Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946014 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes they are very good swimmers for sure!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I wish they'd all go over a waterfall.  :angry:  They ate all the plants and flowers down to the dirt out of my Mom and Dad's planters at the cemetery. Think it's a friggin' salad bar for them. And I have a dozen sharp wooden shish-kabob skewers in every planter...how the h*** they manage to eat down past those tall sharp things is beyond me.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  68 here according to our thermo meter.  I think ours is lower that the real temp.  The wife said her car said about 4 degrees warmer than our house meter most of the time.  I am looking forward to some rain.  I have watered 12 of our spruce trees now.  I read that 90% of their root system is within 12" of the surface so this should help.  I am flushing our new well anyways so may as well use the 200 gallons or so instead of letting it run on the ground.  Our local store has ribeyes on sale for $13.88 lb so I am getting me a loin today.  I will cut it at home and vac seal them.  Should be great!  Well stay cool for one more day. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Nice day at 61*, but 91% hume. Headed for 89*. I'm on the hunt today for Avacodo mayo at ALDI's, and pearl onions...so may be hitting a few stores. Got a few odd's and ends to grab to finish my Fall food pantry stocking. That's about it. Last of the bacon and some sunny-side up eggs and toast with clover honey sounds good for bfast. Enjoy the day all.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......i can see an end to one of my projects this morning. the young couple  that bought the house 2 houses down is getting rid of all the granite around there house to put in mulch. same stuff i got around my shed and trees so using it to "fill in". one more wheelbarrel full and i'm done. get that done before it cooks outside.

the cool temps and rain cant get here soon enough .............. :surrender:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 68 & a light breeze when I went out :fishing:. They're sayin 91* will the high today. We didn't get back from Duluth 'til a little after 4 yday & we were all ready for HH by that time. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: Discovered that the changes they're doin to the "can of worms" section of SB I35 is a mofo to get around. :crazy: :pouty: The people we went to meet had even more problems with it than we did. Not certain what's on tap for today, guess :scratch: I'll just wing it. Have a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I wish they'd all go over a waterfall.  :angry:  They ate all the plants and flowers down to the dirt out of my Mom and Dad's planters at the cemetery. Think it's a friggin' salad bar for them. And I have a dozen sharp wooden shish-kabob skewers in every planter...how the h*** they manage to eat down past those tall sharp things is beyond me.

Reb,lol,anyone like you loose around cowchester? using "punji sticks" in the cemetary is classic.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn tootin'. Next would be bouncing betsy's.... *BOOM*
Actually got the idea from the lady whose Dad's grave is next to my Dad's, she and others do it up there. Deer everywhere....in the city!!!! Groundskeeper buddy hates 'em, too. Eat all the planted flowers and shrubs. See my pics.
%$#@! things! Read up on it, and noticed they don't like marigolds and a couple other plants with a strong odor, so that's what's going in next year. Too much money put into these big planters and 3 trips every week across town to water....NOT for the deer salad bar!!  :fudd:
I still wanna know how they get past my tall punji sticks!!!!!!
 Gonna be on the lookout for a deer with band-aids all over his nozzle.... :doah:
« Last Edit: August 08/19/21, 09:21:24 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Awe ain't dey purty!!! :sleazy:

Reb they like hosta's, plant some of them for Bambi too!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Reb,I had a in to thin our local deer herd off our local apple tree farm for a couple years,the folks/farmers had  alot of human friendly deer that browsed on apples,strawberries and they're blueberries they grew and sold(cash crop),took a toll every summer,for they're apple tree's they hung cheap bar soap around the tree trunks,morning dew would emit a odor from the soap the deer didn't like so they told me,none the less we harvested plenty of deer off that property over the years away from apple tree's.So maybe lay a bar of soap in your planter's see if it works unless you like to feed the deer.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Awe ain't dey purty!!! :sleazy:

Reb they like hosta's, plant some of them for Bambi too!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Ahhhhhhhh......... :mooning:  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Reb,I had a in to thin our local deer herd off our local apple tree farm for a couple years,the folks/farmers had  alot of human friendly deer that browsed on apples,strawberries and they're blueberries they grew and sold(cash crop),took a toll every summer,for they're apple tree's they hung cheap bar soap around the tree trunks,morning dew would emit a odor from the soap the deer didn't like so they told me,none the less we harvested plenty of deer off that property over the years away from apple tree's.So maybe lay a bar of soap in your planter's see if it works unless you like to feed the deer.

O sure, now all I need are squeaky clean deer talking in an Irish accent..."but deer like it too!" NOT!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
here Reb;

What is a good deer-resistant plant?
Image result for marigolds deer resistant plants
Daffodils, foxgloves, and poppies are common flowers with a toxicity that deer avoid. Deer also tend to turn their noses up at fragrant plants with strong scents. Herbs such as sages, ornamental salvias, and lavender, as well as flowers like peonies and bearded irises, are just “stinky” to deer.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
here Reb;

Daffodils, foxgloves, and poppies are common flowers with a toxicity that deer avoid. Deer also tend to turn their noses up at fragrant plants with strong scents. Herbs such as sages, ornamental salvias, and lavender, as well as flowers like peonies and bearded irises, are just “stinky” to deer.
or maybe he should just hang a pair of his unwashed fruit of the looms there!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

just tryin to help ya out buddy!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now if they were YERS, it'd drive the deer up past JB's and Barrys place.   
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
here Reb;

Thanks guys. Decided on marigolds and few others next year, if I make it that long.

By the way.....went back to ALDI's. Couldn't find that mayo, none in with the other Mayo's. Asked them if they have/had it, ...."never heard of it". As Forrest said, "and that's all I've got to say about THAT!"  ;)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Don't believe I've ever seen it @ the GR 1 either. :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
here Reb;

or maybe he should just hang a pair of his unwashed fruit of the looms there!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

just tryin to help ya out buddy!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:
:shocked:                      :tut: :evil:                                     ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry Reb, I'll let ya know if I find it again... 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I found a recipe online that I posted a link to a few days ago, it didn't sound like it would be very hard to make some yourself. A couple of the comments I read on it mentioned adding a couple other things to it https://www.food.com/recipe/avocado-mayonnaise-202316
« Last Edit: August 08/19/21, 12:51:30 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys. No need to apologize Mike; not yer fault. I'm not really sure I'd like it Gunner, so that's why I didn't do the recipe, although it does look pretty easy-peasy. But I've got so many mustards, hot sauces, bbq sauces, korean and chinee sweet and sour and spicy sauces in the 'fridge, the entire door shelves are FULL all the way with 'em. Not like Glen's and his one big bottle of KATCHUP.  :rotflmao:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

Menards sells a spray called Deer Stopper. Ready mixed in gallon jugs with a sprayer on it. It seems to really help with the hostas. The deer would mow them right down to the ground, but since I’ve been applying this stuff they seem to leave them alone. Kind of smells like an old outhouse when you put it on, but once it’s dry, I can’t smell it. Active ingredients Are some kind of egg product and a couple of oils, like mint oil. It seems to withstand the weather pretty well, too, although this summer there hasn’t been any to withstand, moisture wise. I’ve only used it twice this year, label says to apply every 30 days.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:sleazy: :smoking: :nerd: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I may try a wire screen over the pots next year...I dunno. Not putting a lot of effort in this. Been going up there for over 32 years now, maybe it's time to find something else. Starting to wear me out, I guess. Too many deaths and time up at the ceme the last two years for me.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
right past Glenn's!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
right past Glenn's!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That would be where they hit the afterburners!!!!!!! Flying deer!!!

« Last Edit: August 08/19/21, 03:45:56 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 70 here to start the day..  going for the mid 80's so that is better..  and they are saying rain this afternoon into this evening!!!  sure hope so!!  it was the Gf's birthday yesterday and she wanted to go on a bike ride..  so we did, 85 miles.. it was hot but fun..  going to put a turkey on the smoker in a bit..  that will taste good!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 68 here and about the same forecast as Mikey. They are claiming rain, so we will see. Stop and picked up a deer rifle for the grandson. It will be for his birthday and xmas. Got him a 270 savage axis 2. Going to get a 243 for the granddaughter down the road. Well just another half day in the salt mines. Out of here at noon. Going to go to a town hall meeting this afternoon. Have a good Friday boys. Hoping it becomes a wet one!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Glad we won't be in the 90's today.  80's is hot enough.  I see on the morning weather that todays rain may slide by us and head north.  It can change drastically and I hope we get a good soaking.  Think I will mow the lawn today.  Looking pretty shaggy.  The weeds are sticking up too.  I will start the frig in the camper for our weekend get away.  Looking forward to it.  Will watch the Twins tonight and Vikes tomorrow night.  May even get out fishing.  Well have a great day. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,another sticky one at that,still sweating after morning workout,cols shower didn't help much but felt good,74 degrees out the door,hope we get the rain forcasted w/o the severe part of the forcast,heading to the farm

Have a great weekend all

heading to the farm after a little BF in sodak,gotta check on our pheasants we released a few weeks ago and scout for early goose season,although it's hard to get fired up for waterfowl hunting when it's this hot,it's national bacon day so that's what we're havin for dinner,big ole BLT's and fresh picked sweet corn.

safe weekend to all,stay hydrated today,she'll be a dozey later heat wise.