Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4962391 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Elect. inspector here this morning and then its finish cleaning out the storeage unit. After that coach kids at trap range this afternoon. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 63* for us & we might make 65*. :scratch: Some thunder & lightning ~ sunset last night & then more in the middle of the night too, lookin like we got just a shade under .5" overnight. Got most of the rest of my small bag of fertilizer put down in couple more spots yday early on & did a little more weed pick up down at the lake as well. Have a couple indoor projects in mind to start my day, see how far I get. Hopin your Monday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........had a little break in the rain so took a quick trip outside...we had a bit over a half inch!!!!!!!!!

JB......good to hear the daughter is coming along!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Gunner.....will all the  :bs: you spew, surprised you need fertilizer at all!!!!!!  :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well its time today to fine tune all the stuff to get ready to head north tomorrow morning. biggest challenge will be getting momma motervated!!!!!!!! :pouty:

Mikey.....safe travels.........getting harley parts!!!!!!!! :smoking: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
checked the rain gauge and we have 3/4 of an inch!!  no an AC adapter for a radio..  sorry Glenn!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS. That is crazy you got 2.5" of rain. We had .1" of rain at our place is all.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
checked the rain gauge and we have 3/4 of an inch!!  no an AC adapter for a radio..  sorry Glenn!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

That so ya can listen to the GREEN BEAN  daily Ag report?  :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

That so ya can listen to the GREEN BEAN  daily Ag report?  :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
used to listen to the ag reports all the time years ago... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's before it cools back down. Rain off to our west altho I am positive it is aleady raining at roony's... :pouty: Still recovering from the car cruise. We crammed a lot of stuff into a 3-day weekend. Saturday we went to The Grotto at West Bend, the Okoboji Classic Cars then took in the new Clint Eastwood flick at the outdoor movie theater west of Estherville. The movie was decent but the most fun was sitting outside on a perfect night with the almost full moon. Yesterday was pretty laid back. Froze the beans I had in the fridge so one more batch and I'm done with them.
« Last Edit: September 09/20/21, 09:34:34 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all,
We got a lot done at the land on Sunday.  As usual after sitting for 10 months the battery in the Argo was too low to start it. Because it's a bitch to get jumper cables on the battery I attached wires that are easily accessible and capped them off.  It's never happened but I wouldn't want to try to jumper it in the dark across a swamp. After greasing the bearings and lubing the chains we took it for a spin across a swamp.  Although we made it in and out the "big hole" it became obvious that we probably wouldn't want to do it too often especially in the dark. Last fall I had explored a new path so we ventured across and it's fine. Now we just need to make a landing in the woods and trails that will connect to our existing trails. Because the bears weren't interested in apples, we cleaned them at several bait locations to prevent any conflict with deer hunting.  After finishing a few chores around camp I think we are pretty much ready for deer hunting.  Being it was 87 degrees we decided not to go out bow hunting and instead did some target shooting with out handguns.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS. That is crazy you got 2.5" of rain. We had .1" of rain at our place is all.
Been raining pretty hard here for the last hour & a 1/2, we're under a Flood Avisory according to the TWC's site too. :huh: Temp has been dropping since the rain picked up & it was 60* last I looked. Probably won't see much nice weather in the next week either  ;) since the black cloud is goin to be hangin over the north end of the lake again. :whistling:                       ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/20/21, 10:14:09 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I couldn't believe it JB.  But it thundered and "lightninged" here for a long time.  We could hear the rain pelting down too.  We have this dead elm tree along our driveway.  For a month or longer the wife keeps saying I think that tree is leaning more.  LOL   Well she texts me a pic of it down in the driveway this morning on her way to work.  She wants some maintenance done on it before she comes home at noon.  ????   I said the maintenance dept is pretty busy.  LOLOL   I better go cut it up.. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Been raining pretty hard here for the last hour & a 1/2, we're under a Flood Avisory according to the TWC's site too. :huh: Temp has been dropping since the rain picked up & it was 60* last I looked. Probably won't see much nice weather in the next week either  ;) since the black cloud is goin to be hangin over the north end of the lake again. :whistling:                       ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: you tell my wife she can't come up. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got 1.25" rain here in a deluge. Came down like crazy.cPut the intersection of our corner under water, and blew the sewer cover off. As it was slowing down and draining back in, up popped a raccoon! Neighbor video'd the whole thing and sent it to me. If I can figger out how to put it on here, I will. It's in some wierd format he has on his Apple phone...
Haveta say THAT got my fertlizer and seed worked in!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just dumped an inch and looks like more coming.

Along with the 5 gallon pail and a 50 lb sunflower seed bag now 3/4 full of black walnuts.
« Last Edit: September 09/20/21, 06:01:37 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a little over 1.3" last I looked & that was ~1. That includes the almost .5" we had early this morning too. Lots of wind, 15-20 mph NW, now.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
All done here about an hour ago. Didn't last but 45 mns. Had severe T-storm WARNING out...I have no idea why. Been under a WATCH and still are until 10:00 PM.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Dumped 1.3" out of rain gauge yesterday morning, not sure what we got here in the afternoon. Inspection went well yesterday, a couple of small items to correct. Going to finish putting stuff away from the storage garage today and pack some things to go to deer camp tomorrow and cut the grass. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 52* & goin for the low 60's. Bettin :scratch: we're close to an 1.5" here yday. Cool, wet, & windy early today so we're headed to GR for supplies. There'll be a stop in Cohasset too to get rid of a big screen TV along with the rest of our recyclables. Not much else now, have a good 1!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.... Time to load up gunner I'm headed your way  :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
At least he gives a warning.....morning Glenn!  :azn:
Clear and 54* here, nice Harvest moon out there. Have my physical today (O yay) and then off to load up on some groceries if Mayo cuts me loose.
All set for Fall to start tomorrow, that rain really worked in the fert and grass seed yday. Time for cawfee....have a good one guys.  :coffee:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here to start the day. Heading for mid 60s and sunshine. Still unsupervised until wednesday. So far I am staying out of trouble. But who knows what tonight will bring. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here and hoping for 63,...  last I looked at the rain gauge I had 1.25 inches...  what a trip yesterday!!  got to Wadena to have lunch at the BBQ joint, went in and no tables..  I ask the owner what gives!!  he say's they took the tables out last march and went take only...  did buy a couple different sausages and left...  get to Perham and find a restaurant to eat..  not bad..  then go to the Bongards cheese outlet store for cheese curds..  out til tomorrow they say!!!  back on the road to Frazee, get there and get my part and head home... oh well it was a fun road trip anyway...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Another grand fall morning,agreed Reb,harvest moon this morning setting in the west,so big one can almost touch it it seems

sounds like the natives are restless this morning,everyone up early gettin things goin,fall is here.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Darn Mike.  I have always wanted to stop at that BBQ joint in Wadena and we drive right past it often but not at lunch time.  We have the electrical inspector stopping sometime today.  He is supposed to call and let me know what time.  Needs to check the new sewer lift station and well wiring.  I will cut some more firewood and mayhaps hit the river for awhile.  Yesterday we had strong north winds.  Bad for being on the river wind.  I could smell a doused fire all day long.  Must have been the rain dousing the fires north of us.  ??  Glad things are settling down on the fire front.  Thank you firefighters.  Well you all have a good day!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 47 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. .30" of rain at the ranch yesterday and .54" in Bugtussle. Print deadline today so need to edit, proof, and spellcheck yet another literary masterpiece. After that, I need to get a batch of feed and make a grocery store run. Out of the necessary raw materials to make the magic elixir. Maybe grab another bottle of Aviation gin if it's on sale.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Love it Dotch when a man has his priorities in line,I sure miss a good G/T nowadays on occassion.

Sadly my beverage these days is "Mug Root beer" but with the recent price hike at our cub foods,maybe I'll go with water,dang Mug went from a buck - jug to $3 /jug last week,usually go thru 3 or 4 jugs/week,tight budget these days.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Darn Mike.  I have always wanted to stop at that BBQ joint in Wadena and we drive right past it often but not at lunch time.  We have the electrical inspector stopping sometime today.  He is supposed to call and let me know what time.  Needs to check the new sewer lift station and well wiring.  I will cut some more firewood and mayhaps hit the river for awhile.  Yesterday we had strong north winds.  Bad for being on the river wind.  I could smell a doused fire all day long.  Must have been the rain dousing the fires north of us.  ??  Glad things are settling down on the fire front.  Thank you firefighters.  Well you all have a good day!

What the hey is a sewer lift station??!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
In rock history...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

What the hey is a sewer lift station??!!
pumps the black water from the holding tank to the mound system above it...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
In rock history...

And the #1 song today in 1974 was Barry White's "Can't get enough of your Love"...... :afro: