Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902246 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 57 here to start the day and going for the upper 60's today..  we got about 1.2 inches of rain yesterday it's still misting lightly...  making a run down to Villard this afternoon..  pick up a new washing machine the Gf bought.. other than that just nor,al stuff to do around here today..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,gloomy start,nice soaking rain last night made sleeping great,felt like a bear coming out of hibernation,stll groggy this morning.

have a safe weekend....

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
My rain gauge is saying 1.90" since this time yesterday. Got the side by side loaded up yesterday inside out of the rain along with the rest of the stuff needed to make a run up to deer  camp this morning. Staying  tonight and tomorrow night coming home on Sunday. We have a couple of trees across the trails that need some attention and maybe a couple of cold beers. Have a great weekend all, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Dark morning here.  It is hard to get out of bed on these days when it is darker yet Snow.  We have a sprinkle coming down now and have a half inch from yesterday and last night.  I am going to fix the hitch on the Grizzly today.  Then I'm not sure what next.  I will get the camper opened up for the weekend too.  The Gophers were picked to lose by 14 and did good the first half and ended up losing by 14.....   The running back got hurt too.  Darn.  Have a great day!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet you were smiling whilst loading up your gear inside Mark.  Have fun at Effie JB.  Hope it doesn't rain on you

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 57* here, headed towards ~ 66* still have a little light rain here as well. Got back from our mission yday shortly before 2 & it was misting by around 3:30. Hard to see much in our gauges though but won't  :cry: :violin: too loudly as we're glad for any precip we get these days. :happy1: :cool: Got a couple things in mind for today, nothin pressing, have to see how far I get ;) :rolleyes: as I know there's some  :fishing: gonna get done too. Hopin your Friday's a good day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
dat suks roony, hope the best for your Mom!!! 
   :pouty: X 2!!  :doah:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the well wishes.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. 1.18" of rain at the ranch w/1.2" in metropolitan Bugtussle. Drizzly, gloomy gray morning here so far. Might feel another glenn impression/nap coming on this afternoon while I try to catch up on my Gunsmoke reruns. Gophers football game was fun for about 3 1/2 quarters. Tough break on the fumble. Typical horrid Big 10 officiating the entire game. Announcers were pathetic. Usually like Gus Johnson but he was kissing the Big 10's butt last nite on the bad calls or non-calls. Have a visitation to go to tonite. Mrs. Cheviot sent a plant. Not too jazzed about going with the recent outbreak of COVID but probably will anyway. Wishing the best for your Mom roony.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch protege....at the fair. 
Blue ribbon.  Total dedication

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to see del. Repaired many rectal & vaginal prolapses over the years. Kinda gross but among the surgical procedures you learn to do yerself so yer not calling the vet out. With the exception of health papers, uterine prolapses & C-sections, most vets won't come out for sheep anymore anyway.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 today going for 72 later..  got a lot done yesterday so today I can plug along..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was wet out but we still had a fire last night since it is safe to do so now.  Felt great.  Had some drizzle at times but not bad.  We don't hear the rain in our new camper like we did in the old one but it did rain during the night.  In the house now and I see Big M now has dog kennel gates back in stock so we are flying over there to get 2 so we can finish our dog kennel operation.  They have been out of them since spring.  May stock up on other things too whilst there.  Enjoy your Saturday.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Another .04" of rain at the ranch & in Bugtussle. Just sorta drizzled and dinked around all day yesterday. Made the visitation last nite. Was expecting more people but I must've timed right. Looked like a larger crowd when I was leaving. Had a nice visit there w/an old friend who was FSA director in Waseca when we officed there. Great guy battling some major physical ailments but somehow keeps a positive attitude. Gotta clean up the car and fill it with gas for a cruise to Good Thunder later this afternoon. Mrs. Cheviot comes home tomorrow so need to tidy up the house before tomorrow. Pretty sure she won't appear until the chores are all done so I'll have time.  :rolleyes: 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 58* currently & 73* will be the high, it appears. :scratch: Some more light rain overnight(~.1") but it stopped just in time to go out  :fishing: before sun up. Brother went along & we C & R'ed 4 crappie, 1 real nice bluegill, & a 4# sucker. :happy1: :cool: Nothin pressing so I'll just wing it again today. Have a good 1!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning all. 61*, damp and fawgy here. Clearing and headed for 72*Received another 1.25" rain overnite Thursday into yday. Grass is really blasting away. Just mowed the back 40 on Tuesday, now it's gone bonkers, really needs a mow today. Haveta take that mulch plate off and side blow it so we don't get the clumpies. No plans here, maybe a trip to Menardo's house of Bargains for a few things, thinking (not too hard) about washing the windows....a pain 'cuz they're all way up in the air, and I can't do a ladder anymore.Wish I had wings.  :rolleyes:  Have a good end-of-summer weekend guys.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Sedums are just starting to turn with a pink tinge....and da bumbles are startin' to move in.  :azn:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 51 here and hoping for 71 today!! had a good day yesterday, company showed up and we had a good visit and supper..  the pig wings went over well!!  no fire last night but will have one today for sure!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  54 here and not a ripple on the lake. Gonna take the hounds for a quick stroll then hit the water with some spinner baits, caught a few nice bass and a 19" accidental eye in 5 fow yesterday.  Lots of shooting out this way, just wonder how many non teal ducks were taken . Gotta run... See ya!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 57* presently & shootin for the upper 60's here. We had a lot of shots fired here too yday, Bobber, most were real early. That WNW wind got to be a bit of a hindrance yday & it's lookin like it may do it again today. :scratch: :doah: That wind direction makes it pretty rough here, so there might not be much boat time today. :sad: Got some wash on the line already & we'll be makin a run for the paper pretty quick. From there............. :scratch: :confused:. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Scary incident at the car club get together last nite. After thinking we'd solved the issue, appears there's still an oil leak in the Stude that makes it only serviceable for short drives. Could smell the oil burning off of the exhaust pipe underneath somewhere on my way to Otisco where we were to meet up. Got there and checked it out, knowing I had to to decide if I wanted to risk ~100 mile round trip or leave it. We stood around gabbing a few minutes until some of the other members showed up.

About that time we noticed the wife of one of the older car club members was laying face down across the front seat in her husband's '66 Mustang with the door hanging open. She was unresponsive & her breathing was labored. Stroke? Heart attack? Seizure? Called 911 and stayed on the line as the dispatcher instructed us to pull her out and put her on the lawn. The emergency response time was incredible. Otisco is off MN 13 but it's in the middle of nowhere. There was a first responder on the scene within 5 minutes of when I made the call. The ambulance out of New Richland was there in about 10 minutes. She was still unresponsive tho and 5 minutes later, another ambulance arrived from Waseca with more sophisticated equipment and training.

About the time they loaded her into the Waseca ambulance she began to move her arms & come around some. They'd initially ordered a chopper to fly her to Rochester but cancelled that. After she started to talk some, her husband told the rest of us to go ahead with the outing to Good Thunder. He needed to take his car home and get his daily driver to head to Owatonna hospital. I'd offered to drive him but he said no, he'd be fine. I hoped so. A couple years ago at the car club Christmas party, I grabbed him before he hit the deck after passing out.

I punted on the Good Thunder trip at that point. I didn't want the oil leak to become a major issue after dark and really make a mess of the outing. Decided I'd be the go between instead & keep the rest of the club informed. About 45 minutes later I got a call from her husband saying they'd determined she'd had a seizure, was talking and answering questions. They were running some tests and I told him I'd let the rest of the members know what was going on. Missed out on a good meal but just thankful she was alright.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thats scary but sure is good it sounds like all will be ok with her..  good luck with your ride too.....
« Last Edit: September 09/05/21, 11:14:27 AM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn scary.  So glad she is ok.  Thank God for the Emergency Response people!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had a nice fire last night, was a great night.  Slept like a baby in the camper.  Kind of wet here yet so will have to wait to mow.  We have mushrooms popping up everywhere.  Too bad we can't eat them.  Only gonna get to about 65 today and then 75 tomorrow.  We did get the two gates for our dog kennel so can finish that today too.  It is half in and half out of the barn.  Pretty nice deal.  Have talked about it for years so will be good to have it done.  Youse all have a nice day.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  cool morning!!  50 here and shooting for 80 today!!  another good day yesterday with the company..  ended the day with a nice fire too..  ate some good food too!!  need to mow some grass today I think...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Happy Labor Day to ya!  47 here when we got up.  Going for mid 70's with a chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon.  Sure hope it dries up so I can mow first.  I see a little breeze going on so that should help.  Other than that no big plans for the day.  Maybe watch some Twins.  I think they are on.  Have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thinking I may need to cut grass too today. After that wash the side by side. Nothing too pressing to do. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 50* when I started movin & mid 70's is gonna be the high. Been out  :fishing: for an hour or so already, brought 2 :fish2: back for the box today. Got a couple things on my list too & tryin to mow is 1 of 'em. Still a lot of lights around the bay today early but I suspect that'll change by tomorrow. No more now, have a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 56 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Checked in on the lady who got hauled off in the ambulance Sat. & she was going home yesterday noon. They found a mass on her brain, slow growing but will probably need to have surgery. No big plans today other than to pick string beans and cucumbers, pick up some sticks and mow the backyard. Don't think I'll do the front again just yet. Gotta leave some for seed. And I need some time to take a nap! Enjoy peoples!  :cool:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  52 here at pooch walk time . Not sure if people are burning up fuel in there boats for the year but the lake was hopping yesterday,  tried some trolling yesterday afternoon and that was a challenge.  Gonna probably warsh the hounds in the lake and head back after a bit beat some traffic,  over and out..See ya!!