Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903294 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........hit the ground runnin this morning. gotta be up at moms by 12 noon. she has an eye appt and needs a driver for the trip home.

put some fish in the smoker i wanted done before i leave........first time i used the electris smomer my granddaughter gave me. watching my brother up north use that one gave me the confidence i needed!!11 :happy1: :happy1:

put some grass seed and fertilizer down pending the rain the weather terrorists said we were supposed to get tonight!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
New toy eh glenn....miss my bradley electric smoker,gave it away when I ponyed up and bought a pellet grill,bad move on my part for smoking fish,hope you brined your fish over night glenn,what did ya use for wood smoke? does your smoker have auto feed?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well its a new to me toy, i've had it for 3 years, just chicken shait to use it. i am a huge fan of hickory, so thats all i use.

the fish were in brine about 36 hours. got the brine reciepe from my brother......lotz of ingredients in it!!!

no its not an auto feed, has the basic tray and another thing a mabob to dump more inwithout opening the door. its also digital where i can set a timer and the temp.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That is interesting Glenn! What kind of fish and where did you buy them?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That is interesting Glenn! What kind of fish and where did you buy them?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: they are northern pike...........AND i caught them.....in the upper lip!!!!!!!!! :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Upper Lip? Is that a new grocery store in the UP of Michigan?   :Fish:    ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. There were a few scattered showers on the radar altho it appears it rained at roony's and not here. Typical. Not a lot on tap today altho I'll probably sneak home & finish freezing string beans. Also need to get ready for the fall car club cruise Fri. - Sun a.m. Heading to Worthington, Emmetsburg & Okoboji IA to a couple car museums and a drive in movie. We get all that done by Sun. a.m. & us old farts will be plum tuckered out. Mrs. Cheviot isn't going so will be riding with one of my buddies in his '80 AMC Eagle station wagon. Folks had one & it was a great car. Stude unergoes surgery on the 28th. Rear main, front seal, oil pan gasket & timing chain cover. Be back in commission in time for leaf watching cruises.

Great news on yer daughter JB. Hope all continues to go well for her.  :happy1:       
« Last Edit: September 09/16/21, 09:53:24 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Upper Lip? Is that a new grocery store in the UP of Michigan?   :Fish:    ;)
:confused: :confused: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :nerd: Try some apple wood with that fish. Lighter, sweeter. Hickory is a heavier smomed taste. I did used to use it when smoking carp, though. Many moons ago.  :azn:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I just got up.  Man am I hurting.  When I did my motor tuneup I didn't pick up the cowling correctly and now I have been paying for it for 2 days now.  I must have pulled that muscle right below my shoulder blade.  Hurts like heck even when I take a deep breath.  Woke up last night and took a real pain pill leftover from my last surgery.  Helped but still don't think I should be pulling up an anchor.  Darn!!!  I am in the mood to fish now.  Had to sleep in my recliner with a heating pad on.  I am a fast healer so in a day or two will be good as new.  Hard to take it easy though.  LOL  That is great with your daughter JB.  I havev wondered how she is doing.  Glad you got the smomer going Glenn.  It will be your good friend now.  By the way your dogs brother started a new game.  Yesterday I heard something tearing and here he took the kitchen towel that hangs by the stove and tore the bejeebers out of it.  He took the new one today but I saved it before he shredded it too.  LOL   Oh boy.  I give him a piece of paper to shred then and he is ok.  The wife leaves on her sisters weekend tomorrow until Sunday so I will be unsupervised too!!!   :sleazy:  Gonna be some good times had by all it seems!  Well you all have a good one.  I will too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I just got up.  Man am I hurting.  When I did my motor tuneup I didn't pick up the cowling correctly and now I have been paying for it for 2 days now.  I must have pulled that muscle right below my shoulder blade.  Hurts like heck even when I take a deep breath.  Woke up last night and took a real pain pill leftover from my last surgery.  Helped but still don't think I should be pulling up an anchor.  Darn!!!  I am in the mood to fish now.  Had to sleep in my recliner with a heating pad on.  I am a fast healer so in a day or two will be good as new.  Hard to take it easy though.  LOL  That is great with your daughter JB.  I havev wondered how she is doing.  Glad you got the smomer going Glenn.  It will be your good friend now.  By the way your dogs brother started a new game.  Yesterday I heard something tearing and here he took the kitchen towel that hangs by the stove and tore the bejeebers out of it.  He took the new one today but I saved it before he shredded it too.  LOL   Oh boy.  I give him a piece of paper to shred then and he is ok.  The wife leaves on her sisters weekend tomorrow until Sunday so I will be unsupervised too!!!   :sleazy:  Gonna be some good times had by all it seems!  Well you all have a good one.  I will too.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: and here i thought i got the mischieves dog!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oh boy you 2c guyz being unsupervised.............that smells like trouble!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pics would be great of the upcoming times.... :rotflmao:

Hope that muscle heals up JB.....I did that to mine last year raking the roof, had a big pile in front rake, gave a yank and pulled backward while turning...*YOW* That hurt so bad I couldn 't even sit or recline. Did the heating pad in the chair thing, too. Took like 3 months to heal up, but I'm pretty sure it was a tear. Hope yers is just a strain!
« Last Edit: September 09/16/21, 10:31:05 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That could be too incriminating!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And entertaining! We could post it on YouTube for him!  :rotflmao: :bonk:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey calm down fella.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry....I had visions of an Emmy award there for a minute.  :reporter;

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh boy glenn,you got me fired up to smoke some trout/salmon,I perfer oily fish for smoking,harder to light them up but they smoke longer....j/k...

Back in my lake superior days stream fishing steel head along the north shore streams I got to know  fish monger "Russ Kendal" in two harbors,before he passed away his smoked fish was the best,still is as his boyz still run the smoke shop.

Russ gave me his simple brine recipe many years ago that his boyz still use today,when I asked what flavor of wood he uses,ole Russ pointed to all the maple tree's behind his shop,although his boyz tell me they also use Pecan wood on occasion today,final touches before I pull the fish from smoker is brushing fillets with a mixture of brown sugar and maple syup,after about 30 minutes @150deg this mixture makes a nice sweet tasty crust,,then these fillets are best served after they're chilled to take on that deep smokey flavor.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Right on about Russ Kendall’s. The whitefish is great, and the maple smoked salmon is, too.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 50 here and heading to 62 I do believe. Sounds like it was warm down south according the wife. Daughter ended up spending another night in the hospital. Her hemoglobin was still a little low, so they talked her into spending another night. Wife is down there now. She will bring here home today. I will be heading down after work today. I will be bringing the rolling bedroom(camper) down with me. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gent's,quite the storm in the weee hours thins morning,could see major tree damage and clean up will be this weekend agenda....little humid out the door 58degree's.

Safe travels JB....Everyone have a great weekend.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Best wishes to your daughter, JB. Hope all goes well for her and your family.
"Rolling bedroom"......love it!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Have a good Friday.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Best wishes for your daughter from me also JB. Got my floor sealed yesterday. I have an unopened five gallon pail left over if anyone is in need of it for a reduced price. Second half of the floor looks alot better than the first half. I guess that's the price you pay when you do a project and don't know what you're doing to begin with. Me in that case. Got to stop at the bank today and pick up grand daughters after school for a weekend with Grandma and me. I think I may have to shoot reg. targets in Alex tomorrow and Sunday morning. Gets kinda noisy around here when these two come to visit, but we love it. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Garage looks great Mark!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, wish I had that!!!!!   :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very nice!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 55* @ 1st glance & we're goin for the low 60's today. Pretty breezy to start too. We were 'sposed to get some rain yday afternoon but never did :pouty: so I did a little mowing after lunch. The leaves were really coming down for only being mid September  :crazy: during our short driveway HH yday too. I've got a little cleanup down at the lake, weeds from all the wind, & the end of the drive could use a little TLC as well. We go from there, hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man I am envious Mark.  That is really nice.  44 here now.  Nice sunny morning.  Have to run to town today.  Pay some bills etc.  May take one more day to let the sore muscle to heal and fish tomorrow.  May be hard to resist though.  The wife is loading up her bags to head out so who knows what will take place here on the Elderberry Ranch.   :sleazy:  Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........ nice looking shed Mark!!!!! JB safe travels and here's to hoping your daughter recovers quickly!!!!!!!!!

yea it was warm and humid as hell last night!!!!!! about 2;30 this morning a crack of thunder stood both of us straight up in bed.  :doah: damn that was loud!!!! :crazy: got lots of dead branches from that wind yesterday to pick up. last night i picked up a 5 gal pail and another half full one of black walnuts.......rebs skurrels will have a good time with them up north!!!! :rotflmao:

all the branches i may need to start a fire tonight  :sleazy: :sleazy: besides it is my b-day tomorrow, i see no reason not to start celebrating early.  :drinking: :drinking: :tequila; :toast: yeppers, i'll turn 64 years smarter and better looking!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy pre birthday Glenn!!!  :happybday: :party3:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, what he said!  :rotflmao:   :party3: :happybday: :toast:

Those new neighbors gonna come over and have a Bday jam with ya??  :dancinred: