Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902070 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 50 here and heading for 72 today. Went and put up a couple of ladder stands for bow hunting on the state land near the house. I am starting to get excited for that to start. Otherwise not much else here. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats on selling the Business Barry!  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks JB.  I will still be doing the Vikes contest with Boar.  He will do odd weeks and I will do the even weeks. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Did someone local buy it?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our biggest dealer the last few years has been Clancy's Outdoors in Monticello.  He started by just selling online and then he had a store that he rented out and decided to open up shop there.  Sells a lot of stuff.  Just go to his website to see what all he has.  Good guy!  We have been talking about it for a few years.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good deal.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I told the wife I need a new toy out of the sale.  I think I am going to order a new Polaris Ranger SP 570.  Have been shopping brands and looks like there is a wait for most of them.  Also considered a Gator.  Cats colors don't do it for me. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That will be fun! Does Randy have any in stock?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats LPS!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No stopped and told him I may trade in my 2012 Kawasaki Mule 650 XC.  He told me to bring it over so have to decide if I want to sell it or trade it.  He said it could be a 1 - 3 month wait.  They are waiting for parts.  ????  It wasn't until I bought the Mule I realized how much more comfortable a side by side is.  No comparison.  The Ranger I am looking at is a mid size.  Not quite as wide as the full sized ones.  Still plenty of room for 2 people.  3 slim people would fit for awhile too.  LOL   Hoping to get around $4,500 for it.  Need to do some research on them. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
congrats LPS,  :happy1: :happy1: so your going to resort to roadkill sausage too like boar now for the vikings contest.  :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers............ nuttin to pressing today, need to cut the lawn and pack the truck........tomorrow morning its time to head north again!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No stopped and told him I may trade in my 2012 Kawasaki Mule 650 XC.  He told me to bring it over so have to decide if I want to sell it or trade it.  He said it could be a 1 - 3 month wait.  They are waiting for parts.  ????  It wasn't until I bought the Mule I realized how much more comfortable a side by side is.  No comparison.  The Ranger I am looking at is a mid size.  Not quite as wide as the full sized ones.  Still plenty of room for 2 people.  3 slim people would fit for awhile too.  LOL   Hoping to get around $4,500 for it.  Need to do some research on them.
Yep, Polaris is way behind on orders too. Good luck on the hunt!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 56* when I headed out the door :fishing: & it looks like we may hit 75* later. Found 2 crappies that wanted to play, 1 pretty small & the other pretty nice, let 'em both go. Got real nice here ~7 last night after the wind let up so I sat outside for a couple :toast: & enjoyed the gorgeous sunset. Need to mow part of the yard too but it's way too wet so I'll probably have to go ;) :laugh: for another boat ride. Hopin your Monday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i rode in a side by side once. yea there compfy!!!!!! 3 years ago mom decided we needed a new wheeler up north so she bought a 700 yamaha, that thing is a brute. now she's kicking herself for not getting a side by side for up there. we keep telling her no this one is fine, but she keeps going on about how much you can do with them since they have a little trunk so to speak in the back. her new hubby out in new richmond wisconsin has 2 of them.

IMO a side by side up there isnt needed, we have 4 wheelers up there and a small trailer...........we can haul wood and anything else that needs to bee done, not to mention 2 double place snowmobile trailers. besides getting a side by side in the woods to haul a deer out, especially where we go, wont work to well!!!!!!

but yea they are definetly nice!!!!!!! just depends on what you need it for!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin from the north metro,felt good to sleep in this morning.long weekend,cleaning up storm damage at the farm in sodak then at my home when we rolled in last evening,looked like some heavy wind here and rain,gave the lawn a hair cut into the dark last night,temp out the door this morning 60 degrees but humid,heavy dew,this is the time of year ticks become more active  until our first freeze so ppl with pups be mindful as lyme is running rampet in  north central minnesota

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS,
Congrats on the business sale. I'm sure it's bitter sweet as you probably have a lot of personal sweat and tears in it over the years.  I didn't know about Clancy's in Monticello and being it's only 5 miles away will have to check it out sometime soon.

markn, Sounds like your shed is really taking shape. Should be ready to "stock" soon.  Also, a friend of mine "Sparky" always worked the youth event don't know if he did this year.  It's a really big event. Thanks for helping out.

dotch,
Congrats on the sheep awards. Good to know you have some of the best sheep around. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It wasn't this year as the only 4 wheelers they had on hand must've been on the showroom floor as there weren't any outside but 1 of our last times there, Ray's Sport & Cycle in GR, they had a Can Am S X S that was listed at almost $30K. :shocked: Bet they haven't gotten any cheaper either!! :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it's unreal how much some of those cost.  I can bring ours on most of our wheeler trails but I do have to cut some trees in two spots to make more room.  It was even a squeeze for the wheeler. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 56 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Got a lot of putzing done later yesterday. After trimming trees, I tossed most of the limbs over the fence to the sheep. They're great little defoliators. Checked the sheep at the neighbors, did chores, mowed some with the push mower by the barn, pulled the pumpkin and squash vines off the electric fence, then picked string beans. By that time the sun was going down. Did dishes, cleaned up the beans and made some supper. Was in bed by 11 then stayed awake and watched the last part of The Mule. Hadn't seen it before so now will have to watch the first part sometime. Kinda how I watch most movies these days seems like. Not enough time to sit still that long.  :huh:

Happy for you Barry. Something to look forward to.  :happy1:         
« Last Edit: August 08/30/21, 10:01:59 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Barry

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't get arrested but it wasn't like I didn't think about it!  :happy1: Auntie Mar Mar rode up with me this a.m. Our plan was to heckle John Thompson & gov. Killjoy at the DFL booth but we ran out of time. Was our best showing in the sheep show at State Fair in many moons. We had champion & reserve champion ram and reserve champion ewe with only 5 head of Cheviots. Our best yearling ewe contracted soremouth prior to the show so was scratched or we might've had a shot at a sweep. Made the judge look long & hard at our #2 yearling ewe for champion as it was. Still plenty happy with the way things turned out.

Congrats Dotch,so they had that pos thompson at the dfl booth walz as well? that's awkward as walz is pushing to have thompson removed,just wait iffin this happens this loud mouth thompson will pull the race card loud and clear,such a worthless tool.wife beater like his buddy ellison.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Walz was there earlier but didn't stick around long. He probably knew better. Thompson was scheduled to be there but not sure when. He apparently doesn't know better.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Walz was there earlier but didn't stick around long. He probably knew better. Thompson was scheduled to be there but not sure when. He apparently doesn't know better.  :rolleyes:

From our ol' friend at Fox, Branco:

I like the ironic singular he uses...  House of Representative.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Dontcha just love it? Hurricane in New Orleans, heard on radio gas may jump becuz of it, as I'm going past Kwik Trip and see it's already taken a leap...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Whoa....! Just noticed....Barry retired! Congrats, old 'feller!  :rotflmao:
Ya, it is a bittersweet feeling, but now, ya can fish every day iffen ya want, or just say to heck with it, and mayhap just have another waffle or snausage!! No use rushing into things! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Whoa....! Just noticed....Barry retired! Congrats, old 'feller!  :rotflmao:
Ya, it is a bittersweet feeling, but now, ya can fish every day iffen ya want, or just say to heck with it, and mayhap just have another waffle or snausage!! No use rushing into things! :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: well according to his wife all he did anyway was.....awe never mind!!!!!!!! :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

I like the ironic singular he uses...  House of Representative.

[/quote]
Reminds me of Clem Haskins,  coach of the Minnesota Gopher. Remember the commercial on the radio for Red Wing Shoe, with stores in Coon Rapid, Columbia Height, and Inver Grove Height?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't get arrested but it wasn't like I didn't think about it!  :happy1: Auntie Mar Mar rode up with me this a.m. Our plan was to heckle John Thompson & gov. Killjoy at the DFL booth but we ran out of time. Was our best showing in the sheep show at State Fair in many moons. We had champion & reserve champion ram and reserve champion ewe with only 5 head of Cheviots. Our best yearling ewe contracted soremouth prior to the show so was scratched or we might've had a shot at a sweep. Made the judge look long & hard at our #2 yearling ewe for champion as it was. Still plenty happy with the way things turned out.

Congrats Dotch,so they had that pos thompson at the dfl booth walz as well? that's awkward as walz is pushing to have thompson removed,just wait iffin this happens this loud mouth thompson will pull the race card loud and clear,such a worthless tool.wife beater like his buddy ellison.

I hope you are sitting down Snow.  I agree with you.  LOL  WTH is that POS still doing in office?   Man both parties have just disintegrated.  Used to be able to talk about differing points of view but now no way. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And Dotch, your posts make me tired before I have even started my day.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   You will have to use your lawn chair again someday.   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way the guy was going to show up Thursday when he was done fishing to pick up the stuff.  He showed up today on his way up to fish.  Was a surprise but the wife and I hit it hard this weekend to get things organized and I am so glad we did.  Got him all loaded up and did a manufacturing demo and it's a done deal.  My back is killing me too.  The wife texted me and told me to have a cocktail.  She is always right too!!!  LOL  It does feel better.   :sleazy: