Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902301 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya when you said you overdid it I wasn't thinking hernia Bob.  I have had 2 hernias.  Take the pain pills they give ya and of course take stool softeners regularly or you won't be regular.  I got the boat out already and the oil is draining as we type.  Nice and easy oil drain as the plug is outside the lower unit.  Just put a hose on it and open it up.  Will do the plugs, filter, etc and then fire up the new Simpson pressure washer and clean her up.  Should be fishing by afternoon.  We got about half inch of rain here too.  Let the dogs out around 9:30 last night and they turned around and came right back in.  It was pouring out.  Was fun watching the Raiders beat the Ravens.  I would trade Quirk for Carr and even give them a draft pick to boot.  Our old kicker that they have did good too.  We watch Jeopardy and the Wheel usually.   :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning all. 61* and cloudy here. Sure glad I Fall fertilized and overseeded yday in advance of the wedder morjits predicted heavy rains and storms for last nite.
Got three sprinkles and nothing else.  :censored: Better rain soon before I haveta mow.....have a good one guys.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! 53 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. One of those mornings of multiple phone calls interrupting the work flow with a press deadline hanging over my head. Started off this a.m. with Century Dink informing me via email they hadn't been able to process my payment. Odd. They seem to have cashed the check several days ago! :angry: Can't wait to drop them like a bag of chit on a Halloween porch prank. Communication company, my achin' @$$. :rolleyes: I'd stay away from the grill boober. That might be fun for her but suicidal for you. :shocked:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck Boober! I'm going under the knife in mid October for the same thing.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks fellas,  and good luck to you also Roony!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck to both you fellers!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 47 here and heading towards 72 they say..  not much going on today.. going to Alex and get a few things..  other than that just putz around kind of day!! Cub's has eye of round roasts on sale for $3.99 this week so I might get one of them!!    have a good day all!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin feller's,sweatshirt morning out the door 40degrees,feels good,nice glow to the east as the sun is waking up and rising,great bbq evening last night,great time of year.

good day to be above ground.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 46 here and heading for 72 they are saying. Heard on the radio this morning that the greenwood fire is 75% contained as of yesterday. Heading out of work at 11:30 to head to Grand Forks. Need to go get an eval on the cataract in my left eye. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Busy day today. Meet with financial advisor this morning, menards for five more landscaping block (and a box of beer on the way home), say good-bye to my RMK this afternoon and get ready for a birthday dinner tonight, my 62nd. I officially joined the "Old Farts Club" today. They say my first Social Security check will be in Nov. :happy1: :happy1:
Here's my new hot rod.
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice lookin sled Mark!!  and happy birthday!!  have a great day!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 morning fellers........46 when i looked. these cooler temps then warming up during the day make them flies really annoying. bet i kill a 100 a day out in the garage. they like to move with the sun and warmth.

just a putzy kinda day for now the way it looks!!!!!!!! kinda put some of my canning stuff away for another year!!!!! :doah:

nice looking sled Mark.........and  :happybday: :happybday: old fart!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 47* the 1st time I looked, & I'm hearin 71* will be the high. :scratch: The cool damp day convinced us to head in to GR yday & we got back here pretty close to 2. I hit a couple spots with the mower & gave them a little TLC. My brother & the neighbor went back to town ~ 4 to look at TV's as the 1 upstairs was on the fritz when we came home & the neighbor had been lookin at a bigger flat screen for a little while. They came home with 2 new ones & that will today's project. No more now, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.           Same here, :happybday: :happybday: markn!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: ouch.......your brother left you unsupervised....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :shocked: :mooning: that coulda been scary!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning, we got down to 41 overnight. It sounds like some warmer days coming up to ripen those tomatoes. I should be switching to days next weekend, 5 years of graveyard I feel I paid my dues.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning, we got down to 41 overnight. It sounds like some warmer days coming up to ripen those tomatoes. I should be switching to days next weekend, 5 years of graveyard I feel I paid my dues.
congrats roony!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: i used to work nites too..........that switch was hard to get used to going back to days!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
What makes it hard is I tried to keep "normal" hours on the 4 days at home every week. Now it will be 3 long days and my sleep schedule should stay the same. A little more than 3 more years I'll be 70 and done

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Moving kind of slow today.  When I took the cover off of my 115 I was standing on a little step stool and didn't lift correct so have a sore muscle today.  That's what I get for not using the step stool.  Oh well.  Happy Birthday Markn!!  Nice sled.  I think of upgrading mine too.  Runs great but is a 98.  Just run to the fish house and back so works good for that.  My neighbor has an older Bearcat that I would love to have but he's not selling.  LOL  Nice sunny day out.  I will get the football thing going today too.  Kind of slow on the get go.  Youse all have a good one.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Roony.  I have thought about your annual pepper eating gig.  SO how does that work?  Is it a contest?  What kinds of peppers?

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Anywhere from mildly hot Anaheim up to Trinidad Scorpions and Reapers. We slice small pieces and have them on a cracker and cheese. Its not a contest by any means, just a chance to taste lots of different peppers. We're not out to make anyone sick, mildly uncomfortable maybe.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Happy Bday, markn!  :happybday: And  ::welcome:: to the ol' pharts club!
It's a FUN club to be in!!! OH, nice sled!! If it's too much for an ol' phart to handle, I'd be more than happy to come trailer it away for ya... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/15/21, 09:48:10 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy birthday Markn. Nice present for yourself!! :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Time to exhale after grinding thru a morning of fertilizer recs, banking & payroll. Finished the last of the yield estimates yesterday so should take the afternoon to run some errands, maybe stop & visit my neighbor. Think I may have one of his small leg hold traps that our dumb white tomcat dragged back home last week. Must not have staked it very well.🤔 

Congrats markn!  :Clap: 🥳 What is this thing called retirement you speak of?  :scratch:   
« Last Edit: September 09/15/21, 01:02:44 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happybday: Mark, and welcome to the old fart club. Oh wait I ain't there yet but I sure can't stay up as late as you guys.. :confused:   :bow:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 56 here heading for 65 with a chance of rain today. Well, my cataract surgery is scheduled for Oct. 12th. Let the good times roll. I have not given an update on the daughter for awhile. But she had her reconstructive surgery on Monday. She is supposed to get out of the hospital some time today. All went good. So the wife is heading down there this morning to help her out for a week. So I will be Glenned, left unsupervised. See what kind of trouble I can get into  :evil:. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin feller's,"snap,crackle,pop" morning out the door,quite the light show and a spurt of heavy rain,little humid as well,sounds like possible big boomers this evening...

takecare folks...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  good to hear about your daughter JB!!!  continued good health to her!!!  and safe travels to your wife..  62 here and going for 81 today!!  I love it!!  got a few odds and ends to do today so will work on them and hopefully get a bike ride in before the rain shows up later..  if it shows up that is..  hey Mark did ya celebrate yer b-day like a rock star??   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
He probably sat on his birthday present and made zoom zoom sounds while drinking a beer.  :nerd: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
He probably sat on his birthday present and made zoom zoom sounds while drinking a beer.  :nerd: :rotflmao:
Good guess JB. Thanks for all of the birthday wishes everyone. Greatly appreciated. Got all of my work done yesterday I needed to and then grilled 10 hand cut, bacon wrapped pork chops for dinner last night. And yes Mike a few Hamms' were sacrificed between the hours of 4:00 and 6:30. Going to try to get the floor in the new garage sealed today before it gets too hot and rains. I forgot to do it earlier in the project. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1: 
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 60* here @ 1st peek, & I'm seein upper 70's for the high. We got rained off the lake last night ~ 6:30 last night, we knew it was on the way, then we had another narrow band go through around 3:30 this AM. Lots of thunder & lightning in the last storm & it appears we had close to 1/3" of rain total. :happy1: :cool: There's a few things in my sights for early today, see how far I get. Have a good day guys!!
« Last Edit: September 09/16/21, 08:13:30 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon