Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903141 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
3 1/4" in less than 24 hrs?!    :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
3 1/4" in less than 24 hrs?!    :scratch:
Yea, unless you came up in the middle of the night and peed in it  :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No, I did it from here. Ya never heard of the Golden Arch?   :laughroll:

Yer rain was yellow??????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a lot of water Glenn.  Hope you didn't get a wet basement.  Ham Salad.  Now that is interesting.  I suspect some pickles, onions, sweet relish, ???????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a lot of water Glenn.  Hope you didn't get a wet basement.  Ham Salad.  Now that is interesting.  I suspect some pickles, onions, sweet relish, ???????

Close! Mayo, bit of onions, Dill relish and a drop or two of liquid smoke.....

I jusy don't like sweet relish, if ya do, go for it!!!
« Last Edit: October 10/02/21, 06:13:58 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope, I have a split foyer, only about 3 ft of the house is underground. And it's kinda Sandy soil.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here and looking for 71!!  have to get the bike out today!!!  got a few things to do but nothing pressing for sure!!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 51* now & headed for 70*. Some light rain during the day yday & we had just a shade under a 1/2" last I looked. Went out  :fishing: last night & only found 1 of glenn's picklers wantin to play. Quite a few others out there too. Got some clothes on the line already & expect there'll be a paper run comin up too. From there  :scratch: :confused: Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............my paper hasnt shown up yet!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: guess there having a hard time finding delivery people. yesterday it showed up about 10;30. and there getting some of there people out of an agency in sioux falls????????????/  :scratch: :scratch:

once the grass dries up its lawn mowing day. to nice to be inside so the likely hood of me watching the vikings is next to nil.......maybe listen to them in the garage on the radio!!!!!! :happy1:

ran stabilizer through the boat motor yesterday, time to start loading it up foe winter storage.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate when the paper shows up late also Glenn!! Mornin forum fellas,  55 and perfect out when the pooches took us fer stroll. Man the yotes were really yapping earlier a couple times, don't hear em to much around home,  but at the cabin quite a bit. Couldn't believe,  momma went to cub to get groceries 314 smackaroos later, I asked if they scanned the chit twice! Anywho the oldest is coming over fer the game after a bit,  spose that's why groceries costed so much.. See ya!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............my paper hasnt shown up yet!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: guess there having a hard time finding delivery people. yesterday it showed up about 10;30. and there getting some of there people out of an agency in sioux falls????????????/  :scratch: :scratch:

once the grass dries up its lawn mowing day. to nice to be inside so the likely hood of me watching the vikings is next to nil.......maybe listen to them in the garage on the radio!!!!!! :happy1:

ran stabilizer through the boat motor yesterday, time to start loading it up foe winter storage.

This year, instead of running everything bone dry outta gas, Like I've done forever, (my rider/Briggs manuals still say to do this) I'm gonna leave some gas in the rider, mowers, etc. after running a big shot of Star-tron thru the gas. Really thinking the bone-dry thing dries the gaskets out too much.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate when the paper shows up late also Glenn!! Mornin forum fellas,  55 and perfect out when the pooches took us fer stroll. Man the yotes were really yapping earlier a couple times, don't hear em to much around home,  but at the cabin quite a bit. Couldn't believe,  momma went to cub to get groceries 314 smackaroos later, I asked if they scanned the chit twice! Anywho the oldest is coming over fer the game after a bit,  spose that's why groceries costed so much.. See ya!!
did that include t he liquor store?????  :evil: or was that extra!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

This year, instead of running everything bone dry outta gas, Like I've done forever, (my rider/Briggs manuals still say to do this) I'm gonna leave some gas in the rider, mowers, etc. after running a big shot of Star-tron thru the gas. Really thinking the bone-dry thing dries the gaskets out too much.

the only motors I ran dry were the boat motors, all others I treated the gas and never had any issues...  star tron or sea foam...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always ran the boat engine dry....and after I couldn't find the miss in it one year, the boat mechanic I used found an air leak, said it was 'cuz I kept running it DRY and dried out the gaskets!  Told me to stop it! (Two stroke)  :shocked:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 38 here this morning heading for upper 60s today. Getting some signal this AM down here in BFE. Been a beautiful weekend so far. Road the wheelers about 60 miles yesterday. We will go for another ride again today. We took tomorrow off. Clear blue bird day and calm. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Foggy here yet today.  52 out.  Looking forward to the game today.  I get my paper online Glenn.  It is always on time.  Would be hard for Shadow to retrieve it though.  lol  Got a lot of the lawn mowed yesterday.  The rest will wait till tomorrow.  Hard to believe that it was so brown and crispy earlier when it was dry and now is green and luscious.  Sounds like fun JB.  Beautiful weather for you.  Can't wait for the new Ranger to show up. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 53 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. .03" of rain at the ranch overnite. Made a run to Albert Lea this a.m. to pick up a couple of our show ewes that came off the show circuit. Got there a few minutes ahead of the guy who was hauling them, made the switch and was on my way. Thought things were going a little too smoothly as when I came thru Ellendale, had to wait for 2 trains to clear the tracks.  :rolleyes: Planning on a casual Sunday after all that commotion. Clean some of the goo off the Stude & get it ready to cruise this afternoon. Maybe harvest some stuff out of the garden. Maybe take a nap too!  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I always ran the boat engine dry....and after I couldn't find the miss in it one year, the boat mechanic I used found an air leak, said it was 'cuz I kept running it DRY and dried out the gaskets!  Told me to stop it! (Two stroke)  :shocked:

The only one that I would run dry was my push mower ( it was always a pain to start in the spring if I didn't) maybe cause it's a small gas engine  :confused:
Everything thing else, I run seafoam through on the last run of the season. I've had issues with Stay-bil if it sits longer than the months of winter. That stuff will gel up worse than regular gas.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly on the Sta-bil...that's why I don't use it. Looks like jello come spring sometimes. Talk to a small engine mechanic about that one. (They do have a "new and improved" one out...haven't heard any feedback on that)
« Last Edit: October 10/03/21, 10:07:11 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly on the Sta-bil...that's why I don't use it. Looks like jello come spring sometimes. Talk to a small engine mechanic about that one. (They do have a "new and improved" one out...haven't heard any feedback on that)
We use the new Marine Sta-bil in the boat & the new regular in everything else. Have always use Sta-bil up here with no issues but I usually make a point to start everything pretty early in the Spring every year too. Only thing we run dry is the new portable generator, which the manual suggests. Everything else gets Sea Foam &/or Star Tron in it along with the Sta-bil before it's stored & maybe even a little in the last tank or 2 of the season.
« Last Edit: October 10/04/21, 04:23:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here going for 75..  going to be a nice day again!!  not sure what else I have going on today but it will happen as the day chugs along!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,chilly start 50 degrees and damp out the door,heavy ,thick fog....pup woke me early to pinch one off as I fell asleep early last night I guess,long day on sunday,up at 4am to set decoy's,then yard work all day,back felt it this morning but the heat mode in the recliner made things better.

good day to all,for thos driving slow down,the fog is thick.

PS you guyz with fuel issues and stabil,wouldn't running none ethnol fuel solve your issues?

Use it in all  my small engines plus a shot of seafoam now and then to clean the carbs.

« Last Edit: October 10/04/21, 07:05:27 AM by snow1 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Of course we all run non-oxy. Corn squeezin's in small engines is for nitwits. Still use a stabilzer though.
Morning, cats. 51*, damp and a wee bit fawgy here. Like pea soup. Grocery day later and mow the back forty. CSR's over applewood for dinner. There's the day. Have a good one, all.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got home from Hubbard CO. yesterday to dump 2.1" out of rain gauge from Friday. Got some tree stands fixed up, had some cold beers and good eats. No grouses. Going to take a load of "stuff" to end of driveway that when moved back from storage to new garage that has been deemed un-needed. One side will have a "free" sign, the other things greatly reduced in price. I've been using premium gas in all of my small engines, last two tank fulls on the mowers, and haven't had any issues with any of them. The yard vacuum sits for 11 months between usage. I do give them a shot of Sea-foam on the first go of the year. Have a great day, later.....  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 48* here, goin for 74*. No non -oxy used here, even in our outboard as it does nothing but carbon up, unless I run it @ WOT all the time, on 91 octane. Our manual even says anything over 89 can cause carbon issues & it does on our 115 Yamaha. :confused: It is a '02/'03 High Output model though so............... :scratch:, even the mowers, 4 wheeler use the same 87 octane.  It took almost all day for my clothes on the line to dry with no wind yday. Moved, mulched some more leaves here again yday as they started falling pretty heavy early on Saturday. No big plans, so I'll go with the flow. Hopin your monday's a good 1!
« Last Edit: October 10/04/21, 07:48:29 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........not sure the game plan quite yet. once the garbage guy dumps my yard waste bin, i'll fill er back up. gonna cut back all the hosta's and whats left of the flowers.

after that........who knows. boat it loaded for putting it ni-nite.........might do that tomorrow or wed. that will also be horseradish makin day!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........not sure the game plan quite yet. once the garbage guy dumps my yard waste bin, i'll fill er back up. gonna cut back all the hosta's and whats left of the flowers.

after that........who knows. boat it loaded for putting it ni-nite.........might do that tomorrow or wed. that will also be horseradish makin day!

Best warn the neighbors and alert the HAZMAT team.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 48* here, goin for 74*. No non -oxy used here, even in our outboard as it does nothing but carbon up, unless I run it @ WOT all the time, on 91 octane. Our manual even says anything over 89 can cause carbon issues & it does on our 115 Yamaha. :confused: It is a '02/'03 High Output model though so............... :scratch:, even the mowers, 4 wheeler use the same 87 octane.  It took almost all day for my clothes on the line to dry with no wind yday. Moved, mulched some more leaves here again yday as they started falling pretty heavy early on Saturday. No big plans, so I'll go with the flow. Hopin your monday's a good 1!

Of course gunner,use 87 oct,plug's will carbon quickly when fuel seperates,repair shops love it.But to each they're own

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice day again today.  A little mowing to finish up.  Some little things to do to but no big deal.  Didn't make it through the Bucs game but see they beat the Patriots.  LOL  Quirk is a pansy.  So that about sums up yesterday. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't believe how wet everything is in the mornings lately. :confused: takes till noon to dry up. Getting tired of wet feet. :pouty: