Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905985 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
no wonder the dog got excited!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

but on a side note those bites can be real nasty so it's good to hear he didn't break the skin... 
« Last Edit: August 08/09/21, 09:58:49 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Rabid Ankle Biter!

No good deed goes unpunished.
« Last Edit: August 08/09/21, 10:36:51 AM by roony »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was kinda watching my sock on the drive home and didn't see any blood so was grateful for that.

Got word about 9 o'clock that the line in I Falls to get across the Canadian border was over a mile long. They're also doing random COVID tests. A positive test means a 2 week quarantine. One way to get a longer fishing trip. Need to take lotsa food. Would hafta break into Bill's hidden stash for tinctures once the liters were exhausted.  :doah:

Update: Up to 5 mile line now...
« Last Edit: August 08/09/21, 10:54:08 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so not worth it!!!  5 mile lines!!!    no thanks.....

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just read 7 hour wait in line to get to the border.. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And you cannot fish whilst in quarantine.  Was in the local paper.  Must be in a room I guess.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I bet you can drink tho!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet you can drink tho!  :rotflmao:
and eat lots of pizza!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The lineup at the Falls is so long on regular days that people drive over here to get across the border and then go back east to their destination once they get into Canada. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Dotch!!!  was at the bank this afternoon and seen a sign for someone selling yorkies!!!!  want the number???   asking for Glenn!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Where is that dadgum pot stirrer anyway?

Must be some timing involved getting across the border too. When we've gone into Canada from I Falls, it's been 7:30 - 8 p.m. or later on a Thursday or Friday a lot of times. Very seldom do we wait. Likewise coming back. Monday or Tuesday a.m. ~ 9:30 - 10. Of course we gotta hit the duty free shop first. 🇨🇦
« Last Edit: August 08/09/21, 03:48:12 PM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he's waiting in line to get into Canada!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He must've heard Walmart in Ft. Francis is hiring!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/09/21, 03:50:32 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I heard they put him in charge of the dairy and condiment aisle....... ;)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No school, no soccer so my grandson said he would help me with some work at the land.  He's 15 and got a driver permit a couple months ago so he also got a couple hours driving lessons from me.  We took down a double ladder stand that was never used and used it to swap out a very small single.  I added the 4' 4x4's on the bottom.  Big improvement.  Also my grandson got to do a lot of the work so that was nice. I will make an expert deer stand installer out of him. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is great DE.  More kids should have the opportunity to just go outside and do things productive.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like JB is going to get some rain after midnight.   Hopefully us too.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers,another sticky morning here,69 degrees out the door,heavy air/humidity.

sure is dark these days @0530am,looks like we're losing about 2 minutes per day of daylight...

local ducks(youngens and geese are done molting and are checking out they'reflight feathers around my place,good to see,early goose season is just around the corner.

good day to all~

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 here heading for 80 today. Yes sir Barry we finally got some rain. .69" of rain this early AM. It was a good thing. Sure hope we get a few more of those down the road. Put some fertilizer down on the grass last night hoping it would rain. It paid off. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, off to a good start here..  72 here to start the day..  going down to Sartell this morning for my every 4 month dental check up..  kind of mucks up the day in a way having to drive there..  but what the heck...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Couldn't wait to see what you got JB.  It was thundering and lightning here for a long time last night.  Someone left the window open to far in the front room.   :surrender:  We have the fan on now to dry it out.  We got 1 1/2" last night.  There was one real loud crack of thunder at the end.  The camper looks ok from here.  LOL  I have looked at TWC for years.  A guy I used to work with used Accuweather and teased me about it.  Well about a month ago I switched to Accuweather and it has been raining more ever sense.  I paid the $7.95 for a year of no ads on my cell phone.   :confused:  I may even have to mow now. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 72*early for us, lookin like ~ 80* will be the high. Pretty breezy early on too. Need a few things so we're headed to the big city in a bit. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime and mugly, heading for a high in the mid-80's. It's hazy but at least there's no smoke, yet anyway. This a.m., gotta finish an article, do monthly tax filing and write a sympathy card to a friend. Lost his Mom a couple months ago. About a week ago his Dad got sick & wound up in hospice care. He passed away over the weekend. He's one of the kingpins on Crop Tour so if it had to happen, the timing was better than if it had occurred this weekend. This afternoon I get to chase soybean aphids some more then pull the last of the sticky traps out of a couple fields, along with counting the rootworm beetles on them. Could be interesting as the high numbers in some continuous corn indicates that they've developed resistance to the Bt traits, in particular the western corn rootworms. Can't fool Mother Nature. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning all...well, almost lunchtime. Cloudy, still, 77* and a gag-me dewpoint of 76*. Went up to ceme to water plants, and went I got out of air-conditioned truck, my goggles fogged right over. Now THAT'S humid..... :puke:
« Last Edit: August 08/10/21, 12:04:17 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :mooning: :mooning: well hello fellers..............i'm BAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh joy, didn't even know you were gone!!  :mooning: catch any  :fish2:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh joy, didn't even know you were gone!!  :mooning: catch any  :fish2:
:tut: :tut: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well of course i did. i gotta post one that should zooom by a few in the contest!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: welli can see while i was absent, there was no shortage of me getting verbally abused!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :confused:

i can tell ya'all missed me though!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome back.   :happy1: