Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900672 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 51 here now.  Had to take a second look, surprised me.  I can see dark clouds south of us so hope rain makes it to the fires.  I have to run to town to get some groceries today.  I will be unsupervised.  :sleazy:  Oh ya.  Then back to get some more stuff done.  Getting ready for fall so want things taken care of so I can fish more.  You all have a good one.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning boys, yesterday was a day from hell. I was stretching in the shower like i ususally do, rotated in away and felt my lower left back muscle stretch like a taffy pull. I said fk thats not good.  Got outa the shower tried to walk it off and ice it then things got real really fast! I grabed a support belt, and lied down on the floor cause i could stand, put the betl on, lied the for a few minuets, slowy got up and got back in bed. I called in to work. I tried to ice and fall a sleep, i only had 1 position to lie pain free in but that last only 10 mn, then i painfully try to find anothet position, but cant so back to the 1. This went on all morning, i would litterally have to pee from the bed into a bucket cause i couldnt get up. If i tried to work thru the pain to get up, or raise the bed to aid in getti g up, id hyperventilate from trying to huff and puff thru the pain and.almost pass out. Lori mad an appt. At the ER,  i tried and tried to get outa bed. It came down to verry possibly calling an ecnalumbma, lori was scare and wen a 30 yr rn gets scare and cant put her.game face.on, things are REAL!. ONE LAST TIME FOR.Lori. i slid outa bed, i. On fhe floor,catch my breath, for a bit, roll over, and hands an knees to the bed rooom door, collapes. Again, hands and knees to the base of the stairs, collapes. Focus, get angry, and push thru, grab railing and.pull and move up the stairs on.my knees, legs going numb, collapes at the top.im on my back for.awhile regaing strength and mind. I pull myself on.my back across the lynolium with the aid od the closet door jam. Then i hit carpet and thats done. Ive about 15 ft to go to the car. One last push on hands and knees, thru garage door, down, a step, on go cement and dirt, past the car door so it can be opened. Small garage. Lori opens dor and i crawl i. And colapes in the relcine seat. After 45 mn, im made it from bed to car. I get to hospital, in the wheel chair im pushed to registration desk and this old bitty who needs to retire, askes, do you need to be seen? I look at her with puzzlement of a puppy and casualy say, pretty sure thats why im in this fkn wheel chair. I get dopped up with the good stuff And examined. Sent homs with.pain.managent and relaxers. Doing good.  But wholey smokes what a experience
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 55* startin out & we may hit 65*. The green on the radar isn't but about 15-20 minutes away. :happy1: Our friend from over by Ashland just left 10-15 minutes ago. Kind of nice that we didn't have to take him back to Duluth as his lady friend came over & picked him up. :cool: It's been kind of :crazy: 'round here since 'bout mid-July but it'll be settling down again now. :dancinred: No more now, hopin your Thursday's a good 1!!
« Last Edit: August 08/26/21, 08:55:35 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
damn it buddy...hope you get that fixed!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :embarrassed:

i'm pullin for you!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys, yesterday was a day from hell.

Holy Smokes!  They didn't give you any other diagnosis besides a tight muscle?   :confused:  Lets hope that's all it was.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
damn it buddy...hope you get that fixed!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :embarrassed:

i'm pullin for you!!!!!!!! :happy1:
:crazy: Yup, get better Boar!!  :pouty:
« Last Edit: August 08/26/21, 09:06:51 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now I am tired after your ordeal Jeff.  I sure hope it all settles down for you.  Sounds painful as heck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey that sucks Boar!!  good lord get better quick!!!  none of us needs that crap....   prayers to ya bud!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Wow.....sorry to hear that. You just perfectly described what it feels like to blow a lower disc and muscle.......been there 3 times. It's hell! Make sure if it gets worse, they do an do some good x-rays or MRI to make sure it isn't a disc. Hang in there!! Heat will help the blood flow to that area, and take NSAIDs like Advil or Nuprin to reduce inflammation. Safe to take with the muscle relaxers. Take care!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck Boar. Been there.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like hell Boar. Hope it gets better quick for you!! I feel your pain. Had that happen a time or 2, but I could still get to my feet and walk a short distance.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Thanks guys, cant keep a good ol Boar down!! I geta play with toys today. Bought a pair of the new moultrie cellular cams! Cant wait
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Possible heavy rain with potential for damaging winds. Hope not. Can use the rain but can do without the other stuff. We got a little taste of that the other day when it flattened some corn down and tangled the beans up worse than they already were. Get better Boar! We need all the help we can get to keep glenn in line!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Possible heavy rain with potential for damaging winds. Hope not. Can use the rain but can do without the other stuff. We got a little taste of that the other day when it flattened some corn down and tangled the beans up worse than they already were. Get better Boar! We need all the help we can get to keep glenn in line!  :happy1:
Do you think Glenn is partially responsible for Boar's unbearable pain?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think area the pain Glenn causes Mr. Boar is about a foot lower.... ;)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys, cant keep a good ol Boar down!! I geta play with toys today. Bought a pair of the new moultrie cellular cams! Cant wait
Cool!  :happy1: You still have the little Spy point cell camera? How did that work for ya?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
cripes......clean your danm room!!!!!! :pouty: :tut: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Still got the spy point works great, suxkie thing is with thers cell cam u gota download firm wear every year
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Met my new neighbors. :happy1: seem like good people. Came from north Dakota, bout an hour south of Fargo they said.

They already talked about a fire in there back yard. :happy1: said they have a band and might hear music. NOW, if they drink beer!!!👍 :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hope it's not a punk band!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard there's new band in Cold Spring called Primus.....  :shocked:  :rotflmao:

https://youtu.be/aYDfwUJzYQg

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Met my new neighbors. :happy1: seem like good people. Came from north Dakota, bout an hour south of Fargo they said.

They already talked about a fire in there back yard. :happy1: said they have a band and might hear music. NOW, if they drink beer!!!👍 :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Yep, band from ND. glenn's kinda people alright... :rotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aWkhuAu8go 

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :taz: :taz:

sure glad you guyz werent here......thye'd of moved back to ND!!!!!!!! :doah: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
watching the little league world series on ESPN,..........some pretty good baseball from these 12 year old kids!!!!!!! fun to watch!!!

2 games on saturday to determine who plays in the championship game.

i'm routin for sioux falls, kid pitching for them has given up one hit......and has struck out almost 3/4 the batters he's faced!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
*Flash flood* watch here........2-6" rain.....that oughtta take care of the drought.  :doah:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Man i hope that band plays heavy metel!
78.50"

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They keep dicking around with the forecast for here. We're in the flash flood watch issued by the TC NWS. That's saying like 3". The cracks in the ground are so wide & deep right now that 3" or less would soak in pretty easily and not run off. When you look at their local forecast tho it adds up to only about 1.4" over three days on the lower end, for now. An hour or so ago they had us down for 2"-3" tonite + whatever over the next several days.  :rolleyes: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:mooning: I wouldn't care, I got some crabby neighbors that might though.

I had an inch and 2/10 of rain today. :happy1: awesome sauce!!!👍👍

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:mooning: I wouldn't care, I got some crabby neighbors that might though.

I had an inch and 2/10 of rain today. :happy1: awesome sauce!!!👍👍

Wow! You can do fractions! Amazing!  :Clap:              :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They keep dicking around with the forecast for here. We're in the flash flood watch issued by the TC NWS. That's saying like 3". The cracks in the ground are so wide & deep right now that 3" or less would soak in pretty easily and not run off. When you look at their local forecast tho it adds up to only about 1.4" over three days on the lower end, for now. An hour or so ago they had us down for 2"-3" tonite + whatever over the next several days.  :rolleyes:

Flash flood watch still on, BUT now saying maybe 1-3".....how in the he** ya figger that's gonna be a flash flood?! That'll be sucked up by the ground  faster'n Glenn sucks down those campfire beers.... ;)