Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900385 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Thanks for all the well wishes on the anniversary. Of course, about the time I thought we'd head to The Willows last nite, the neighbor decides to dump a couple loads of hay in front of my barn. Went to The Willows anyway. Got it stuffed inside this a.m. but time to start looking around for my own haying equipment for next year. Surprise last minute hay baling ain't my idea of a good time. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good mornin, 53 here and heading to the low 80's..  sounds like a nice few days coming up...  not a whole lot going on today..  got some things done around here yesterday and went for 1 1/2 hour bike ride..  I think the same for today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin feller's,52 degree's out the door this mornin,agreed mike,gonna be a great fall day weather wise and lucky you another bike ride,enjoy whilst ya can,it snowed couple days ago out west.

safe weekend to all...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...........got a few tings in mind for today. one of which will be picking and pulling my jalepeno peppers and celery today!!!!! may cut the lawn also!!!!!! or do that tomorrow.....whats the rush, right!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 52 here heading for 79 today. Dad and stepmom are coming up today for the weekend. Need to get some brush burned or hauled away this weekend. Otherwise just anther day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
« Last Edit: September 09/10/21, 07:58:36 AM by Jerkbiat »
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Went fishing yesterday.  No eyes but was catching nords.  Was anchored for awhile and caught a nord.  Then trolled a crankbait near shore and caught more nords and a smally.  Entered it next to Glenn's large mouth.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   Have to go to a wedding this weekend.   :angry2:  Will try to make the most of it.  Can't wait to get home.  LOL  So the Bucs just pulled it off last night.  I thought they would have walked away with it.  Must be rusty yet.   Well have a good one and say hi to your Dad JB.   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 53* last I looked & 79* will be the high, I guess. How'd the boat run LPS? Did the plugs look like they could've been the problem? Got my mowin down by the road done yday. Brother finished the shingling of the outhouse too. Had a small :campfire: &  a couple cocktails last night as it got too still to go :fishing:. Went out early today though, C & R'ed 6 today. :happy1: :cool: I see more boat time in my day & other than that  :scratch: :confused:. Have great day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Fingerprinted 130 bales of hay twice yesterday myself then stuffed another 65 bales in the barn that still need to be stacked. Then they dumped 65 more in front of the shed last nite. Prolly have another 70 bales or so of orchardgrass that will be baled hopefully later this afternoon. It will take well into to tomorrow to complete. Will be ready to celebrate having that gigantic PITA over with for another year.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,

last night I watched a short video of a sheep dog could'nt place the smaller breed,white/black pupper,was amazed how well trained for herding sheep this pup was or is it bred into these herding dogs? Man it was all business for this dog from jumping off the atv once the farmer pulled up to the sheep pasture and stop for the dog to jump off to push some 20-30 sheep from one pasture to another then run back to the farmers atv and assume his position on the rear rack.simply amazing.Curious about training.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch promises Ruby gin and tonics after a job well done. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch,

last night I watched a short video of a sheep dog could'nt place the smaller breed,white/black pupper,was amazed how well trained for herding sheep this pup was or is it bred into these herding dogs? Man it was all business for this dog from jumping off the atv once the farmer pulled up to the sheep pasture and stop for the dog to jump off to push some 20-30 sheep from one pasture to another then run back to the farmers atv and assume his position on the rear rack.simply amazing.Curious about training.

Not sure what kind of dog you might've been watching snow but after 4 Border Collies, like any other dog their individual personalities differ. They're extremely ambitious and energetic so need that energy channeled to excel at the task. They also aim to please so badly that it becomes your primary leverage when training them. I'm a novice but was taught some of the basics by the person we've bought dogs from. Much of the initial training is rope training with various lengths of rope to teach different tasks.  Some of the basic commands are circle right or clockwise (come bye), circle left or counterclockwise (away), out or get around, down or stop, walk up, and sometimes bite 'em if the sheep are being a-holes!

Sometimes repetitive stuff like what you described, can be but isn't necessarily instinctive (personality) & needs little for commands. An example was Fudgie, a Border puppy I gave to my Mom. After Mom got sick I got the dog back at age 10. It developed all kinds of bad habits in the house that Mom had let her by with. When it came time to go thru a gate with a tractor or skidsteer tho, Fudgie'd park her @$$ in the opening as if to say, bring it on sheep, I dare ya. It was hilarious to watch them run once they decided those snapping jaws on their heels meant business. The sheep get trained too after a few episodes. They'd never mess with the gate if they saw her in the area. Ruby is a drover, meaning she'll drive the sheep from behind with you. Helpful when moving ewes with lambs from one building to another. All instinctive, never taught either one.   

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon fellas, after 1,007 miles and 15 hours 25 minutes I made it up to Virginia, mn. Tomorrow head in to Life of Riley on lake vermilion for my yearly trip (year 23 for me). I have to defend my walleye crown from last year. Y’all have a good day, time for some beer and pizza.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck coffee!!!👍 :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon fellas, after 1,007 miles and 15 hours 25 minutes I made it up to Virginia, mn. Tomorrow head in to Life of Riley on lake vermilion for my yearly trip (year 23 for me). I have to defend my walleye crown from last year. Y’all have a good day, time for some beer and pizza.

Good luck, be very careful.   The lake is scary low and there are rocks to hit in places where they normally aren't a problem.      Approaching the record low...    I scraped my motor up there in Norwegian bay, not too far from Riley (around the point with the castle on it, in that little bay)   Normally can float over them so wasn't paying attention while drifting.   

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman

Good luck, be very careful.   The lake is scary low and there are rocks to hit in places where they normally aren't a problem.      Approaching the record low...    I scraped my motor up there in Norwegian bay, not too far from Riley (around the point with the castle on it, in that little bay)   Normally can float over them so wasn't paying attention while drifting.   
[/quote]
That’s what I’ve been seeing. I know what rocks you are talking about. Thanks for the info and I’ll be sure to swing wide around points.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here this morning going for 74...  part of my plan for today was going to clean and spray the house down with tempo..  well the wind might play a roll in that.. i can at least sweep off the siding today..   there's always tomorrow..  also plan on another bike ride today too..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 here and heading for 65 today. Wind is blowing pretty good out of the NW. Picked up about 10:30 last night when we were sitting by the fire. Not sure what today will bring. Man to think 20 years ago today was the terrorist attack. I remember being at work and my boss started talking about it. I had just come back from Canada fishing the Saturday before. Remember all those the fell that day. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember that day too, was at work at one of the small locker plants and heard it on the radio..  my supervisor at the time was there and we just were numb... 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 58* for our start & we may hit 70*. :scratch: I don't believe we quite made 80* yday. Wanted to go out :fishing: here early too but the wind & the direction made think better of it. Yeah mike & JB, today's one of those days in our lives :sad:, much like when we landed on the moon or when JFK was shot, that everyone remembers where they were & what they were doing when they heard the news. Boat can use some fuel & there's some mowing that's needs doing. After that, who knows. :scratch: :confused: Hopin your Saturday's a good 1!!
« Last Edit: September 09/11/21, 08:10:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. More hay baling on tap this afternoon. Pounded out the south field last nite just before dark. Dew was coming on so the last few bales are a little tough but wanted it done. Those are still on the bale wagon at the neighbor's. Need to get what's in the barn stacked so it'll all fit inside. Need to make a feed run sometime today as well. Wife is doing wedding & funeral stuff today so it's just me & Ruby like normal. Get some kids to help? Surely you jest. Pussies wouldn't be caught dead within miles of a hay bale...:rolleyes:

Still remember having coffee in my office the morning of 911 & hearing on the radio about a plane hitting one of the twin towers. We were thinking a Cessna or something. Little did we know... :sad:
« Last Edit: September 09/11/21, 08:12:48 AM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 morning fellers..............momma left to go to little falls with a friend to some craft deal........whoopie!!!!!! so that leaves me unsupervised!!! :evil: :sleazy: :sleazy:

well lawn mowing is on the list first up, then who knows.......i see a  :campfire: and  :toast: ion the forecast however. was way to tuckered last night!!! :confused:

yep put the flag out early this morning in memory of all that lost the lives 20 years ago!!!!!!! i was still working at DCI when i walked into the breakroom. seen a bunch of people standing in front of the TV wondering what the hell there doing!!!!!!!! then i seen it too!!!!! pretty sad day for the country!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  not sure what temp was when the pooches and I went fishin,  kinda windy so boat control was kinda tough. Un supervised huh Glenn,  you can get into trouble while supervised.. :happy1: Never forget looking into the sky on this day 20 yrs ago and seeing all the plane marks turning around going back to the airports. Well gonna go help the new neighbors clear up there lot some and maybe wet another line if the wind goes down... See ya!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a very nice day yesterday...  got several things done too..  got the house brushed off and sprayed with tempo to...   spider warfare!!  not sure what I have going on today, just regular small stuff...   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 49 to start the day here heading for mid 60s again today. It was a nice day yesterday. We got a big pile of brush burned that has been there since spring. Now we have room to get more firewood brought in. I should do like Mike and spray the buildings with tempo today. Spider warfare  :happy1:. Nice morning out there so far. Have a good Sunday boys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........man dont you guys know spiders eat flies and other bugs!!!!!!!!!  :confused: :doah: you guyz kill them, i feed my pet spiders!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

yep good day yesterday........be surprised how much a guy can get done drinking beer and feeding a campfire!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

watch the vikings for a bit, see how they play. major project of the day is grilling a whole turkey!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 59 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Finally got the last of the hay baled yesterday late afternoon. It was a little tough but ground thru it anyway. Prior to that I stacked 65 bales & fingerprinted an additional 110 bales twice between moving them and stacking them. Were only 40 bales on the remaining piece I baled & we tossed them in the livestock trailer. Needless to say I ain't touchin' another bale today other than to feed it. Wrung about as much fun out of that project as I could. 😵 There's a guy coming this a.m. to pick up a ram lamb and we have the car club picinic this afternoon. Hopefully there will be no ambulances or helicopters involved.  :rolleyes:     

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 54*early here & lookin like the upper 60's will be the top today. Got my mowing done yday after lunch just in time to watch the Hawks beat up on the Cyclones. The wind wasn't too bad this morning so I went out :fishing:, had a little action but only boated 1. Got some clothes on the line a few minutes ago so it's time to go get a little gas & a paper.  :scratch: Will have to go with the flow after that the list is short today again. Have a good day!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I am back in action.  Was at the wedding and what a wedding it was.  Pretty fancy.  The stress is over now and I am back in my comfort zone at home with the pooches and Bob.  They all missed us and vice versa.  Seemed like we were gone for a week.  There is no place like home.  Took a big thick ribeye out to grill later on.  I don't just want it I need it.  LOL  Well to the tube I go for Vikes action. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy monday feller's,chilly and dark out the door,55 degrees,sucks losing 2minutes of daylight everyday,but hey it's minnesota and september,what a great weekend weather wise so I should'nt complain.

later,