Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953712 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,Another mild wakeup call this morning,very pleasant start of the day,woke up to my pup needing some attention at 430...then I came across a little bump on his face,damn wood tick,that woke me up scratchin and checking myself out,so it's that time of year again until our first frost later this month...hate ticks.
« Last Edit: October 10/06/21, 09:24:18 AM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 here heading for upper 70s again today. Yep, I hate wood ticks too. With this warm fall they just keep hanging on. Nice thing is I have not had to start burning wood yet. Looking like it may be a wrt weekend. Of course we are supposed to go to hunting camp to get stands and things ready. Typical of what usually happens. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 53 here and going for 73...   going to Alex today..  got to get a few things...  other than that not a whole lot going on today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 55* here & shootin for the lower 70's again today. We have a couple spots with 4-5 big pines in the same spot & the needles get so thick nothing else can grow in that spot. So that was yday's project, raked up enough to fill the old big tarp twice so I could drag 'em over to the edge of the woods. Took a nice boat ride last night too, did wet a line but no takers. Got some work with the leaf blower to do startin the day out today. Hopin your Wednesday's a good one!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........time to put the old fishing machine (boat) away. not me!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut: and horseyradish making today!!!!!!

gunner.........you take a picture of your garden shoes???????????  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: No, but I do have a picture of were you should keep yours!! :moon:     :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: No, but I do have a picture of were you should keep yours!! :moon:     :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. More harvest progress yesterday. More finishing up with beans and heading into the corn, some as dry as 16%. That can be dumped in the bin w/o drying provided it has a full aeration floor & a working fan. A few combine mishaps & fires starting to show up. It's tinder dry in the fields. The picked corn field I sampled yesterday afternoon would've gone 'woof!' if I'd flipped a match in it. 😨 Left the windows open last nite. Slept like a rock. A few cocktails prolly didn't hurt. Can't wait for the neighbor to start his corn dryer. Thing is the world's best sleeping pill. Hear it and I'm out. 😴 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another beautiful but windy day here.  I did get those deck boards replaced before someone stole them so that was a success.  Just got the propane located so know where not to dig with the backhoe when we do the power to the camper.  Those are some pretty shoes Gunner, I could see Glenn with the bluish color.  LOL  Gonna fry up some of my homemade breakfast sausage here in a few minutes.  Then I will know if I have to add anything to them. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 55* here & shootin for the lower 70's again today. We have a couple spots with 4-5 big pines in the same spot & the needles get so thick nothing else can grow in that spot. So that was yday's project, raked up enough to fill the old big tarp twice so I could drag 'em over to the edge of the woods. Took a nice boat ride last night too, did wet a line but no takers. Got some work with the leaf blower to do startin the day out today. Hopin your Wednesday's a good one!!

In the same boat gunner,big stand of jack pines out back layin down a bed of pine cones and brown neddles big time,got lazy one year and raked up a pile of needles,,dropped a farmer match on the pile....next thing ya know wearing shorts my legs were hairless and my plastic rake looked like a basket ball on a stick,almost melted my tennis shoes to my feet and started my nearby corn crib on fire,it was quite the shete show as my garden hose didn't reach the fire,good thing I had my wheeler nearby by to run buckets of water,of course this was during our spring fire ban,luckly the fire dept was busy else where.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Boys who play with fire wet the bed, ya  know. So goes the old saying. :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning, Going to haul some firewood today. I'm trying to get some things done before my I go on light duty for 6 weeks. 20 lb limit goes into effect mid month. Can't take the mater cages down while the plants are still spitting out some nice ones. The warden will have to get one of our kids to help pull the steel fence posts. Got the pumpkins out yesterday.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Another dandy morning ,59degrees,calm winds here,lite precip on the way but what a fine start of a day for early october,sucks to live in colorado as the mountain folks are getting pounded with a foot of snow today....it's coming .

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
m ornin all, 60 this morning and hoping for 71..  saying small chances for rain today and the next 3 days...  just normal stuff on the agenda today so  nothing pressing...  maybe do some mowing, the grass has slowed down in it's growth...   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here this AM heading for mid 70s today. Same as Mikey, talking chance of rain tomorrow and thru the weekend. Usually how it works for us when we go to deer camp. Get to work in the rain.  :pouty: Oh well. I got my brush hog for the skid steer dug out last night. I had it tucked away in a stupid spot, so I had to move a bunch of stuff to get at it. Won't be putting it back there again. Need to go to Roseau after work today. Forgot to get tabs for the wife's car last week when we were there and they expired in September. Oops.  :doah: Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 58* here last I looked & it appears that thehigh is gonna be in the low 70's again. I messed around with leaf control for a good part of the AM yday. Then us & the neighbor went up to Squaw Lake for a little HH, some belated bday celebration(brother's), & had a little chow before comin home. Headed to GR today as we 've got an appt to get the recently discovered chip in the cars windshield fixed. No more now, have a good day!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Finished first cup of coffee, time to load the skid loader up and bring it back to the rental place after doing the landscaping around the garage. Spent about seven hours in it yesterday and my a$$ hurts. Thing could use a bit more padding in the seat. Pictures coming, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen the dirt there yesterday morning...   your place is looking good!!   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............finish taking care of horseradish today and putting stuff away!!!! not sure what else is on tap yet......maybe chase momma around!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Having some sausage and eggs and then off to Menardo's. Getting wire and plumbing parts for our RV program.  Sure liking the kennel we made for the dogs.  So nice to put them outside in it when I am gone and they can't come with me. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. More soil sampling on tap today. Getting old. Soil sampling is catching up to me. The good thing about it is it gives me a post mortem on some of the disease issues and a look at different tillage practices. Even tho the sampling itself sucks, I do get to listen to classic rock all day long. I can do a nasty Jimmy Page air guitar impression with a soil probe! All kidding aside, it's given me an invaluable perspective over the years a lot of people in my profession never get. Hard to do that riding around in a pickup all day.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Having some sausage and eggs and then off to Menardo's. Getting wire and plumbing parts for our RV program.  Sure liking the kennel we made for the dogs.  So nice to put them outside in it when I am gone and they can't come with me.
yea shadow throws a fit when he cant go with me in the truck!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i took him with yesterday to get the horseradish, its out in the country on a farm...........i could tell..............he was pretty mellow the rest of the day!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's the before and after pictures from yesterday. I'm calling the garage "officially done" for now until next Spring when it's time to do more concrete and the blacktop. I'll get some inside pictures as soon as I have the mess cleaned up inside. Mikey, stop by and I'll give you the ten cent tour. Later...
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds good!!   the top picture is what I seen, but with the doors closed I think, about 11am

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great!! :happy1: :happy1:
X2.....think you need to rake some leaves though!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 here heading for mid 60s are rain later today there are clammering. Rain thru Monday is what they are saying. Got most everything loaded last night. Just need to pack food and clothes after work, then hit the head to head south to da hunting shack. I am going to redo my stand. I currently have an open box stand. Plan is to change that to an 8x8 platform, then put a ground blind on it for a year or 2 until I build an enclosed stand on it. I am certain some  :toast: will be injured rain or shine this weekend.  Otherwise juat another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sounds like a good weekend JB!  61 and looking to 74 and maybe some rain here to thru Sunday...  have an outdoor wedding tomorrow so hope it holds off for those folks...  if it rains I have a rain coat so I can still watch it!!   I told the groom the other day he still has a few days to change his mind...  but really they seem to be a real good pair...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Gloomy friday gents,lite rain soaking rain,kinda muggy morning but it's better than freezing rain and cold so we got that going for us.

have great weekend fellers,be safe.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sure darker than it used to be at this time.  The Menardo trip was a bust.  I called twice this week to have them measure out 350' of wire for me.  Wanted to give them my card to pay for it.  They said management doesn't like them to do that until the customer is there.  They didn't know why.  SO I get there and the real nice lady said how accurate they are when cutting wire so they know how much is still on the spool.  It said 369' so she called and had them cut 19' off of the spool.  I got back there and could tell there wasn't that much wire on it.  SO the GOOD guy that was working there and I pulled the wire off and there was only 220' and now a 19' chunk.  ???? :angry2: :angry2:  I had to go up front to get a refund and nicely told them they need to change their policies on wire.  Anyway I called Border States Electric and they will have everything I need delivered to my place on Tuesday.  All did turn out well even though I wasted a trip to the Falls.  I found some holes in our crawl space that I filled with foam so nice to have that done.  Will get the camper opened up and frig on for the weekend today.  May have a fire if the rains don't come first.  Thinking sausage, kraut, beans for supper.  I am drooling thinking about it.  I got gas at Cenex here yesterday and the lady said how different the fall is this year.  Last year it got cold in Oct and they were selling propane like crazy.  I do remember we didn't have much of a fall last year.  This weather is great!  Keep the nice days coming even if it does rain.  Well you all have a good one and stay out of trouble.