get another nice shower here tonight.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  77 with a stiff breeze coming off the lake,  feels great and finally not blazing hot this away. Had 3 tenths of rain this morning before we went out and caught some deep water bass and sheepies.  Speaking of corn, the field stuff looks surprisingly good on the way out, met lots of trucks hauling sweet corn also with several stands set up in small towns,  of course we stopped and grabbed some. Gosh darn bee's sure are making it known there around, got zapped twice by ground nests clearing brush..  :angry2: , time for HH !!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Another project done. 65 landscaping block to the tune of 5,005 pounds total set in place. Cold beer in hand, cigar lit and going, shoulders and back a little stiff, check, check and check. Been a good day. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, you do nice work! Block was something I always had issues with. Love pouring/forming/finishing concrete, but if I laid a block wall, it would look like the wall of China....on flat ground.   :rotflmao:  :bonk:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very nice!!!  that sure makes a makes it look great!!!