Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946780 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw some mouse poop on the back ledge of my weber grill on the deck last week, figger they were getting at the grease drip pan. So, set 4 traps around it. Next day, caught a white-footed deer mouse. Figger Im gonna get rid of them tick-carrying bastids, so reset all 4 along house wall where it meets deck. Checked this am.....and WTH?! All traps gone; one was out in yard, looked at it, had a tuft of long black whiskers in it......hmmm....DAMNED SKWIRRELS!!!!!!!!!! Other three still missing. Hope those miserable tree rats got 'em snapped on their friggin' nozzles!  :angry:
only you!!!  gawd that's funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Well, glad I made yer day!  :banghead: Don't you haveta go polish yer new seat, or somethin'?!  :mooning:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, glad I made yer day!  :banghead: Don't you haveta go polish yer new seat, or somethin'?!  :mooning:

nope too new yet!!!  but when it's funny it's funny!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

find some rat traps!!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
After I buy some MORE mouse traps, gonna staple some trimmer line to 'em then to the deck! Probably find a skwirrel nose left in one! That'll teach the little bastiges!  :evil:
« Last Edit: October 10/01/21, 01:19:35 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I have found an occasional lost rat trap out in the yard.    Not sure how they got there.    Could have been a bigger critter that got their foot in there, or it could have been something that found a tasty snack on the deck in the middle of the night.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I se the big M has mouse traps on sale this week!!!  63 going for 67 today and it looks like the rain could be done here..  not a whole lot going on today..  just some small things to do in and around the house..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

just checked the rain gauge, we ended up with 1.9 inches of rain!! 
« Last Edit: October 10/02/21, 07:26:00 AM by mike89 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Still raining here, but Abit ago it was pouring.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still raining here, but Abit ago it was pouring.

When it rains, it pours.
It'll get that loosely scattered grass seed of yers worked in.  ;)
Rained overnite here. 60* and foggy. Morjits say rain/T-storms of and on all day. Ya, whatever.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/02/21, 08:21:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..............still raining here, but the radar shows not for long. momma abandoned me again today! :pouty: er  :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: shadow must be finally rested up from being at the cabin for a week.......he sure is full of piss and vinegar this morning. i made some comment aboiut going back to the cabin, wife said goodbye.  :confused: i just dont understand why she keeps threatening me with such a good time!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
went to some corn maze around monticello.

main order of business today is getting all my canning stuff cleaned up and put away for another season. thought of a fire but pretty wet  :confused: we shall see.....i gotz plenty of girl scout oil!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 63* & foggy here, somewhere :scratch: around 65* is gonna be the high. There looks to be ~ .4" in the gauges from Thursday night 'til now. Some precip still in the vicinty & the hourly says we may get some more 'til around noon. Got back from the big city @ 1 yday, had a little nap, & then wet a line around 5. A couple snot rockets along with a few small eyes were all that wanted to play. Watched the Hawks kick Marylands  :moon:, 34-7 at the 1/2, last night too. Got a few things to stay busy for early, we'll see from there. Hopin your Saturday's a good 1!
« Last Edit: October 10/02/21, 08:21:40 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Never did mow yesterday.  Was still wet grass at 1 in the afternoon.  Oh well.  I am hoping the guy will show up today to talk about the power water coax hookup for the camper.  Would be nice to get er done.  Real humid here but no rain yet.  Seems to be breaking up as it gets close to us.  Gophers play Purdue today at 11.  May have to take that in if nothing else comes up.  Got a nice Sugardale ham yesterday.  Nice ham.  Will be part of breakfast.  More coffee first.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sugardale's are good hams. Local Mom 'n Pop has them on sale frequently.
I like ham. Versatile....breakfast, lunch, dinner.  :tongue:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed.  Love em.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Might've had a sprinkle here overnite but nothing measurable. Need to grab a few bags of feed again this a.m. They were out of the pellets we've been getting. Can't find enough truckers to haul it or people to make enough of the stuff. Imagine that. Get that accomplished and we'll soil sample for a while altho it may rain this afternoon. Then prolly clean up the Stude tonite so we can cruise a little tomorrow. Pleasantly surprised with the way it behaved after the restriction was removed from the exhaust pipe. Major change in power with the backpressure removed. Even has a little snarl to it. Well, as much snarl as a 259 V8 can have anyway...😊
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed.  Love em.

I also buy ALDI "Breakfast ham slices"....nice 'n thick, great for  sandwichs, and I dice one slice up for a big ham'n cheddar omelet. $2.29 pkg.

Now I'm hungry...! mayhap some waffles, over easy eggs, and a few snausages should hit the spot... :tongue:
« Last Edit: October 10/02/21, 08:38:04 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed.  Love em.

I also buy ALDI "Breakfast ham slices"....nice 'n thick, great for  sandwichs, and I dice one slice up for a big ham'n cheddar omelet. $2.29 pkg.

Now I'm hungry...! mayhap some waffles, over easy eggs, and a few snausages should hit the spot... :tongue:

seen them but haven't tried them..   :scratch:  might have too..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i have 1 rea problem with ham.  :confused: the leftovers in the frig...........i cant leave it alone!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too Glenn.  And then I eat a big chunk whilst I am cooking with it so full before the meal is ready.  I need to have more restraint. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
i have 1 rea problem with ham.  :confused: the leftovers in the frig...........i cant leave it alone!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:

Well, don't grind ham up into smoky ham salad, then! You'll be pulling out crackers, toast slices, anything ya can put a blob of it on! Might as well just sit down and eat the whole thing at once!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Then lay down afterwards and take a long nap? I see no problem with that... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we all resemble that!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we all resemble that!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :confused: hey, speak for yourself. :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mikey speaks very highly of you. Why, just the other day, someone said "Glenn ain't fit to eat with the pigs"! Mikey stood up for ya and said "Yes he is!!!"  :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline weareacouple

• Outdoorsman
So happy it is now raining here so I don't have to feel guilty about not wanting to go riding with my husband this morning. Hate getting wet going 60 MPH

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh my!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So happy it is now raining here so I don't have to feel guilty about not wanting to go riding with my husband this morning. Hate getting wet going 60 MPH
:confused: :scratch: :scratch: you have no issues with running around butt nekked, but afraid to get wet????🥴🥴 :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :scratch: :scratch: you have no issues with running around butt nekked, but afraid to get wet????🥴🥴 :scratch:

might get chilled!!!  just sayin...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:   oh yea!!

Offline weareacouple

• Outdoorsman
If it were 85 degrees and bright sun, yea a little rain is no problem and who cares about a wet tshirt but a day like today might be too uncomfortable.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Holy catnip. Just the rain gauge Abit ago. 3 1/4 inches. Yea Reb I dumped it out yesterday.  :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: