Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946217 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We did get a shot of rain a few minutes ago, not much maybe a tenth or two. Felt good to get that wall done, but these blocks were a bit inconsistent when they were made and there is some that look crooked (spelling?) when you look from the end. Anywho, not sure what is going down today, maybe a nap and then a New York strip on the grill tonight and sweet corn. We'll see, later.....  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning fellers. For today.........

*DANGER*DANGER* scream the wedder morjits.... :shocked:

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH NOW IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...

The Flash Flood Watch is now in effect for

* Southeast Minnesota and Wisconsin,

* Through late tonight.

* Heavy rainfall over the past 24 hours has resulted in saturated
  soils. Additional rounds of rain are expected into tonight, with
  high rainfall rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour or more possible with any
  storms. The rainfall could quickly result in flash flooding in
  these areas.

When it rains, it pours, I guess.  2 1/4" yday in my gauge. This oughtta help the drought..
Have a good day, guys. I gotta go make a ham and cheddar omelet with green pepper chunks.... :coffee:
« Last Edit: August 08/08/21, 06:41:56 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, about the same here for rain Mark..  a bit more than yesterday..  got some of the yard mowed last night so that is all good..  just enjoying my coffee this morning...  Reb enjoy your moisture!!!  it would be nice if it came a bit slower..  have a good day all..   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
mornin all, about the same here for rain Mark..  a bit more than yesterday..  got some of the yard mowed last night so that is all good..  just enjoying my coffee this morning...  Reb enjoy your moisture!!!  it would be nice if it came a bit slower..  have a good day all..   :happy1:

Ya, but I can do a Jan and Dean this way and head to Surf City.   :sail:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/08/21, 06:53:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya, but I can do a Jan and Dean this way and head to Surf City.   :sail:  :rotflmao:

I'll bet  that would be  sight!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Mostly cloudy humid and 84 for here today.  Was a great day yesterday.  Never did get real hot maybe I'm just used to it.  It sure is cooling off nice at night.  Feels like fall in the mornings.  The wife is going to a baby shower today.  SO what shall I do?  Mayhaps I will smome some ribs.  At least that will give me something to focus on this afternoon.  Could watch the Twins too.  ???   I will cut up some firewood too.  At least enough to feel like I accomplished something.  Might even be a football game on.  You all have a good one. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 62* again early today but lookin like we may make 80* today. Trimmed a few trees along the drive that were messin with me when I mowed early yday. Sis, BIL, & niece all went to GR for Tall Timber Days yday AM. Then we got in a little tubing. I went for boat ride last night after the wind went down a bit but it was still blowin too hard to :fish2: for very long. :pouty: Out for a bit early today too & another clean slate for the to do list so I'll play it by ear today again. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. .03" of rain at the ranch & haven't been to town to read the gauge yet there. Guessing not much. Picked cukes and string beans last nite, cleaned them up and put them in the fridge. Ruby supervised me filling the jelly feeder & picking up sticks after chores. Must've been a little breezy overnight as we did the same thing yesterday. Been tossing the sweet corn husks & cobs over the fence to the sheep. Nice to have portable garbage dispose-alls. Got some larger cukes they can probably have too. If I'm gonna get quality baked goods in return, only the best for Auntie Mar Mar.  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, your shed is looking great. Better get all those details done before hunting starts.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon forum fellas,  gots 1/2 of rain this morning lakeside.  The kid and I went out throwing spinner baits after the rain and had a ball. Lots o bass and slot size northerns,  he caught an accidental 18 " walleye in 5 feet of water which was neat. After lunch met up with some other lakeshore people for a project that went well. Looking like burglars soon, best grab a beer light some coals..See ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What lake are you on Bob?

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
What lake are you on Bob?
Were on Norway, zebs got a hold of of it a couple years ago, but its still fun to fish. Big ones are hard to find but still fun..

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to Ashby this morning for our last round of league for sporting clays this year. After that hang some of the chains for the shelves in the garage and get that completed. This week's goal is to complete the shelves and the dirt work around the building. Next week is the finish the wiring. Need to be done before hunting season. We're a week and half into August already. Thanks for the reminder deadeye. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin feller's,66 degree's out the door,muggy already,well derserved rain over the weekend green things up nicely,hope it brings back my huge logpole pine tree that was taking a hit and turning brown...

good day to all.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, go get them Mark!!  63 here and foggy!!  a bit humid too and only more of that!!!   Hey Jb I was watching Prairie Sportsman last night and they had a section on River Path hockey...  how far from you is that??  looked kind of cool!!  not much going on here today...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  66 here and gonna be a warm one today.  I may take a run to the Falls today.  My truck has developed a tick.  Sounds like exhaust to me.  Sure hope so.  Went fishing for while yesterday.  Had some small ones biting but no keepers.  A few sturgeon were jumping.  Felt good to be out.  With the low flows I am not expecting too good of a fall bite.  BUT who knows?  Well you have a good day.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 here and heading for 90 today  :puke:. Not sure on the hockey thing Mike, can't say I have ever heard of it. Have you heard of it Barry? Well, we got our food plots planted on Saturday. Crazy how dry it is. The dirt was just like powdered sugar when I was done tilling it. The dust was crazy too. I was black by the time I was done. Need some rain or the seed will be sitting there until next spring. The kids plot was the only one that was moist, but his is right on the edge of a big swamp. His should germinate. Oh well, what can a person do. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it sounded like it was right in Warroad and there was a sled trail right beside..  no biggy... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OH, that was those guys that kept the river plowed for skating and hockey.  I remember seeing that last year on TV.  It is a few miles long and people take walks on it too.  The Warroad River just south of the hwy. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah. Now I know what you are referring too. They had a long skating path on the Warroad river last winter that a group of people created. It went for a long way and had a hockey rink along the way. It was right in Warroad. Forgot about that.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think some equipment was even donated to them because it was so popular.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe you are correct on that Barry.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup donated equipment and seemed like 3/4 mile long was said..  kind of cool!!!  good for the kids!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 65* to begin & just upper 80's for the top. With all the fog it's gonna be a humid 1 so I'm sure it'll feel warmer than that. :pouty: Really nice out on the lake last night & there were a lot of boats out. Could only coax a PB Smallie (19 1/2") :happy1: :cool: & the smallest walleye(~ 4") I've ever caught into comin out to play. I thought the Smallie was gonna spool me as it was on my UL that doesn't have much line on it. I forgot how hard they fight! :crazy: I see some time in the lake in my future & the mower could use a little TLC today, from there  :confused: Have a good day!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. .01" of precip at the ranch & .01" in Bugtussle proper. Must've been a passing shower sometime in the overnite. Shifting into pre-Crop Tour mode which means I get grumpier as the week wears on. :angry: Off to a good start. Got bit by the neighbor's yorkie last nite. Delivered some cukes & set them on the pad in front of their garage. They're under COVID quarantine. Little bastard caught my achilles as I turned & walked back to the truck. He was lucky I was wearing my Crocs & not my boots. I would've punted his @$$ over the garage. Had thick sox on so it didn't break the skin but came close. Could see the teeth marks when I cleaned it up with rubbing alcohol.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a nice smallie gunner!! Mornin peoples,  70 here heading for hot they say. Had our 2 mile stroll earlier and was thinking on loafing in the lake also but looks like some algae is forming on the shoreline.  It doesn't appear to be the toxic stuff but I'll keep the hound out anyway, oh well he's been dock jumping for 3 days and could use a break anyway. So probably pack up and clean up the place and back to reality later... :pouty: See ya!!
« Last Edit: August 08/09/21, 09:16:08 AM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ooch Dotch,  momma says maybe that's way he bit ya, crocks n socks.. :confused:  ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Were they black socks?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You 2 clowns! :tut: I usually don't consult the fashion police before harvesting vegetables. In other words the wife was gone!  :rotflmao: FYI they were grey and I was wearing a dirty ripped up pair of jean shorts with a religious t-shirt. Very holy. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
striped!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: