Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953069 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice looking day but the wind is picking up by the minute it seems.  My back/side is feeling better but I still feel it so took some ibuprofen already.  Was hoping to go fishing after the Gophers game so hope the wind isn't too bad.  Every year at this time there is a big fishing tourney across the river at the town of Rainy Lake, Ontario.  They set up a huge tent a week or two in advance for the tourney.  I can hear the music play until about 11:30 each night.  Lots of cool boats to look at too.  Thinking about an omelet after I am done with coffee.  Glad you had a good time Coffee! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys from down south in Buffalo. Happy birthday Glenn!! 60ish down here and heading for mid 70s today. I made it down here just before 11 last night. Got to bed about 1 this morning. Daughter is doing good. Loopy from the pain meds yet. Drove by Glenn's lake X in Motley last night.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Not sure what today will bring. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

:party3:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: thanks fellers  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Perfect day here, sunny, slight breeze, 72*. Been outside putzing, painted some trim, steel side door edging, cut the Iris's down, trimmed the mugho pine, and the spruce tree edges. Put some new mortar in bricking loose spots. Ran to store for some milk and bread at noon, saw the local "brewpub", which this town for some reason promotes and we have about a hundred of, was packed with people sitting outdoors and guzzling beer.
At noon on a Saturday?! They'll be piggerfied by supper time. Heck of a way to spend a perfect weather day. Won't be many like this left. :rolleyes:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 70 already and plenty windy!!  could be an interesting day for a bike ride...  went over to Camp Ripley area, stopped at Thielens meat market..  got some bacon and a couple other goodies...  grilled the bacon last night, very good!!  BLT for lunch today!!  got a few things to do today and should get them done..  with rain in the forecast tomorrow decided to drive up to Frazee and get a part I ordered a couple weeks ago..  have lunch in Wadena at the BBQ shack!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sounds like a fun day Mike.  I'm thinking about mowing today.  Looks like rain here tomorrow too.  Looking forward to the wife getting home today.  The boys miss her too.  Buddy was on my lap yesterday and growled a little when Cooper came by us.  LOL  We need two laps here.  It is 59 here. 20 degrees warmer than yesterday morning.  Hope the grass isn't too wet so I can get that mowing done early.  I like the Fox game day guys at 11. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to shoot again today. Windy already, but its windy for everyone which makes it fairly even. Then it's time to clean up the shotguns and put them away for the Winter, unless I go to Tucson this Feb. Start cleaning out some tree rats tomorrow and their smaller stripped cousins. Have a great Sunday all, later.. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 61* for our start & shootin for 84*, I guess. :scratch: Not quite 20* warmer but close, windy all night here too. Knew there probably wouldn't be much boat time today so I went out :fishing: 3 times yday. Never got skunked & even kept 1 as well. :happy1: :cool: Been puttin down a little fertilizer in some of the bare areas lately & with the forecast I'll put some more down today. Other than that :scratch: :confused:, probably be a roll with it type day. Have a great day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 67 heading for a high in the upper 80's. Lots of corn coming off yesterday & a few beans in NW IA. Heavy rain possible so everyone will have their panties in a twist. Love this time of year but hate that part of it. Time to head to Canada mid to late October. Escape the insanity.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Heading up to the land with my son and grandson.  Got a few chores to do including getting the Argo up and running for the season.  Most likely make some trails across the swamps with it so we don't have to do it in the dark.  Did that once on a foggy dark morning.  Pretty scary getting lost in tall swamp grass when you can only see 5 feet.  Not sure if we will deer hunt as it could be mid 80's. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.............looks to be a warm and humid day today!!!!!!!! :confused: at least thats what there saying, then  a big cool down!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Markn.....do you shoot the tree rats just to get rid of them...or eat them also........thats some pretty good table fare right there!!!!!!!!

gotta cut the lawn today also should gret all mt chores done by kickoff for the vikings. i will watch at least till half time..........then all bets are off!!!!!!!! i have faith cousins will flounder!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

ya'all have a good sunday!!!!!!!! :happy1: i'll be getting stuffready to head north. wife is coming with, i might need a trailer!!! :rotflmao: :confused: :doah: :doofus: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good question Glenn, as they are good eats!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wrapped in bacon and slathered in avocodo Mayo!  :rotflmao: I was asked to say that. ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Windy and 69* here. Morjits are yakking HEAVY RAINS again. They only blew it totally last three times they said tha last week, never got a drop.
May take a drive out to the Farmers orchard place for some produce and Honeycrisp apples....that's about it, other than later watch the BUCS whip the sparrows. Have a good day, all.
« Last Edit: September 09/19/21, 09:44:43 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  not much going on in these parts probably zap a few weeds in the rocks around the house and driveway and then with all the wind lately I have lots of kindling for winter to put in the totes. Won't be long and the garage will get loaded with wood as well. Bout it, See ya!! Almost forgot best get my Terry Bradshaw picks in fer today's games.. only got 2 right otta 6 last week.
« Last Edit: September 09/19/21, 10:35:35 AM by Bobberineyes »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that wind is crazy. :doofus: on the past week I've picked up a 5 gallon pail and got a 50 lb sunflower bag full of black walnuts.

Dem SKURRELS are gonna be happy campers up north. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
save them!!  dry them out, peel and crack them for the meat!!!   I suppose you don't like walnuts either!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Come on down and get'em.  :mooning: :sleazy:

I'll let someone else do the processing. Yes I like walnuts just not mixed in anything. :tut: :tut:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can i send ya some skwirrels?!  Never seen so many all the years I've lived here...counted 11 in the front yard alone yday!  :doah: There's a walnut tree two houses down, and they collect 'em and leave the peelings all over the deck furniture and tables and everything else..no biggies except they stain stuff.
Might haveta be open season on 'em soon with that new Crosman air rifle.  :fudd:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Can i send ya some skwirrels?!  Never seen so many all the years I've lived here...counted 11 in the front yard alone yday!  :doah: There's a walnut tree two houses down, and they collect 'em and leave the peelings all over the deck furniture and tables and everything else..no biggies except they stain stuff.
Might haveta be open season on 'em soon with that new Crosman air rifle.  :fudd:

tree rat stew!!!   go Reb!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

tree rat stew!!!   go Reb!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
:happy1: :happy1: yeppers. But don't shootz your eye out  :tut: :shocked:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've heard they're best if they hang for a week or so, like beef, only preferably in a mailbox... :evil:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard they're best if they hang for a week or so, like beef, only preferably in a mailbox... :evil:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good monday morning,little warm out the door , 72 degrees, hot sunday afternoon made for a great day to charcoal smoke( applewood)  a nice big pork shoulder roast with a side of 5 bean bbq  also smoked,enjoy this weather whilst we can...

Anyone catch the mohamed ali documentary last night? back in his cassius clay day's he sure could run his mouth....then back it up in the ring,what a great boxer,never knew he had close ties with malcom-x...which leads ali to muslim religion,always thought ali converted when he was in prison.
« Last Edit: September 09/20/21, 09:07:29 AM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here and a little rain, heading for low 60s today and a chance for more rain later. Made it home just before 7 last night. Lots O driving this weekend. Da wife should be home Wednesday evening. Daughter is doing alright. Pain seems to be manageable. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Did not watch Snow but thought about it.  Good to hear the daughter is doing well JB.  How much rain did you get.  We had some loud thunder and lightning and it just poured during the night.  We got 2.5" of rain!  Unreal.  Not even any puddles this morning.  The ground sucked it right up.  May have to take the dogs over to check the rapids today.  It was barely flowing the last I saw.  Darn Vikes.  Played hard but no win. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good to hear the report JB!!  I did get a few things done yesterday, even as I checked the football game a few times.. too bad, but seems like no surprise to me any way..  oh well...  heading up to Frazee this moring to get a part I ordered..  going to stop in Wadena at the BBQ  joint and have lunch, always wanted to try their stuff...  not sure how much rain we got so far, but the bird bath was down about am inch and it's full..  have a good day all!!!   :happy1: