Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4951952 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't believe how wet everything is in the mornings lately. :confused: takes till noon to dry up. Getting tired of wet feet. :pouty:
dat's why normal folks wear foot gear... just sayin...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 45 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Typical Monday morning chaos so far. Still savoring the shakedown cruise in the Stude yesterday. Took it for a spin to the apple orchard, then up to Meriden and over to Waseca. Car performed wonderfully. Getting that broken off crimped down piece of pipe removed from the exhaust was the ticket. Nice throaty, growl too instead of sounding like it was muffled by a pillow. More power so have to relearn how it behaves. Does 65 in OD now before you realize it. Dry as a bone underneath too. Never would've found the restriction w/o having those new oil seals put in. Scared me a little when we stopped at DQ tho. Noticed a small puddle of antifreeze & radiator frame was wet. Overflow tube is on that side. Temp stayed at its usual 165 all afternoon. Got it home & let it set a couple hours. No puddle. Checked the radiator. Full almost to the neck so think we're good. They just overfilled it. 😎   
« Last Edit: October 10/04/21, 10:56:49 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I can't believe how wet everything is in the mornings lately. :confused: takes till noon to dry up. Getting tired of wet feet. :pouty:
dat's why normal folks wear foot gear... just sayin...   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:pouty: :pouty: i wear shoes ya doofus........ :mooning: :doah: :pouty: shouldnt need to wear chest waders!!!!!! :rotflmao: :bonk: :bonk:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Some low cut slip-on mucks here. Something like this: https://www.hisea.com/hisea-waterproof-garden-shoes-ankle-slip-on-rain-boots.html They keep my feet dry when it's this wet, on my 2nd pair. Different brands though.
« Last Edit: October 10/04/21, 11:46:37 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Some low cut slip-on mucks here. Something like this: https://www.hisea.com/hisea-waterproof-garden-shoes-ankle-slip-on-rain-boots.html
hey... That's an idea!!! You ain't so bad after all. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey now,this ain't no shoe thread....BUT been looking for a pair of these "mucks" found a good line under "men's walking shoe clogs", I'm on it.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Well, stop crying and get some real waterproof shoes...  :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those are looking good.  Great wet grass shoes. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 53* now & headed for the low 70's again. Mulched some leaves, raked some pine needles too, & even did a little mowing yday afternoon. Went out :fishing: last night again but it was awfully calm, did find 1 small eye though. Probably mess with the pine needles some more early today & we'll see after that. Have a good day!!
« Last Edit: October 10/05/21, 06:53:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,chilly start,48 degrees out the door,no moon?new moon makes it pretty dark.

Thought about heading out at 430am to set decoys but after I hit the heat button on my recliner,it was a no go...

Good day to get chores done around the house,gonna be a doosey weather wise,not many of these nice days left.
« Last Edit: October 10/05/21, 08:25:35 AM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, about the same here, 50 and heading towards the mid 70's again...  great weather!!  got a few things to do today and get a birthday card for the DIL..  nice gal..  got to fire up the crockpot today too...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  45 here right now.  I too got the mowing done yesterday.  A project that has been looking me in the eye is 3 deck boards I need to replace.  I got a loan from the bank to buy 3 boards so now need to get them installed.  LOL  Feels good to have more time to do these things now too.  The weather has been great and looks like will be just a little cooler next week.  Still nice though.  Gotta enjoy it whilst we can. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 48 to start the day here and heading for the upper 70s today. Back to the grind today. Had a great weekend camping down in the forest. We really do enjoy it down there. And the weather was great too. Now we will need to winterize the camper in the next couple of weeks. That time of year to put that to bed.  :pouty: Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........48 when i looked.......everything looks ringing wet out again.  :doah:

sunday my brother, who is at the cabin texted me a picture that said biggest damn grouse i ever seen. he was holding a wild turkey!!!!! :scratch: :scratch: had to be road kill!!!!! mom and stepdad is my guess hit it. brother would fit in here..........even more full of  :bs: :bs: then you guyz!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

speaking of putting things to bed for winter, boat is loaded up gonna cover it today, and take it to its storage place tomorrow. i'll bow out the water lines at the cabin next week when i go to the cabin and get things ready for winter up there. tomorrow will be horseradish making day to.

gotta doc appt, 6 month physical thing. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 51 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. The weather hits just keep on coming. Some getting their panties in a twist when the dew doesn't come off so they can't combine beans until after lunch. They'll be done beans soon enough and will have to find something else to bitch about. It's been a relatively easy harvest for most thus far so they should be counting their blessings. Unbelievable stretch of weather, yields are good as are prices. Hey I know, let's whine about fertilizer prices!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Consultant prices are nutz!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
does that mean Dotch is way overpaid??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

Reb wanted me to ask.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

They're about to gworse! worser!  :bonk:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got worser in this farmers field!  Only around CAWchester! :doah:

https://kttc.com/2021/10/05/one-injured-in-cement-truck-rollover-near-elgin/

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

They're about to gworse! worser!  :bonk:
so your gonna get another raise??? :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

And iffin your gonna mail me something, I could use a pair of them garden shoes  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking more along the lines of that vibrating bra for Smurfette... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking more along the lines of that vibrating bra for Smurfette... :rotflmao:

dats funny!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: my doctor is a hoot. We spent more time talking about where he goes up north and our cabin then anything else.he even had this earth satitlite up on the computer in the exam room  :rotflmao:

No he didn't grab my family heritage or stick his fingers where the done belong, but he did say I was  a healthy specimen. :sleazy: :happy1:

and something i feel really good about, 6 months ago i weighed 235 today 222 lbs............... at one point i was pushing 280!!!!!

must be the MGL!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/05/21, 04:51:56 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Way to gettem side tracked on cabins, no fondling,  no hole check, you even wiz in a cup? Although I prefer the lady Docs, small fingers... :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Way to gettem side tracked on cabins, no fondling,  no hole check, you even wiz in a cup? Although I prefer the lady Docs, small fingers... :sleazy:
:happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope i'll do that in 6 months ...mainly today was to check my A1c.

pretty sure the nurse doing my vitals was winking at me too!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :evil: :smoking:
« Last Edit: October 10/05/21, 05:18:29 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't bogart that joint too much.  :smoking:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Some low cut slip-on mucks here. Something like this: https://www.hisea.com/hisea-waterproof-garden-shoes-ankle-slip-on-rain-boots.html They keep my feet dry when it's this wet, on my 2nd pair. Different brands though.
sooo.... Anyone got an idea where a guy can buy a pair of these??? Other than Amazon.... That ain't gonna happen.  :tut: I really like to get a pair.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have your wife order them from Amazon.  LOL  Good about your health Glenn.  Ya it is funny that I too lost weight when I retired.  20 lbs.  Glad I didn't gain it.  Feel good.  I don't have that mandatory 10 oclock coffee break which meant a sandwich or something like that.  Noon same thing.  2:30 break same thing.  Sometimes when I got home I wasn't that hungry for supper. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have your wife order them from Amazon.  LOL  Good about your health Glenn.  Ya it is funny that I too lost weight when I retired.  20 lbs.  Glad I didn't gain it.  Feel good.  I don't have that mandatory 10 oclock coffee break which meant a sandwich or something like that.  Noon same thing.  2:30 break same thing.  Sometimes when I got home I wasn't that hungry for supper.
no buying shoes, especially ones I've never had online. I need to try them on first hand.

I'll be driving right by a fleet supply tomorrow morning, gonna stop there.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
sooo.... Anyone got an idea where a guy can buy a pair of these??? Other than Amazon.... That ain't gonna happen.  :tut: I really like to get a pair.
Seen this comin so I was ready!! ;)  :doah: What size? How about these? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sloggers-Women-s-Rain-Garden-Shoes-Midsummer-Blue-Style-5102BL/19364993?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0& ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                   :nerd: Yeah, Runnings should have something like them. Got my 1st ones at FF, they didn't last long though. Brother has those in the link & likes 'em so those will be my next pair. Mine get used pretty much everyday.
« Last Edit: October 10/06/21, 05:34:24 AM by Gunner55 »